World Finance Employee Reviews for Manager

More pressure as a manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALDecember 10, 2018
Make sure office is meeting company standards at all time.
Taxes are very important but doesn't get as much recognition.
Great customer service and very helpful
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Collecrions
Official response from World Finance
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! While we currently have a bonus incentive for our tax season, we will certainly look for other avenues to recognize our associates' accomplishments specifically related to taxes and appreciate you sharing your views.

Manage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 7, 2018
Typical day was doing customer loans and interacting with customers. Consistently plan on how we could improve office procedure. We would continue to build good rapport with customers so they would continue to come back for their loan needs.
Very stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXAugust 6, 2018
I did not like working there at all. The company was good it was just the type of work I had to do. I was responsible for making small loans and trying to collect those loans. It was very stressful.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
To much stress
Fast-Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atoka, OKMarch 23, 2018
N/A, I no longer work for World Finance, so I cannot speak about what the company is like currently. It was a good company to work for, and I appreciate the opportunity they had given me.
loved customer service day it was alot of fun giving prizes to everyone and every customer got one
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 16, 2018
I had two Asst Managers that took applications for loans and then they would give them to me the Manager and I would decided what size loan if any that their income would allow. Taxes did taxes every year. Sold roadside asst
Pros
good money
Cons
away from family lived in Wauasa Wi
Interesting place to learn about small consumer finance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TNFebruary 28, 2018
The daily operations at World Finance were relatively boring. The day consists mostly of making 200 - 300 phone calls to delinquent accounts. However, since World Acceptance Corporation is a publically traded company, I did have the opportunity to learn about the corporate culture of companies that are publically traded.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
boring
Supervisor is a bully!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXFebruary 8, 2018
There was no good training. You are expected to just catch on. I love collections and I am good at it. My supervisor was very condescending to me and the BSR. Unfortunately because she retaliates against you, no one says anything. Good luck to the next manager. You will need it!!
Pros
Money
Cons
Supervisor
Overall good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 28, 2017
I enjoyed 5 of my 7 year tenure with the company. I worked for three different supervisors and enjoyed them for the most part. The company is constantly making changes and for the most part are good changes. The manager role can be very demanding especially if you receive little support from your supervisor. Overall I would recommend this company for employment.
Benefits
Cons
Hours of operation are not justified.
Fast pace/competitive/family oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCDecember 7, 2017
I was branch manger for 6 years and i had a great staff, great store, great location, and good supervisor. I left because of health insurance prices getting higher and higher. I love World and the decision was difficult to leave. This is a good company to work for as long as you can run your store you will be relaxed with your staff. Our store loved the holidays and was one of the first finance companies ever to have a float in the parade in town.
Pros
Location/staff/management
Cons
Helath insurance is high for family
Underwhelmed
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 20, 2017
Spent most the day on the phone calling people who owed on a loan, making loans, or convincing people to "renew" loans to start over their payments. Just wasnt my place to work.

The people I worked with though were all very nice and good people.
Was a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 24, 2017
Was a good place to work. Some people were not nice. They way certain people talked you a person was degrading. You were graded on the growth of your office.
Great oppurtunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 18, 2017
Working for World Finance has created a great opportunity for me. They are pretty strict on work hours so you don't have to worry so much about working long hours. I learned a lot about the finance industry.
Great hours and benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, OKNovember 2, 2016
Used to be a family oriented company but I believe they have gotten away from that. Great benefits and 401k. Can be very stressful during holidays and tax season.. Lots of long hours
Pros
good pay
Cons
Stressful
Great work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNOctober 25, 2016
I loved working at World Finance. I startred as a Christmas part time helper. I was per moted after a year and became very successful the 10 years i worked there. I moved to Sc and managed a branch in which i was successful as well .
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 30, 2016
Good health care coverage, easy company to work for. Training in taxes is a plus. Helped to get my insurance license. I have learned a lot about sales and collections from this company.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Slow communication
Allows me to interact the people which I enjoy. Calm enviroment>
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 8, 2016
A typical day at my current job @ World Finance consist of dealing with the public one on one to process loan applications, approve and collect accounts. I supervise and train new employees for the district. I handle all daily operations including balancing the days accounts, making deposits, receiving and posting payments and during tax season I prepare tax returns for the public.
My day usually starts out that we are busy in the mornings and less busy after lunch time, I've learned to deal and handle all different types of people, I deal with them on a walk in basis or phone. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy, I enjoy people, I'm a people person which sometimes gets me in trouble because I tend to feel bad for some people and want to help them and can't.
I would like to be in a more active work enviroment, to be busy and help people. I would really like to be closer to home with better hours so that I can spend more time with my 13 year old daughter.
Pros
Enjoy interacting with the public.
Cons
Late Hours
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 18, 2016
Love the company and it's opportunities for advancement. Learned a lot about the loan industry during my first 2 years of employment. Company is willing to give you a chance and on the job training with no prior experience needed.
Pros
advancement oppertunties, bonuses, vanacation, and insurance
Cons
long hours and weekends.
Productive work place with good hands on training
Manager (Current Employee) –  Poplarville, MSJanuary 21, 2016
World Finance is a great place to work and learn many things about the finance world. The people you work with are fun go-getters who excel and do what they can to help you excel and grow as well.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my years here. I enjoyed having two days off during the week as well. It gave me time to make appointments for my kids. I enjoyed being off every Sunday.
Pros
Off two days during the week
Collection of default payments
Manager (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 19, 2015
I had given loans to customers and when they default on them i have to go to there homes and jobs to collect money from them. I ran everything in the office the paper work, phone calls and ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Finance. Our community is ready to answer.