Worldwide Clinical Trials
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews

clinicalstudylackprocesssupportteamtrainingyear

Home-based office only, not even knowing who is my co-worker. Presence controlled by colours in Teams. Fair salary, no career advancement expected.

Home-based office in my country only, without any team meetings, no feeling of belonging. New colleagues are rarely introduced at least by e-mail. Presence is controlled by colours in Teams and non-availability (even when travelling) is penalized. Competitive salary but no career advancement is expected. Employees are expected to come fully trained and experienced without need of continuous development.

Pros

home-based office

Cons

no development

Could be great… just isn’t

Management is out of touch and performance is based on a flawed metrics system. Days are long and employees are treated terribly. Very hierarchical - not every position is valued and you’re treated accordingly. Zero room for advancement unless you start at a very low level.

Pros

Nice new building to work in

Cons

Employee treatment and high turnover

Worldwide Clinical Trials insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

No advancement horrible management

Over the last 2 years the place has gone down. No advancement they take forever to fix issues with your pay. Lack of communication and if you say something you are now a target.

Okay place

This place needs a more work-life balance. Worked over 50+ hours being salary. However, would be a good company to start and grow with. Some management needs more work.

A very high pressured job. No work balance life.

The company is only interested in their bottom line. Line managers are more interested in the number of visits scheduled in EDC. There training consist of watching videos or reading training material. Everything is trial and error.

No Management

Management either doesn’t know what they are doing or is non existent. I have never seen clinical trials run so poorly. It feels like a fire drill everyday with no one in charge to give direction. No one takes responsibility for their role so tasks trickle downhill or don’t get done. The pay scale is on the extremely low side especially for contractors. Beware of their pay model it’s a trap.

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

No support, you are set up for failure from your first day

The people were really nice to work with.

My experience was that management was a total disaster. It was non-existent. There were no systems in place and absolutely no way to get on board with the process, it was achieved through trial and error. I could not even get a straight answer on how and where to submit my timesheet after asking my manager. I could never get an answer on how to use the ATS system but the manager was right there to tell me when I did something wrong.I can honestly say it was the worst contract assignment I have ever experienced. In the few months, I was there four (4) people had left that were in my role before me. Of course, I did not find that out until a few weeks later. Needless to say, It is not for everyone.

Pros

Great associates on my team

Cons

Lack of structure, or process, resulting in a lot of time wasted trying to figure things out without guidance

Fast paced, great learning opportunity, amazing staff

Fast paced environment, lots of flexibility with personal life needs, but very busy with high expectations. The employees are often very busy with many responsibilities. There has been high turnover that is concerning.

Caution !!! Nothing good about this place

Extreme caution when applying to this place they will paint you a very pretty picture and once you're in the door it's basically if you know you know and if you don't don't try and put your nose in it there's too much nepotism there's family members working with family members cousin sisters brothers significant others mothers and daughters so it's all about them watching out for their own so if you're an outsider you will get treated like an outsider and worse management will not help you if you try to make a change for the better you will be singled out and treated like the scum of the Earth. Once you get signed off on procedures you will be pushed and pulled every which Way so be prepared for the yo-yo treatment they expect you to leave your life behind this place will consume your every waking breathing moments

Straight forward job, but understaffed

They do a great job at training you and making sure you are confident and comfortable before turning you loose. However it seems they either have no studies in house or are extremely busy and packed.

Disorganized & low pay

Certain jobs are actually easy and quick to learn. Training was a bore. Pay was literally the lowest. It’s only worth it picking up bonus hours. Scheduling is all over the place. They will have 2-3 people assigned to one location or no relief; so either way it was a mess. And PRN is not even what it’s suppose to be. They want you to be open.

Pros

Scheduling. Pay. Hours. Leaderships

Cons

Events.

very disorganized

The job was very boring and stressful. the pay was good at the time and I got some experience for my degree. However, the management do not want the lower ups to suceed.

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad management

Toxic work environment and EXTREMELY stressful

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I was extremely overworked and was provided very little support. My manager offered little assistance on navigating their system or processes. When I reached out to him regarding a project he assigned he said " I don't know anything about the project I just assigned it to you. I have too much on my own plate". If I could give this company zero stars I would. Management is rude, condescending, and micromanages. Please be cautious. They have zero respect for others. I have never been treated so poorly.

Pros

Can't think of any.

Cons

Condescending managers with nasty attitudes, overworked employees, stressful, non supportive

Wonderful CRO

I am very happy at Worldwide Clinical Trials. There is a sense of community here that I love and an atmosphere where your ideas are heard. Management is very professional and my interactions have all been positive.

Pros

sense of community, work/life balance, management

Cons

Growing pains, heavy middle management, extremely poor training

A work from home setup, a few nice and intelligent coworkers, and a decent compensation and benefits package was strongly overshadowed by overbearing, abusive middle managers, lack of established processes, zero training, poor collaboration across departmental silos, and a never-ending barrage of work that needs to be accomplished yesterday using resources (read: “people*) that don’t exist. Perhaps a good place to learn if you can tolerate the constant abuse and a 24/hr work day to keep your head above water (only applies to those at the first-line manager level and below - if you can get in above that then you’ll be sitting pretty until a scapegoat is needed to rectify a “situation”. Extremely high turnover at the director level contributes to lack of interdepartmental organization and structure.

Pros

Wfh, benefits, salary, a few nice coworkers to commiserate with

Cons

Helicopter slave-driving middle managers, lack of organization and training, poor work life balance

Great colleagues, responsive people

Can be hectic at times , but our group is supportive and has team spirit . We get listened to and can improve processes , to have more efficieNt ways of working

Pros

Motivation to succeed, quick and agile

Cons

High workload

Overpromise - Underdeliver

Lots of work coming in - not enough staff. Lots of positions/team members are working over 1.0 FTE due to staffing issues. Line managers don’t often support their staff & do not have good knowledge of what their team’s job entails. Lack of training & no onboarding process. Project management & site management are 2 different departments & lack of communication between the two. Culture of blame & upper management completely disconnected. Underbid & overpromise on studies - when it cannot happen, project management & team gets blamed. It was chaos from the start & on every team I was assigned - each one seemed worst than the last if that’s possible. Stay away.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Fast paced and great coworkers

I was welcomed with open arms and everyone is always so willing to help. I love that its a little bit of everything however Communication isn't the greatest honestly. Changes are made to the master schedule and you dont find out about it until it is already too late so now you're behind on what you need to do because you weren't told.

Pros

Great co workers, always have someone to help you out

Cons

Lack of communication

Extreme workload

Pros: Good compensation, benefitsCons: Extreme workload, under-experienced project managers and line managers, difficult to reach IT or get a response, nonfunctional systems, confusing/nonexistent processes, culture of blame

Toxic chaos

This is a great place if you're fresh out of college and looking to learn about bioanalysis and GLP. If you have an advanced degree or looking to be fairly compensated, keep on going. Benefits are good and coworkers are great, but management has been in shambles for two years. One senior management member who's been with the company for less than a year is currently trying to do the job of three open upper management positions. There is next to no support or leadership from our current president. Two upper managers openly hate each other and create a completely toxic, dysfunctional environment. Impossible time lines are handed out by inexperienced managers, equipment is old and run down, they are critically understaffed and employee recognition is non existent. Their COVID policy is immoral and unethical. They would rather us stay in the dark and keep working than be informed and safe. Unlimited PTO is a complete lie, a bookkeeping maneuver to reduce debt. HR does nothing to improve conditions. Morale has never been so low.

Pros

Wonderful staff (not management)

Cons

low pay, toxic management

Hazzing/Unfair and Unethical Business Practices

With a background in Psychology, the job duties were interesting, however the work culture allows hazzing and unethical business practices. Keep in mind we are dealing with individuals’ medical information, however many of the senior representatives would alter files if they didn’t “like” the volunteer. Horrible communication between this location and the San Antonio, condescending attitudes and unclear job duties and unclear

Pros

Off on weekends

Cons

Everything else, no health benefits

Common questions about Worldwide Clinical Trials

Answered by current and former employees at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Clinical Trials. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight