WORLD Employee Reviews

World
Community Health Worker/Peer Advocate/HIV Tester (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 23, 2017
Love working with my clients giving practical support getting the clients back in care making sure there housed and helping with there mental issues.Just making sure there not alone in this WORLD
This is a very rewarding place to woek at
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2017
My Duties include the following - referral, linkage and advocacy contacts are not to be reported. Face-to-face and non-face-to-face contacts with treatment or service providers (including Intra-agency) for the purposes of monitoring customer attendance of scheduled physician/medication, therapy, rehabilitation, or other supportive service appointments.
Classes taught while at Hope
Positive Parenting, Anxiety 101, Discovery, Facing your feelings, Managing My Symptoms, Relapse Prevention, Healthy relationships. Majority of the Clients are Court ordered.
Pros
nice offices and people
Cons
salaries are not so rewarding
Nice place to work with
Community Health Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Women to the World, Athens, GAApril 19, 2017
Reallygreat place. I enjoyed working in this dynamic evironment. People are friendly. It really feels good to see other people's lives improve. Everyone at this company is trying to bring some positive changes in the communities they serve.
Church Organization
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2017
I was working as an executive assistant, which entailed of a lot of things. What I enjoyed most, was the traveling. Each year there was a special week that all churches of this specific denomination that would come together in unity
Its a great job
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 11, 2016
I liked working for the World Company and being a district manager, I also liked being a paper carrier for them and being my own boss. It is a great experience working for them.
Pros
Being outside, not your typical office desk work job
Cons
Healthcare, Hours weren't the best
World Translation Services
Bilingual Translator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Employs translators on a freelance basis and without being able to control location or hours. For this reason, work is inconsistent, the translators must make themselves available on a 24 notice, and more often than not, the project is too far away for the compensation rate to justify the translator's fee.
Pros
freelance - flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent projects
Work at your pace and on your time
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2013
This is a good company to work for if you're looking to work at home or with little supervision.
Pros
You work at your pace and make your own schedule
Cons
No job security/stability
Office Advocate
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2013
I learned scheduling procedures and credentialing varifications as well as scheduling allied health care professional for translation and laguage purposes to assist with patients in various place for specific conditions.
My co worker / office manager was great she was help ful and she always taken time out to assist when need, she had an open door policy as well as the physician.

The most enjoyable part was being a part of health services making a difference in people life.
Pros
Very Prompt with scheduling
Cons
sometimes had to wait for office to open to get computers up
Very demanding work place.
Machine Operator/Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2013
Everyday is a surprise,there are more responsibilities expected of us. Management differs from day to day,as well as co-workers/temps. Hours change weekly sometimes at any given moment.
Pros
on occasion company buys lunch
Cons
strong management team, interesting co-workers and fun work
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 4, 2012
Strong team values and plenty of room for growth
Clients appear to respect the management
Management values the staff opinion
get job done
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2012
work well with other,take job serious,gets along with manegers and co workers
Pros
benifits
Cons
no breaks with pay