World Services USA Employee Reviews

Good Company to gain Interpreter experience
Spanish Interpreter and Translator (per diem) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2018
Good Company to gain Interpreter experience, flexibility opt to accept or decline any assignments. Very professional dispatcher team. I will recommend this company.
Pros
Good Company to gain Interpreter experience
Cons
Per diem
They dont pay
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 11, 2018
Worked one assignment for them as Spanish Interpreter, they requested a criminal record and a driving record that I had to pay from my own pocket (30 dollars) then went to a clinic where the patient had explicitly requested another interpreter, they sent me instead without notice to the patient.

They were about to refuse the service, but the doctor convinced them to go ahead.

Everything went well until the time to get paid came ... You expect a check or a direct deposit for weeks, then months... Then you call back and they dont even know who you are, if you call again they wont answer...

Ok, so I worked a day, paid for the certificates, had to ask to leave early on my other job to assist to my assignment

Total loss: 160 USD approx
Pros
Cons
I was treated like a fool
Internship
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
Excellent business idea but there is not much advancement opportunities. convenient location with accessible parking and a decent business center with many offices around
Excellent company if you are a beginner interpreter
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
World Services USA is a great company for those starting out in the interpreting field to learn the field and gain valuable experience in the industry. Helping people who are non English speaking is always gratifying. Working with investigators to help resolve workmen's compensation cases can be rather rewarding, as well.
Pros
On call as needed/no pressure
Cons
No guaranteed hours/no benefits
Interpreting Services
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2017
Spanish Medical Interpretation for patients in hospitals and clinics. filling out documents, legal Interpreting for health personal documents.
Translation and Interpretation.
Pros
Spanish Interpretations
Cons
on call
Productive, good workin conditions, was sent on many assignments
Interpreter - on (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Very good company to work for..
Work is given to employees who deserve, and prove themselves
dependable, trust wordy and have a good customer and patient relationship.
Being accurate in translation and dependable is very important..
Productive workplace
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Love going from site to site. Again like all other interpreting companies you get to broaden your terminology list. Management is great to work with they are always available when an issue arise. Co-workers are fun to work with. Hardest part of this job is there is no hard to it just apply yourself and do the best you can no one is perfect. I enjoy what I do and that's what make me good at what I do. So everyone leaves happy and I am satisfied with that.
Pros
Lots of assignments
Cons
Too little pay
Productive place. Freelance work, no contact with co-workers, lots of over-the-phone interpreting.
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
This a Freelance, ongoing position. Company is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The hardest part of the job is when a patient or doctor cancel an appointment after you arrived at the hospital.
Pros
Freelance work
Cons
not enough hours
Demand a lot and pay little
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga.January 28, 2015
This company demands a lot from employees and do not want to pay a reasonable rate. Also this company pay very slowly; their agreement states that payments are net 30, but they take about 50 days to pay.
Good assignments, prompt pay, but insufficient assignments.
SPANISH-ENGLISH MEDICAL INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Usually an assignment is forwarded the day before.

Requirements for interpreter include calling 24 hrs. before the assignment, one hour before, five minutes before, and upon completion of assignment. Invoicing, on-line, is usually straightforward and efficient.

The most difficult part of job occurs if your phone doesn't work and you are stuck on 285, and you have no way to communicate a delay to the management.

The best part of the job includes facilitating communication between a patient and the healthcare providers to solve a physical problem and help plan for productive future action.
Pros
Efficient invoicing and payment system.
Cons
Unpredictable workload; unreliable communication.
Good Flexibility
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Memphis TNJune 27, 2014
World services is a good company to work for. I work alone and have flexibility with this position. I don't always have guaranteed work in this position.
Clear instructions with a bit of overkill on checking in
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 30, 2014
Clear instructions with a bit of overkill on checking in. Pay is low and paid mileage is low also.
Pros
straight forward
Cons
low pay
Fun and flexible work
Arabic Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2013
I serve this company as a sub-contractor. A typical day would be receiving an assignment, confirming it, meeting up with client, translating and make sure both parties are at the page of understanding, learned so much from it to help people with different needs, the job is really easy and don't see anything hard in it, and the most enjoyable is the interpretation itself.
Needs to be a little more productive
Medical Interpreter & Translator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2012
Project based management needs more clarity related to scheduling appointments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Services USA. Our community is ready to answer.