Worley

Worley Employee Reviews

Inconsistent management, revolving doors/goals/pursuits
In many ways Worley operates like a typical too-big company: many offices work as silos pursuing individual industries/BD opps, then pull together to submit a large RFP & generally fail. Short contracts, long goals, very little progressive management. No training.
Bamboozled
I gave it one star because zero isn't an option. I took this job under the impression that I would be making a great move for my career. That I would work in Shared Services and help implement process improvements and work with the outsourced group for a common goal of success. I feel like I've been bamboozled. Management has no concept of what a Shared Services environment is. Everything is full cycle and the workload is so heavy that it really needs to be spread across departments. Management is also incompetent which also makes the job 10 times harder. We are treated like numbers and nothing more. Constantly being told we have to "prove our worth" to the company. On top of a heavy workload in my department management is underhanded, messy, emotionally unstable and cannot be trusted. Think twice before accepting a position here. Weigh your options.
Fast pace and always work
There is no shortage of projects, so always busy. The nature of engineering is changing to meet with technological needs so we are always on the cutting edge. Since most responsibilities are being learned on the job it is hard to keep up with scope of your job.
Job if you need work
Good place if you need a job. Benefits are decent. Good job for a job. Not what I expect. Environment is not what was expected. Good people to work for just not for me.
Fair Compensation
Worley treated me fairly with good management and office support. On site management is helpful and supportive. The office provides staff support for any questions or problems.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
My 2 years as a laborer
I learned a lot in the working environment. Pretty good supervisors. Had opportunity to succeed in what I did. Gave me opportunities throughout my time working at the job site
North slope Alaska job
I've been working on the slope for 10 years. the company has treated me well and pay is good. Benefits aren't the greatest but I'm not Complaining. I would recommend working for this company to anyone
Really never introduced to any worley value
Probably a good company to work for with the right management sometimes it’s hard to rate a company overall when the project management is unsettled and abuse powers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Worley?
A fun productive workplace
Day to day labor and operator. Hardine be the hardest but it's still easy work. everything was fun with worleys the people i worked with. very organized place.
Professional, fun workplace
Working here has made my days fun and I enjoy coming everyday. Personal here are very professional, friendly, welling to help and make everyone feel welcome.
They suck project manager a cheap
Project manager is cheap named jimmy Usually they have low pay
Show no respect for their employees they Super disorganized

I did not like the management treated

Everyone like dirt

Super bad.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Due to the nature of work, you must be flexible and be able to work long hours in busy times. Managers depending on position/location could have a lot of travel involved. This is not a Monday - Friday 9-5 job.
Expanding business globally
The recent acquisition and merger with Jacobs ECR has opened a number of new possibilities around the globe for engineers, designers, and technicians.
Good company
Good job environment. I liked the company. Willing to go back if i get a decent offer on a job. Don't have anything bad to say about them. They always treated me good.
Na
The upper management currently in place , tends to care more so about cultivating friendships than providing staff with trainers that can actually assist and develope new talent. Very little room for advancement unless your on the friendship train.
Lordstown Energy Center combined cycle power plant
Lordstown Energy Center is terrible from a safety perspective, harassing managers with no experience and very low pay.

If you want to work at a terrrbipe place this maybe for you.

If you want to work at a great place it’s not here.
Pay and benefits are horrid.
It's a great place to work if you are a member of the (Good Ole Boys). Pay is below par. Benefits are terrible. One week of vacation after 5 yrs. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. But it's close to home.
Great working environment. Flexible hours and good location. Lots of variety in work and friendly employees. Great PTO plan for part-time employees. Good insurance
During the turnaround i had a lot of experience fitters and welders
It was a good experience to work with Worley parsons we had prefabricated and installed piping on a turnaround we work safely, with no accidents working 7 days a week 12 hrs a day
it's a firm that employs independent adjusters
Nothing negative to say about Worley. I worked for them a total of 8 years. Good people. The industry is changing, so there aren't as many deployment opportunities these days. That has nothing to do with the company.
Pros and Cons
This company has been a great first real job for me. I have learned quite a bit about the trade I love. Though this place has been a god job for me, there are some internal problems that kept me from progressing as I felt I should.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worley. Our community is ready to answer.