Worldwide Clinical Trials

Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
Co-Workers
The people at Worldwide were great to work with! The senior leadership team seemed to be more interested in getting the business ready to sell rather than taking care of their people.
Human Resource Lack of Support
The new HR head calls herself the Chief People Officer, like the Chief of Police. She has no interest in personnel development. Has no ability to recognize talent. She has no empathy for employees. Future recruits: review your sign-on contract word for work, preferably spending the $$ to have a lawyer review it so you don't get caught at the end of your employment with issues. For example, make sure that it is clear about your time off, a non-compete clause, your support and personal development and travel related issues. Set a guaranteed number of scientific meetings that you can attend per year and make sure that you spend all the $$ that you are allotted for the set up of your remote office. Be clear on the reporting structure.
Inability to provide encouraging or positive feedback
Workplace culture toxic, lack of feedback to help employee development and retention; Managers who need development to fully understand the role of a manager; Certain administrators secretly listen in on phone calls without identification that they are on the calls and secretly read emails of employees. One has to be careful all the time as to what is said and done. They advertise as an uncommon CRO and you can bet your life on that. They are truly uncommon with unusual executive/administrative staff that little to no managerial skills and are totally uninterested in employee development.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Lack of feedback of any note to retain employees
Now I know why the salary was more than I asked for!
There is no on site orientation. A computer is sent to your home and you're expected to 'know' their CTMS without personal training. They depend upon computer based training and seem to be offended if you request additional training. I had a temporary COL located in South America, total of 4 team leads due to turnover. By the time a US based COL was available , the assigned

High turnover for monitors, poor leadership, failure to follow their own SOPs due to pressure from Sponsir.

IThey play favorites and if you aren't in that grouo you can expect a rough time. I've been in research for more than 10 years and can hinestly say this was a company that made me dread going to work every day. No compensatory time off for weekend work. I would have to say leadership failyure is the biggest issue resultung in high turnover. projects werea mess.
Close and cozy.
Worldwide is very close-knit. The Recruitment Team is the heart of the company, but can sometimes be overlooked. You have to be willing to do the work without constant praise.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Culture of blame, no work life balance
Have you seen the movie Get out? From BD winning studies this company doesn't have capability or resources to fulfill to the launch meetings where the project managers make promises to sponsor's contrary to regulations and company SOP's, know that if you choose to work here you will be blamed for everything and anything that goes wrong with a study. The PM is never to blame and Benton and Bowser still can't figure out why there is high turnover. Instead they tell everyone how great the company is doing for the first 3 quarters, then on the 4th they tell us how poorly the company is doing and how pitiful the company which of course affects the measly bonus held out as the prize for the end of the year. To top it off, the unlimited PTO just means that when someone decides to leave this nightmare of unlimited work hours where vacations are non-existent, they won't even have a vacation payout. This just add insult to injury.

If you chose to work here, just know vacation and family time is only the privilege afforded to the EU team who take annual leave every other week. No joke. Good luck!
Horrible Favoritism issue within management
Stay away from this company if you can. Terrible problem with favoritism. The management team talk about you to others as if you are beneath they let other do and get away with certain situations and if you do it you may not be as lucky. Very high turn over rate!! I hated going to work everyday Horrible management and staff. Don't overlook this review Austin Texas location!! On crosspark dr
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Horrible staff and management
Challenging workplace with an optimistic future
This is a challenging workplace with an optimistic future. During all-hands company calls, they describe all of the different departments' accomplishments as well as their areas for improvement. Being well-connected with the company's big picture is very helpful!
Ageism is a problem at Worldwide.
I have worked in the industry for 35 years. I made a mistake with a client and was put on probation. My mistake was brought up at 2 monthly reviews even though I received praise from other clients and co-workers which were never discussed. I was fired before my 3-month probation was finished. I am 70-years old and unable to secure employment.
Good learning experience
Great place to start your career and to grow fast. They teach a lot. Do not expect a normal 8 to 5 schedule and you will be working some weekends. You will be rotating weekends.
Fun work place
The work isn't hard at all, but the hours are very inconsistent. It is study based so if you don't have any studies then there is no work. If there is no work then you don't get scheduled
Marketing
Very nice work, life balance. However managment does not know what they are doing and everything seems to be last minute. I do not reccommend working here if you would like job security
Productive workplace
Good skills to learn about regulatory. Offer good benefits. People are pleasant to work with. Like to hire within the company so there is an opportunity to move up
Fun environment with plenty of variety
WCT always has something going on. It's a great work environment for someone who takes initiative and wants to learn. The hours can be long when multiple studies are active, but the people are fun and the work is very engaging.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Facilities aren't great
Not a healthy environment.
Coworkers will stab you in the back. Management has their favorites. If you go to management about anything it is used against you and you are deemed a troublemaker. Some people are on the internet or watching podcasts all day and if you don’t pick up their workload, then you aren’t a ‘team player ‘.
Pros
Decent location
Cons
No training. No advancement.
Company with toxic work culture
My life was miserable at WWCT.
I felt it on the very first day of work, by the tone of emails sent from the CTM to the whole CRA team, very unrespectful, unprofessional and lack of work ethics. I couldn't believe the colleagues were treated that way. Study team Email's sent by managers signed with angry emoticons were the Norm. Managers write in emails that they have to step on the witch stick to talk to CRAs as if it were funny.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt as I was new and thought it was just an isolated event. It got only worse. The TCs were a battlefield, managers were tiranus, stressed, unappreciative of the CRA team.

I got a calendar invite for a management meeting thinking I was genuinely and meant to be invited I logged in said my name and listened to the meeting it turned out I was not supposed to be included and got invited by mistake. The way managers talked about CRAs and colleagues was despicable. When they realized I was present, they asked me to log off and shortly after the CTA was fired.

CRAs were fired left and right, team members disappeared without notice making workload to Be assigned to me, with the premise that it was only temporarily. The reality was that It never was reassigned to someone else, manager said it was a light work load 20 sites to visit a month and 3 studies. Impossible.

Management bullies the employees, HR knows about it and allows it.

Micromanaging by the hour, creating fake issues trails that leads to made up performance improvement plans. With that work load no human being can keep up. Managers set up for failure as
 - more...
Pros
Not worth any of the benefits the quality of life you get
Horrible Place to work at
Lots of knowledge to gain but management doesn't listen to your suggestion for improvement, let alone appreciating your input. Luck of knowledge in the area of expertise is much bigger and abundant. Medical Directors act as business men and the lack of care is disheartening. Positive suggestions for subjects safety is conflicted with business objective.
Pros
pay
Cons
Lack of clinical knowledge and attitude
Great Compay to work for
Great company to work for. It has great benefits and on site day care. Great 401K options. Great upper management willing to work work with you. Work life balance when I worked there was a bit complicated.
Pros
Lots of oppertunity for work
Cons
work life balance
New to the company
Tons of opportunity to use professional experiences and make a big impact on the business. A lot of highly skilled people here focused on making changes to create a very strong company. The employees I interact with are friendly and focused on doing their best work. I'm happy I made the decision to join Worldwide. The company is in growth mode and changes are being made to create a top tier organization. This can be a con for some, this was a huge selling point for me. I have an opportunity to build and create something better here.
Pros
Very flexible environment, good salary and benefits in the US
Cons
Lack of processes in some areas due to growth
Overall good place to work.
Most people there are pleasant to work with, but management seems a little out of touch. Area I worked in does not seem very financially stable and is undergoing a lot of upper management changes. Had sudden layoffs with no warning.
Not a good company to work for.
This company had a serious issue with over utilization of the CRAs. No work-life balance at all.
Poor leadership.

Failure to maintain CRA regionalization.

Overloading of assignments.
Cons
See Summary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Clinical Trials. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
2.9
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.