Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work.
Analyst II - Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
Most people there are pleasant to work with, but management seems a little out of touch. Area I worked in does not seem very financially stable and is undergoing a lot of upper management changes. Had sudden layoffs with no warning.
Not a good company to work for.
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 5, 2018
This company had a serious issue with over utilization of the CRAs. No work-life balance at all.
Poor leadership.
Failure to maintain CRA regionalization.
Overloading of assignments.
Cons
See Summary
Not Bad
Clinical Trial Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 15, 2018
Not that great either. Company lack's uniform processes across numerous business lines. Could be a lot better but it is what it is in this environment.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of uniform processes
Many teleconferences
Clinical Operations, Worldwide Clinical Trials (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2018
Stressful and lack of collaboration- does not create positive work culture. Client relationships are positive. No real regionalization in the clinical group. Lack of technology
Pros
Office culture good
Cons
Political
Unpredictable hours
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2018
The staff and management is great. The staff treats you like family and the work isn't difficult. However, the work is unpredictable. You would be lucky to get more than 19hr/week. Some shifts consist of coming in for only 1-2hours. I wouldn't say this job holds much financial security.
Pros
friendly staff, pay/hr
Cons
lack of hours, upredictable hours
Not invested in employee growth; mixed up values
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 12, 2018
Worldwide does not support the growth of its employees. Actions speak louder than words. Lots of upper management promotions, nothing for the ones in the trenches. Some employees are held to different standards than others. Not an even playing field. No sense of teamwork. Though these things are supposed to be the main values of the company :(
Good Start, Rocky Finish
InHouse CRA/ Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 30, 2017
I was brought into a new training program that sounded very promising but in the end didn't deliver. The company had a great culture during the time I worked there until the last months before my departure. Management stated they wanted to hear our ideas but didn't take any advice and still stuck to their agenda. The majority of my coworkers were all solid individuals with great work ethics but in the end our efforts came up short when it was time to be awarded bonuses.
Pros
flexible, our medical benefits stayed the same rate for 2 years and good coworkers
Cons
Pet Healthcare (this should have never became an option), new management came in and cleaned house and still placed the company in an unfavorable position, promoting individuals who lacked the experience to move up
I enjoyed going in and learning the research aspect,interacting and getting to meet new people everyday. Days were very busy, but i love what i do.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
The hardest part of my job, there was some days were more than 12 hours.One of the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet people of all works of life.
If you are a pharmacist... DONT Waste your time
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxApril 18, 2017
Horrible place to work, just look to the job turnover for evidence. Absolutely no work-life balance. WCT investigators and project managers will NOT respect your time, professional opinion, your license, or concerns (the company also has issues with respecting DEA and FDA in regards to pharmacy). All this company cares about is making money.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Employees not treated fairly
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
Overworked. Short staffing. High workload. Very busy at times then at times not busy at all. Constant moving around staff internally without making jobs available to all. Favoritism amongst staff.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overworked

Want to know more about Worldwide Clinical Trials?

Ask a question
Failing Mediocre CRO - What You Really Should Know
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 7, 2016
While the recruiting team and management will sell you "pipe dreams" to make it seem like you'll have a promising career in a fun and inviting environment, it is a ploy. Management is grasping at straws to grow the company while losing clients and employees, left and right because it doesn't invest in or show they value their employees.

While a couple of departments are actually run by decent managers, it's upper management that continues to push employees for more hours but with little recognition or appreciation outside of an occasional free lunch. If you're a part of support departments like IT or admin services, you are dispensible and under appreciated. Most of the PMs lack knowledge and the CTAs could do a better job running their own studies.

Though you may make genuine connections among line employees, Worldwide Clinical Trials is full of nepotism, politic playing and office romances. No company is perfect and you'll find much of these things in other organizations but do yourself a favor and work somewhere where everyone is valued, appreciated and shows integrity by keeping the promises they make upon recruitment. If you do decide to work there, utilize it as a stepping stone, mind your own business, don't tell anyone about yours, and be prepared to work your butt off.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
Lack of structure/organization, upper management that doesn't really care about employees, mediocre benefits
Up and COming CRO
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2015
Worldwide is an up and coming CRO with great possibilities. Some Upper Management doesn't know what they are doing but overall decent company to work for.
work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2015
I was provided with excellent training to be a customer service representative, I made outbound and inbound calls. scheduling appointments and confirming in patient and outpatient arrival. Loved the work environment and people!
Awsome
Phlebotomist Part Time (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
I loved working here. The are very flexible and family orientated company. I didnt want to leave but had to go where my husbands job relocated him.
Pros
hated to work at 3a.m.
Cons
Happy enviroment
A typical large CRO
Sr. CRA (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 13, 2014
This company tries to tell you that they care about you and your time needs but don't believe it. The promise you everything till they got you in the door soon after you begin to see your work-load quadruple, your expenses not being paid and the management attitude. The management which is composed of all female staff is a constant battle within its ranks. All managers think that you are there to please all of their requests and keep THEM happy. They do not care about the contracts they have, about the PIs nor about each other. Is a constant backstabbing culture that you should avoid at all costs.
Cons
Horrible place to work for
Subject recruiter (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 15, 2014
If you are not a favorite with the manager, then you are not a part of the cook group. Double standards@
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Great Atmosphere, layoffs.
Technical Writer and Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed my year doing technical writing for WCT. Everyone in my department was very willing to help an employee in need, like completing a project during a time crunch, for instance. I also felt well compensated for the job requirements.
Pros
Good people, fair pay.
Cons
The number of layoffs lowered morale.
Very Fast Pace
Subject Advocate/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2014
If you love to be busy you will love it here. This is a great environment for Paramedics. There is a large PRN staff that really love what they do. This is a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good pay not difficult work
Cons
Alot of weekend work
Extraction-Lab
extraction lab (Former Employee) –  Austin north sideMarch 10, 2014
This company has a very high turn over rate and low pay. When I worked their half of the lab (about 15 people) were coming, fired, or on their way out and the other 15 people were some institutionalized. Almost no growth opportunities, unless you consider hangout in the extraction lab for 5 years just to look at LC/MS machine and that is only if your one of the best. The LC/MS lab has it made with really no obligations, so the work between the labs is highly unbalanced. The documentation or LIMS system they have is absolutely horrible. Learning this LIMS is composed of 3-4 different programs, some that only work when buttons or clicked in a way that doesn't crash the system. Inventory and weighing, aliquoting process is an art of black magic at this company along with their automated aliquoating machines. Learning from their lead tech was almost impossible and management had no backbone or leadership capabilities. This would be a good company if you had a doctorate degree and worked in the method development side. The buck or blame at this company is almost always directed in some form or fashion onto the lab techs, even though most of their methods are some what bogus. I hope this helps future applicants to consider the lab tech occupations at this company before applying, because of the tension, low job stability and high turnover rate.

Regards,
Pros
LC/MS lab has great pay
Cons
high turnover rate, no growth opportunists.
Love my job and my company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2014
There are many challenges in working for a CRO. The fast pace and the constantly changing environment can be challenging but are also rewarding. I've been in the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years and the people here have not only valued that experience, they have encouraged my professional and personal growth. I feel that management is available and open to ideas, suggestions, and reasonable complaints. I'm personally honored to work here and enjoy my job and the people that I work work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Comraderie, fast-pace, growth opportunities, on-site daycare
Cons
Lack of communication between laboratory and clinical locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Clinical Trials. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews by Location