Workforce Opportunity Services Employee Reviews

Vet transition group
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 22, 2019
We were continuously kept in the dark on many things, not all in part to WOS. But, the company they were partnering with. Told we would be mentors and managers who would help guide us to hone our skills and were ensured we would get hired if we did what we were told. I had been bounced around between different 'mentors" and left in the dark many times. The big push was for us to get hired and play the game. We did not have a good feeling about the company we were working for as contractors. the tuition reimbursement, free medical, and certifications they pay for are nice. I do not plan on accepting a job offer at the company WOS partnered with for more reasons than described above. that is if we get offered jobs, many signs point towards us not getting job offers.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, free medical, and certifications paid for
Cons
Treated like Children, cared only about their image
January 24, 2019

At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 3 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!

Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2019
WOS with Prudential is stressful and completive, they don't give feed back. Bad Job Culture. bad trainers, they stress you for no reason. I think training is a waste of time it was like getting paid to interview for a week
Pros
Free pay in training with WOS
Cons
competitive
January 22, 2019

At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 1 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!

Great Company
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work for WOS. I think they do a great job with giving veterans and underserviced youth with amazing career opportunities.
Good opportunity for prior military veterans
Information Systems Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2018
Staffing company for Veterans that are trying to get involved in Corporate America. Job placement is questionable with companies until probation ends.
Pros
Academic learning
Cons
No job is promised
August 22, 2018

Hot cocoa and a pool table
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2018
I was not employed long enough to give a fair assessment, this is an opportunity that is personality dependent and unfortunately did not parallel my characteristics.
August 2, 2018

Workforce Opportunity Services thanks you for your favorable review. It is important to us that your experience with our organization is a positive one. If there is anything we can do to better that experience, please let us know by emailing us at info@wforce.org. Thank you!

Intersting
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
We helped a host of lives get back on track. We were dedicated to the consultants and they were more then grateful. I only wish we were treated as well as we treated those we served.
August 2, 2018

Nice to place to start a changing carer
Java Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2017
This company has helped me with the growth of my career. However, they require you yo work 40-50 hours a week with little pay, and not much sympathy for anything outside of work. When there is a sudden life change or event, they will make you feel bad for missing work.
Pros
Great boot camp style learning
Cons
No sympathy for life events, time off, or mental illnesses. They promise help along the way, but there is no one to mentor or guide you like stated.

Veteran Cohort
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2017
Management and training from WOS was top notch. Provided valuable opportunities to veterans to get into positions with companies that might not normally look at the veteran. It was competitive program but if you worked hard and showed interest they gave you all the tools to succeed. The manager worked with the veteran until the company hired the veteran.
Pros
Provides free training, Paid training, helps you get your foot in the door.
Cons
Time lines for hiring aren't all ways a clear.
August 2, 2018

Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The job is pretty decent but the pay really suck. There is not really a career advancement in this job.This job is very stressful however I love working with the pulic.
August 2, 2018

At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 2 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!

They are pretty nice
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2017
It's hard at first, but trust me it's worth it in the end. And you learn a lot of transferrable skills. The managers that you work with really care and they want to see you succeed.

Veteran Program
Associate Client Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 18, 2017
This is a veteran program that trains you and place you with a particular company. The company actually provides hands on training prior to transitioning out of the program.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Rewarding and challenging.
Resource Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  DalladJune 19, 2017
Rewarding and challenging work environment. Constantly busy and
thinking of creative ways to assist clients. I especially enjoyed assisting clients make e-mails for themselves and develop their resumes, job search and applying for jobs. I always tried to be encouraging as many unemployed individual sometime become disappointed during their job search. Most rewarding when a client
gained employment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no real breaks
August 2, 2018

Rewarding career opportunity to mentor veterans and military spouses
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2017
it is nice to give back and be part of something much larger than myself in a values based organization. Working for a non profit charity is an amazing experience and I've been fortunate to meet the CIO and CFO of a Fortune 50 corporation as well as very senior executives at the Director and VP Level.

Unprofessional, not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Main reason I took the job was because it paid for school. Mentor flat out refused to give further instruction regarding paying for tuition, unprofessional work environment, supervisors found any reason to dock your pay. Offered little to no flexibility with balancing school and work. If you have a good mentor assigned to you, view this job as a stepping stone to get to where you need to be, and get out of there fast.
Pros
Offers to pay for school
Cons
Unprofessional, sketchy mentors

Great Place to work
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
WOS is a great company to work for. provided resources to make me successful. culture is set up to make everyone successful. Enjoyed going to work every day.
August 2, 2018

Mission of WOS is a noble.
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
For the amount of personal time you invest in your veteran consultants success in securing full time employment, you are held responsible for all issues good and bad and WOS will hold the bad issues against you. In my opinion the company needs to stop being reactive to situations and more proactive. They are a young non-profit but have more to learn on how a true non-profit organization is run. It is a good place to get client service experience and help veterans and young adults get acclimated back into the corporate environment.
Pros
Company paid single insurance.
Cons
10 accrued days for vacation, sick, and personal time. Lack of leadership.

Try to Avoid if Possible
Customer Service Representative/Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 3, 2017
You work very long hours for very little pay, if you do well your co workers will try to undermine you for anything they can. The atmosphere and culture here are not very good. You are promised things by management that never materialize.

Great for job advancement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 19, 2016
They really do what they can to help you advance your career by starting you as a consultant and then getting your foot in the door to the job you want. The benefits are not that great but I think the fact that they get your foot in the door to a career will outweigh that con. It can be annoying with their policies regarding the company your consulting with and the manager they assign to you but overall it is a great company to get started with.
Pros
Get your foot in the door to a career
Benefits

Was a consultant with J.Crew and WOS was my agency
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
The best part of WOS is they have a Manager assigned to you to guide you, advice you, help you adapt to the work you are assigned to. You would start as a consultant with the intention to be hired if the company likes you or if at the time your 6 months expire have the money to hire you and pay you the wages you really deserve. At the beginning you get paid not bad but not great either. It is a great place for entry level to gain experience and move up the latter.
July 31, 2018

unorganized with no job security
Sr Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
WOS does a great thing by placing veterans in the workforce, but they are unorganized and their is not job security.
No training
bad management
no true leadership
August 2, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workforce Opportunity Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Workforce Opportunity Services Reviews by Location