World Travel Holdings

World Travel Holdings insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Flexible schedule and streamlined customer service process

Great company to work for pre-covid, not so great now. I worked throughout the pandemic for reduced pay and struggled through that time. Then the company hired back so many new agents that there are very few sales calls. There is a lot of pressure to perform under very stressful conditions and the company’s expectations are unrealistic. I was hired to provide customer service only to my reservations, but now get customer service calls from other agent’s bookings and I don’t get paid a cent on these calls which take away time from me being able to make sales. Cruise lines are changing their health and safety protocols so often that it is nearly impossible to keep up with. Not happy at a company that I was once thrilled to work for. Very disappointed with World Travel Holdings.

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote work, point system that allows you to earn points for working additional or reducing your hours, point system allows you to take unpaid time off with the points you earn, easy access to other departments to assist with various things, like transferring insurance or adding expired promos/onboard credit, etc..

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and too many agents at company right now

I loved it

I really loved the job if you pay attention in class you can succeed. The training on the phone do not worry about asking for help it is always there. the only reason I left is because I got pregnant and could not hold conversations but they were great.

Pros

Work from home, pay, enjoyable, cruises

Pre Furlough Review

World travel is the greatest place to be able to work from the comfort of home that i feel job stability and overall happiness. For a work at home job i think it is competitive

benefits

Cons

cant think of any

Great fun team to work with.

Ample training and ongoing support. Very friendly team environment. A class organization! The company cares about their employees. Work life balance is excellent!

Pros

Home based

Cons

Industry with COVID

The most stressfull job I have ever had

I worked for WTH for over 10 years. I work from home. I assisted customers regarding their booked cruises and I also booked cruises. I loved talking to people and helping them with their vacation plans.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Management is horrible.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Not a good experience for me

Too stressful, commissions were a joke. I did not have a good experience there. They say there’s opportunities for advancement and benefits like getting an IATAN card but none of it happened. Then Covid made working there impossible, which isn’t their fault but it was why I finally left. If you’re already a travel agent, you’ll probably make more money elsewhere. If you need a job, then…well, it’s a certainly a job.

Not good

Really disappointed after all we did for the company during COVID. People were making more on unemployment. Then after all that they hired over 500 new employees without acknowledging those that had to work through the pandemic finding ways to get people to book cruises when there was a shutdown.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Terrible management

Work for Vacation!

Definitely one of the best places I’ve worked at and really have no major complaints other than the advancement I was seeking and wage for my personal success.

Pros

Attendance, time off, discounts

Cons

Insurance is higher than expected, wage

You're selling travel to beautiful destinations

You're selling and servicing vacations, so people are typically happy unless something goes wrong, like a pandemic which makes work a little more challenging.

Pros

Paid training, fast pace, exciting environment

Cons

Flex positions have no benefits

Used to be a great place to work

I worked her for 7 years. It’s used to be awesome but with changes in management they hired mean cold managers that would yell at meetings and it’s now a below average call center due to poor upper management. Used to be great and all about the customers experience now it’s your typical high pressure call center. Take a ton of calls and burn out and don’t care about the customer is the new company moto.

Pros

Discounts on travel and good 401k

Cons

Hours are horrible. You will work a weekend shifts and holidays permanently.

Jobs at World Travel Holdings

See more jobs

It was ok

For a first time travel agent this was a good experience. Lots of training involved and a great way to do it (from home). Given all the tools to be successful and for a person who is highly competitive it was fun and kept me on my toes. Ever changing and a fast paced position with plenty of overtime expected of the travel agents and customer service representatives. If you were with the company from the beginning you were all set and would be making the big bucks… newbies I hate to say it, you were really just anothe rich in the machine (this coming from a recipient of a few award wins in the first year). You can still be a shining star but the money just isn’t there… management is fine until someone gets their toes stepped on (like a customer service rep finishes a booking that a travel agent doesn’t close a deal on). This is where you can find yourself having funds pulled from your paycheck . You will also have funds pulled when people cancel a booking, or have a booking changed and rebooked under a lower rate (this is all pertaining to the travel agent who is commission based). Free travel: yes this happens. I received two cruises. One was an award aboard Royal Caribbean for 7 days along with other travel agents and managements. It was very nice and I enjoyed it. My spouse and I got to know some folks and it was interesting. I got to see how things really worked. Also quite the eye opener. Some good and some not so good. I took advantage of a few trips through the company to learn more about other cruise lines at a deeply discounted rate that were educational trips (although -

Pros

Fast paced. Free travel. Great people. Work from home. Challenging.

Cons

Cliquish. Mandatory overtime. Refunding of income due to cancelled vacations. Micromanagement.

Great company to work for, they truly care about their employees

I have worked here for over 9 years and made many advancements. If you work hard and treat our customers well you can do well here. Management starting with the CEO's really care and appreciate their employees. The only.down side is benefits are kind of expensive compared to how much you get paid. Pay can be really good for sales people only mediocre for the rest.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Healthcare is costly

Co-workers are awesome, management not so much.

The training was the absolute best. Prior to COVID , management was helpful, time off was always available , although a fast paced environment, everyone loved their job. After COVID, micro-managers and company did not care for their employees that “stuck around.” They hired back the employees they laid off before rewarding their employees that got them through the past year. Their marketplace that they brag about hasn’t had time off available in months. And don’t question any of their policies or anything that has been openly announced and not followed through with or you will be reprimanded. A few good team leads, but if you are not in their “clique” you won’t ever be promoted no matter how good your performance is.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

A lot of lip service, but it’s all just the same old corporate shenanigans.

Not a place to work during Covid

Really shocked at how the company treated employees during COVID. They dropped our pay and increased our responsibilities. We were also tasked with call lists with hundreds of names we had to call and ask them to rebook their cancelled cruise. Some of these people didn’t even get their refunds. Company also kept all insurance money and when the poor customers called in begging for it there was no help from supervisors. Also they started hiring people back from before the pandemic was over. They did this before recognizing the people that stayed on for little money during the pandemic. Disgusted by how they treated employees and their customers.

Pros

Before COVID it was OK

Cons

Schedule, low pay, too much responsibility

Fun but lots of stress

The job was fun. Some customers are amazing and others are all the contrary. Most managers and supervisors like to micro manage and you get looked over your shoulder from multiple sources. Training is great, pay is ok and co workers are awesome. With all the different promos and always changing everything it feels such as you go through your day in survival mode... convenient work from home, great travel opportunity and ok benefits. Call center culture, environment.

Pros

Fully from home. Performance based schedule bidding

Cons

Not flexiible hrs, always changing rules.

Ok place to work

Ok job but pay isn't enough for amount of work that is required. Some managers are pretty helpful with any questions that you have but some are not on hand to help when help is needed.

Pros

Training and lunch breaks.

Cons

Pay and no work home life balance

Loved my job, did not like the hours that were assigned...

Working here was fun and exciting. You have to be a top producer to get the schedule you want. Did not like when customers waste your time, but it was fun talking with people from different places with so many travel stories.

Pros

The behind the scenes travel industry insider secrets you learn.

Cons

Long hours and changing shifts.

Disregard for their employees

Management is not there to help you train or succeed. Covid happened and no communication to employees or extra training to handle upset customers...

Pros

Discounts

Cons

No management support

Fun

Great company, bonuses, flexible times. Great management and training . They worked with me due to health issues and rehired me back. I would love to work with them again.

Pros

Time off is easy to request

Cons

Fast paced workload

Pre COVID this was a fabulous job. I saw myself there forever. Money was good, environment was super positive. Once COVID hit and cruises halted, the money was just not there to be made. Once cruises get back on the sea again, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Pros

Work from home, positive work environment

Cons

COVID killed ability to make money until cruises get back on the water

Great benefits for travel

You can work from home and earn free travel. Feels like running your own business from home. They treat their employees well and care about them. I had surgery and had to use FMLA and was not treated any differently. Great company to work for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Travel Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare World Travel Holdings with

• World Travel Holdings
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?