World Travel Holdings Employee Reviews

Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2019
Great company to work for wish for higher pay snd more compensations and more of a discount on travel but over all great people who work in the company and very understanding and compassionate to the employees.
Stay as far away as possible from working with this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 21, 2019
The worst job I have ever had. Management is a joke, HR is even worse, No accountability, They promised so much and that there would be help, and they lied and continue to lie, They have no respect for your religious beliefs, family time or even you as an employee, you are there to make them money and that is all.
My Experience
CCR1 (Current Employee) –  At homeJuly 10, 2019
I am enjoying my work at World Travel Holdings it is everything you can ask for and more. It awards me an opportunity to go to school and still work and take care of my household. It is a lot at first when you go through the training but it is worth it all in the end.
No leadership, no accountability
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2019
Although the owners are good guys, there is no leadership, no real management, no room for growth and an office atmosphere that is difficult to be productive in. There is no accountability for abusive managers and no one in charge who cares. To add insult to injury they dont pay a living wage. The best part is the franchise owners. They are amazing.
Pros
The franchise owners were wonderful to work with
Cons
Lack of leadership
Good Company booking cruises and land vacations
Full Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 19, 2019
Work from home position that allows you to save on gas and not have to dress to impress. I like that they provide the equipment but you do pay for it by payroll deductions, the training is intense and alot to remember but you will have team leads and other management to assist you in being successful, the pay can be better but the benefits and incentives are a nice extra perk. The company overall is a good company and I'm glad to be a part of the team.
Pros
Extra perks with gift cards, etc
Cons
Bad schedules at times and overtime with no prior notice
Virtual
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 12, 2019
answer phones, search products to help plan vacations / transfers / hotels / cruise/ flights / excursions - enjoyed the worked, commission based - very aggressive environment
Pros
fun helping plan vacations
Cons
little coworker interaction - training in 10/15 increments / hard at assessment
Please read
Travel Pro (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 29, 2019
Ok. So let me start by saying that I am not a disgruntled employee. I actually am still employed full-time. I wanted to get on here though and shed some light on this position. I am a travel pro. If you do not like sales, do not get into this position. They work you to death trying to close sales. No excuses. NONE.
We have unrealistic standards to reach, just to get paid out commission. I have only made commission one time.
You MUST work at least one weekend day, EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Even though other departments get weekends off. NOT YOU. And..... since I have been here, I have worked EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY. My family has celebrated without me. It's been very depressing.
You are told you only book cruises, and once you are use to booking cruise with the 6 weeks of training they give, they force upon you hotel and air bookings, but only give you a 30 minute module and then throw you to the wolves. You are required to take those calls even though you have no idea what you are doing.
They act like BIG BROTHER. They are ALWAYS watching and listening. Not just your calls for quality, they can see what you are chatting about with other employees, or listen in on calls to co-workers.
They DO NOT give you enough time to handle work for each booking outside of being on a call. You can be doing something very important for a booking, and they will tell you to get back on the phones even though you are not finished with previous call.
They have this thing called BOLD CHAT. It is chatting with a supervisor to get help. While the customer is on hold, it can take up to 15 minutes
  more... sometimes to get help. It infuriates the customer and yourself so bad. and sometimes the supervisor will just say "call the cruiseline"
No matter what you do, you are constantly being told you are not on the phone long enough. Even if you feel like you are duck taped to your phone, they will say you are not. It seems to me their monitoring system is not calibrated properly.
Pay is $12/hr and you fall to $10/hr after 1 year.
When you sell travel insurance, you can earn a good sum, but each time you book a cruise without travel insurance, you drop down the scale to the point you are not paid for any insurance, even if you've sold alot. It's a horrible feeling.
You work so hard just to get it all taken away.

Ok....so I gave info on a lot of bad things. And trust me. There are many cons with this company. But there are a couple good things.
They are very flexible with needing time off. You build up Market Place Points that you can use to take time off. If you. If you are sick and have a doctors note, you can literally be out for a month and come back, and only loose 8 points as long as the days off were consecutive.
You can also take off early or add hours if they need help. They are good at giving over time.
(But you will be working holidays and at least 1 weekend day every weekend)
Working from home means no sitting in traffic each day. (But keep in mind, your home will become a prison)

