Worldwide TechServices Employee Reviews

take a pass
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MASeptember 15, 2018
if you are good at performing the tasks they will keep pushing and adding responsibilities until you feel overwhelmed. went from being a new hire to training new hires in 6 weeks. the work radius expanded from a few miles to multiple states during that time as well
Productive company
Senior Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 8, 2018
I have been with this company for almost 19 yrs. Never received a raise and when the prices of gas started rising they had no intentions of raising their .33 cents a mile reimbursement. Right now you break even. so there is no extra for wear and tear on your vehicle. And you do not get a salary raise. Even with the new tax credits for big companies you are still left at the same hourly wage. And Health benefits for Field Engineers are terrible.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Noting to wright about
Good Company
Sr.Hughes Engineer. Field (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2018
If you don't mind long days/weeks and a lot of travel its a great job. Pay is good, but raises don't come often. You must be able to work independently and be reliable and on time.
get your work order and products and supplies and perform your job.
Delivery Driver/Installations (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work you are your own boss and work at your own pace and as long as you do your job and get it competed in a timely fashion every day is great.
Pros
Cons
great place to work
Great Company
SR Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2018
Great Company overall to work for.Their best strength is their Certification program. A great way to get your skills up and learn more products on the job.
Management consists of scumbags in business suits
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2018
The managers are cutthroat liars that will fire you simply if they don't like you. If they don't have any convincing reason to let you go they will invent one to get rid of you. People are disposable here and they don't care about anyone or anything.
Ok company
Contract Recruiter 3 Months (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 7, 2018
This company is ok I recruited candidates for the IT field easy and fun, work environment was ok all and all it was a ok experience working as a contractor
Not particularly employee friendly
Senior Field Engineer HNS (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at WWTS involves a lot of lying to customers, management lying to field techs and shuffling about of calls. WWTS cares very little for the employees actually making the company money in the field but instead for the managers and executives that sit in their offices daily and make things worse for the field techs. When I first started, I had a great job but as time went along and people quit for various reasons (almost always due to management), more contracts were added, more hours were added and then more days were added to my work routine that I was consistently behind, missing SLAs and being yelled at by my manager, then his manager then HR. All during this time, there was no one else hired and no raises given.
Good place to work with reliable management.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJuly 6, 2018
I worked at Worldwide Tech Services through a temp agency. It's a tech company that services computers around the globe. They're located in a building with other businesses and a small recreational area in the main entrance; the cafeteria is catered by Nexdine. Management is personable and professional, and the employees are very friendly.
Low Paying
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
Job is ok in itself, but company lacks structure regarding employee benefits and pay, raises are hard to come by. Some upper management issues. No job advancement.
Salary and Reimbursments
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
I have been with this company for almost 5 yrs. Never received a raise and when the prices of gas started rising they had no intentions of raising their .33 cents a mile reimbursement. Right now you break even. so there is no extra for wear and tear on your vehicle. And you do not get a salary raise. Even with the new tax credits for big companies you are still left at the same hourly wage. And Health benefits for Field Engineers are terrible
Productive and interesting team
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 24, 2018
All on the team work remotely and WWTS is very good at handling that.

Pace is fast and can be stressful

Processes are old and the move from Waterfall to Agile is proceeding slowly
Pros
Remote
Cons
Old procedures
It was not a great place to work
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAApril 15, 2018
No room for advancement....... Management was great at times and horrible at times......true insurance was expensive..................................
Long Hours, with little to no Family Life
Sr. Engineer Hughes, Onsite Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2018
WWTS has a bad tendency not to give their Techs time off. They have contracts, that do not allow for a Tech to leave a site if not completed. This can turn into anywhere from 8 hours, to 24. Upper Management only looks at numbers, and not at what the job entails.
You will hear things from you Reporting Management like: I used to be an Onsite Tech, but they never had ever done any Satellite internet work. Most of them don't have the concept of what the Job requires. You are put into very dangerous places to do the job, this includes Extreme Weather conditions. From Very High Winds, to Below Freezing conditions, to Extreme Heat.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Not a serious job
Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 10, 2018
No face-to-face communication. Lone wolf operation. Self taught work structure. All numbers and minimal actual customer service satisfaction. Employment leaves employee at a lose.
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
Low pay
over all good experience
Feild Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 5, 2018
It was good experience. not alot of support had to figure things out for your self.

TCS, Dell, and Hp, along with Hughes net were the majority of the clients you delt with.
WorldWide Techservices was a steady paycheck and good work experience, but very stressful and almost no vehicle/fuel reimbursement
Dell Warranty Technician (Former Employee) –  Local Surrounding AreasMarch 31, 2018
I like WorldWide Techservices (formerly QualXServ) at first because they were a web portal that i could get local jobs supporting Dell warranty desktops and laptops. I was told I only had to accept what work I wanted and that if I only wanted local jobs it would be fine.

Soon after I realized they wanted to push 10 jobs on me each Monday to schedule through the week. Which would have been fine, but then they would push me 3-5 more almost every day. I had to contact each customer and work with them to schedule a repair day. I'm sure anyone can imagine the ensuing nightmare this created for me. I was also told if I started refusing jobs it would look bad on me. Some of these jobs began requiring 2.5 hours of travel time to schedule in with 5+ other jobs in that day.

Fuel reimbursement was very little to nothing in 2008-2010.

I received $40.00 USD per repair, which was decent steady money, never a problem with payout.

My manager was great, but couldn't back me up on the amount of jobs pushed to me, and after I work super hard for them could not get me a company vehicle and gas card to keep me. Imagine paying all that expense by yourself and knowing other employees got a company van and gas card.

The scheduling was an absolute nightmare with the amount of jobs that were pushed to me. I would typically get home @ 9PM after a full day, and still had to enter in my jobs on the web-portal.

I think of my time at WorldWide Techservices as one of the most stressful times in my life.
Pros
steady money, good repair experience, met many good people
Cons
miniscule fuel reimbursement, no vehicle maintenance reimbursement, hectic schedule, stressful
good
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
not a bad job..sometime they don't have any jobs avil in your city but the .also the manager are easy to work with at times but again great company and help you get certified
Work Hard
Managed Service, FIELD SENIOR ENGINEER 4 (Former Employee) –  Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana ....March 28, 2018
Day to day at any one time we had over 4 managers involved in everyone's job. The company does have it's good points but they are outweighed by the bad.

Those who worked with WWTS excluding the management were what kept the company going. On a regular day when calls were assigned you are expected to be on the road by a predetermined time. However, the preparation for the service calls you had that day were dismissed as not a critical component to do the job. So no time to map out locations, no time to physically check your equipment or van, and if you had the time you did it off the clock just to meet the out of office set departure times.

What made this worse, were the multiple companies WWTS contracted with all expected the same thing at the same time. They expected to be first on their list and WWTS gave them the false belief they were by giving them the opportunity to set and schedule service times for their calls. Unflinching, this conflict then caused turmoil in the morning and then for the rest of the day. Calls you spent getting ready to run that morning or worked on the night before would have been pushed off to someone else. There was no opportunity to speak with the other technicians and download to them what you knew about the call if you had been there before. It was just a get and go rampage.

Do not get me wrong. In the service industry you do have the bread and butter client that pays the bills. You also have some management staff that understood this, however, like us their hands were tied. If you had a good manager, when possibly they would try their
  more... best to assist you with these issues. Unfortunately, in the years I worked for WWTS (7) I had (8) managers.

I am going to stop here. I really don't like talking about a company like WWTS for I am sure they meant well. The old saying goes, to many Chiefs, not enough Indians, and the same fixed salary for over 25 years.
Very poorly management company and IT department
Onsite Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAMarch 26, 2018
This IT company is extremely poorly managed with no clear direction or intentions of assisting employees with career advancements or furthering education.