WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

WorleyParsons
Sr. Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 10, 2018
WorleyParsons appears not to have a good on-going marketing group as there always seems to be lack of work.

A typical workday consists of developing client engineering documents for construction of major equipment. Most of the work is done on computer and there is little travel opportunity unless it's a large money contract project.

I learned lots of additional computer skills and how an engineering process works and develops a final construction product.

Management is laid low and interacts primarily at weekly meetings with the client. Since there were few employee reviews and few raises/promotions, it was hard to tell where you stood in the company.

Workplace culture was basically every man for himself as far as finding steady work. People were friendly, but protective of the work they had and often seemed standoffish on interaction with projects. There seemed to be little employee loyalty as they came and left the company regularly.

Hardest part of the job was trying to figure out canned computer programs and the engineering process without in-house training seasons or employee orientation.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the travel when it was available. Pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
No work security
Good company but declining on job security
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
International opportunities.
Different type of projets in different parts of the world.
Offices and centers of excellence in different countries.
Stressful work environment.
Pros
International opportunities
Cons
Job security
Excellent Company
Senior Civil and Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
Excellent job culture. WorleyParsons has trained me in: Anti Bribery Course, EMS Definitions, Discipline Tasks and Deliverables Plan (DTDP), Design Review, Basis of Design Course, Engineering Calculation, Hazard Communication, Code of Conduct Training
Pros
World Wide Corporation with an excellent Job Culture.
Cons
No cons
My take on working at WP for nearly a decade
Engineering Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaJuly 24, 2018
Spending close on a decade working for WorleyParsons on 3 continents, I can honestly say I'm grateful for the time I spent there. The mentoring and training was second to none. The responsibility given afforded me at such a young age, in Kazakhstan was very liberating and WP empowers their own and this method is successful in achieving the best from the workforce.
Pros
Mentoring, Freethinking, Any idea is accepted
Cons
None I can think of
Provided adequate resources to accomplish the job. Did not have a large presence in Alaska (the focal-point of the project).
Point Thomson Project HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2018
Company had a headquarters in Houston, Texas. Executives were reluctant to visit other locations. In 4 years as Project Safety Manager for a $4.5 billion project, I was visited exactly once by an executive from Houston.
job security
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
Little to no job security with this company. The management at headquarter in Australia is more interested on the profit margin that in building up capabilities of the USA offices. A lot of experienced employees had left WP because of poor management.
Engineer for hire
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 30, 2018
WorleyParsons is an oil and gas company that purchased a power engineering design firm in Reading PA. The Reading office was decimated between 2008 and 2016 since no coal plants were built in the US.
Management doesn't listen
Piping Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 29, 2018
Immediate manager does not listen to staff for ideas and improvement ,even though the staff has more experience. Upper management supports such managers
Pros
flex hours
Cons
merit raises does not exist
No job security, regardless of anything
Materials Handling Discipline Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 24, 2018
Great company and poor management. Management makes the environment extremely stressful, management is a hunter constantly looking for victims. Whoever has selected nothing then helps, no reason is necessary, they will make one and put him on the street. Very dangerous to plan a longtime career there, better not to plan.
Pros
Greatpay, good benefits
Cons
Poor management very political and unhealthy environment
good over all work place
Sr. Project Manager/Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Good over all work place to work in Houston. , I have more than 28 years of progressive experience in the Engineering field. My professional history includes positions such as Sr. Project Manager, as well as Engineering Manager
Pros
fun to work
Cons
fun people
Enjoyed the time spent at WorleyParsons
Regional Controller - USLAC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2018
This multinational company was interesting and provided opportunities to travel and advance my skill set. Being a non-US company, my ability to manage other international challenges was enhanced.
great place to work
Project Engineer II (Current Employee) –  TrinidadMay 30, 2018
Great place to work, great management and experience attained. Work place culture is great. hardest past of job is working through turnarounds 15 hours shifts.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
traffic to office
Principal Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 22, 2018
Multi-cultural environment. Great and interesting project size. At WorleyParsons, belive in the benifits of a diverse and inclusive workplace. Indeed, diversity of backgrounds, skills, thinking and expertise is what helps to thrive and develop the experience needed in the industry.
Easy to balance work & Lif
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 12, 2018
Work schedule is nice (9/80). Having every other Friday off is a plus.
Management is needs to be more diversified. Unfortunately, management does not look long term to help drive business in this region.
Good pay and good co-workers
Designer II (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 10, 2018
The company pays well and has half decent benefits. I learned a lot from the great guys I worked with. I feel like the management had no direction for the company and that's why the work dried up.
Pros
Good pay, good co workers
Cons
Bad management
football
Engineering Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  londnMay 9, 2018
repeated
management 9 gas plants as mech. elect. and instrumentation activities
ongoing learned master degree in gas technology
shell university management curse p153
can i work any places
no any hard or enjoyable in my work
Great colleagues
Project Economist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2018
The consulting staff included very smart and experienced people. It was a joy and learning experience to work with most of them.
The company also gave enough autonomy that consultants had the chance to really create their own practice.
Good Place
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAApril 25, 2018
Very nice Managers, the work is challenging, and the people there are really nice to work with. There is a lot of knowledge so you can learn a great deal.
Productive and fun work place to be
LINUX Administrator/ IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
Working there has been a great opportunity and it help build me. The management is great and the work environment is so pleasant to be. I became a great team lead. I enjoyed every moment with the company.
great company
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
I am looking for a company that offer me more hours and I can be able to contribute with my piping knowledge for the grow of this company and myself. I am open mind to learn and work hard with the team and client.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight