WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Found 407 reviews matching the search See all 1,458 reviews
Wide customer base, always working
Instrument and Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 23, 2019
I was given support roles on several projects, while working as an entry-level engineer I did not work in a lead engineering role, but this gave me flexibility to learn about several different areas of project engineering.
Pros
Flexible hours and schedule, free food regularly
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 13, 2019
Currently trying, again, to out source work to foreign country. This has caused the current staff to decrease.
Work is driven from an individual located in another state.
Sorry to see a once thriving company in its current state.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
office is on the decline
The people make the difference.
Project Administrator, Senior (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 7, 2019
Worked for over 19 years with a wonderful management team. No two days were alike. Different projects had different criteria that needed to be met. Family environment.
Pros
Benefits: Excellent
Cons
Not always kept apprise of latest corporate developments
WP is best to work for
Electrical Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaFebruary 18, 2019
I have worked with WP for 14 years and have enjoyed every moment working with the Great Team and the management.

It was very long project and we worked like a family as we had to work long hours
good
Cons
nothing
Great Opportunity
LOMT Lead Operations and Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJanuary 16, 2019
It was a great move for me due to location and the up and coming gas power plant industry. Management is good and training provided is great for career advancement.
Pros
Cons
Shift Work
Worley Parsons Review
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, ALJanuary 12, 2019
One of my absolutely favorite companies to work for. The management team was very good and offered extended training for any career direction chosen. The support staff was very helpful and the culture was second to none.
Long career in the company mainly on overseas assignments. Nicely structured company with all disciplines of the company working together.
Supervising Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, Abu Dhabi, Nigeria, Iraq, Saudi ArabiaJanuary 9, 2019
Very good organization, beautifully managed internationally.

I worked on assignments in Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Abu Dhabi, mostly on a 8 week / 2 week rotation. Never had any issues with my travel documentation, ticketing, stay arrangements, or any other issues. Most of all the work was planned ahead and projects were executed smoothly.
good place to work until the layoffs
Resourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I loved my job, but was not given an opportunity to relocate to another position elsewhere. However, I would work for them again, given the opportunity.
Stay away
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 4, 2019
The company has been sinking for 5 years. They keep trying to hire expensive managers to come in, they promote them up and out and the mess is dealt with the employees who do the work. They don't care about you, the engineers that do the work. Very toxic company to work for. Stay far far away.
Pros
pays little above average
Cons
everything, people in Reading, PA seem to be stuck in 1970.
Great Company
Field Engineering Manager and Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina Saskatchewan and Sussex New BrunswickJanuary 3, 2019
I had the pleasure of working on 3 separate contracts with Worley. They were possibly the best company I've worked for during the last half of my career. Worley paid a great deal of attention to the needs of contract individuals. More than likely this had a great deal to do with the project managers but in any event my time at Worley was both rewarding and enjoyable.
Good pay in a large company
Environmental and Regulatory Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKDecember 19, 2018
Good pay, difficult to advance. Little job security. Long hours, but plenty of time off to compensate. Work culture not very personal, as it is a large firm spread throughout the world.
Good Company
Senior Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 22, 2018
Professional, good & friendly environment to work as skilled subject matter. Nice reputation worldwide and good history in Canada. Good people as colleagues.
WorleyParsons is a good employer.
Chief Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
WorleyParsons is a good employer. One of the largest EPC companies in the world. The work environment is very good, and the tools the company uses are comparable to the other large EPC Companies I have worked for.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
Oil & Gas Industry is not currently stable
Company Was a job
Senior Supervising Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
They took away 401K and our vacation due to the bad economy in Oil and gas starting in 2014. Laid off hundreds of employees and required you to work overtime sometimes not paying you for it….
Cons
They took away 401K and our vacation due to the bad economy
muy buen lugar para desarrollar una carrera
Senior Instrument Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
Con muchas oportunidades de crecimiento laboral, cultura laboral estricta en cuanto seguridad en el trabajo, excelente horario de trabajo
Pros
Buenas prestaciones, horario de trabajo
Grass is only greener because they throw money at it
Instrument/Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
Bad management, finger pointing, everyone is at fault. Chaos all around. Only good thing is they pay really well and have decent benefits. I would work there again for the money only.
Typical AE firm with cyclical work and changing staffing needs
Project Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 31, 2018
Typical A/E firm, the work comes and goes. Great people on an individual basis. Good pay. If they don't have billable work for you even short term you are out the door, very much like a commodity. I would work there again if we lined up, but I would always prepare for a layoff by over-achieving (working hard) and saving money. They were very good to me right up to the point where I stopped being 100% billable, then it was a fast dump.
Pros
good pay, good work, rewarding work
Cons
up and down industry, not very loyal to employees.
Felt like part of Family Environment
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 22, 2018
Stayed busy, interaction with fellow employees good. Team work guaranteed successful completion of projects.
I learned how to work with others.
Management was caring of personal life needs and allowed time off as needed.
The hardest part of the job was keeping work (projects). I was laid off twice in 25 years.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to work on more than one project at a time.
Pros
health insurance; 6% matching for IRA; good environment
Cons
lay offs when ran out of work.
Productive workplace
Senior Principal Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Energy Corridor in Houston, TXOctober 19, 2018
Professional as well as friendly. You get clear directions on your assignments. You know what is expected of you. We had periodic events to unwind and socialize. A very positive work environment.
Pros
Great working atmosphere.
Cons
Sorry I can't think of anything
Prefered place to work
Principal Engineer-Civil/structural (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Very relaxed and stress free work place with flexible and adjustable work hours. Mangers and supervisor are very supportive and helpful for effective execution of projects. plenty of guideline and training for advancements.
Pros
Relax work environment, generous benefit
Cons
Couldnot find

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight