World Finance Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

CSR (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJune 16, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work at. The atmosphere is great. There is plenty of room to grow and they encourage it. Wonderful training. Very helpful.
Pros
Mainly weekdays, no intense labor
Cons
Collection calls
Fun place to work
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Homer, LAMay 31, 2019
I really enjoyed working here, the work wasn't hard. I absolutley loved my co-worker.I learned something new everyday. It was always a pleasure to make my customers happy.
Pros
room for advancement
June 10, 2019

Always good to hear how you are impacting our customers on a day to day basis. Thank you so much for all that you have done!

It's okay
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 10, 2019
It's an okay place to start at to get your feet into the door with the finance world. Some management is wishy washy, it really just depends on who you get as a manager.
Great place to work!
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL 35401April 8, 2019
I worked at the world finance in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and I loved the manager there! We always worked as a team and the hours was not the best but that's life. I wished I never left that job thinking I had a better job opportunity. I would definitely recommend working here the bonus checks was awesome!
Pros
Fun and fast paced
Great
Branch service representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2019
World finance allows people to get loans who does not have good credit they also help build the credit when you are paying the loan back on time he gives you stability again for a good credit score
The manager and Supervisor
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 25, 2019
Manager was a slow dumb hillbilly. She knew nothing about what she was doing. She felt so threatened by another employee so she would try and sabotage her. Supervisor was a small jerk with a big head. Let me just say be prepared for favoritism.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Manager and Supervisor
Wouldn’t recommend...
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 14, 2019
I did not enjoy this job. I’ve worked some pretty miserable jobs, but this one undoubtedly takes the cake. My manager viewed her management position as open range to do whatever she pleased. However, management is just the opposite. We had zero work ethic in common. She would be gone for several hours on her lunch break, literally coming and going as she felt necessary. I felt as though I carried the office by myself because even when she was there, I’m not sure what she was being paid to do. I wish I were being dramatic. I was trained inconsistently and had no previous experience in collections, so I basically taught myself with minor help. I could go on and on. The benefits were wonderful, but the compensation is low for the work load expected. My starting pay was inconsistent with the sum I originally applied for upon being hired. Raises are mentioned in the job offer letter, but that’s if you can complete the ridiculous training they expect you to complete, which is absolutely not possible when you are short staffed. Most of the customers are insanely rude and have zero patience in the loan process, they literally believe it can be done at the snap of your finger. That’s probably the most tedious part of the job, if we aren’t including phone file. I didn’t enjoy harassing people at all. The DM wasn’t horrible although I felt frantic when she was around. She was unaware of the management issues I was experiencing and of the way our office worked in general. I was originally told 9-6 Monday through Friday, some Saturdays. Then tax time came and the hours were extended.  more... I looked past it because it was understandable although I did bring it up to the manager. She chuckled and said “yeah, that’s how they hook ya!” I said yeah, and that’s how people quit also. Once hours went back to normal, she then tells me per company policy a person would have to stay late each week. Had I not left, I would’ve eventually been fired because I wasn’t staying late. It was more time than I was willing to put into that place. The hours are just insanely inconsistent; they want you to have no family or life outside of the job. All in all, I wouldn’t recommend. If anything, maybe a temporary job.  less
Pros
Some free lunches, benefits
Cons
Inconsistent hours, management
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2019
This is a fun workplace environment. While working there you get to really know your customers. You get a good sense of satisfaction of really helping the customers.
Pros
discount on taxes
Cons
you have to work some Saturdays
Stressful
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 18, 2019
It's a tough business. If you're not being cursed out by rude and braindead customers, your supervisor and upper management are at your throat. They don't pay overtime and you're expected to work off the clock. Most people higher up have never worked a day in their lives in a branch so they set unrealistic goals that MUST be met. You have to make hundreds of collection calls a day to people who usually don't even pick up the phone, and if they do, most of the time they'll just keep telling you they'll pay it the next day, then the next day, etc. until they charge off which looks bad on you. You're responsible for customers paying back their loans, even when they can't afford to. The software you use is confusing and difficult to learn; it's a blue screen with a bunch of combinations of words and numbers which is extremely tiring to look at all day. Hours are terrible and you have to work some Saturdays by yourself. World prides itself on being available all the time for customers who need financial assistance, meaning you have no life outside of work. They're open on most holidays (for example, we only got Christmas Eve and Day off while every other similar profession got at least a few more days, if not a whole week). During tax season there are a few weeks when you're open an extra hour every day, including Saturdays that are open an extra three hours. Managers are salaried so they can leave whenever they want and take longer lunch breaks if they want to, then get mad at you for not finishing the massive amount of work required every day. They say they want to work as a team,  more... yet they'll be scrolling on Facebook and gossiping with other managers over the phone while you're left with doing everything. When the auditor comes around, be prepared for an awful day. He/She will deduct points for the most idiotic things; I've heard horror stories of them taking out tape measures and measuring how high off the ground the posters are. Yes, there's a policy surrounding that. Many of their policies go against my morals, such as harassing former borrowers to reopen and references for customers who aren't paying back. The work I put in never feels appreciated and they tend to focus more on what you're not doing than what you are doing.

Giving credit where credit's due, my manager is alright. She's hard on me but that's only because she wants us to earn a bonus every month and to avoid getting yelled at by upper management. I feel like she has my back most of the time, especially when people higher up don't. I've worked under a couple different managers, and she's by far my favorite (others had their boy/girlfriends hanging out in the office every day, ridiculing me for my political and/or religious beliefs, questioning everyone's sexuality, and hiding in the back to avoid work). The company paid for our branch to go out to eat during December and supervisors sometimes pay for lunch if they're friends with the managers. Benefits are also not bad.

All that being said, the negatives heavily outweigh the positives. If you're looking for a temporary and/or starter job, I'd say maybe give it a shot if you have (or want) a backbone because it can be brutal. I leave from work exhausted every day and have little to no time to myself. I've gotten some good experience with credit analysis and taxes but dealing with rude customers on a daily basis and people higher up who don't listen to a word you say has made me start looking for another job.
Pros
Free lunches if the supervisor is friends with your manager, free dinner around the holidays, few good managers, benefits
Cons
Rude customers, awful and long hours, relocating, sketchy and unethical policies, managers making you do their work for them, working holidays and weekends, unrealistic goals
February 27, 2019

We are sorry to hear your experience has been different from what we strive our culture to be and commend you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We want you to know your voice is always heard as our team appreciates the feedback we get from you. Our Human Resource Specialists are available for any concerns you have and we highly encourage you to reach out to our team concerning working off the clock and regarding other associates behavior/unethical practices as we will not be able to address these issues if it's unknown to us. We hope you will consider speaking to one of our Human Resources team members and know that we are here for you!

Fun workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alma, GADecember 21, 2018
My former coworkers were a great group! We always had fun but got the job done! I enjoyed getting to meet all the new people who walked in the doors! It was a great experience
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to build a great culture for our associates and are glad to hear you were able to experience just that!

CSR (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LADecember 2, 2018
Good place to work but the management could use a little help. Good hours. Good pay. Laid back and comfortable. It was a good job but I was forced to leave because of my manager. When I reached out for help from upper management, I didn't get a resolve.
Pros
Good hours
Growing daily
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TNNovember 7, 2018
Constantly changing on a day to day basis. Good place if you don't have children. Easy to get along with your coworkers and you make the best of it on a daily.
Great place to work, Friendly managers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 31, 2018
I loved working for this company, I just needed something with higher pay, The management was great and i enjoyed working with my customers, They made it fun to come to work, I was moved around to a couple different locations as the company was expanding at that was ok, for a certain time period
Pros
Managment
Cons
Salary
CSR to Collections
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 29, 2018
As CRS it was back to back work that didn't even leave time for breaks
As Collections I work both collections via phone calls and outside collections
Enhanced my customer service and my debt collection skills

First two managers I had were great, supportive and kind
Last manager was high stung and unpredictable
Hardest part was the long hours with breaks
Interactions with customers and staff members were the most enjoyable part of the job
benefits
Cons
short to no breaks
Great Learning Experience
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 19, 2018
Nice Place to work. you get a chance to build relations ships with customers and meet a lot of community figures. I learned a lot form management and had a great trainer when i first started,
Good place to work if you don’t have kids
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2018
It’s a good place to work I’d you don’t have kids because it takes a lot of your time from home buts it’s a good place to learn taxes and more things that can get you far in your life at a point
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
Not really flexible with hours if your needing time for emergency or anything
Great Workplace
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALSeptember 29, 2018
Wonderful management and good customers. They provide wonderful health benefits and flexible hours if need be. They also allow sick and vacation days once employeed by the company a certain amount of time
Fun work environment
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I love what I do there, love the people I work with. I hope in the future they sort out a higher minimum pay rate for the employees of the company to continue satisfaction of employees.
Pros
Interacting with customers on a daily basis
Cons
Hourly pay
Easy to get the hang of and great manager
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Loved the environment and my manager taught me everything very well. Although I wish I could grow more in this company, I have to do what’s best for my financial life. I appreciate everything that I learned because it will help me in the long run.
Was ready for something different
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 11, 2018
Worked at this job for nearly 2 years and was ready for something different. I did enjoy learning about the financing industry and the tax training. My supervisor and other coworkers were great and enjoyed working with most of them. However, my manager was completely unprofessional, from not wanting to do someone’s application to screwing up customer payments. Customers could complain about my manager and not one write up/disciplinary action would occur. Too many mistakes were being made and overall it’s just not worth it to stick around when you’re constantly having to fix your managers’ mistakes aside from trying meet standards in order to bonus. The workload can definitely be stressful and it certainly does get very tiring to do the same collection calls to those you know are not going to make a payment.
Pros
Great people to work with overall, enjoyed interacting with customers
Cons
Poor management, compensation too low for the amount of work they want you to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Finance. Our community is ready to answer.