Worldwide Express Employee Reviews

Productive, work-hard-play hard type of culture, fast pace work environment within the logistics industry.
Freight Operation Specialist II - RFQ (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 22, 2019
Enjoyable, beautiful office and amenities provided. Due to the industry and where Worldwide Express stands in the 3PL sector, continuous change and growth within workflow was something I saw all throughout my time with the company. Being able to be apart of Worldwide and seeing it all unfold as in a increase of growth stage as a company was what drew me in and motivated me each day at work. This created challenges that I personally saw as "like-able" ones. The values and skills I gained/learned from the obstacles presented in my daily work is simply why I saw them as desirable challenges rather than negative. With that being said, if seeking a position in the company, from my experience, being open and accepting of change is a crucial component. The industry fluctuates constantly therefore, embracing those hurdles presented to you that may be due to simple obstacles as in weather conditions , etc will be imperative to being successful and enjoying the role you are in.
Positive Environment
Freight Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2019
The environment was fast paced but encouraging. People worked together to meet the companys goals and management team was approachable. They also value feedback from their employees.
Moving in the right direction
Director Infrastructure Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2019
WWEX is a great place to work. There have been some changes to the company that seem to be very positive. They are leaders in the industry and are always improving their technology stack.
Pros
Adopting Cloud Tech
Cons
Not Sure Now
Great Company but very sales oriented
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2019
Large company and very structured. Sales based though so must be a sales rep or account manager to be able to grow in the Denver market. Great culture though.
Normal office hours, but willing to let go good employees
Senior Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 19, 2018
Company is based on culture, even though its stressed it isnt always the best. Management doesnt always show up, could be good or bad. And willing to lose an employee or more due to pay isnt great. If a family issue comes up they do seem reasonable.
Pros
Easy office work, fun atmosphere
Cons
Sales employees get most of the perks
Intense and old Fashioned
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
The company has good financial benefits and the people are fun. Outdated sales tactics that do work but are exhausting and waste a lot of time. The company is making good strides to improve but they still have an aggressive and pushy sales mindset that makes it difficult to join unless you have complete tunnel vision for your goals.
SENIOR CLAIMS AND LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 13, 2018
amazing group of people to work with
management is extremely understanding of family obligations
family oriented company
emphasis on employee satisfaction (stocked kitchen with coffees, sodas and snacks)
highly invested in employee growth (provided customer service tip books and developed plans to improve employee/customer interaction)
Cons
closes Albany office
Outside Sales
Account Executive - Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
Great company, outside sales is hard for people who thrive on 'office energy'. You will have few to none in regards to coworkers.You are on-call for your customers 24/7
great office environment
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
great office environment and management, poor advancement opportunity. You will work a lot of hours. The office management is wonderful. The company support office is the backbone.
Pros
great office environment and management
Cons
poor advancement opportunity
Corporate takeover
Senior Freight Coordinator - Quoting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12203June 29, 2018
Corporate office shut down our location after buying franchise. Impersonal business that does not value the loyalty and talent of their employees. Would not recommend joining this company.
BlackBalled
Truckload/Freight Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 29, 2018
Worldwide Express is the typical corporate America type company. They put on a "we care about you" face but don't intend to reinforce that motto in the end. We were let go by the corporate office after our office being open for nearly 20 years.
wwe capstone
Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2018
I did my capstone project for my senior engineering project for worldwide express. they were a great company and the company advisors were very friendly.
Great Place to Work but all about the Numbers
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2018
Worldwide Express has a great culture and management in the Saint Louis office and they offer a decent work-life balance. Unfortunately their expectations are unrealistic.
Productive, challenging and fun place to work
US/MX Account Management Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
Worldwide Express are franchisees and all will depend who the owner of the franchisee you work for is.

However, most of the owners I met were great. It's a very competitive, fun environment. The limitations will be your own self. You can grow as much as you want to and commission packages are great.

The owner of my franchisee, was a great human being! Always giving the support to grow professionally and personally. Working at Worldwide Express was a fun and wonderful experience. It's a great product and if you are as lucky as I was, you'll have tons of great opportunities to grow as well.
Pros
Flexible, fun, competitive, $$$
Its okay
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
Overall it's a good company to work for. Training is good but if you don't get along with your manager then good luck staying there. They will try everything yo let you go
Nice place to work
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
I've been working for the company about 2 years and I can say my experience has been great. The company culture is awesome; a lot of great young sales people. You have to be motivated like any sales job and If you do good the pay is also good.
Awesome experience
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 18, 2018
Really great manager and really helped me develop my skills and truly cared about me

Great kids i got to work with as well and they were all athletes with same mindset as me
Love the job, but the pay is not nearly enough.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2018
Love the job, but the pay is not nearly enough.
They pay a gas allowance but you go over it every month, there is no 401k match, the base pay is not enough to cover all bills and the compensation for each account is hardly enough to make the job worth it. Unless you bring on 5 extremely qualified account a month, you will be living practically on your base pay for a very long time.
Cold Call Warrior
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2018
This is business door to door sells. You go to every door trying to convert overnight shipping from fedex to ups. There are residuals so you can build a solid book of business
Pros
Residual income
Cons
Cold calling everyday
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
Benifits are well manage, environment is very exceptional and upbeat.

Upper management has very high expectation in a tight time frame,
average work week will consist of 10 to 12 hours daily. Manage your time accordingly before starting your work day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight