Work Wear Safety Shoes Employee Reviews

Bad people to work.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXMay 8, 2019
Unprofessional people to work with a lot of gossiping also you get to work more than others (preferences). Bad management managers & hr don’t care about employees.
The worst place ever
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXMarch 1, 2019
I was hired because of my skills and experience and I was let go two weeks later because my trainer was clueless on how to communicate and get along with someone. She was the most negative person I have ever worked with and she actually complained about me being too loud and outgoing...in other words you will not fit in if you are a positive happy person and a good attitude will cost you your job if you have to work with the negative constantly complaining rude old woman in accounting.
I was told to ask questions and when I did the answer was always because that's how we do it. I was told to just be quiet and do what she said how she said. Is that how a professional person trains someone? I was accused of insubordination because I wanted answers to my questions while I was training...seriously. inquisitive and insubordinate are two completely different things. To top that off every time I would say I needed help with something I would get told she was too busy. I literally had the same questions sitting on my desk for 4 days!
Oh and then there is the blatant favoritism. If you were on the other ladies team she bought you cute stuff for your desk and laughed and joked with you but if you were unlucky enough to be on my team you had to buy all your own decorative stuff.
The other team's trainee had the lead sit and work with her in a cheerful informative way for a week. I had grumpy sit with me for one day ONE DAY then I was on my own. I was constantly hearing her whisper about me to others which is very unprofessional and rude. The policies and procedures they use are from
  more... 20 years ago but don't you dare make a suggestion to improve anything or you will be thrown out on your butt.
They should fire her for the blatantly unprofessional way she treated a new hire but since she has been there forever I am the one that was disposable. Never mind the fact that I pretty much trained myself and was a week ahead of everyone else with ZERO ERRORS IN TWO WEEKS...miss grumpy did not like me so I'm not worthy of working there.
Mr CFO...good luck, Sir. There is no way that team will ever be efficient in their production with a "just do it cuz I said so" attitude from an ancient Eeorish lead. I saw so many improvements that could have been made but I was fired before I could discuss them with you. I wish you the best and I really believe that letting me go was a mistake that you will definitely regret.
Re
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXOctober 15, 2018
I is good place to work just got really slow so who knows maybe go back if it gets busy so hopefully I get to go back there and work and learn something new it's like any business got to have work to keep people working
Fun and knowledgeable
Tx - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Work Wear is a great place to work. You get to experience different type of customers everyday. Not every customer has the same happines you do so you have to some how rub some of that happines to them.The inventory WorkWear has is beyond what most competitors don't have.
Pros
Spiff to gain more profit in our paychecks, free lunch after beating monthly quotas
Cons
No security
Employeesa Are amaingcinz and fun
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2017
Pros:
* Work Wear has a great group of store managers and employees
* Customers are amazing
* The customers remember you like you are a part of there family
Integrity seems to be lacking
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I worked for Work Wear for less than 2 years. The moment I started the office supervisor was already gossiping and bad mouthing other office personnel. Invitations to lunches with the higher ups to gossip about other employees seemed to be the main focus for the lunches, however it was nice HR paid. I knew instantly this job would not last...and it didn't. I managed to hang in for a year and a half. The other employees were awesome. HR and the other people running the office are lacking integrity BIG TIME.
Pros
Reasonable hours. Nice employees below the higher up level
Cons
Gossip, head games, low pay, unstable work environment
great place to work
Clerical Assistant, salesman (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2017
Very easy going job that is very great going with a lot of great people apart of their team. I really love how they treat their employee. I would recommend this job to people.
Good Learning Oppotunities
Six Sigma Green Belt (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 15, 2017
It's a good company to learn things. Although the company is not big, the CEO is full of energy and ambitious. I am glad to work under him and move forward to the next page.
Work was rewarding
General Manager/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2017
Was a family oriented business and we worked and played together. The employees were easy to work with and get along with each other. Communication was sometimes an issue.
Friendly atmosphere
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 13, 2017
For part time, the greeting of customers as soon as they walk in and offer assistance. Depending on which company the customer works for, will be based on which type of protective shoe wear needed. Received great and direct assistance from supervisor as well as office personnel.
This Company Needs To Change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2017
This company recently sold to new owners who seem to care, but aren't spending the necessary money to fix the problems created by past management. The company culture is terrible. The same managers who nearly ruined the company are still running the show. Some people are making way more than they are worth, others are making nowhere near what they are worth. This is partly the result of years of managers who played favorites.

It may be too late for WorkWear. Years of suggestions for change have been ignored, everything's broken, no one seems to care. If WorkWear is still solvent in 5 years, I'd be very surprised.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Poor management, bad infrastructure, low wages.