Worlds of Fun Employee Reviews

Workplace
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2018
It was somewhat of a good place to work. It all depended on the day There were good days and there were bad days The bad days outweighed the good. One of the good things was that I was surrounded by friends.
Games Sales Assocaite (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2018
Working at Worlds of Fun is great. You meet plenty of great and fun to people to be around. But the management is basically untouchable. Many of they do not follow their own rules that they give out discipline for. Not only are they allowed to basically act and do what they want they all play heavy favorites as well. If it weren't for the management I would still be working there because I absolutely LOVED working there and the people I worked beside every single day. They do work their associates almost 50 hours a week, which I didn't mind, as well as there really is no benefits for a seasonal employee rather than work sponsored events.
its a part time job at a amusement park what do you expect
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
majority of employees are going to be below the age of 21 with only management and office staff being over 21 and most of management treat staff as children but not bad
Pros
easy work flexible schedule
Cons
low pay outside weather conditions
They need to be better organized and quite cheating their employees of money.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2018
They need to be better organized and quite cheating their employees of money. They expect to much for little pay. They promote people they like instead of people who actually put the work in. They also promote family first. They alter your hours so you don’t get paid for the time you worked.
Enjoyable environment
Screamster (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
Honestly loved working here. The job I did was a little rough on my out of shape body but it was fun and I very much enjoyed it. I would have loved to continue working here the next season.
Pros
Free entry to park on days off
Cons
Short breaks
Great first job.
RIDE OPERATOR/HAUNT TALENT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2018
This was a great first job with great people to work with. The only problem was the long hours, with little to no breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the smiles and laughs on peoples faces, as you made their day, by scaring them.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable job, with great people.
Cons
No benefits and long hours.
It was cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2018
It was pretty chill just a lot of people. You get used to it after awhile as long as you don’t get distracted during rush hour because it was quite busy.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Really hot
work
Foods Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2018
it starts off okay then it just slowly goes by but at the same time things dont really change. I dont really like working there all to well because it will not be something I will do for the rest of my life
Pros
cool employees
Cons
managers
Worlds of Fun Greeter
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 1, 2018
This company is a good place for first time workers. The schedules are flexible and the training is good. I would recommend this to other students as a good summer job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
standing all day
Fun
Cook, cashier, cleaned, and customer service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2018
Worlds of Fun pushed you to your limits as a job and taught you new things. It was a good first job and if you work hard management tries to promote you as soon as possible.
seasonal amusement park work... enough said
Rides Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2018
This was a seasonal amusement park job starting at the end of spring and ending at the beginning of November. Pay was decent as was the work atmosphere considering it was an amusement park and therefore very fast paced and busy. Had teens in management at almost every ride so be prepared to be answering to a 15 or 16 year old as your supervisor. Job overall was fun and enjoyable and you got a free membership to the park all season.
Pros
free park membership and decent pay
Cons
short breaks considering you have to walk outside of the park to get to the break room, no set schedule, seasonal work
World's of Work
Foods Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2018
World's of Fun was alright to work at being that it was an amusement park and people from all over visit during the summer. However when you are stuck working in one section of the park, and are forced to hear the same music over and over, day after day, it can get old. Also it was saddening to see the amount of food waste (Perfectly good extra unsold food) they threw away instead of donating to a local organization like Harvester's.
Pros
Park Discounts
Paid Well, but the heat isn't worth it
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64161May 10, 2018
Honestly, I kinda loved working here. The pay was nice, and it was pretty chill, only thing that was bad was the fact that at the ride that operated, it was a regular thing for people to throw up on the ride, so we would have to clean it up. And the fact that you're outside for long periods of time without water sometimes, you get kinda lightheaded, especially when it's one of the hottest days of the year. Also the managers would almost never answer your emails, but other than that, it was fine.
Pros
Free Entry of the Park
Cons
Short Breaks, Hot Outside
fun place to bring your kids
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2018
typical work day at worlds of fun i come into work and it's already hot but i come into work grab a till bag and go to my assigned spot log into the computer and greet guest sell tickets an make sure they have a great time coming in an leaving worlds of fun
Pros
free food
Cons
hot uniform
Tough, long
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  4545 Worlds of Fun Ave, Kansas City, MO 64161April 25, 2018
It was extremely long and seemed to take forever. The management never seemed to care for the the employees. I once called three times for a restroom break and over an hour later, another employee happened to walk by and I was able to relieve myself. But it took nearly 2 hours and nearly had an accident on multiple occasions.
Cons
long shifts. no bathroom breaks. long commute.
Job review
Wardrobe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2018
It was my first job. Enjoyed most of the people i worked with. It was a fast paced position which I liked. Managers were kind and helpful. Had flexible hours
Mess of Management
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
As a lead housekeeper I was in charge of 40 cottages and cabins ensuring the cleanliness the breakdown and the reset of them due to the end and beginning of the season. The current management changed hands three times during that small window and was unable to get the materials that I needed to perform my job. I requested proper supplies and employees to help with the workload and was unable to get an answer due to a lack of a manager over our department. We were not given proper equipment we had no management and was unable to fill request of guests due to this lack of Direction which included no cleaning supplies no laundry and no employees. I am able to do a lot of things but I am not able to be more than one person and when I put forth all of my effort recreating a list of needs it was taken by my supervisor and treated as her own and this disagreement cause me to not wish to be employed with them due to the lack of integrity and overall concern for safety cleanliness and guest services.
Pros
Able to work autonomously, or in a group, we had mostly disabled employees, that were the best people I ever met in my life.
Cons
A lack of Integrity in management, a overall disarray of the daily needs to do the job not being met, but still expected to do the job, no appreciation
Good if you're not at the bottom of the chain
Customer service interactions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2018
Thankfully for me, working at Worlds of Fun was not my first job so I already knew my way around the customer service and cashiering world. Thankfully I only worked in a shop for a week or so before being moved to the warehouse. I LOVED IT. Within 2 months I was running the place and had received a almost 4$ an hour raise since I started working. Unfortunately I had to quit because of school, but I was offered an even higher position before I left. The only real downside is there are very few full time positions. Even as a manager working 50+ hour weeks. I was still a part time employee because the park is only open for part of the year. And every year most employees are new hires and first time workers so It's always a long adjustment process.
Everyday
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2018
Everyday would clock in find what store i was put at and go get things set up and log in to the system make sure stuff was stocked the night before, after that it was just helping customers with what they needed it was fun talking and interacting with them.
Rides Associate- it wasn't the worst
Rides Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2018
In essence, it's a job. If you need money, it will work. The job doesn't take a lot of brain power, but in extreme heat and cold, it will wear you out. Furthermore, the communication or lack thereof between management and the associates is atrocious. That and it seemed that management didn't particularly care or want to deal with situations the associate couldn't handle (ie. a child defecating in the playhouse, a ride's hot seat scalding a guest, a worker having heatstroke). Still, the job does come with the benefits of decent pay, cheap food, free tickets (if you're willing to roll into work on your day off), and sometimes a few good friendships. Overall, I wouldn't stop anyone from having a go at a Rides Associate job at Worlds of Fun, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to a friend either.
Pros
Cheap Lunch, Free Admission, Work Experience
Cons
Unpaid Mandatory Breaks, No Schedule Consistency, Management Indifference, Long Hours Alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worlds of Fun. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight