World Vision International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good job with alot of cooperation among the staffs
Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  JUBAJanuary 17, 2018
It was very good job that I have ever enjoy, on the other hand, the only challenge that was facing us was walking on foot to cover long distant.
The job was very okay and it I like it because my colleagues and supervisor were very flexible and cooperative people that I have ever enjoy.
A Christian perspective with a mission to help at risked people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 7, 2018
A positive view with Christian perspective. A mission to help impoverish around the world. Can play ping pong and work out during lunch or after work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
lay off
Productive work place though the work was a little tiresome
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  GuluNovember 14, 2017
Vision international is Good place to develop a career at and its good due the culture of having morning prayers every morning. I learned a lot from vision, time management, multi tasking, respect, faithfulness and many others.
Pros
transport and accomodation refund
Cons
walking long distances
World Vision is a Christian organisaton
Nutrition Officer (Current Employee) –  BabatiNovember 7, 2017
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and
communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
Pros
Per diem when working away from the office.
I have learnt many thing from since spent four years with them
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WarrapOctober 9, 2017
One of the day i was management by which told i should stay in one organization in so many years and say you have experience you need to move to exper
Excelente organización
Christian Committment National Manager (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorSeptember 9, 2017
Organizacion lider en la industria humanitaria y relief
Pros
formadora de lideres
Cons
nada
Pleasant Christian environment
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 29, 2017
World Vision does good work, globally. Unfortunately, management is constantly making infrastructure changes that has had negative impact to employee morale and with frequent restructures and budget cuts good staff have been let go.
Pros
Does good work globally
Cons
Too many restructures. No job security
Fulfilling work, great work environment
Director, ICT (Current Employee) –  AfricaApril 6, 2017
WVI has a great mission and even when the work is challenging, the output is very satisfying seeing lives get transformed. The reliance of shifty donor funding however introduces some job insecurity with frequent restructuring to address shortage in funding. The leadership has a heart for the work and for the people. The pace can however be slow especially being agile and changing work practices to suit the current trends. This is a global organization working in a federated model and hence bureaucracy does creep in quite often
Pros
Satisfying work, compensation
Cons
Slow pace, health cover not all that
Challenging and rewarding position
Marketing Projects Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Call CenterMarch 20, 2017
My job was to make certain volunteers from the World Vision database were secured and a multiplicity of events (concerts, fairs, sports events, etc.) all around the United States via World Vision's donor database.

This effort resulted in hundreds of thousands of children from third world countries being sponsored by individuals and families in the United States.

Third world children were afforded food, clothing, education and community development and opportunity through this work.

I am very familiar with call center work and know it from the inside out. I am a very capable worker and love challenges.
Pros
Satisfaction from helping children
Cons
good work place, you experience a lot.it is fun and productive. it builds in a person, a humanitarian and analytical mind able to make decisio
Data Capture Clerk (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 9, 2017
a typical day at work was when I had to print beneficiary distribution lists in less that 3 hours for 21 food distribution points and I ended up having to do them overnight. I learnt that team work is important and sometimes one has to make decisions fast. it build in me a hard working mind and analytical one. world vision international is a well managed organisation and my co workers were the best any person could ever work with. the hardest part of the job was that it requires a lot of sacrifice meaning that sometimes no public holidays but it is nothing one cannot handle. and the most interesting part is that it is to help the community. by eradicating poverty, a clean environment can also be achieved.
Fun and really committed to help people.
Medical Doctor (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorDecember 14, 2016
I traveled a lot and I loved it! I knew a lot of children and co-workers in many places, It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed helping and treating those communities who needed our services to have a better health status.
I am very happy and developed professionally
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  HawassaOctober 17, 2016
I have huge experience in analyzing funding and expenditures, cash flow projection, budget variance analysis, donor compliance analysis, ageing analysis for advance paid on the basis of sub grant to implementing partners and liquidation analysis based on risk based approach and other staff related and tax related aging analysis.
Pros
Coverage of food and transportation allowance
Cons
Medical Coverage and Health insurance
Warm and caring environment with emphasis on helping children
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 24, 2016
World Vision International is truly a global organisation with talented and God loving colleagues around the globe. Working with these colleagues were a huge blessing to me.
Pros
The people, Many colleagues take vacations during Christmas, so you can enjoy it without worrying about work.
Cons
Long hours during the summer (budget season), taking summer vacations can be difficult if you have school-age children, I worked in the evenings during my summer vacations.
A mission driven organization with a constant focus on learning and developing
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (C.O.O.) (Current Employee) –  Eastern Europe, Middle East and South AsiaMay 9, 2016
This is an organization that does all it can to live up to its mission and core values. With regional operations in over 16 countries and a virtual team spread over multiple locations, traveling and coordinating events and gatherings to ensure a common understanding of performance against strategy is an absolute must. I personally enjoy the diversity of our 2500+ staff, the richness of cultures in the region, and the dedication of all staff members to doing the best job possible.
Excellent place to work where you can demonstrate your skills and faith
Senior Editor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2016
This organization is dedicated to helping the most vulnerable children in nearly 100 countries. The work is effective, and the staff is highly skilled and committed. Transitions and reorganizations are too frequent and may not accomplish the goal set forth in their purpose. The people I have worked with are genuine in their efforts to support the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
People, faith, mission, vision, long-term impact
Cons
The changing culture and demographics of giving is creating some turmoil, but is also prompting new ideas and methods of conducting the work and engaging with donors.
Christian NGO dedicated to helping children in need by providing food, health and educational aid
Global Digital Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day would involve communicating with team members globally in various time zones. I further enhanced my interpersonal skills by interacting with people in 23 different countries on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was aligning 23 offices in different countries to align with one common strategy.

The most enjoyable part of working at World Vision was having the opportunity to apply my subject matter expertise towards achieving a global content management strategy.
Pros
Telecommuting, Interacting with people all over the world
Cons
De-centralized management and culture
Usually stressful environment. Politicking is normal.
Country Representative (Former Employee) –  MonroviaAugust 27, 2015
The mission of the organisation is great. Poor people greatly benefit from the work. Co-workers tended to be political. There was usually too much work making it difficult to balance work/family life.
World Vision is an amazing place to work
Global Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJuly 21, 2015
World Vision International is absolutely a wonderful place to work. the culture of the company is very friendly. WVI has more of a problem getting employers to take time off than to get them to work because no one wants to take time off, due to the fact that they love their job.
Great mission but lacking in leadership
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 17, 2015
The mission of the organization is great and they do wonderful work around the globe. However the leadership and career development to maintain quality people and drive improvements is poor.
Pros
Meaningful work, travel
Cons
No work life balance, poor leadership
Religious and warm organization
Area Development Manager (Former Employee) –  EAST NUSA TENGGARA (INDONESIA)March 30, 2015
We pray everyday before and after the work.

So it gives a significant base for our actions in daily basis.

It reminds us that we have to work for the sake of humanity.

People also kind and supportive.

Some hard decision still need to be made, after all, we all have to work professionally.

So if you are bad, some managers will not hesitate to fire you.