World Wide Tech Services Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience
warranty repair technician (Former Employee) –  RI and nearby MA and CT>January 6, 2018
You need to be certified and the company provided free virtual training. While you were not paid for the time involved in taking the courses, the certifications are helpful to have.

Typical day involved receiving online work orders, scheduling appointments with clients then providing on-site tech support. Customers were usually great but the problem was that you needed to travel between appointments and sometimes the tech issue took longer to fix than anticipated so you either had to schedule in more time or call upcoming client to say you were running late and hope that fit their schedule. Many days involved being on the road for business 6-7 hours and only being paid for the onsite time of 2-3 hours due to the distance between appointments.
Pros
Upgrading skills, meeting nice people
Cons
Hard to make a living wage
Great opportunity to learn your state, people, businesses, and technical experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MADecember 22, 2017
It's a contract company for numerous computer companies where you Install, replace different parts, troubleshoot different problems with each vendors.
Pros
Access to a lot of computer parts or tools that can help you and others
Cons
Part time gets no benefits, customers can be angry before arrival due to Tech Support, or angry because you're busy, too far and can't reach them quickly.
Poor management, lack of direction and organization
Helpdesk/Network Technician & Manager (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VANovember 4, 2017
WWTS has a long history of poor management with very little direction for employees and company as a whole. Big disappointment with the care and consideration from management for employees' needs.
Pros
PTO Time made available, 2 weeks to start
Cons
No management/employee communication channels, in fact, communication seems to be non-existent from management to employees
Work could be physically hard at time
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work. The management was easy going and easy to work for. The work itself could get physically demanding at times. Had to use a ladder to climb on roofs and carry equipment up. You worked outside in the cold and heat. For the pay it was not worth it.
Pros
Worked independently for the most part.
Cons
Working in the weather and carring heavy equipment, low pay
Company change for the worse
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 25, 2017
It was a contract job you only got paid when you got service call.theyonly paid $30 per call.I was only getting 2-3 a week.cant make a living off of that
Pros
Freedom
Cons
no call management
Good place to work if you like computer tech work.
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA 01876October 18, 2017
Good place to work if you like computer systems and you like to work at business and customer locations and problem solving abilities. Travel is necessary and you meet many different people and cultures some people are helpful some not being prepared to allow adequate space for the tech on location to conduct business practice and repair of the machine in a certain amount of time.
Work can be very busy and appointment scheduling is critical for customer convenience sometimes outside of the technician's hour's.
Tech support is there and adequate and supervisory is available when needed if problems arise when applicable from time to time.
You need a good vehicle and the reimbursement could be somewhat better with a good insurance carrier coverage and preventative maintenance coverage reimbursement.
Some time's this can be a quick based situation dealing with customers due to the nature of the business, somewhat stressful with problems customer have with computers also the tech with travel, logistics, unexpected circumstances and expectations from customers and WWTS challenging but manageable.
Pros
Training available when you have time to advance your career.
Cons
Cancelled calls from customers, wrong directions, late hours when unexpected.
Pretty Cool
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
You work on your own. Very little management involvment. Always communicate via email or text. Cant really get management on the phone. Human resouces is really helpful.
Good schedule, part time good entry level technical.
Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 17, 2017
Good entry level job to get your hands on the basic IT world.
Does required a lot of driving, gas etc.
Sometimes you drive to the site for nothing if the client is not available for service.
Schedule would vary. Ended up paying for my own gas and time due to the restrictions they put on mileage.
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Sometimes I would drive 2 hours for a job that took 15 minutes to complete and that would be my only job for the day and I wouldn't get fully reimbursed for gas or time driving back to my house.
Pros
Good temp job
Cons
Reimbursement and lack of consistent work
Fast pace work setting
In Field Break/Fix Technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 24, 2017
Had a great time working there as an intern in the warehouse. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the work that they do, and that employees have good facilities and amenities.
Can't say much else!
Well, besides that I wish I could work there
A good place to start.
Field Specialist (P2) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2017
I started working at WWTS in Sept, 2016. I had read many bad employee reviews, but I am of the nature that those experiences may be subjective, and that I cannot just count the bad reviews written, I have to consider all the good experiences not posted.

This is not a bad job at all. They will give someone with little experience an opportunity. But understand this is the sort of work that you either learn to swim quick. or you will sink quicker.

The ticket to success with World Wide is understanding and following company policy and procedures. If you can do that, the technical aspect will come in time.
Pros
Training resources, Technical data available. Ability to shine
Cons
If you are not a self starter and need directive and structure, then it is not for you.
Enjoyable job, never a dull day!
Honors/ Volunteer Activities (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2017
The job involves contacting customers and traveling to their place of business or residence to repair their electronics. Typically technicians work alone and their cars are their offices.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long periods of driving
Fun place to work for a self motivated person
Certified Computer/Printer repair tech (Current Employee) –  Northeast PennsylvaniaFebruary 11, 2017
For the most part its a good job but to get a full time postion is hard. No benefits for part timer. ZYou have to use your own car and tools but you are compesatied by milage and time. IMost days are a simple 6 to 8 hours and normally no weekend hours.
Pros
Good Pay, East to work for bosses, and paid work phone.
Cons
You need your own car, some days you have long drives, advcement.
Not For All
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I was a 3rd party contractor, perhaps the inner sanctum is more sunny. I was in the dark about my schedule, ticket resolution, billing, etc,,,
I loved working with new customers and solving problems
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
working with qualxserve was a wonderful experience. it allowed me to flex my technical muscles daily and also gave me an amount of freedom as if running my own business.. they were wonderful with training and certifications which allowed me to excel in my job efforts.
Pros
certifications and online classes
Cons
no healthcare, pay by the job
Flexible Hours
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 12, 2015
Depending on your level of expertise this job offers you with flexible work hours. I was able to work full time for this company and still be able to have free time.
Good place to work when the hours are there
Senior Level Field Tech (Former Employee) –  MIAMI, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Good place to work when the hours are there> thos bosses are all decent but they can't do anything with out the work coming in,
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough others
Good Company
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Started work from house every morning.August 13, 2015
I learned a lot about Dell and IBM Servers, Laptops and Desktops and other varies equipment. Atlanta Area Co workers are friendly and very helpful. Bob Morgan and Shaun are a great local (Atlanta) Management team. Hardest part about the job is Upper management not understanding the reality of whats really going in the field on a day to day basis. The Most enjoyable part about the job is not being Micro managed by Bob and Shaun. They let employees do there job without Micro Managing!!
Great work enviroment. Great co-workers
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, GAJuly 16, 2015
Great working environment. great schedule control. Work load can be overwhelming at times. Recent change in business plan has decreased field service focus and created a down turn in volume of work.
Pros
Schedule control, meeting new people
Cons
Recent lack of work
Productive company
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Learned multiple different skills for a variety of computer/electronic types.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
unreliable hours