WORLDWIDE BUSINESS RESEARCH Employee Reviews

5 star company across the board
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Very rarely do you find a global organization with a small town vibe, but that is exactly what WBR has created! They have a relatively strict "promote from within" policy, and so they put great emphasis on ongoing training and development. The location is next to grand central terminal, near a plethora of food and clothing stores, work gets out at 5:30 on the dot, kitchen is stocked with grab-n-go snacks, and views of midtown surround you. Oh, and did I mention you get to attend some of the biggest conferences on the planet, literally? Employee performance is definitely recognized and rewarded.
Pros
Supportive environment, competitive salary, and great location
Cons
Website could be cleaner/better branding
June 14, 2018

Thanks for the 5 star review! We definitely work hard to be one of the best companies out there. We appreciate the acknowledgment and hope you continue to have an exceptional career with our WBR family!

Fun and laid back, great work enviornment
Part-Time Digital Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I was only an intern there but I had a really pleasant experience with everyone I met there. I learned a lot and they really wanted to help me better myself and prepare me for the next chapter in my life.
June 13, 2018

We're pleased to hear you had such a pleasant experience with WBR. We pride ourselves on culture and building people up so they can be great!

Wbr
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
The company is a great starting point for career advancement. Everything is done manually and you have to get your hands dirty. Unfortunately, it is difficult to move up unless someone leaves and even then it is not guaranteed you will advance.
June 13, 2018

We certainly think WBR is great starting point to learn, explore, grow, and ask questions. We've moved towards automating a ton of tools, so things are less manual than they once were; still need to "get your hands dirty," though. In terms of advancement, we give every employee a clear picture, or ladder, of where they can be if they check the boxes and put forth the effort.

Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Good place to start a career, not great for long term progression. Nurtured as a starting employee but after a couple promotions will see salary and title promotion prospects dry out.
June 13, 2018

WBR definitely thinks a lot about where folks start, grow, and end up in their career. And the path is different for everyone. With that said, long term progression and "career path counseling" has been updated so folks understand next steps, both in terms of responsibility and compensation. We have one of the highest tenures of any event services company.

A typical day at work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
On a daily basis I coordinate strategic marketing plans to develop, implement and execut the core messages of our brands as we deliver strong corporate conferences to the marketplace.
June 13, 2018

Thanks for the 5 star review and we thank you for your continued support of our events, sponsors, and brands. Marketing and storytelling is at the core of WBR, and you're support helps us execute over 100 b2b corporate events!

Ok place. Business environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Good place to start and learn. Event planners have a lot on their hands. Great coworkers. Website work can be repetitive and dull. Content heavy sites.
Pros
Good location. Opportunity to advance depends on department
Cons
Pay could be better
June 14, 2018

Thanks for your review and we definitely understand the amount of work that goes into event planning. That's why we hire the best folks to do it! Our personal website and event sites are constantly being improved, retooled, and enhanced to better attract the right audience; shout out to our web team!

Lead the Sales and Marketing Efforts for the TradeTech Events
Divisional Director, Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2013
Excellent Company to work for. Amazing training and everyday was truly a joy!
Pros
Free Lunch, Big $$
June 14, 2018

Thanks for the 5 star review! We agree that WBR is an excellent company to work for and we've taken thoughtful steps to make it that way. Whether its challenging work, training and development, strong compensation, snacks and lunches, there are many reasons to work here and be part of our family!