Hope this helps. Ya'll, this place is no joke. Not a career, ONLY a stepping stone to your next venture. Use this company for a reference only, because make no mistake, they are using you! And you will let them until you have had enough and quit. My class had 40 people in it, and now there are only 7 left. Think long and hard about selling your soul. Like I said, I am not am angree employee. I just want ya'll to know the TRUTH about operations before going down the wrong path and wasting precious time, and interupting your life balance. Think long and hard about how bad you want that 12/hr.
Pros
Flexible days off requests
Cons
you're a slave, must work holidays/weekends
Great...
Luxury Concierge (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 23, 2019
great company to work with, they re very supportive!
Great virtual training, there is a deposit for their computer Equipment But it is gradually taken from your paycheck, and it is refundable When you leave the company!
Promised many things but never received them.
TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 22, 2019
Not all that it is suppose to be. Job flexibility is nothing. You are based on years service and accuracy to determine shift bids. New hires get mostly 2nd shift.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
always working
Disappointed
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 16, 2019
You will not be told that you are going to also be booking air fare and land vacations. I was hired to book cruises and was very excited. I asked if that was all the travel options offered from the company and was told yes just cruises. I asked during the training if I would be booking hotels or air fare and was told no. A couple months after completing training was emailed a training module that was required and you were tested on for booking land and air fare. First three months of employment was required to work extra five hours a week. I placed high on the final ranking for the shift bids. (This company makes employees bid for shifts you don’t get to actually state or pick what works best for your family) even though I ranked high I still got 3PM-12AM shift and others ranked below me got day shifts w weekend days off. It’s a very unfair process and you will have other agents and customer service steal your bookings. I could never get a hold of my team lead unless I sent multiple messages. The insurance is not affordable at all! You will have to handle minor accounting and trouble shooting issues with your bookings as well. Even though there is a customer service and accounting department. There is a lot of work for just $10.-$12. An hour. You are also required to work holidays Christmas included. Working from home is great if you don’t have a car, handicap, or simply too crazy to work with others. I found the pro of working from home was not worth this company that’s for sure. It’s a shame because I loved it at first when I was only booking cruises like I was told I’d be  more... doing!!! I don’t recommend this company you are working for a call center and just another number. It is almost impossible to make the incentive booking pay. Don’t drink the kool aid and waste your time!  less
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hours suck, expensive insurance, poor management
Run for your life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  homeApril 13, 2019
They promise you the world during the interview process. Then even if you are one of the best performers they will find a reason to fire you right before you hit the one year mark. They hire in a new staff every few months and work you to death. They will find a reason to fire you. Make one mistake you are out the door. They do not care you have a family and expect everyone to work overtime. Pay is horrible Managers are incompetent
Pros
work from home
Cons
Work you to death no advancement and fire you for one mistake
The people are fine...it's the EQUIPMENT that sucks!
Travel Professional (Former Employee) –  Homebased, but Corp office in Wilmington, Mass.April 12, 2019
PLUSES
The workplace structure was good. It's home-based inbound call center work. My trainers and eventual supervisor were supportive and helpful. Coworkers were a joy to be around. Pay was decent and was good for my metro area (Milwaukee). Flex time and OT opportunities were abundant and very positive.

MINUSES
I had a lot of down time because of faulty equipment (computer, phone, etc.) they sent me to use and then I would have to send back and wait for replacements. I'm NOT paid for down time. It started costing me more than working there, so I quit.

IF I COULD KEEP THE PEOPLE AND THE BENEFITS AND THE PAY AND GET A NEW TECH SUPPORT STRUCTURE AND BETTER EQUIPMENT, I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THERE.
Pros
Coworkers were supportive & friendly, payroll was always on time, supervisor was helpful and encouraging
Cons
Poor tech support & equipment
I do not recommend WTH
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2019
low pay, awful schedules with no flexibility, constant phone reviews with managers. Overall not a good place to work if you have a family. No free perks unless you meet sales goals.
Pros
Training
Fantastic Company
Travel Sales Professional and Part Time (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2019
This company has been wonderful and the best decision of my life was joining WTH. They are so supportive and driven for success. They have been very flexible in tough times and I would recommend them to anyone!
Pros
Incentives, flexibility, support
Cons
schedules
Very fun laid back environment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 12, 2018
Everyone is very nice and willing to help. I was only there for training but everyone of the managers I interacted with was willing to help. It is a great place to work if you would like to advance with the company. All the people with the company in some way started out the same way and worked their way up.
Great People, Great Leadership, Great Learning Experience
35+ private and partner brands (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 25, 2018
World Travel Holdings provided me with amazing training and preparation for my position. It is a call center environment though and the non-stop calls can be stressful. You will not make a great deal of money just selling travel, the key is to sell the Travel Insurance.
great job
customer service/travel agent (Current Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 24, 2018
I really enjoy working for World Travel Holdings, we have great leadership and great benefits with this company. Paid vacation , sick , personal, health care, 401k ect..
Pros
working from home.
Cons
Not always going out enough.
Wonderful Company
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 13, 2018
Great work at home job. Excellent benefits, pay and opportunities. Management is always there for you. Even though you work from home you still feel like you are part of a team.
Pros
travel perks
Cons
can be stressful
Great Company
Travel Pro (Former Employee) –  VIRTUALNovember 10, 2018
Very fair structure, though I first believed this position would be a customer care job from home. They do have virtual CC reps, but I did not have the information, that I should apply to a different virtual area to apply for a different position. This was for sales. I found, once you have an application for one position, you cannot apply for another position with the company, until you have been with them for 6 months. CC rep. Would be less money, but I would have been happier. I graduated, but cruise sales was just not a good fit for me.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Great leaders
Cons
Certain areas of info are rushed and lost during trainings. Practicing as homework is forbidden.
WTH only cares about the Big Fish, NOT the little guppies.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 25, 2018
Your probably thinking you are going to sell dream vacations, make lots of money, and travel all the time with the great discounts you will receive as a travel agent. Right? WRONG! You are better off being an independent travel agent, make more commission, set your own schedule.
WTH takes a majority of the commission & you do all the work.
You HAVE to sell their travel protection to customers even though its second rate, more expensive than the cruise line's insurance, and they still have to file a claim with their insurance company before they'll pay anything.
YOU have to sell a certain percentage of travel insurance for YOU to get a cut of it but WTH gets paid from your insurance sells no matter how many policies you sell.
The medical coverage for employees is the most expensive insurance I've ever had with insufficient coverage.
If you take time off to actually go to a your doctor's appt. you get fired.
Attendance point system that works against you, no schedule flexibility.
The fact of the matter is, if you have to sale insurance, the Property & Casualty course is only 40 hours. You can be a licensed insurance agent, make more money and actually be able to afford to travel. Everyone has to have auto insurance, not everyone has to take a cruise.
Pros
No commute
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Travel Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight