World Duty Free Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
Its very unorganized and do not have enough employees they illegally terminated employees with no explanation and it a lot of illegal things going on.
Organized
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Organized location; Persons adhere to tight schedule keeping things in order; Location is close to all restaurants during lunch; co workers are cooeperative.
Very challenging environment to work in
RETAIL OPERATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2018
This company has gone through many changes in the past two years. It has been a change over in the parent company which has affected the managerial structure. There are constant changes was not much information or concrete updates. Managers are changed about every 6 to 8 months. Very difficult to work with HR to get issues resolved in a timely manner.
Pros
Working at the number one airport in the world
Cons
How to work extremely early hours and stay late
exciting cashier position
Specialty Cashier (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 20, 2018
working at world duty free group was fun. They would assign me to different stores when needed. The position was at the airport and I got the opportunity to see famous people as well as all different type of people. I loved my shift. As well as my coworkers
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2018
it was awesome experience work in wold duty free group in dallas forth airport as cashier. i found very helpful coworker in world duty free group. the manager also very helpful in this store.
Relaxed and not so stressful work
Sales Associate/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at work is not stressful, Just have to tend the cashier and be alert. Always make sure that the products are stocked and no empty spaces inside the store.
Pros
one free water per shift
Cons
short breaks
good, fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2018
You main objective is making sure the the customers have everything they are looking for and want. Making sure that the store you are in clean and stocked. You are responsible for the cash in your register.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, no over time
workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 19, 2017
My Typical day with my company was fast- paced. They were located within the oakland airport so you were constantly moving. I've learned with this company that you always need to be attentive and alert. the most enjoyable part about this job was to socialize with people.
Pros
people, discounts
Cons
no overtime
An okay place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MI 48174December 12, 2017
It was an okay place to work. the overtime was a plus, it was just poorly managed, and things were constantly changing, the break room, and office was on the other side of the office, and that's where our personal belongings were to be kept.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Managment
Good people, trash management, good pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXDecember 10, 2017
A strong lower management and sweet people is plagued by horrific upper management. However the company worked well on the local level and even became a bunch of close friends even if the upper management frequently ruined the lives of it's workers. It would fire people for minor offenses and tolerate major ones.
Pros
Discounts, decent pay, good people
Cons
Short breaks, terrible upper management.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2017
First I arrive in the store, (these are retail stores) open the store, count money, look up the stores: about the maintain the appearance, friendly sales technique to up-sell product specials and complementary items.Exceed customer expectations by locating hard to find the items.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short break 15 minutes two times, health insurance etc
Stressful work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
The amount of work they require doesn't add up to the amount of salary they give you. They cut hours and demand more productivity within an given time frame
Productive and Relaxing
Airport Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
A typical day at work is great! You can come in and greet your employees and talk about each others day .The best part about working there you learn a lot about enhancing each other customer service skills! We meet all different types of people with all kinds of backgrounds and different states which i love .The only thing that can be difficult at times is making sure are product is not torn or damage so we can meet our sale goals .
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Poorly staffed
Supervisor/Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 4, 2017
significantly understaffed at all times, management never took responsibility for their screw ups. No other things to say, overall just a bad place to work
not the job for me
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
my mom has been working at this company 10+ years so i figured they would offer me the same opportunities they offered her . management sucked . ahowed favoritism and made it known that all that was important was the money . .
Pros
nice check
Cons
inconsistent managers
fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80249August 27, 2017
Enjoyable experience, loved working with the public/customers, having their vacation time and see them very happy to come into our beautiful store to purchase items.
Working at World Duty
customer service (Former Employee) –  Concourse FAugust 13, 2017
The company has gone through some changes with new ownership to Hudson. The job is a stable one. The only negative with them is there is not much work/life balance.
Pros
Steady work environment
Cons
Work / life balance is not very good
World Duty Free
Retail Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2017
•Organizing and cleaning the sales floor to maintain a neat and attractive appearance
•Greeting shoppers and assessing their needs, showing merchandise and explaining features, and benefits
•Sharing information on sales, promotions, payment options, and exchange policies with customers
•Completing the sale of merchandise to incoming customerss
Pros
Great climate, paid good, & good benefits
fun work place
Senior Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Good life - work balance, nice people,flexible stricture.The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with vendors.Nice place to learn,contribute and grow.
Very fun place
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
I learned my way around the airport because of this job. I walked Atleast 3-7 miles a day. Helped me stay in some what of shape. I've done everything from Overnight stocking to Replenishing
Cons
Paying for parking