World Vision Employee Reviews

collaborative
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  addis abebaFebruary 6, 2018
world vision is one of the leading humanitarian relief and development company in the world.they do transformation all projects in education , health, food security.
compassionate warm environment
PBS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 31, 2018
Non profit organization helping children world wide. I worked as a Temp and was treated from day one with respect and like I was a regular employee that had worked there for many years. It was honestly the most calm, supportive environment I have ever worked in.
Exciting working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Randburg, GautengJanuary 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment where one can learn a lot of new things. Office has a sense of community and makes you feel welcomed. Able to learn a lot of new skills on the job
Pros
ability to learn on the job
Cons
travelling distance from home
not clear for me
Health and HIV Response Officer (Former Employee) –  KombolchaDecember 20, 2017
What I learned from WVE is working with communities and other stakeholders closely and the good time I spent was morning devotion time and participating in helping the most vulnerable children and the poor.
I didn't face any hard time in my stay.
Great place to work and impact lives of children/families around world
Executive Director, Global Strategic Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2017
World Vision does amazing work in the field globally supporting children and families providing what is needed to end poverty cycle.

Most enjoyable part of role was work in the field and meeting families whose lives were being positive changed by World Vision
World Vision
Seasonal Donor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 27, 2017
Answering calls, calling out to donors and managing accounts. Time management. Management was excellent. Workplace culture was fantastic. The hardest part was the competitive framework. The competitive framework was the best part.
Balance between work and home
IT System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98101November 8, 2017
What I learned, is with a company whose moral standards match with my own living standards, there can be balance between work and home. This makes it possible to enjoy work, and home equally.
Recommendation
Global Operations HRIS Analyst and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CANovember 8, 2017
I worked at World Vision as an HRIS Analyst full-time (More than 5 years). It is a very collaborative and innovative place.

Employees share a passion - a very great passion - for the mission. The respect that World Vision shows its program beneficiaries, donors and employees is impressive. World Vision's love and respect for children permeates throughout the organization.
Pros
Christian organization that's stands for its belief to feed, educate, and create self sustaining communities. People are loving and caring.
Cons
It takes time to move about within the organization. A person can move quickly through connections, or being part of a clique. It's unfortunate, there are many employees who are unable to apply their skills, because of this internal issue.
A true school for fundraisers
Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working at World Vision. Every day was enjoyable connecting with donors and the meetings with management were always educational and uplifting. Sad that the organization had to close the offices where I was located due to the crisis in 2008.
The most enjoyable part was to know that your work was making a difference in the world
Productive and fun for youth
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 10, 2017
If you're looking for something to get your youth to work together and get in some volunteer hours, you should consider going to World Vision to enhance their hours.
community outreach person
Community Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
My job was to do outreach in community World vision works with community partners to help make life better for children.share information,workshops,set up resource tables at events.
Pros
meeting new people and gaining partnerships
Cons
there was no cons
Excellent organization
Subject Matter Expert - Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 10, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this organization for the past 11 years. What can I say, It's a wonderful cause. You learn so much about what's going on in the world and also get to meet extraordinary people.
Fun and rewarding.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVAugust 6, 2017
It is a freat place to work. If you are willing to work, and work hard, many great opportunities and benefits will present itself. A lot of fun with rewarding benefits.
It was perfect until layoff
Marketing Project Administrator / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 21, 2017
Scheduled working routine is good no pressure often.

Learned different type of marketing and its method.

Workplace is great for Christian background people. Found very nice people in the org.

Hard: Layoff process was very unpleasant with no specific reason explained of eliminating the position.

Praying and worship in your job is a plus.
Pros
Good working environment / Benefit
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 16, 2017
Love working at World Vision, it is a respectable environment and their really welcoming. It's a great place to work at especially if you want to work at a warehouse.
Pros
Jokes
Cons
Stay on your feet, always has something to do
Healthy environment that builds a better world for children.
Mid Donor Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day starts with arriving, clocking in, grabbing coffee, and getting right to it. Checking emails, replying as needed, and then start calling my donors. Daily staff devotions are usually at about 9am for about 20 minutes, and this helps to bond the team as a motivated collaboration of fundraisers. The hardest part of the job is seeing the need daily and wishing we could do more. The most enjoyable is that we are part of something much bigger than ourselves for a much bigger reward.
Pros
Daily Staff Devotions, Weekly Chapel, Fellowship
Incredible work environment
Temporary Donor Contact Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 3, 2017
World Vision had one of the best work environment of anywhere that I have seen. The only reason I did not receive benefits was because I was a temporary agent, but my coworkers who were staying there longer received great benefits. Not only is there a wonderful work/life/mental health balance there, but they have an incredible way of showing God's love to the children they are working to take care of, the donors who give to this cause, and to the workers who make it all happen. I highly recommend this organization!
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVJune 22, 2017
A typical day would include our mission group going to the work cite we were assigned and fixing it. We would repair houses. I learned how to work many tools. The best part of the job was when we got to take a break. We got to play many outdoor games.
A good environment and strong community, but a poor opportunity for advancement
DCS Merge Team / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WA 98063June 22, 2017
World Vision is a good environment and strong community, but a poor opportunity for advancement and internal development. It is a good place for entry-level experience but not for achieving future goals in a pursued area.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours, good community
Cons
not a great opportunity to move, not the best management
Political Nightmare
CRM Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 21, 2017
The staff that have existed in WV for decades are entrenched and strive daily to be responsible for nothing. Days are consumed in meetings and walking around with a stack of paper is perceived as being busy. The mission of World Vision (feeding children) is highly commendable, but the management is disengaged and wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars on shadow projects.
Pros
Helping Children around the world
Cons
The internal management structure is severe need of a mass wipe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Vision. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight