Workday Employee Reviews

Sr. Business Systems Analyst (CW) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 3, 2018
Great place to work. Company is good to its employees, lots of projects - have a great manager. Give you what you need to get your work done, not many meetings - forward looking.
Nice environs, poor processes
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2018
The good part is that your internal customer will really appreciate what you do if you turn things around quickly. Also, the compensation is on the high side and the building is nice tho the parking is tight. you will have to frequently park across in the mall parking lot.

The bad part is that there are too many managers and directors and VPs who don't do a thing for you. It's not that they micromanage. They just don't care what you do as long as nothing breaks and there are no escalations.

if you see something risky or inefficient and need a process change, good luck getting any attention. They're too busy networking incestuously with each other.

The politics is above average. They do care about your performance and coding skills but you need equally strong "suck up" skills.

Do you know how to flatter the egos of mostly irrelevant managers and directors as well as you know how to code? If so you'll do fine here.
Pros
Appreciative internal customers
Cons
nepotism and politics
Great Company - Terrible Manager
Operations Analyst Contract Administration (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 25, 2018
Workday was a great company, but unfortunately my Manager was a bully and I chose not to work under these conditions. I also worked on legal contracts and I could end up working 14-15 hours a day during quarter ends, but expectations were to work as much as needed on a daily basis, which probably averaged about 11 hours per day.
Great Company with great benifits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 12, 2018
Workday is a great company i've been with them for 3 years now never really had a major issue with the way the company treat it's emplyees, i would highly recommend joining the company
Quality Assurance Engineer / QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 10, 2018
I love working here, its great. Good compensation, great work life balance, stocks, good snacks, bagels, drinks, unlimited PTO, and career growth opportunities. On site gym and cafeteria but wish the food was free.
Workplace Culture
Associate Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2018
Workday is full of friendly, motivated fun-loving individuals who work hard and play hard. The company is driven by its core values and those values show in day to day operations.
HR isn't a great place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 3, 2018
Had a lot of autonomy but lacked truthful conversations. There are some wonderful people who work there and the collaboration between teams was solid.
Marketing
Digital and Social Media Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2018
Workday was a great company. Met a lot of smart, and fun people to work with. Great flexible schedule, was able to work from home when needed. Friendly office environment.
Workday Finance SLC has potential
Senior Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84111September 10, 2018
Currently the finance department is micro managed, and veers far from the standard Workday Culture. The culture found in Pleasanton (headquaters) is 180 Degrees different, and in a good way. There is favoritism, little room for change/growth, and many promotions come from outside the company.
Fun culture. Smart people.
Software Application Engineer (Payroll) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take breaks to play ping pong or billiards in the game rooms. The culture is fun, fun, fun. Smart people. Fast paced.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 24, 2018
Workday is the spot to work if you are an undergrad or a new graduate. They really take care of their employees and are always willing to help others from different organizations on a variety of subjects.
productive workplace with great snacks!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 15, 2018
I enjoy working at this company. The snack program is great and the facilities are wonderful. Commuting from home to Pleasanton can be challenging at times.
Great Place to work, but not enough opportunities for experienced hires
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
I love working here, but unfortunately I do not see too many opportunities for experienced hires. It is a great company for millennials, and workers that are early in their career.
Good culture, Proprietary language may make for lack of advancement
Associate Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 10, 2018
I really enjoyed interning at workday. My team was collaborative and I felt like everyone was valued. We where fairly compensated, however the proprietary application development language makes it easy to feel trapped into staying in a single role and you have to work extra hard to keep skills sharp and remain versitile
As a company they are good.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 24, 2018
There is not a lot of room for creativity on the project I work on. Most of the decisions are made by the PM and dev team in Pleasanton CA and the results are just consumed by other teams.
Poor leadership
Talent Business Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 16, 2018
Perhaps it was just the team that I worked with, but the management gave little to no guidance or feedback. Teams felt like we were siloed and didn't work well together. Cut-throat meetings. As a contract worker we were not able to participate in certain activities or events so it made for a sense of separation from the team I worked with.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Separation from full time employees
Good life balance, good for a family person but not for someone young
Software Development Engineer, DataServices (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 5, 2018
While Workday provided excellent benefits for someone who has a family, it is pretty stagnant if your younger and single.

Moving up is pretty slow in my organization. And there isn't really much room to move.

The headquarters are far away from anything so unless your looking to settle down I wouldn't really recommend moving close to HQ.

Also you won't learn much here since most of the technology is proprietary and doesn't really extend outside of Workday.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
bad location, slow advancement, proprietary development
Good vibes and free food
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 4, 2018
Had a great time working for Workday! It’s a great company if you drink the Kool-Aid and believe what they’re selling. For the most part, I enjoyed the challenges of my undefined position but what I mostly enjoyed was collaborating on projects with my co-workers (peers and managers). However, I disliked people in higher positions such as VPs and SVPs. Not all of them but the ones that I worked for or came in contact with were off-putting. They acted like they’re these “above everyone else” celebrities. Ugh, give me a break! That’s not leadership!
Pros
Free food, great peers
Cons
VPs and SVPs
Productive and Fun place to work
Workplace Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
As Workday continues to grow, it is a force to be reckoned with. I have enjoyed my 1.5 years here more than I ever thought I would fresh out of college. At Workday I have been able to work on all kinds of projects and become a voice that is heard, no matter how young or inexperienced I am. I would recommend Workday to any of my friends or family, there is a reason why it's always globally recognized as a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, great culture, endless snacks, wonderful coworkers, open management.
Cons
Lack of transparency as the company grows.
Great Culture that encourages fresh thinking and ways of working
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinMarch 18, 2018
Great collaborative culture centered on employee engagement to deliver innovative products to customers. Super smart people that come together to build great products.
Pros
Snack Program and solid company benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workday. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss