World Kitchen, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed the work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2018
Good job. Enjoyed the customers and helping folks. The store was meeting budget and increasing sales. Difficult finding caring individuals in retail. Too bad store closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 23, 2018
Loved working there. I regret leaving for what was supoosed to be a better job. Sometimes the grass is nit greener on the other side if the fence. Given the opportunuty, I would go back.
Pros
Great upper managemebt; very supportive
Cons
Long work hiurs
It was a great company to work for.
Supervising staff members (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 27, 2018
Overall it was a good company to work for. As a key holder I was expected to look after the store and any other employee there. The assistant manager and manager were great people. The workplace environment was great and a great learning environment. The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer had a great experience no matter what. The most enjoyable part was the different staff I got to work with and people I got to meet. I would suggest anyone wanting to gain experience in retail to work there!
Past Employee
employee (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 10, 2018
Was not a good work environment. To much politics and getting thrown under the bus by team mates and managers to save their jobs. Lack of direction by management.
Ever-changing culture
Sr. Packaging & Graphic Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 3, 2018
Was a great experience for me overall. I learned so much through the years and gave my job the very best each and every day. I was treated well, until I was laid off.
Pros
Great brands, good people
Cons
layoffs
Room to learn
Storeroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I retired recently, I started low man on the totem pole, inspecting ware on the assembly line. After a few years I started to apply for training in other aspects of the plant, quality control, Dec materials, ended up very happy in storeroom where I did cycle counts, ico' s, and other tasks, worked alone, loved it.
This is a glass factory, they make glass 24/7, so you need to know this, shift work is essential to have a productive plant. Hardest issue is very strict absentee policy, only one week vacation to start out with. It takes commitment of your whole family to make it work. Also it is likely to have strong relationships as it is like boot camp going through stressful times together. Good communication with your partner is essential to keep your marriage safe.
Pros
Good pay, union
Cons
Hours always an issue
Forming Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 20, 2017
Challenging but good place to work. Salary and benefits are excellent. Company runs 24/7 365 days per year. Required to work all shifts on a rotating basis.
Very very dangerous to work
FT Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 19, 2017
Do not waste time with this company*******. Better search some other jobs with good pay and job security. They can not increase the sales or succeed a project, all they can do is lay off people who is not even related to the sales drop off.
Pros
They claim it as culture.
Cons
Lack of proper management, new CEO have no plans, just listens to old management staff who works for their benefits.
Great people to work with
FP&A Sr.Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 23, 2017
learned to be a super user with BPC used to load forecsts and budgets
sr. learders are very supportive and provide tools required to be successful
enjoyed working with the finance team and learned a lot.
Consistent and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 7, 2017
My days at work were pretty constant and held no real surprises which was nice. My managers had reasonable expectations and were fun to work with. Working here was not too difficult and manager make sure you are up to date on current sales and info on the products.
World Kitchen closed and moved over seas.
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 1, 2017
Worked with a lot slackers management was poor at the corporation level.Made a lot bad decision did not know what they were doing.Was a union and people took advantage of it.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
working in a union shop
A good place for job security
Glass press operator (Current Employee) –  Charleroi,PA.15022August 12, 2017
Over all this work environment is satisfactory , been employed for 11 years and I always got bids that expanded my career here at World kitchen .Although the shift work can be grueling sometimes it is a well-rounded company with a good Workforce.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time, meeting, exceeding customers needs with a product line that's Superior in the glass industry
Cons
A 4 on 48 off work schedule, In other words we work 4 days at 1 shift say a 3-11 shift, then we switch after 48 hours off to a different time frame
Hostile environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  PresswareJuly 19, 2017
This company has very poor management and the supervision is almost non existent. Safety is always preached yet the company is very unsafe. Employees are very stressed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dangerous and disorganized
Friendly Place
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 17, 2017
Everybody was very friendly and always willing to help each other. It was relatively calm, not hectic, and a nice place to work. I loved working there and was sad when my internship ended.
steady work
Hub Operator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Job okay, but not family friendly. If you are the junior man in the trades (forming) you spend much of your time there. The work is not bad, but the environment is very dirty and management not the best.
Pros
work and pay
Cons
rotating shifts, dirty, forced overtime and management not the greatest
This company is very unstable and does not treat management well.
Forming Department Head (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 12, 2015
This company has a high turn over rate, but pays well. The business plan changes regularly. My co-workers are very good people to work with.
Worked with the shift team to keep production going.
Class A Electrician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 14, 2015
While at World Kitchen I learned how to handle the pressure that comes with 24/7 production. As a class A electrician I also was responsible for the training of the two electrician apprentices under me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the trouble shooting. I was able to us both my electrical and PLC systems skills to find the failures and get the systems back on-line
Pros
Cons
The heat in excess 160 Deg F
Ok place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Culture could be better, trying to move in the tight direction. Like most of my co-workers. Team work is greatly appreciated here.
Challenging
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charleroi, PaAugust 24, 2015
A lot of multi tasking to keep up with today's manufacturing needs
Not enough help to keep up with day to day activities.
Upper level management is quite demanding.
Pros
Close to home, vacation time, learning a lot about manufacturing
Cons
Consistency in working with union employee's
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Graceville, FLJuly 7, 2015
I learned a lot working here. Management get crazy just before I left. Long hours. but good benefits and pay. never bored while working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Kitchen, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight