Work World

• Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Fun place to work

You get to run the business as if you own it you job is very hands on dealing with trucks every day running cash register setting up planograms seasonal merchandise sets

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Working space

Easy going work environment

Its basic retail. Most customers are friendly and know what they want. Staff is all friendly and easy to get alomg with. Good entry level job while you go to school and figure out whats next

Pros

Occasionally free stuff chill environment

Cons

Retail

They have flexible hours, they have no benefits, they have no security unless you consider the mall security, the management isn’t so bad but not good

As you continue working here, there’s no growth in terms of your profession, the only thing you gain as you gain more experience is hours per week but nothing more plus there’s no benefits.

Typical day at work

Ok job. It would be nice if they offered more raises. Every one here gets paid minimum. The experience is good though. One learns a lot on how to deal with people

World World is great place to work at. The management is great and very helpful. I was going to school while I was working at Work World, my managers were great with my school schedule. They were very flexible with my schedule.

Pros

flexible schedule

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great Boss!

I worked at work world for 6 years and for my manager. She was the best boss I ever had. She taught me everything there was to know about the work enviroment. I learned how to run a store, receive shipment. typical day at work was making sure that shipment was done and customers were taken care of. the most enjoyable part was getting to know my employees and have them become like family to me. Hardest part of the job was some of the customers but we made sure that we helped them the best we could. Would Definitely work for my boss again in Santa Rosa, Ca. The Santa Rosa Ave Location

Pros

rewards for selling certain amount of items

Cons

Working on some of the Holidays

it was great

i loved working here very laid back there was days it was busy but most the time it was very calm you had alot of time to get the store to perfection

Good

Good part-time job. Really good management. Merchandise is easy to sell. A great job to gain experience and confidence in the retail and customer service industries.

Easy going but unprofessional

Its decently slow, definitely a good place to start out in retail and get a hang of things. There isn't any room to move up and you're basically stuck as a sales associate/key holder unless the timing is perfect for you. Too many outside-of-work friends and drama is often.

A day at work

A great company to work for. Employees are hard to come by but I had some great ones. Customer base was good. Alwayse kept busy. Store needs more womens clothing.

Pros

Great employees

Cons

money

A good first job.

This was my first job. I was happy that they gave me a chance when no one else bothered. I liked being able to go into work with a positive vibe. Everyone was easygoing.

amazing management

the management is awesome there is no room to advance or move up in the company. Its hard to be apprieciated when your coworkers are all best friends

in one of the day the manger bought my co-works (including me) hot dogs. That was a good day for me because I didn't have to buy anything while I was on my break. There wasn't any hard part of the job because it was all easy, but it just took long to finish. The store was well cleaned. I was able to make some friends at work and I got to know the manger more and I also got more comfortable with the job.

First job taught me a lot about people

This place introduced me to the work life, to new friends and new experiences at work. It taught me to be patient, organized, and to work at a fast pace. I learned a lot of the different nature of people which made me become less judgmental and more open. I also gained a sense of humility working here and at Subway.

Pros

Discounts on items

Sales job with down time

The store is not what you would call busy and more often than not there would not be any customers or extra work to keep you busy.

Pros

Generous employee discount

keeps you busy and is a fun place to work at

I loved being and intern at work world as soon as you walk in there is always something to do and they will help you as much as you need it

Pros

in lunch time some of the place will give a really good discount

Part time only

Very stressful when you have to be security at you're own job, but I am Great full that I have learned a lot of new things.

Pros

You learn how to do loss prevention, close and open store, you supervise the new employees when manager or assistant manager are not around

Cons

No benefits for part time, unstable schedule, bad pay, no commission

love this place!

This was probably my most random job. I always love retail but this wasn't my typical "girly" store. I still keep in contact with most of the employees who still and do not work here. Everyone was lovable! But I had to move on to bigger and better opportunities.

Pros

the staff

Cons

the ugly hours of retail.. late night shifts, not enough pay, inconsistent hours, slow traffic on weekdays, work on holidays

product knowledge and easy going

Love helping customers. Receiving shipments and product knowledge. New things all the time. I have learned to be a leader and set examples. Co-workers are great. Enjoyable part is conversing with customers, and helping them. Hard part about my job can sometimes be product knowledge getting all the correct information down so that when customers ask you can give them all the right answers to the best of your knowledge.

Pros

Spiffs to win money each month

Cons

No long term goals/ benefits

productive and fun

Work world is a productive job and people are fun to work with.

Long unpredictable hours

Great job with travel, meet a lot of people. great management and co workers. Just long unpredictable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Work World. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3
  • Work World
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?