World Wide Technology

widecoretechnologyculturewarehouseleadershipbenefitcontractor

WWT is a Great Place to Work

Featured review

World Wide Technology selected this as a representative review
WWT has an amazing culture. Sr. Leadership truly cares about the employees. Benefits are the best in the industry and have remained steady for almost 20 years on cost to employees. Remote work is supported unless you are a "front line" worker.

Pros

Benefits, culture

Cons

Services growth slower than anticipated

The benefits package is amazing, and insurance rates are super low

If you work in a warehouse, there is opportunity all the time for overtime. Sometimes, it may conflict with your personal life. They have their core values, but there are Company Politics that are everywhere.

World Wide Technology insights

• Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Unsurpassed culture

Limitless opportunities to succeed. Exec management truly cares about the culture and promotes diversity and good-valued employees. Maintains a team mentality of success.

Grew Too Fast, Culture Suffering, Good People leaving

Company grew too fast. We work very hard, we **used** to play hard too. Covid took that away, and now culture is suffering, leaders have no clue how to get it back. They think making mandatory in-office days is the way, when many teams are remote. We used to get people together, we used to spend money to make money. WWT's three-legged stool (Profit, Growth, Great Place To Work) -- now has one massive leg... Profit.

Benefits

Cons

Leadership (nepotism), Middle/Higher managers aren't people leaders, they are all focused on profit.

OK place to start an IT career

Overall people were very nice, bosses are understanding, but advancing (or at times getting any work whatsoever) seemed too dependent on being in the right clique. Pay is on the low end and seniority/knowledge base/work ethic are all overshadowed by being with the right people.

Pros

good group of people

Cons

little room to advance, micromanagement of tasks

What is the best part of working at the company?The friends I madeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managers that had no idea what they were doing, no structure, micro managing, no trustWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Chaotic, stressful, unorganized, you are being watched non stop. Don't go to the bathroom too long. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Clock in at 5am on the dot, not a minute late or you get written up. You have a kpi to meet for the day yet there is no product to work. Your main concern for the day is not being a minute late from any break or lunch. And don't stay anywhere too long or you will get talked to.

Great benefits

The management and leadership encourage us to practice core values like trust , humility, honesty, integrity, embrace change, and team player. Yet, don't practice what they preach. Management changes rules regulations and procedures. Doesn't explain why. Tells you to embrace change. But when you disagree with their change and offer ideas because it henders production. They think it's push back and you get coached for it. The pay and compensation you get for you work is not matched. They do not consider inflation in wages or raises. You work hard . Get a pat on the back, but they will dispose you how they see fit because you are just a number if you don't agree with them at all times.

The culture is the best!!!

Lifer❤️ I love my team and my leadership. I have experienced a lot of personal and professional growth while with the company in a sense making me a better human being.

Benefits

Cons

Some areas have a lot of OT to get the job done.

Unreasonable amount of forced overtime

Do not recommend if you dont like forced overtime and excessive change to the nature of your job or possibly your schedule, even. Management is hit and miss, depending. Pay is below average, but the benefites are above average. Maybe better than average warehouse job, but the overtime is unusually excessive. They have no projective data and will string you along through mandates, indefinitely, with no clue about when it might stop but will, perhaps inadvertantly, mislead to you about it, at the same time. Dont recommend to people who enjoy work/life balance. The 3 day weekends are sadly infrequent, and the workload can be insane. They dont even have enough room or buildings to keep up with the work. But best coworkers and some of the nicest supervisors ive ever had. Culture is good. Would recommend to friend if they didnt mind having no life. Might get lucky if you stay away from receiving, but idk. I personally cant make a career out of a place that might mandate you 80% of year

Good in lots of ways but losing the best parts

The culture of the company used to be awesome and truly make it a great place to work every day, but over the years it's become more talk than action.

Great place to workLots of room to grow the people are awesome hours are great the balance between work and home life are great as well plenty of perks as well

Overall great work Environment and good benefits

Good work life balance, benefits - Insurance and PTO are great. If you are under the right manager things will go great. Cons: Very much a who you know environmentlower payslow advancement

Not a fun working place

Not a good company to work for. Management has no idea how to run a business. Management will also look you in the eyes and tell you what you want to hear with no intention of doing what they just told they would help you with. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Do not trust management

D and I is a joke. Do not trust middle management. It’s who you know not what you know. Watch for a woke environment and those who think they are above any normal hiring company.

Could be better

Its whatever they should get rid of the core values when they don’t even follow them themselves also management was kinda not good but otherwise it’s average

The scale of the company leaves a lot of the lower positions without any ability to deal with situations with nuance

Overall, the company has a clear direction and purpose that coincides with their core values. These core values are used as the foundation for the company at the highest levels but they tend to lose meaning when the reach the bottom. The positions at the bottom are not difficult work, but they leave much to be desired with the compounding minor frustrations. There is always room to grow but if you join this company, it would be best to do it after you've gained a good amount of professional experience or you may be stuck in a low position until you move on to another company.I am currently attempting to push forward within the company but there have been a nearly endless stream of hurdles that seem to appear out of nowhere. It's nearly impossible to move from one entry level position to another and the company leaves professional development up to the responsibility of the individual. There are resources available, but most of these resources can be found freely on the internet, and the more complex occupations have resources scattered in a confusing web of non-applicable articles and training courses.I am actively trying to improve both the company and the capacity of my role at the bottom for the rest of my peers, and I genuinely hope that I can change this review for the better in the future.

Pros

Good values, higher management/executives do their best to help

Cons

Communication at all levels, micromanaging, opportunities are only for those that work hard and are OVER qualified

Good independent job and relax work.

The job was easy and relaxed and self explanatory. Hours was great! management was terrible thou and not professional. I didn’t like also that you start out as a temp and have to wait over a year to get hired on hopefully.

The only thing that kept me there was the pay

If you think harassment is tolerable and an OK thing, this place is just for you! They would rather keep giving harasser chances and chances until they finally do something terrible, and are forced to fire them! The management doesn't care, and the culture is a cult. they give you empty promises of rolling you over, and you can't review on open door, unless you're a FTE. This place will drain your soul, keep away from this place. The only good thing that kept people going, they ruined. The benefits are no longer a reason to stay, and they'll protect there decision with company jargon until they evaded the valid questions.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Horrible Management, Terrible workplace environment, and will TOLERATE HARASSMENT

Fun and Great Place to work!

One of the greatest places I ever worked at. I came in as a temp and really enjoyed it. However my schedule at home prevented me from moving forward with the company! Still a great place to work and move!

Pros

No boss breathing down your neck, a friendly fun place to get work done

Cons

Attendance is super crucial. No room for error or mistakes.

Up and Down

Working at WWT can be a rollercoaster. At times, it’s great. The people have all been very nice and helpful throughout my time, but I’ve been lied to on when I could expect to see advancement in my career. They do not pay well enough for the work to be as stressful as it is.

Pros

Coworkers, Benefits

Cons

Pay, work-life balance

There’s a reason this place has been a great place to work for all for over 10 years. Honestly such a great place to work. Really not many complaints at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Wide Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight