World Fuel Services
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

World Fuel Services Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews

fuelculturedriverleadershipbenefitprocesscompanyhire

Good work life balance, but processes and systems need improvement

Good work life balance, good work culture, decent benefits, but processes and systems need improvement. Salary raises and bonuses have been minimal the last few years

Pros

Work life balance, benefits

Cons

Systems and processes need improvement

The most unorganized company in the world

Will tell you anything you need to hear to get you onboard. Then you see the lies . Avoid and save yourself the frustration. Bonuses will be revoked and yearly earnings not even close to what they claim .

World Fuel Services insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great People, Terrible Leaders

The company has many hard working and extremely capable employees who are very helpful and dedicated. However, the company's leadership is - especially in IT - completely disconnected and uncaring. IT Leadership claims to want feedback but when provided they label and ostracize the employee. Only a handful of people in IT are listened to while the actual developers are ignored.

Pros

People not in IT leadership roles are hardworking and generally great, Business middle management and employees are great.

Cons

IT tribe and above leadership is terrible. Label and ostracize people who provide feedback.

Don’t wasting your time

I am sharing my experience with World fuel Service. I am a Transport driver, and I have been two years on and off. There are good benefits and equipment but evil hours and management. You will not get an hour or OT and make 40 hours a week, and you are so lucky because the customer does not order the fuel more than before, dealing with the gas price up a lot, and You won’t make 103k a year as they post on site, and you have to Understand real life. You will get fired easy if you make a mistake, but if you kiss a..s the manager, you won’t get fired even though you have a big Mess. Please stay away from this company if you want to make money, and there are good companies for you to work for.

Pros

Hour and OT and Management

Cons

Benefits and equipment

Draining

long hours, no advancement, overworked, underpaid, no diversity in management roles. Learned a lot but at the cost of my personal life, no support from upper management and no opportunities to grow your career.

suspect place, no phone #s

I was looked over 3xs with my resume for this job (minn). My experience exceeds the Job description. The Mgr seemed ok, this company contacted me several times, didn't wanna pay my worth but kept hiring DEAD a**es over me. So I tried contacting corporate because they don't have a number for reference purposes nor do they seem to wanna be contacted...because of me inquiring about the company, LMAO they rescinded the offer. But now I work for there competitors at more pay, and extremely FLEXIBLE. wow....THESE guys don't seem to know what they're doing. Wouldn't recommend.

Pros

bennies, flexibility

Cons

TERRIBLE Mgmt, work over exceeds the pay

Most people were helpful and friendly and working hours were not bad

I only interned there for a short period of time but I like the working environment was friendly yet professional. People seem to be engaged in their work and the working hours were not bad, most of people leave work around 5pm. It was an unpaid job so I cannot say about the benefit and pay.

Pros

friendly and professional working environment

Cons

nothing

If there is no other jobs

Management is worthless and so is dispatch, they expect way more then what can be done, very unorganized and communication is very poor. Pay is finally decent, and benefits are not to bad.

Pros

Decent pay, benefits

Cons

Unorganized, management, dispatch, communication

Toxic environment

This is a very toxic organization, they promote something they don’t follow, and only the same people seem to be getting all the promotions and everything that comes along with it. New hires with 0 knowledge are paid more than those with expertise. Those in leadership positions are prone to follow and say YES to agree with upper management rather than challenge the status quo, push back and fight for what’s right. We babysit bad behavior rather than correct the problem and get rid of the bad apples in the organization.

The management is easy to get along with.

Most of the co-workers are good people and easy to work with. Every jobs has a few bad eggs though. Fairly family oriented and laid back location. Show up and get the job done and you wont have any issues.

Pros

Benefits, management

Mind your own business

Some of the senior drivers think they own the place if they can do what ever they want if you say something all of them came after you. Talking behind your back like high school girls.

Pros

Make good money

Cons

Some senior drivers needs to be retire that behavior is unacceptable

Used to be a good place to work.

