Worley Employee Reviews

Positive overall
Quality Assurance Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 13, 2018
Worley is a typical TPA catastrophe management firm and the work volume is inherently fluctuating. Compensation is at the middle to higher range of similar jobs in my experience and in my position I was allowed to work from my home. As a professional with about 10 years of experience when I began with Worley I found that there was minimal oversight which was beneficial in that I do not require micromanagement at my career level. However, when given claims that were outside of my skill set I often had difficulty getting direction from management.
Pros
Fair compensation, no micromanagement, work from home
Cons
Fluctuating volume (inherent in the job), Little to no direction for new duties
Fast pace work environment
Inside Desk Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2018
With so many different opportunities, this company is a good company to work for. they offer training on the job if you're a fast learner, you will be fine.
Pros
long hours, depending on the job assignment
Cons
Competitive salary
Not the Old Worley
Management (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 15, 2018
Through acquisitions and change in senior management, the Worley brand and culture have significantly changed over the last few years. The strong, collaborative, respected management team members are being run off. The culture has been hit pretty hard.
Pros
There are a some great team members that are still pushing through. On the toughest of days, they are the backbone.
Cons
The new exectutive team and "leadership mindset".
Nice environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 8, 2018
The typical work day was busy. Once the the job started we had to learn everything on our own. The Managers did not know a thing. The Manager we had to deal with you better not ask him a thing. He will catch an attitude with you like nobody's business. So you pretty much had to learn everything on your on. Trial and era. As far as the culture everyone got a lone good. Oh yea! the lady in the front office was irate she kept standing on the table yelling at us for things we did not do. I was shock at her attitude and the things she got away with. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping the customer. Just to know I made a few smile even though they were going through something horrible.
Loved the job and managment...
Independent Ins. Claims Adjuster Propty Caslty (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 8, 2018
Disliked working on the road months at a time. Hours consisted of working 10-12hrs a day 7 days a week. Management and trainers were very helpful. I recommend this company for someone who doesn't mind the travel and working long hours for several months at a time.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours and weeks. Not being home for months
poor management, lower industry pay
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 8, 2018
you have to be in the IN crowd to get opportunities, family or friends
special treatment for those who are in the, IN crowd. You can take off work or miss days only if you are friends with management. What one person does will get them dismissed but friends will get called back on the assignment even when they are doing way worse with lower production rate.
Pros
will try to keep you busy with work
Cons
extreme favoritism and office politics, mean managers
Long hours, Micro-managed
Catastrophic Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Long hours. at least ten hours a day, six to seven days a week. High work load with expected deadlines. Job assignments can be short. Benefits are available after 30 days but end when assignment ends
productive and great place to work
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 12, 2018
great place to work,love the people an the culture,very bussy and challenging,always firing people,no training and career advancement,good pay and not too good benefit
Frederick MD Zone and Winter Haven FL (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 12, 2018
Typical day was fast and busy.
Learned customer Service is paramont.
Management created a team culture.
Enjoyable part was helping customers
Great job
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Nothing come to mind
Great company
Independent Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 4, 2018
All my work through them is contract work, although I am on the W-2 side. The pay is competitive with other companies and the management so far on all deployments has been amazing.
Good Company to work for.
Auto Claim Handler, Total Loss (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 15, 2018
I started my career in adjusting with Worley. Great training and education. Offer training classes at their main office you can take and further your certifications.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and away from home
Received a Job offer by Text Message
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 15, 2018
I'm completely disappointed with Worley. After waiting a month for a CSR position and orientation. I received a text message that included a job offer and wage amount. The text message asked if I could start work immediately after orientation or the next day Friday and to reply back with the word "START". Several other people attending the orientation received the same message (A room of 50+people) only 10 people were chosen for the position. The other people as well as myself was dismissed with the no information whether we will be called back. I turned in a two noticed to my previous employer and am now jobless. Let this message be a warning. If you receive a text message from Worley. Please do not resign from your current employer until you have job in place with Worley.
Fast paced and stressful. Long hours, no paid time off.
Independent Insurance Adjuster - Retired (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 12, 2018
Worst part about this job is sometimes it's 3 weeks or more before your first check. Also, you may have to drive 1,000 + miles to get to your duty station, covering your own expenses along the way. No per diem paid. They do withhold taxes and issue a W2, but in essence you are a 1099 employee.
Pros
Nice hourly wage with OT, usually 60 or 70 hours per week for CAT
Cons
long hours, no paid time off, no per diem.
Enjoyable but fast paced.
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 21, 2018
Loved the job But I never knew when the client would downsize so job Security was stressful. I was cut in February 2018 due to Liberty Mutual downsizing from approximately 200 employee's down to 10. It's just the nature of the business being a contractor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, 6 days a week
Great working enviroment
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I choose not to disclose any information regarding Worley Catastrophe and its inner workings. My time with the company was well spent and completely satisfying compensation and experience wise.
Great environment with great people
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 14, 2018
The culture was a great fit for me. I love meeting new people and collaborating with coworkers. A typical workday lasted about 10 hours and included answering calls from customers and settling claims. The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
Pros
Pay, Environment, Management
Cons
Short term assignments
Exciting environment and good place to work
Supervisor and Claim Adjuster CSR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2018
Overall the company is a great place to work the pay is amazing and the hours are normally 40hr work weeks.Very laid back with a uptempo work pace that I'm sure anyone could fit right in.
Pros
Overtime, early dismissal
Cons
Poor Management
Poor management, Greedy company
Auto Trainer (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsJanuary 6, 2018
They pay less than other independent firms. They don't promote the most qualified people, just people who like to brown nose. They get their feelings hurt if you decide to go work for another IA firm. They use intimidation to get their employees to do what they want. My first project working for them was the BP Oil Spill. They advised us to not make eye contact w/ the project manager and the owner (seriously). Far from a family culture. So many better IA firms out there. Plus they have lawsuits for not paying their employees fairly which you can find online.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Management, how they Pay, Culture
Responsive to client needs
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 26, 2018
Worley by far is the most client-centric company that I have worked for. I have found since working here that the executive team for the most part allows the client managers to make decisions with out micro-managing.
Excellent place to work, Wonderful managers who created a team atmosphere
Claims Inspector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Worley, the pace was fast, I worked independently daily, they communicated their expectations and provided the training necessary for me to succeed, they provided Xactimate and Settle Assist training, inspectors met and shared experiences that were useful, they allowed us to go home some weekends, they were concerned about our success as individuals and not just for the company, earning a decent income was based on our ability to work long hours, my greatest challenge was finding lodging.
Pros
The opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of people, learning new skills
Cons
The challenge of long-term lodging, relocating about every 3 -4 days.