Workforce Opportunity Services

Workforce Opportunity Services Employee Reviews

United States31 reviews
It was stressful a lot of workout it’s based on criminal justice well you learn a a lot about it for the summer I wasn’t really interested it but helps you if you was in a fire department,police department they teach you like a lot things there
Loved this place! The work environment had a good vibe when you walk through the entrance. Although it’s only temporary employment they make it worthwhile to be a part of the environment. If given the chance to go back I certainly would because there I know my importance of helping others as well as working along great people.
If you wanna be on call at 4am making 18 an hour this is the job for you. Bad pay and no room for advancement they will give you fake promises don't fall for it.
Getting information from this company was more difficult than the job itself. The manager they put in charge of our contract only cared about his self growth and would micromanage tasks that he didn't understand the purpose of no matter how many times it was explained to him by both his staff and the customer requested. No matter how many times we brought the issues up to senior management with the onsite managers disrespect for both employees and the clients they ignored the issue and at times made the issue worse by blaming it on the client
nice flexible work schedule. management doesnt care about the employees. salary does not reflect the proper pay. great company to work for according to forbes.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
If you love helping people this is the place. If you don't want to make a lot of money this is not the job for you.

It's located in a convenient area.
Pros
helping people
Cons
pay
June 10, 2019
At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 2 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!
The WOS mission is great; servicing underserved members of society to successful careers with Fortune 500 companies. The management however is very weak, and work/life balance has a lot of challenges for the managers who do HR work with onboarding vs. having the HR folks do it, and are held accountable at times for people leaving the program which is unfortunate. The also have no progression for promotions and even if you generate a lot of additional revenue, you're likely to receive nothing for it. They will also let you go if the program has a lapse, and then just hire someone else in the future. (El Paso, Nashville, Chicago i.e.).
Pros
helping others
Cons
too many to mention
June 10, 2019
At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 3 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!
Work to get veterans with companies looking for veterans. They provided training to meet the needs of the company requesting veteran employees. They spend a year working with you to get hired with the company. Consider it a one-year paid internship.
February 4, 2019
Workforce Opportunity Services thanks you for your favorable review. It is important to us that your experience with our organization is a positive one. If there is anything we can do to better that experience, please let us know by emailing us at info@wforce.org. Thank you!
We were continuously kept in the dark on many things, not all in part to WOS. But, the company they were partnering with. Told we would be mentors and managers who would help guide us to hone our skills and were ensured we would get hired if we did what we were told. I had been bounced around between different 'mentors" and left in the dark many times. The big push was for us to get hired and play the game. We did not have a good feeling about the company we were working for as contractors. the tuition reimbursement, free medical, and certifications they pay for are nice. I do not plan on accepting a job offer at the company WOS partnered with for more reasons than described above. that is if we get offered jobs, many signs point towards us not getting job offers.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, free medical, and certifications paid for
Cons
Treated like Children, cared only about their image
January 24, 2019
WOS with Prudential is stressful and completive, they don't give feed back. Bad Job Culture. bad trainers, they stress you for no reason. I think training is a waste of time it was like getting paid to interview for a week
Pros
Free pay in training with WOS
Cons
competitive
January 22, 2019
At Workforce Opportunity Services, we are committed to making your experience with us a positive one. We are sorry to see you rated us 1 stars; please email us at info@wforce.org if there is anything we can do to better your experience. Thank you!
I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work for WOS. I think they do a great job with giving veterans and underserviced youth with amazing career opportunities.
June 10, 2019
Staffing company for Veterans that are trying to get involved in Corporate America. Job placement is questionable with companies until probation ends.
Pros
Academic learning
Cons
No job is promised
August 22, 2018
We helped a host of lives get back on track. We were dedicated to the consultants and they were more then grateful. I only wish we were treated as well as we treated those we served.
August 2, 2018
This company has helped me with the growth of my career. However, they require you yo work 40-50 hours a week with little pay, and not much sympathy for anything outside of work. When there is a sudden life change or event, they will make you feel bad for missing work.
Pros
Great boot camp style learning
Cons
No sympathy for life events, time off, or mental illnesses. They promise help along the way, but there is no one to mentor or guide you like stated.
August 2, 2018
Management and training from WOS was top notch. Provided valuable opportunities to veterans to get into positions with companies that might not normally look at the veteran. It was competitive program but if you worked hard and showed interest they gave you all the tools to succeed. The manager worked with the veteran until the company hired the veteran.
Pros
Provides free training, Paid training, helps you get your foot in the door.
Cons
Time lines for hiring aren't all ways a clear.
August 2, 2018
The job is pretty decent but the pay really suck. There is not really a career advancement in this job.This job is very stressful however I love working with the pulic.
August 2, 2018
It's hard at first, but trust me it's worth it in the end. And you learn a lot of transferrable skills. The managers that you work with really care and they want to see you succeed.
August 2, 2018
This is a veteran program that trains you and place you with a particular company. The company actually provides hands on training prior to transitioning out of the program.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
June 10, 2019
Rewarding and challenging work environment. Constantly busy and
thinking of creative ways to assist clients. I especially enjoyed assisting clients make e-mails for themselves and develop their resumes, job search and applying for jobs. I always tried to be encouraging as many unemployed individual sometime become disappointed during their job search. Most rewarding when a client

gained employment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no real breaks
August 2, 2018
it is nice to give back and be part of something much larger than myself in a values based organization. Working for a non profit charity is an amazing experience and I've been fortunate to meet the CIO and CFO of a Fortune 50 corporation as well as very senior executives at the Director and VP Level.
August 2, 2018
Main reason I took the job was because it paid for school. Mentor flat out refused to give further instruction regarding paying for tuition, unprofessional work environment, supervisors found any reason to dock your pay. Offered little to no flexibility with balancing school and work. If you have a good mentor assigned to you, view this job as a stepping stone to get to where you need to be, and get out of there fast.
Pros
Offers to pay for school
Cons
Unprofessional, sketchy mentors
August 2, 2018
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workforce Opportunity Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8