Worthington Industries Employee Reviews

Cameleon
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIJuly 4, 2018
Kiss butts and femailes; you will be moving up.
Management is not real all two faced and secretive.
Bringing managment from Corporate to solve problems does not work. No local people in management. Does not favor employees. Those in management are provided with financial incentives such as profit sharing. Persecution and shaming are fundamental dynamics of managment.
The power is in corporate, the workers are union, company does not favor union and will not consider profit sharing or bonus structure for union employees.
Pros
Left over food from corporate events get passed down to workers.
Cons
Worthington way is not always the favorable way!
Very productive
Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 2, 2018
Worthington Industries was very fast paced and the people were very good to get along with. If it had not closed down I'd still be there. the job was nearly 10 minutes away
Great poeple on the floor doing the work. Very poor and shady management.
Powder Painter (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 29, 2018
Love the people on the floor. Management is untrustworthy and dishonest. It's never the most qualified person awarded a promotion. It's always awarded to the least qualified but, the one getting the promo is usually always a friend or relative of some one in upper management. I look for the place to go under or be sold. Cabs has never been profitable since Worthington Industries took over. The health insurance is a joke. You pay full price for all dr. Visits and all prescriptions until a $1000 deductible for single people, and $3000 for the family plan. If you dont participate in the wellness prgram, you're charged an extra $40, and the same if your spouse is covered. Worthington Industries also charges you for everything as well. You may earn a goid hourly rate but, after all the deductions, you're not really makin $
Pros
Good people on the floor
Cons
Very terrible health insurance. Like you none. 0 copays
kindful respectful poeple there hard working
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Porter, IN 46304June 27, 2018
Kindful respectful people there hard working friendly compeititive always to stay up to par on the product. Always loyal with customer service first well spoken kind hearted to always provide the right product to be correct and done at the present time.
Pros
free lunches profit sharing bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Hours and days expected to work where much higher then told
Electrical Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIJune 14, 2018
Work was not bad but company often did not live up to promises. The maintenance department was forced to work 12 days on 2 days off I did this for over 2 years. When hired was told that this would only be for 3 or 4 months but was permanent. Became grueling on mind and body.
Overview
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Worthington changed from an employee focus organization based on strong foundation to a stock holder / number based organization. Needed to get back to the foundation of the organization.
Pros
Good beenfits
Cons
To focused on profit sharing to offset lower than market base pay
Great company mismanagement at my location
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, OHMay 10, 2018
I enjoy many details of being employed by this company. The management team has been promoted within and lacks outside experience and or knowledge of other operating companies. The lack of manufacturing experience is to their management teams detriment.
Work to the bone
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIMay 8, 2018
As an assembler you will be putting things together until each hour you rotate to a new station. While this helps for avoiding cor pol tunnel on your hands, it wont help your sanity.
I was a temp welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 7, 2018
I worked there as a welder temporarily. I honestly liked how things was ran there. It was a clean and safe work environment. Most employees are cool to work with and management was also. How you was treated all depends on how you worked. If you done your job and done it in a timely manner then no one bothered you. I got laid off due to loss of contracts. And they wanted me to move to South Dakota but I honestly couldn’t afford to move 1800 miles. So it’s all good I’d recommend them. And would work for them again.
Work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSApril 30, 2018
The pace of the jobs were very demanding. The work environment is not very good at this time. The management is stressed and it is flowing down to the employees.
Former employer
Quality Leak Tester/Material (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 26, 2018
Very heavy work load. Not accommodations. Supervisor was so rude to people. Temps were treated differently. Research jobs before accepting an offer.
Pros
early schedule
Cons
early dismissal
Beware of Amtrol Worthington
Machinist (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIApril 2, 2018
H.R. & Management is cut throat & lie
Poor Training
Benefits not that good.
Line Workers got a 3 dollar an hour raise from min wage.
Workers are generally friendly surprised they havent voted in a union.
People come and go on a weekly basis.
Pros
Pay as a Machinjst or a Electrican was good
Cons
Poor Training & Management. H.R. lies
good
Industrial Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2018
good company, good people. You learn a lot. good benefit. I suggest this company for anybody. Felt like working in a familly oriented environment. It is the place to be.
not good place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 14, 2018
managment is very bad and threating their employees so much racism using other people cannot use restroom without their permision using employees force to do work
ok
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2018
It was a tough job that taught me that I could do any work that you put inf runt of me so long as it would be fair and not sexes and not what you just.
Experience
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, OHMarch 10, 2018
It's an overall good company to work for other and few issues. Such as a few bad apples of employees that ruin the day to day life. Most of the management team is a positive role model foe the employees but Somethings fall through the cracks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The climate of the employees towards other employees
Packer
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 7, 2018
It was a great place to work. I hated to leave i loved it there. wish they would have hired me on full time but instead they laid off all of their seasonal employees....
Good technology, bad management
marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2018
My time at Worthington was like graduate school. We were trained extensively in all aspects of our business and that of our customers. We made an excellent product and the employees were considered the best in the industry.

Inept new management ruined the 150 year old company and in 3 years and it ceased to exist.
Pros
good technology
Cons
bad management
Too many hours
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chilton, WI 53014March 6, 2018
They work employees to death and really only care about numbers. They work the employees 13 days straight a lot and only give them a day or 2 off. Not enough time for family.
Its a shame the plant closed.
Machinist/ Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 3, 2018
work was based on the automotive market, in particular power steering drives. The environment was upbeat and fast paced, most people got along just fine.
Pros
union shop
Cons
lots of offshift work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight