Workbridge Associates Employee Reviews

great place for part time contract work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
I worked for this company as a contractor and it is very flexible and easy to work for. Would recommend to any friends. Pay was good, schedule was good.
Pretty good place to work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2018
I was contacted by a recruiter there, who had me employed in less than a months time. So i would highly recommend anyone to give them a shot and see what they can do for you.
Placement with out the hassle
IT Specialist - Aramark (Current Employee) –  Aramark HQ - Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
I have worked with many recruiting firms throughout my career and I always go to Workbridge first. They have always been able to land me interviews for great positions. I might not have always gotten the job, but they were determined to place me in a great place. Each time I was placed, they would follow up and ensure I liked it and made sure it was what I expected. They have you meet with all of their recruiters and they give you a sense that they care. They take time to make sure they understand what you are looking for. and not to waste your or companies time. I highly recommend going through Workbridge!
Great position good support
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 22, 2018
Workbridge Associates contacted me about several Senior Dev Ops position they had available. I was a great fit for one and was made an offer. Workbridge helped with everything.
Cons
Benefits package is standard.
Worth The Effort-20's are for the grind
Lead Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2018
I started this job a few years out of college, most of my colleagues doing this fresh out of school. I have been here little over 3 years and have seen the success I was promised in the beginning. This is a place that values those who work hard and love to play hard. I was a bartender before and loved sales, working with people and learning about new things. This job keeps me on my toes and I have learned so many skills that I will use in any position moving forward. I am a professional business woman who can speak to CEO's, negotiate contracts and talk about relevant market knowledge.

The hours can be long, but if you have a hard time managing your time. The expectations are clear and attainable if you have good work ethic and put in the effort.

I have fun at work and enjoy the team aspect. Everyone works together and appreciates each other. We celebrate positives and critique each other so we can improve. This is my kind of place, but might not be for everyone. This isn't somewhere to coast by and take home a pay check each week. This is a place to kick butt and take names.
Pros
Happy hours, team-based training, clear expectations, great money once on comission
Cons
Rigid work day, working with people can be tough-they're people!
Good First Job
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
This is a great place to start a career. Working here will give you the experience to get a job at a more established company while providing you with good benefits and a steady pay check.
Great Learning Environment
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2017
It was a great place to start my career and advance to a management level. It gave me exposure to managing, training, hiring, and promoting entry level sales folks. Lack of career advancement led to me wanting to leave.
Shady/Crooked from the bottom to the top
Consulatant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2017
You primary tasks here are to take as much money away from the consultants and companies they work for. If the consultants aren't working, then we use them for information to steal their interviews and manager information so we can score more deals.

Interestingly enough, many of the people here are young, and they go along with this practice without any question.
Pros
Pay is ok, but not worth selling your soul
Cons
Felt awful at the end of the day, all day was spent ripping people off
Like the company hate the people
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2017
Workbridge wasn't a fun place to work. No trust between management and the rest of team. Many people were untrustworthy and I had to keep to myself a lot. I would probably hire my own HR staff before using them. The pay wasn't bad though and I didn't mind the companies goals and micromanaging. I also got excellent training for my next job.
Learn the Ropes but Horrible turnover
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
You will learn a ton about technology that can get you on the path to pursue a great career in technology which is really lucrative. But, the work life balance is one of the worst that I've ever seen.
Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 5, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for a year and a half, and learned a lot about technical recruiting and account management. Young culture, fast-paced environment.
review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 30, 2016
Boiler room environment with ridiculous training. Micro managed. They watch your every move. You are constantly tested and expected to hit unattainable metrics.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything
Great place to start and enhance your career
Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
This is a cutting edge opportunity where you will be pushed and under pressure, but you will come out learning and honing in on skills you didn't know you needed for the real world. It's a great opportunity but you must be open to constructive criticism.
Pros
grow your skills quickly, great training program and supportive staff
Cons
you might have to work long hours and the beginning pay isn't strong
Great place to learn
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  33 New MontgomeryOctober 11, 2016
Always learning, always improving. This is a great place to find mentorship.

Typical day starts with a team meeting, then straight into networking calls and placing candidates for jobs.
Alot of production and overall good people to work for and with.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2016
It was a good place to work. All of us that worked their helped each other out and respected each other. All of us knew what we needed to get done and we all just did our best to make sure it got done.
It's a grind every day
Recruiter/Account Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Liked the people that worked here for sure. Everyone is always really pleasant to be around. I didn't like the fact that to get additional help it meant that I had to request time to go out and drink with management until 8-8:30. The culture is built pretty heavily around drinking and after work activities which at times can be more exhausting than the actually work you do during the day.
Pros
free happy hour once every two weeks
Cons
no commision for first 20 deals.
Great culture with great management!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2016
I worked at Workbridge Associates for over six months and LOVED it. Although recruiting just was not a god fit for me personally, I gained amazing skills that I will carry with me throughout my career.
Pros
Great management, great work culture
Bait & Switch in DC Workbridge
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2016
It seems like all these staffing companies (Workbridge, Robert Half, TekSystems) don't really have positions to fill as they keep circulating the same positions over and over again on their websites. Here is what happened:

I applied to what sounds like a legitimate IT position and the next day I get a call from a junior recruiter to discuss the opportunity. We go over skills, experiences, requirements, company location and size, salary requirements, and then set a face-to-face meeting with senior recruiters in their DC office. I was expecting an email to confirm meeting, location to discuss the position in more detail and here is what I got:

*****************************
Interview Preparation:

Please email me a copy of:
• Three technical supervisory references.

Additionally:
• A list of any target companies that you would like to pursue.

• A list of companies we should not contact on your behalf. (This list should include the companies where your resume has been submitted and the companies where you have already interviewed.)

Interview Details:
When you get here you and I will sit down for 15-20 minutes, talk about your recent projects and experience in a bit more depth. Then I’ll have you meet with my colleagues on the team here, where I and the team will do our best to answer any questions you might have about specific positions or the market in general. Any of the positions you approve, we’ll submit you to and get started marketing you to our clients.

*****************************

NO Where in the above message states anything about
  more... the position the junior recruiter and I discussed over the phone.....They want me to provide info for them to find jobs I can do myself.  less
Pros
None That I'm Aware Of
Cons
There are no jobs, they copy job descriptions and salary info from other sources
Poor upward mobility
Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
The work day was supposed to be from 8:30-5:30 but several people stayed until way late. I learned how to recruit but management was not helpful. Coworkers were awesome, but that's about the only reason to stay.
Competitive environment with some team bonding events
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
Excellent and detailed training program, but little to no work-life balance and constant micromanaging. My co-workers were all young, some friendly and hardworking people.
Pros
some friendly coworkers; good training
Cons
no work-life balance; strict schedules; micro-management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workbridge Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight