Worldwide TechServices logo
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100Average

Worldwide TechServices Employee Reviews for Field Technician

Worldwide TechServices insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Work-Life Balance

Contract work

Expected a different experience, but "travelled" the area doing repairs on things that were relatively simple. Job's not hard, but a lot of time on the road going from A to B

This isn't a full-time permanent job and they want it that way.

This is a pay per call position which requires full availability. The initial training investment is high unless you have a lot of prior hardware experience. I'm thinking that because many older workers do have such experience WWTS pays bottom dollar to field techs. You will have to use your own vehicle, tools and phone. The compensation is effectively little more than minimum wage after you factor in expenses and time invested. You would do much better to get certified and work directly for a manufacturer as a field tech at the enterprise level. This is a great job to make new friends if you're young though.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Low pay, poor support, little training.

i've been working for 55 years, and this is by far the worst employer ever

i worked at this job for 5 years, ONLY because i needed a full time job for the purposes of medical insurance. WWTS has an extremely abusive management culture. they believe that the way to motivate techs is to constantly bully, harass, and threaten them. The pay is ridiculously low for the skills required, in addition, for the 5 years i worked there, I never saw any technician get a raise. For the first year on the job, I was on call 24/7, covering 8400 square miles of territory. i was FORCED to work brutal overtime, up to 92 hour weeks. It was only after I was nearly killed in a horrific accident that WWTS hired another tech to help cover my area. The only reason they hired another tech was because of legal liablity, they were afraid of getting sued because of the excessive hours required.

Pros

you keep the van at home, and you're on the clock as soon as you start the van in the morning. there are NO other positives.

Cons

forced OT, i ridiculously low pay, Extremely abusive management system.

Adaptability

ADAPTABILITY - Adjusting to change. Gets flustered in unusual situations. Does not always make the best decisions to fit the situation. Delivered on time. Meets Requirements: Usually adjusts well to changes in the work place. Maintains good customer service relations, even under stress. Exceeds Requirements: Looks for ways to streamline procedures to improve efficiency and customer service. Sets priorities and adjusts them as needed when unexpected situations arise. Outstanding: Adapted to new systems and processes well and seeks out training to enhance knowledge, skills and abilities. Always seems to know when to ask questions and when to seek guidance.

Good Company if they have Work

Good Company to work for if they have lot of work and make sure you like travelling because you gonna be driving allot. Some Managers are nice and they will give you support, some sucks with lot of hate.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

low pay

low pay, no advancement. just a place to start out is all this place is. managers where good, but it is a dead end for earning a living wage. but counts as experience. so if you are starting out grab it.

Bad place to work

I wouldn't recommend working for WWTS. They ask you to do a lot of work for little pay. Constantly asking you to increase your certifications without rewarding you for taking and passing theses certifications. They would also be the first to throw you under the bus if a client were to complain about you.

fast paced work environment

You must be self motivated to survive. You must provide your own tools. I work as a part timer and there is no benefit. There is no PTO. You manage your own time and you are in control. You take a day(s) off whenever you like with advanced notice.

Pros

You are in total control.

Cons

No PTO

good place to work

good place to work, you must be a self starter and manage your time. Local management is not very well trained. Your work out of you house, there is no office in the area.

Pros

manage your own time

Cons

lack of work

Great opportunity to learn your state, people, businesses, and technical experience

It's a contract company for numerous computer companies where you Install, replace different parts, troubleshoot different problems with each vendors.

Pros

Access to a lot of computer parts or tools that can help you and others

Cons

Part time gets no benefits, customers can be angry before arrival due to Tech Support, or angry because you're busy, too far and can't reach them quickly.

Good place to start

WWTS is a great company to start for anyone beginning physical networking career, or a deskside support career. It introduces you to basic physical diagnostics at the start of your employement and over time you add to your hardware and software diagnostic abilities.

Pros

Great to train, understanding managers.

Cons

difficult to build rapport with clients and co-workers

only worked there for a year

I only worked there for a year so i really cant give a honest review. It would not be fair to them. But i did enjoy my year working there. the people were nice

Severe understaffing

Very stressful on myself and my car. Driving around fixing computers doesn't sound so bad, but with a 2-hour driving radius as my territory I spent most of the time driving. Would not have been so bad if the company would have agreed to high more technicians to spread the work load out.

Fast pace work setting

Had a great time working there as an intern in the warehouse. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the work that they do, and that employees have good facilities and amenities. Can't say much else! Well, besides that I wish I could work there

A good place to start.

I started working at WWTS in Sept, 2016. I had read many bad employee reviews, but I am of the nature that those experiences may be subjective, and that I cannot just count the bad reviews written, I have to consider all the good experiences not posted. This is not a bad job at all. They will give someone with little experience an opportunity. But understand this is the sort of work that you either learn to swim quick. or you will sink quicker. The ticket to success with World Wide is understanding and following company policy and procedures. If you can do that, the technical aspect will come in time.

Pros

Training resources, Technical data available. Ability to shine

Cons

If you are not a self starter and need directive and structure, then it is not for you.

Remote Worker

Typical day as a remote worker driving from site-to-site repairing computers & TVs. No workplace culture, and management was by phone. The most enjoyable part was being able to make my own schedule.

The job allowed complete autonomy

The best virtual company experience I have ever had. They didn't start out as what looked like a good experience. As the company evolved and they grew and took on new customers it quickly became a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work was never too busy for me. I would check the work orders on line and accept them based on how correct they were. I would coordinate with the end user based on the parts availability and schedule the repair around what worked best for the 2 of us. I was required to keep up with the latest certifications for Dell, IBM, Lenovo, Sony, HP, Apple and Lexmark. The real learning was on site in front of the customer but the manuals were all available and it was great being able to educate myself prior to the repair. Management was non existent. I never meet any of the management face to face as none of them were in the state of Hawaii. In the beginning I was sent a senior tech from Oahu to help get me going and figure out the online software. After the one day experience, the only other time I met other techs was when I came up on a unit that I had not been certified on. In the 4 and a half years working with WWTS I only met 3 employees face to face. If you are a self starter and enjoy helping people through their rough spots with computers, this is a great place to be. The only down side is that even though you are reviewed yearly and don't mess up, but showed that you where a valuable asset to WWTS they never increased the salary. I found that to be unbelievable in today's economy.

Pros

Autonomy, no boss breathing down my neck.

Cons

Not even a hint of advancement, financially or career wise.

Rewarding work, poor company structure for an employee.

Get up at 6:30, log in to portal to see if you have jobs waiting. Schedule jobs, then wait for parts and then go do jobs. Waiting for parts is not included in hours worked. I learned a lot about computer hardware, doing repairs and just how simple it has become. Coworkers are few an far between. You cover a large area by yourself. Hardest part of the job, making a living doing it. Best part of the job, knowledge and experience gained.

Pros

Working on Computers, Certificates available to obtain. Lots of off time, to spend with family (also a con, no work, no pay).

Cons

No hours (part time hours, to keep from paying benefits), using your own vehicle for travel, poor compensation of mileage. Lack of support from management.

Work very flexible schedule

I love the job flexible and you can make your very own work schedule on how you want to work. No micro managing. I also love the fact that they give travel reimbursement.

Pros

Travel Reimbursement, and make own schedule

Cons

No job security, and not always guaranteed work

I don't have a comment to make

I really just took this job for very good work experience and I didn't have any other job offers on the table at the moment.

Pros

Travel Reimbursement/ Very Flexible Work schedule and also weekly pay

Cons

No Job Security/benefits

Solo job

Accept calls in morning call customer and set up service calls, Drive to customer location and troubleshoot hardware.

Pros

decent pay for the work

Cons

could go weeks without work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide TechServices. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.7
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
1.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for Field Technician

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more