Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews

Company with toxic work culture
CRA (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLFebruary 16, 2019
My life was miserable at WWCT.
I felt it on the very first day of work, by the tone of emails sent from the CTM to the whole CRA team, very unrespectful, unprofessional and lack of work ethics. I couldn't believe the colleagues were treated that way. Study team Email's sent by managers signed with angry emoticons were the Norm. Managers write in emails that they have to step on the witch stick to talk to CRAs as if it were funny.
I gave it the benefit of the doubt as I was new and thought it was just an isolated event. It got only worse. The TCs were a battlefield, managers were tiranus, stressed, unappreciative of the CRA team.
I got a calendar invite for a management meeting thinking I was genuinely and meant to be invited I logged in said my name and listened to the meeting it turned out I was not supposed to be included and got invited by mistake. The way managers talked about CRAs and colleagues was despicable. When they realized I was present, they asked me to log off and shortly after the CTA was fired.
CRAs were fired left and right, team members disappeared without notice making workload to Be assigned to me, with the premise that it was only temporarily. The reality was that It never was reassigned to someone else, manager said it was a light work load 20 sites to visit a month and 3 studies. Impossible.
Management bullies the employees, HR knows about it and allows it.
Micromanaging by the hour, creating fake issues trails that leads to made up performance improvement plans. With that work load no human being can keep up. Managers set up for failure as
  more... they over work people. Unrealistic bidding for studies to award sponsors: they pitch a CRA will bill only 1 hour per MVR , will travel to sites across all the US, monitor and also manage regulatory, eTMF filing by themselves without CTA support. Direct hired CRA are assigned 3 studies and are not paid traveling time, overnight, overtime, and travel from coast to coast.
Bilingual CRAs are assigned to translate ICF and QC translations for multiple studies while traveling to sites.
Overall the experience was a nightmare.
Pros
Not worth any of the benefits the quality of life you get
Horrible Place to work at
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Lots of knowledge to gain but management doesn't listen to your suggestion for improvement, let alone appreciating your input. Luck of knowledge in the area of expertise is much bigger and abundant. Medical Directors act as business men and the lack of care is disheartening. Positive suggestions for subjects safety is conflicted with business objective.
Pros
pay
Cons
Lack of clinical knowledge and attitude
New to the company
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 26, 2018
Tons of opportunity to use professional experiences and make a big impact on the business. A lot of highly skilled people here focused on making changes to create a very strong company. The employees I interact with are friendly and focused on doing their best work. I'm happy I made the decision to join Worldwide. The company is in growth mode and changes are being made to create a top tier organization. This can be a con for some, this was a huge selling point for me. I have an opportunity to build and create something better here.
Pros
Very flexible environment, good salary and benefits in the US
Cons
Lack of processes in some areas due to growth
Overall good place to work.
Analyst II - Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
Most people there are pleasant to work with, but management seems a little out of touch. Area I worked in does not seem very financially stable and is undergoing a lot of upper management changes. Had sudden layoffs with no warning.
Not a good company to work for.
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 5, 2018
This company had a serious issue with over utilization of the CRAs. No work-life balance at all.
Poor leadership.
Failure to maintain CRA regionalization.
Overloading of assignments.
Cons
See Summary
Not Bad
Clinical Trial Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 15, 2018
Not that great either. Company lack's uniform processes across numerous business lines. Could be a lot better but it is what it is in this environment.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of uniform processes
Many teleconferences
Clinical Operations, Worldwide Clinical Trials (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2018
Stressful and lack of collaboration- does not create positive work culture. Client relationships are positive. No real regionalization in the clinical group. Lack of technology
Pros
Office culture good
Cons
Political
Unpredictable hours
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2018
The staff and management is great. The staff treats you like family and the work isn't difficult. However, the work is unpredictable. You would be lucky to get more than 19hr/week. Some shifts consist of coming in for only 1-2hours. I wouldn't say this job holds much financial security.
Pros
friendly staff, pay/hr
Cons
lack of hours, upredictable hours
Not invested in employee growth; mixed up values
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 12, 2018
Worldwide does not support the growth of its employees. Actions speak louder than words. Lots of upper management promotions, nothing for the ones in the trenches. Some employees are held to different standards than others. Not an even playing field. No sense of teamwork. Though these things are supposed to be the main values of the company :(
Na
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San AntonioMay 30, 2017
A typical day included drawing blood, processing blood, obtaining patience history and insurance information, data entry, ua and ua microscopic, perform std microscopic analysis.
At work I felt very much part of a team that was working towards the same goal.
Pros
Sharpening skills I already possessed while learning new things
Cons
lack of hours
Good Start, Rocky Finish
InHouse CRA/ Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 30, 2017
I was brought into a new training program that sounded very promising but in the end didn't deliver. The company had a great culture during the time I worked there until the last months before my departure. Management stated they wanted to hear our ideas but didn't take any advice and still stuck to their agenda. The majority of my coworkers were all solid individuals with great work ethics but in the end our efforts came up short when it was time to be awarded bonuses.
Pros
flexible, our medical benefits stayed the same rate for 2 years and good coworkers
Cons
Pet Healthcare (this should have never became an option), new management came in and cleaned house and still placed the company in an unfavorable position, promoting individuals who lacked the experience to move up
I enjoyed going in and learning the research aspect,interacting and getting to meet new people everyday. Days were very busy, but i love what i do.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
The hardest part of my job, there was some days were more than 12 hours.One of the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet people of all works of life.
If you are a pharmacist... DONT Waste your time
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxApril 18, 2017
Horrible place to work, just look to the job turnover for evidence. Absolutely no work-life balance. WCT investigators and project managers will NOT respect your time, professional opinion, your license, or concerns (the company also has issues with respecting DEA and FDA in regards to pharmacy). All this company cares about is making money.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything
Employees not treated fairly
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
Overworked. Short staffing. High workload. Very busy at times then at times not busy at all. Constant moving around staff internally without making jobs available to all. Favoritism amongst staff.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overworked
Failing Mediocre CRO - What You Really Should Know
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 7, 2016
While the recruiting team and management will sell you "pipe dreams" to make it seem like you'll have a promising career in a fun and inviting environment, it is a ploy. Management is grasping at straws to grow the company while losing clients and employees, left and right because it doesn't invest in or show they value their employees.

While a couple of departments are actually run by decent managers, it's upper management that continues to push employees for more hours but with little recognition or appreciation outside of an occasional free lunch. If you're a part of support departments like IT or admin services, you are dispensible and under appreciated. Most of the PMs lack knowledge and the CTAs could do a better job running their own studies.

Though you may make genuine connections among line employees, Worldwide Clinical Trials is full of nepotism, politic playing and office romances. No company is perfect and you'll find much of these things in other organizations but do yourself a favor and work somewhere where everyone is valued, appreciated and shows integrity by keeping the promises they make upon recruitment. If you do decide to work there, utilize it as a stepping stone, mind your own business, don't tell anyone about yours, and be prepared to work your butt off.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
Lack of structure/organization, upper management that doesn't really care about employees, mediocre benefits
Up and COming CRO
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2015
Worldwide is an up and coming CRO with great possibilities. Some Upper Management doesn't know what they are doing but overall decent company to work for.
work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2015
I was provided with excellent training to be a customer service representative, I made outbound and inbound calls. scheduling appointments and confirming in patient and outpatient arrival. Loved the work environment and people!
Awsome
Phlebotomist Part Time (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
I loved working here. The are very flexible and family orientated company. I didnt want to leave but had to go where my husbands job relocated him.
Pros
hated to work at 3a.m.
Cons
Happy enviroment
A typical large CRO
Sr. CRA (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 13, 2014
This company tries to tell you that they care about you and your time needs but don't believe it. The promise you everything till they got you in the door soon after you begin to see your work-load quadruple, your expenses not being paid and the management attitude. The management which is composed of all female staff is a constant battle within its ranks. All managers think that you are there to please all of their requests and keep THEM happy. They do not care about the contracts they have, about the PIs nor about each other. Is a constant backstabbing culture that you should avoid at all costs.
Cons
Horrible place to work for
Subject recruiter (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 15, 2014
If you are not a favorite with the manager, then you are not a part of the cook group. Double standards@
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Clinical Trials. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight