Worldwide Flight Services Employee Reviews

Just like Amazon
Warehouse DG Lead (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 23, 2018
The management team there have their own rules of how the place is to be tuned, and the company they work for have the correct ones. WFS did what they want to do.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management Team
stressful
Baggage System Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 21, 2018
keeping the baggage system at the airport running is very crucial and can be stressful when something goes wrong. with that being said a typical day isn't always like that. Somedays everything runs smooth and you'll have some downtime.
Horrible
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
Dont come to this place it is horrible. Poor management at the job site and office. They dont care about you. Leads and supervisors pick favorites. So much drama at this place. Only good people there are the islanders. They treat you fairly.
Pros
The islander coworkers
If you're desperate...
Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2018
If you're desperate and need a job go to WFS. They hire anyone and everyone. They'll hire you on the spot. You don't need any skills at all. Don't expect to be paid what you're worth because that'll never happen. You'll bust your butt! and get paid peanuts. The best part of working there is the Industry. The worst part flows from Corporate to Management. Employees are just not treated fairly. If you need a job check it out. It only takes 30-90 days or more to actually start working.
Well run and casual company
Station Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
WFS is a consistent ground handling company. They treat their employees fairly and expect the employees to work hard. Though the pay is not great, it is a good first step in the industry.
Pros
flexible schedule. Good management
Cons
pay
Fast paced and changing
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 14, 2018
Enjoyed working with the local team. Under new ownership and transitions, many systems were changed and required retraining and implementing new changes to be cascaded to field teams.
no stress
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 14, 2018
its fun to work with different people and learn how to push the plain and how to load and unload learn how to sort things in different flights and how to guide the plain
Pros
free lunch
Cons
delay flight
very stressful
mechanic (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 12, 2018
A typical day for me is doing paperwork that my manager only looks at maybe once per month. Then traveling to various locations to do fluid and operation checks on vehicles. Find equipment that is damaged from operator carelessness, request the parts I need to fix them and then get the parts weeks later or sometimes not at all.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching planes and watching how operators break things.

When we report things to management about operators breaking things nothing is done about it. But it is always our fault that things aren't running. We are told do quick fixes and then never given the opportunity to fix it properly.
Pros
own work van
Cons
management, operators, parts, no shop
Worldwide Flight Services
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy and productive
I learn how to direct a moving vehicle and how to load mail in a airplane. Management is very friendly and professional; Culture is to build team work and promote safety; hardest part of job is the weather changes and the noise; the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people.
Pros
Keeping busy
Cons
weather changes
Good Part Time Pay for Small Town
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COMay 1, 2018
This is a seasonal job and most of the ups and downs of the job are properly laid out for you in advance. The job is fun and rewarding and very interesting! There is a lot to learn in a very short time so you must learn quickly and take notes. There are no flight benefits, health insurance, or other benefits for this position. You are paid $15/hr to start to compensate for this. When it is busy season the money can be very good!
Pros
Great co-workers, interesting field of work
Cons
No benefits, no long term career growth
idk
Lead Ramp Crew Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2018
Was hard work. I worked at he Mccarran Airport location in Las Vegas, Nevada. The weather conditions are even more extreme when you work by the aircrafts.
Bad Management
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2018
A lot of peaople who has position are young and inexperienced. They are hardworking though. However, this has lead to questionable decisions and actions.
prodictive work area
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 26, 2018
its a fast pace environment with opportunity to grow on a typical word day it depend on the volume of the mail it can be a slow down then turn into a busy day. most of the work is based on the volume of the mail on the ramp. at every givin moment theres always work to be done,
Relaxed work environment
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 25, 2018
Very relaxed work environment and friendly co-workers. Flexible work schedule. Pay was poor and hardly ever give out raise. Supervisors and managers are very nice
work place stressfull
Ramp Service Agent (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
early shift 3 am till 3pm very stressful , every one is on edge a lot of yelling and screaming by vendor managers. like i said very stressfull full time is working a split shift .
Pros
work around airplanes
Cons
3am shift
No future
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
The building I work for is culturally divided and if you not Caribbean then you are not treated fairly considering the fact that all upper management only favor them.
Pros
Airline Rep treat you nice
Cons
To much favoritism
Wfs
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2018
Lack of communication with management, however everyone worked as a team. With WFS in Denver we worked 9 Airlines not including how many flights. Few room for growth for certain employees. No benefits whatsoever, no raises until after 18 months of employment. Starting pay is so little. Huge turn over rate. Can also be a fun job but also a stressful job. Depending on day and depending on our passengers. Definitely not laid back, constantly busy. Friendly staff and supervisors. Great flexibility and a decent job for college students. Expect to learn fast and be good at it.
Pros
Flexibility, can pick up hours.
Cons
No benefits, low pay rate
Very Stressful
Human Resources & Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2018
We needed structure. WFS and Cas, two handling companies merged together creating friction among employees. Each company had there on rules and way of running things. So daily work life there hasn't been easy or good for a while.
Pros
I had many PTO days available to me.
Cons
Poor pay
Fast pace, multitasking job. Very educational
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
Loved how fast pace the job was, however the amount of hours I was working was ridiculous. They only had to sets of hours you can work as a part timer, which was 0400-0800 or 1200-1600. Anytime we would pick up hours, it had to be between the two. They were always messing up our paychecks leading us to continuously write down our hours we worked the day of.
Easy part-time Job
Shuttle Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2018
Easy driving back and forth job
Learn a little but about the working of the airport
Hardest part of the job slightly disorganized
Enjoyable part learning different cultures, and meeting different people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Flight Services. Our community is ready to answer.