Worley

United States726 reviews

Found 726 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,121 reviews
worleyparsonsprojectwpadjustercatastropheparsonengineeringengineer

Good company

Good company to work for when there are good projects. The work swings with industry. So be prepared for it. The work culture is good and co workers are very helpful

Worst place I’ve ever worked! Management don’t care what you have going on, nor do they treat you right as a person. To them you’re a dog on a leash..

Worley insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stable

Worked there 30 years. Very stable for an E&C. Management lacks vision or enthusiasm, the Australia influence primarily bring more bureaucracy and pointless overhead to the party. The staff are good people.

Pros

Stable

Cons

No Esprit de Corps

Exciting Engineering consulting opportunities

Worley is a great place to work with a modern workforce policies and a focus on employee well being and team building. Worley provides opportunities to work in large projects or in niche consulting work that is challenging and exciting.

If your not in the click then you don't stand a chance

If your not in the little inner circle then you don't stand a chance. They are supposed to have working foreman that DO NOT MOVE LET ALONE WORK!!! They will not lift a finger to get you what you need to accomplish your tasks and I assure you they love playing the blame game so if and when things don't go right they will find someone to blame so if your not in the circle of guys that stay in the office with the boss at night for 3 or 4 hoursThen prepare for it.

Pros

Get your foot in the door for something better

Cons

Bad work environment, no product specific training

Good Company to work for.

This is a good company to work for. I have been with Worley for almost a year now. They have kept me working the entire time. Looking forward to working more jobs with them. My only gripe would be formans are chosen on an "age/time in" regardless if their performances are good or not it seems.

Bad working environment always threatening to fire you

The management just promotes friends and family others are laid off or fired at every safety meeting you’re getting threatened about losing your job !!

Good when the economy is good

Working for Worley was above average when the economy is doing well. When it’s not you can say goodbye to job security. My entire department was laid off in May of 2020 from the impact that COVID had. I felt that Worley had way more layoffs then other companies in the same industry which to me means they had poor planning.

Enjoyed working there for the most part

Lead fitter would feed certain welders bigger pipe and exotic pipe so they could raise their daily and weekly percentage to look better to get a raise.

Stressful and overloaded work environment

The company only cares about hiring Directors, VP's and high leadership people while they just let the work force go. There is not Life-work balance at all. Not retention or training for people. They are not replacing the people that let go and are burning the employees that are left.Good annual pay in comparison with the Market, that is why they still have employees.Restructuring every year and same in changes in leadership teams very often.

Overall, a good company

The company has supported me for many years to be able to take care of my family. Like any company, there are ups and downs, but overall a fair and stable company.

Lots of good people but the management?

Thumbs down, they are definitely not looking out for the worker guy. I got no response for almost 4 months after vivid and then one day my gear showed up.

Lots of "Unfortunate Amenities" to deal with.

Pay is less than competitive compared most companies and any issues you have you can take to management. Trucks are terrible and scarce you're probably gonna be riding in the bed of a 2-door truck bed from 2003 while management and higher ups enjoy their brand new 4-door top of the line trucks for themselves. There is almost no maintenance being done on the vehicles and in foggy/cold weather conditions are very dangerous drive (bald tires and no defrost). Which of course they will tell you "I'm working on it" and nothing will ever change as the months go by because money.

No job security

I firmly believe that one shouldn't work in EPC company as there is no job security. Have to give internal interviews for projects and can be with out project without notice.

Bad management, poor hours, worse pay

They don't pay anywhere near fair market. The shifts are ridiculous and often they force you to work 16 hour shifts. Management is horrendous. They require you to find your own coverage for pto hours or they deny you. Constant phone calls on your days off asking you to come in. No regard for your personal time or your family.

Enjoyed my time

I've enjoyed my time at Worley and met some great people from around the world. Generally not too stressful or pressured to get things done. Company has a strong opinion on safety. They're not afraid top stop a job to make things safe.

Electrical Control Engineer, Long Beach/Monrovia

Poor management. No charge number = no job.Pass on this company.Management hopeless, systems left in disarray in the push to get everything done in India, constantly feel like you have a target on your back

Pros

pay

Cons

everything

Productive and fun place to work, great management

I would definitely work for this company again, they really take pride in they’re employees, and help to get all of your goals accomplished, plenty of room for advancement.

It's construction

what can i say they pay good and it's construction they eventually lay you off when the time comes so no job security other than that you'll make alot of over time pay

Pay cuts, unorganized, poor management

Due to "covid" they gave me and other's a $4.50hr pay cut. Now 2 years later there making more money than ever we are not getting our money back like they promised. The shop im in has Been through roughly 25 mechanics in the past year due to poor pay, poor leadership and over all an extremely unorganized company.

Good but lackingg on the managment aspect

Was a good workplace at first but projects really died and new projects never came up. My coworkers really made the workplace good, but management I feel didn't try to get new projects, at least in my POV. Overall, culture is what made the workplace good

Common questions about Worley

Answered by current and former employees at Worley

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight