World Wide Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

WWT - Not bad, not great
Supply chain operations - Order Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2018
I could write a book on what’s it like to work here but I’ll keep it short and high level.

All companies will have pros and cons and all employees have different wants and needs. This is based on me. I put emphasis on hard work and an atmosphere that rewards. If you want a few sentence summary it’s this. This company is not bad nor great. They fall somewhere in the middle and excel in some area while lacking in others. They are good at what they do and that is being a business to make a profit by negotiating low labor and material costs while up selling as much as possible to the end customer. Sad but it’s reality. Until the working class decides to pull together and push back together as one this is how it will be.

A bit on the company from my perspective.

WWT is stable and I’m sure they will be around for a while. They serve big hitters in retail, banking, government and much more. They might(see my con as you will understand the might) also have excellent and affordable health insurance. Work/life balance will be dependent on your team and manager, not your position. I have colleagues in the same position working 7 hours a day and others 10-12. Same with management. Some are great, others not so much.

If these guys and gals would implement a rewarding pay structure and put the proper people in management they would really have something. Unfortunately the employees have been told this would happen for years now and it has not. I would have liked to see this happen as it would change my outlook on the company greatly. As it stands this place is not bad enough
  more... to jump ship immediately but not good enough that I don’t look for opportunities elsewhere.  less
Pros
Affordable and excellent insurance options but please read my con. Stable company and business.
Cons
Open door policy. Sounds great but be careful providing feedback here, Management - seem to promote on friendship and cliches. Salary, it’s low. About 12k below average. Guess this is why my healthcare seems affordable, I’m essentially buying it with a lower salary
Productive management needs change for soe departments
Production team (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work but they worry to much about the little things , pay is great and emplyess as well but theres still alot of room for improvement overall i would recommend
Industry leading company focused on bringing proven technology solutions to their customers.
Account Exec. / Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
Excellent company that provides unlimited personal and professional growth potential. Senior management is very focused on employee satisfaction. Very flat organizational structure provides short communication path to senior management.
Pros
Excellent benefits, unlimited earning potential, outstanding technical resources.
Cons
Based in St. Louis
Growing quick but has lots to figure out
Data Center (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2018
Management was very misdirected. Not many learning opportunities and advancement seemed contingent on participation in after work social activities. The offices were nice but working conditions were difficult.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Misdirected mangement
Fast paced and unorganized.
Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYJuly 13, 2018
Inspected, gauge and CMM parts.Sign off on parts to be shipped. Learned how to run and program CMM machines. Management needs to get organized and more involved. Fast paced and unorganized. Lifting cast iron parts. The people.
Good Place to Start a career
Command Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
The company is good, has a good culture and seems to genuinely care about its employees. There is no real difference in treatment between full time employees and contracted agents which is really nice. Everyone feels like they are part of the team. The
atmosphere feels colaborative and even tier 1 agents are given a voice in department matters, including participating in on-boarding and hiring interviews.
Pros
Good people, good culture
Cons
Few opportunities for growth and advancement
Productive and fun work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
There are some many opportunities for everyone, Some are Technology based and some are not, which makes it stands out. Its one of the best companies to work in the world and Glassdoor even thinks so.
overall, good company to work for
Customer Logistics Manager (CLM) (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 5, 2018
overall, good company to work for; worked in an offsite location; difficult to have the company values in a location that the company did not own outright. enjoyed the job and the people.
Really a Great Place To Work
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2018
If you're looking for a great tech job in the Midwest and can make it to St. Louis or already live here, this is the best company to work for in the area. Middle management are a bunch of hacks but there isn't a thick layer of them like at other corporations. Both the executive team and the normal day-to-day are amazing: there are really great people here who make it exciting and innovative to come into work everyday.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance
Great Place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
Great place to work an for job advancement..people are great environment is awesome would love to work the management is awesome an the employees really do care about company
Great place to work.
ITC Technician (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 23, 2018
Even though I was only a temp I really felt at home here. The working environment was top notch and management was always willing to help you out. If given the opportunity I would definitely return.
May 30, 2018

Thank you! I hope we're able to work together again. Best of luck.

Great company to work for
Senior EUC Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2018
I worked on a temporary project, the work itself was demanding due to the nature of the contract but overall it was a great experience. The internal WWT engineering team was very competent starting with the manager down to the team leads and engineering staff. Really cool down to earth professionals who take pride in their work.
May 30, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and thanks for your time working with us.

nice and fast pace learning
Image Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
i loved working here, it was so happy, full, learning environment in the programing computers, servers, and laptops for company. it place where and growing and into different fields.
Pros
moving up
Cons
being on feet alot
Productive work place for those who love marketing
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  KingstonMarch 12, 2018
Being use to the healthcare environment and helping people. Its a bit difficult sitting at the desk typing all day. it very boring. limited people to interact with just answering the phone create invoice or quotation and email or request purchase order to be delivered. But that is just about me there are other employee who love and enjoy their job 24/7.
Pros
Discount on electronics
Cons
Small pay if you dont sell to make commission
High Pace
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2018
They mak eyou find your own job in the company. Its not a bad place. But i dont see it as the employee's job to look for work in the own company..i mean really.
Terrible place to work
supply chain (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 23, 2018
at first they draw you in and make you think this place is going to be different, but you will quickly learn that the people there are very cliquish. Management preaches about culture but they dont practice what they preach. I worked in the office and this was probably my worst professional experience.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
April 13, 2018

Thank you. Hopefully some of your concerns have been addressed as a result of "town halls" which took place earlier this year. Good luck.

Great Place to Work
Global IT Solutions Integrator - Network Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Highly Collaborative workplace with great, professional leaders. Some of the brightest people I have ever had the pleasure working within the IT industry.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Company growing fast and trying to keep up with change controls.
Great place poot management
Aerotek Temp (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 10, 2018
They like to play favoruites, be careful with what you say and who you say it too. If you're a women and wear spandex, you're instantly a winner in their eyes.
Fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 6, 2018
I loved working there very family oriented held family events always feed you and a lot of opportunity if you struggle they will work with you to get the job done
Pros
always fed you
Cons
very cold in the winter time
great place to work
Lead Rack and Stack Technician (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 6, 2018
The summary of " great place to work" is all needs to be said. No one out there could close to the environment of WWT.
Always a great day at work and Management is TOP notch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Wide Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight