Workforce Opportunity Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hot cocoa and a pool table
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2018
I was not employed long enough to give a fair assessment, this is an opportunity that is personality dependent and unfortunately did not parallel my characteristics.
Intersting
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
We helped a host of lives get back on track. We were dedicated to the consultants and they were more then grateful. I only wish we were treated as well as we treated those we served.
Was done
Special cleaning (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2017
Okay it's a good pretty good company it's just bad leadership they got wrong people's in the wrong spot it's a lot of favoritism people have family kids bills the company just it ain't right is right but it ain't right because the to be running something you going to do it do it right do it equal with everybody be happy that's all I have to say
Nice to place to start a changing carer
Java Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2017
This company has helped me with the growth of my career. However, they require you yo work 40-50 hours a week with little pay, and not much sympathy for anything outside of work. When there is a sudden life change or event, they will make you feel bad for missing work.
Pros
Great boot camp style learning
Cons
No sympathy for life events, time off, or mental illnesses. They promise help along the way, but there is no one to mentor or guide you like stated.
helpful and professional
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethville, PANovember 13, 2017
willing to assist in a job as long as you are willing to work. Easy to follow directions. management works with you, no one is discriminated upon. help out co-workers
Pros
many jobs to choose from
Cons
some jobs better then others
Veteran Cohort
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2017
Management and training from WOS was top notch. Provided valuable opportunities to veterans to get into positions with companies that might not normally look at the veteran. It was competitive program but if you worked hard and showed interest they gave you all the tools to succeed. The manager worked with the veteran until the company hired the veteran.
Pros
Provides free training, Paid training, helps you get your foot in the door.
Cons
Time lines for hiring aren't all ways a clear.
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The job is pretty decent but the pay really suck. There is not really a career advancement in this job.This job is very stressful however I love working with the pulic.
They are pretty nice
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2017
It's hard at first, but trust me it's worth it in the end. And you learn a lot of transferrable skills. The managers that you work with really care and they want to see you succeed.
Great Temp Service
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 22, 2017
I learned that children look up to many people. The hardest part of this job, it trying to quiet a little argument. The most enjoyable part of this job was the children, and how energized they would be.
Rewarding and challenging.
Resource Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  DalladJune 19, 2017
Rewarding and challenging work environment. Constantly busy and
thinking of creative ways to assist clients. I especially enjoyed assisting clients make e-mails for themselves and develop their resumes, job search and applying for jobs. I always tried to be encouraging as many unemployed individual sometime become disappointed during their job search. Most rewarding when a client
gained employment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no real breaks
Rewarding career opportunity to mentor veterans and military spouses
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2017
it is nice to give back and be part of something much larger than myself in a values based organization. Working for a non profit charity is an amazing experience and I've been fortunate to meet the CIO and CFO of a Fortune 50 corporation as well as very senior executives at the Director and VP Level.
Unprofessional, not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Main reason I took the job was because it paid for school. Mentor flat out refused to give further instruction regarding paying for tuition, unprofessional work environment, supervisors found any reason to dock your pay. Offered little to no flexibility with balancing school and work. If you have a good mentor assigned to you, view this job as a stepping stone to get to where you need to be, and get out of there fast.
Pros
Offers to pay for school
Cons
Unprofessional, sketchy mentors
Great Place to work
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
WOS is a great company to work for. provided resources to make me successful. culture is set up to make everyone successful. Enjoyed going to work every day.
Warehouse
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 2, 2017
Busy but laid back was a typical workday
I learned the logistics reports
The management is excellent
Workplace is warm
The hardest part was leaving
Going is the most enjoyable part of it
Pros
Local and friendily
Mission of WOS is a noble.
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
For the amount of personal time you invest in your veteran consultants success in securing full time employment, you are held responsible for all issues good and bad and WOS will hold the bad issues against you. In my opinion the company needs to stop being reactive to situations and more proactive. They are a young non-profit but have more to learn on how a true non-profit organization is run. It is a good place to get client service experience and help veterans and young adults get acclimated back into the corporate environment.
Pros
Company paid single insurance.
Cons
10 accrued days for vacation, sick, and personal time. Lack of leadership.
Try to Avoid if Possible
Customer Service Representative/Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 3, 2017
You work very long hours for very little pay, if you do well your co workers will try to undermine you for anything they can. The atmosphere and culture here are not very good. You are promised things by management that never materialize.
temp service
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCDecember 30, 2016
they help you find jobs in ur area and place you where your background most fits , they actually take the time to sit down with you and find ur strong points
Pros
make money and new jobs
Cons
its a temp place
customer service, computers,
intern (Former Employee) –  midvale,utDecember 27, 2016
worked 9-5 helped customers fax their resumes, work on computers job searching , put together the paperwork the workers handed out to clients , cleaned and stocked . It was fun , I liked the roomaid and enjoyed my time there
Great place to upgrade your education looking for different job
Bus Driver Training (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 29, 2016
Workforce was an great education company to learn more computer skills update your resume and how to do it right.The staff at workforce was very helpful training classes and helping you find another job even had use of free computors and printing resume etc.
Pros
Very Helpful
Great for job advancement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 19, 2016
They really do what they can to help you advance your career by starting you as a consultant and then getting your foot in the door to the job you want. The benefits are not that great but I think the fact that they get your foot in the door to a career will outweigh that con. It can be annoying with their policies regarding the company your consulting with and the manager they assign to you but overall it is a great company to get started with.
Pros
Get your foot in the door to a career
Benefits