Go find out for yourself. They used to be a good place to work for. At one point wanted to retire from there. Yea still pretty frosted over getting fired. I didn't want to sit on the clock for 2 plus hrs waiting to do a stop so I came in late to keep from sitting on the clock. Went all the way to top of management to try to get more stops or get away from the stop that was making sit for 2hrs. Nope just rather fire me. O well. Never been happier to leave a company. The dispatch system sucks!!!! The routing makes no sense at all. And the way they do the schedule yea if your new plan on working all weekend. No home life work balance at all.

Pros

Great pay great benefits

Cons

Dispatch system

Job Security and advancement is good and GUARENTEED with the union.Management needs CDL experience, badly.

Busy during summers, slow during winterlearned to drive a tank wagon and fuel various equipment.management poorworkplace goodpulling 250 ft. hose

Pros

Job security was beyond exemplary; during COVID, WFS was the only fueling company to keep their workers, teamwork and communication were awesome BETWEEN the drivers, Uniforms and boot allowance, good pay and Union in Tacoma, you did get to keep a constant time/route every day, (Unless someone called in sick and you had to take some of their route)

Cons

UPPER management needs to get experience in CDL and fueling, how can you run a company with no exp. under your belt, manager was not understanding about how the jobs ran, 2 mechanics for 20-30 trucks, usually took the old trucks for better reliability.

You can do better

Never in my years of working have I ever experienced a place like World Fuel Services (Papco). If you like a extremely toxic work environment, poor training, no job security, bitter conniving coworkers and incompetent powertripping rude management; then this is the perfect place for you. Overall an very unpleasant place to work.

Pros

Location, Weekends Off

Cons

Job Security, Poor Training, Toxic Culture, Unprofessional Rude Management, No Communication

It was very pleasant and exciting working for world fuel services.

Working for World Fuel Services was the best experience of my life because I gain so much knowledge in the data entry department. The company is driven to gain new strategies to perform better and more efficient in every department. The management and CEO are a great team to work with because they are always looking forward to better the lives of their employees and customers with their services.

Pros

The company provides great benefits.

Cons

Needs more short breaks.

Productive and fun work place

People are great bosses are amazing very little down time always on the move grate work environment.

Great Company

WFS is a good company to work for overall. I understand that some offices are more difficult than others, some bosses are worse than others etc. You can't judge an entire company based on one person's experience. I personally have had a positive experience and have been able to move up from my starting position. I feel that the company did a great job of handling the pandemic. They let us vote on continuing WFH and ended up closing some offices permanently (now working from home) and will have flex options for others. Benefits are good, time off is pretty good and is available at your hire date. Onboarding was easy and organized. It's been a frustrating time working in the fuel industry during a pandemic so there have been challenges and irritations but overall I'm happy to be with the company.

Pros

Pto, benefits, remote work options

Cons

Can be stressful during busy times

Lacks professionalism

Unorganized from the very start of the hiring process. Was given so much misinformation, wrong schedule, etc. Office staff not welcoming to new employees. The “supervisor” never acknowledged I was there until after week 2. You would have to “fit in” to work here. I was stuck training with a girl that mentioned right away she didn’t care about her job, didn’t need the money and was there for fun. The office is dirty and was just uncomfortable. Very easy job if you can stand the environment!

Not a good place to build a career

Old equipment, managment is mediocre at best and is not understanding of employees needs outside of workVery long hours and not enough training.Not a family oriented company

Pros

Free uniforms, good insurance

Cons

Very hard physical work

It's a job

Company is good to their employees. Benefits are good. Management listens to employees when it comes to suggestions. Work/life balance is good. Many sectors withing the company to move.

Pros

Pay is decent. Insurance is good. Work/life balance.

Cons

Shift work

Benefits

The worst company I ever work for ....Managements is horrible....to much peer pressure and management don’t have trust in there employees. There no flexibility with family life . Equipment sucks and Dispatch have to much control of everything not management. Very unorganized and they play to many favorites for certain drivers ! Company need a lot work to do !

Benefits

Cons

Very poor management

Common questions about World Fuel Services

Answered by current and former employees at World Fuel Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Fuel Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight