Worthington Industries Employee Reviews

Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 16, 2019
Worthington in Paducah is honestly a great place. The people in both management and your coworkers are all friendly and fun to be around. The company offers excellent benefits and pay. While not really hard work, it is very repetitive. They make sure to move you around though so you don't get tired or wore out on one job. The only downfall of the plant is that it is hot in the summer.
great experience
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2019
great learning experience in the industrial great people respectable manager and works with you and helps understanding the company policy . Management was great teachers and works side by side .The hardest thing of the job way rotating shifts and
Great place to work at if you don't mind constant OT
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2019
Benefits and pay in this job are far above average and working at Worthington seems like a dream job. The big catch is that you are guaranteed to work 48 hours every week and depending on demand, they will increase OT to fulfill the quota. The company is a steel based company so there is always a need for overtime. If you can handle making life your work, this is a job for you.
Wonderful company, but unfortunate disconnect between branches and corporate
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bremen, OHJune 26, 2019
Let me start off with Worthington Industries (WI) being a wonderful place to work. It has absolutely wonderful policies for both hourly employees (who are actually on what they call "salary plan") and salaried employees. There's a wonderful culture there, and everyone is treated so well. The Golden Rule is actually one of WI's policies.
The one thing I will say though is that I started in October -- and was actually moved down there -- and was let go the next May. WI decided to stop doing business in the value stream for which I was hired, and several employees were let go without warning. No one at my branch knew until they were given packets with everyone's names on them. I was given an excellent severance package, and was told to please pursue other opportunities at Worthington, but it felt a bit hollow because I hadn't been given warning and there was no effort to place me elsewhere, despite the praise from several executives in the company. So now I am living here after they moved me, and got let go within a year of employment.
Pros
Excellent pay, transparency, salary plan for everyone
Cons
Average healthcare packages, only corporate really benefits from bonuses
Worst working experience of my life
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 23, 2019
I am sad to say that working for Worthington holds no redeeming qualities. The management team is disconnected from the floor as well as the other members of the team, all of my co-workers are worried about management deciding to blame them for the problem of the day, every job is a rush job that will entirely bypass all quality checks when Operations deems it "necessary," and no one from corporate cares in the least when presented with these issues. The culture is toxic, the pay and benefits are moderate, and management style is comprised of blaming everyone else for any problem that comes about.
Inventory Control, Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2019
Honestly my time with Worthington was great. No hard feelings towards them. In the future, if I moved back to Columbus, Ohio, I would def try to get a job there.
Pros
Respect, Benefits, Opportunity, Schedule
Excellent place to work
Supply Chain Lead (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJune 17, 2019
It is an excellent company with great culture. Tough industry, highly competitive market. The company is well diversified within the industry however the market is impacted by macroeconomics like tarif and imports.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult industry higly impacted by gobernment policies...Tarifs etc
Not a very good environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKJune 7, 2019
While at Worthington Industries, I was always treated poorly by both the coworkers and management. They made promises they did not keep on multiple occasions and would tell me that it was my own fault.
Fast pace and taxing
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJune 4, 2019
Worthington Steel industries paid very well with great benefits. The only down sides were no being able to advance until someone was fired or quit. The most taxing thing about the job is swing shifts. They take a toll on your health and schedule. Every two weeks you have to swing shifts.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Swing shifts
Terrible culture for women
Steel Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2019
Very difficult if not impossible for women to advance within the Steel Business Unit. Only a handful of female managers and 1 female director within the entire BU. Leadership roles are handed out to the frat club and not interviewed for. Most of the "leaders" of the organization are actually managers not leaders. I only know 1 leader within the BU that actually tries to grow and develop his people. Most are administrative managers that just care about their staff getting day to day activities completed.
Pros
Comp and benefits
Cons
All Male Frat Culture
Challenges at small business units
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 28, 2019
Worthington as a whole is a great company, however less focus and care was given to the smaller, satellite businesses. More effort should have been made to find the right people for the positions and remove those which were not adding to final cause and path forward.
Not good for anyone the is not white
master welder (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKApril 15, 2019
No money at 90 days .
No money at a year .
And never overtime .

Unfair , unprepared,
Managnet what you fo not to be successful so they can use you longer whith False promises

O and they talk a lot about bonus but is been 6 years and nothing . One time no one got a bonus because wee mees the 156$ deadline or something so no one got a bonus again .... but all the people in the ofice did exep the people the build the vesels
Good job management
Pros
The ensurance is good
Cons
The managmet is just kids playing to be managers
Great pay and benefits
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 14, 2019
Pay is good benefits are good. But management is a joke. People who are wanting to become management to fix the problems don't get the chance. They already have who they want picked out for a management job. All they are looking for is a yes man. They say we are a profit sharing company but the Columbus facility gets all our profits. If you like being let down every profit sharing quarter then this is the place for you. Many have left the facility do to management or lack of compensation of your work abilities. Favorites of management get what they want and get away with what they want.
Pros
Pay free training
Cons
Really sad my facility is closing
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2019
I have really enjoyed working here at Worthington industries. I haven´t worked here long but I´ve really enjoyed my time. I do some routine work, but I also have a great deal of freedom to create new processes to the way I do things as well as opportunities to solve problems and think critically. I got along really well with everyone there. At every job, there always seems to be that one person that is just very unpleasant and difficult to deal with. Not at this one. I spent a lot of time thinking about how it seemed too good to be true. It turns out it was because a few days ago they announced that our facility is closing. I would have been quite happy to stay there for several years provided that I would have had the opportunity for growth in that time. Unfortunately, though it´s back to the old job search again.
Pros
Generous pay and benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
No longer any jobs available in Salt Lake City
Alright
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 11, 2019
They work you 90 hours a week without any time off to replenish. They tell you stuff one day then change their minds the next day. They dont treat you right.
Nice place to work
Line Operator, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2019
Decent place to work. Very bother environment inside the warehouse. Would not want to go back to working there. Not paid very good. Management not very helpful
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Very hot warehouse
Poor managment/ weak union
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 4, 2019
The management preaches safety but causes unsafe situations. Required to run multiple machines at the same time, with no hilo support. So you have to load unload package and put away finished lifts.
Frequently made to go to other building to get lifts of slippery steel, driving it down bumpy road at night. All while your machine is running unattended. And they wonder why they have quality issues.
Worthington doesn't like unions so they pay union employees less than their other two plants for the same job. Every contract year they promise the world if you vote the union out. But even attack the employees on their side. Not to bright. Untrustworthy management
Dont let your wives work here
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIApril 1, 2019
Crazy hours make it hard to keep your family. On top of that alot of men in management are sleeping with married women on the floor and destroy there family lives. I've seen three marriages lost do to this.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you like it.
Cons
Bad place to work if you have a family.
Good factory position
Production (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDMarch 12, 2019
Worthington is a good place for someone just starting their career to go for experience. They are behind the times but are working towards a bright future.
not a bad place to work
Material Handler/Overhead Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHMarch 3, 2019
Not a bad company to work for. Good pay for the work. Can be demanding at times to make sure the work is completed on time, but then again a lot of companies are like this in order to be successful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not very flexable when it comes to scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight