Worthington Industries
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Worthington Industries Employee Reviews in Jefferson, OH

Jefferson, OH14 reviews

steelsharingprofitindustrygoldenphilosophyplantovertime

Fast paced and repetitive but well rewarded.

Fast paced and repetitive work in the paint line dept. Time goes by quick like that! I feel the pay is fair and the quarterly bonus is, well a bonus! Good health care. Just stay outta the drama!

Pros

Good pay and profit sharing.

Cons

Drama

People in office don’t understand what the workers go through

I want to work at a place that the hirer up understand what it feels like to actually work in the conditions of hot, cold, stress,and say they are there for you and you never see them

June 22, 2022
Thank you for the review. We are disappointed to hear some of the management concerns you’ve shared. We do encourage employees to share concerns with their HR Representative, their manager or a leader of any level using the Open Door policy, or if they’d prefer to submit confidentially, our third-party Ethics Line, so that we may continue to get better in all we do.

Worthington Industries insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Goal oriented, good place to work with good benefits.

Competitive Starting pay, room to advance as long as you communicate the desire to. Great benefits, profit sharing. Profitable company allows you to focus on your task at hand, not the security of your job.

Pros

Some overtime, 8hr shifts, profit sharing

Cons

fast paced repetitive work.

January 26, 2022
Thanks for your review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoy working at Worthington Industries and that you value the many benefits and offerings the Company makes available to our employees. Keep up the great work in Jefferson!

Decent pay.

Benefits are ok. Work a lot of weekends. Sometimes work 9-10hour shifts. They have profit sharing. Dont have to be good at your job as long as you show up everyday, and that means if your sick too. They will say if your sick to stay home, but it will add up if you get sick often. Eventually they will let you go because of missed time. So if you are considering working here, just show up sick or not, collect the check and go home.

June 23, 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed to hear some of the management concerns you’ve shared. We do encourage employees to share concerns with their HR Representative, their manager or a leader of any level using the Open Door policy, or if they’d prefer to submit confidentially, our third-party Ethics Line, so that we may continue to get better in all we do.

Ehh

Your in the cliq or your not is only way to succeed. Cut throat atmosphere. Upper management has no clue day by day. no life work balance lots of 7 day weeks and very little time off

Pros

Free lunch ice cream machine profit sharing

Cons

Management, life work balance, time off, nobtrust

April 21, 2021
Thank you for your candid review. We hope you addressed any concerns you had with your manager, HR partner or using our Open-Door policy. We want to hear about these concerns so that we may address them when they arise. Thank you!

great place

I like it here. The people are nice and they make improvements all the time to make everyone job easier. The pay is decent and the quarterly profit sharing is nice

August 28, 2020
Thanks for your review! We’re glad you enjoy the people you work with, our dedicated focus on continuous improvement and our profit-sharing program. Keep up the great work in Jefferson!

Management Declining

Management likes to cut corners, do not listen to the qualified people about major safely and health issues involving machinery and compressors. Numerous safety issues such as leaking compressors, poor fork lift maintenance, poor air quality, and very lousy excuse for machinery used to create potential bombs. (propane tanks)

June 1, 2020
At Worthington, safety is our first priority. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope that you discussed them with your HR Partner or through the Open Door policy while you were here so any issues could be addressed appropriately. We take the safety and health of our employees very seriously. Although feedback like this is disappointing, it can help us continually improve and will be shared with the facility. Thank you.

Terrible

Company moral is pathetic. No advancement opportunity unless you are a favorite. They only promote lazy people who do not know anything about the job.

Great company mismanagement at my location

I enjoy many details of being employed by this company. The management team has been promoted within and lacks outside experience and or knowledge of other operating companies. The lack of manufacturing experience is to their management teams detriment.

Experience

It's an overall good company to work for other and few issues. Such as a few bad apples of employees that ruin the day to day life. Most of the management team is a positive role model foe the employees but Somethings fall through the cracks.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

The climate of the employees towards other employees

decent place to work but you are either in the "click" or you arent

the work place is decent. the people working out on the floor really do give it their all but management takes advantage of that. they work the guys half to death, running them through their breaks and then expect them to be happy. they tend to keep the bad workers because they are someone's relative and get rid of the good workers because they stated an opinion about one of the bad workers. The metrics of the facility seems to be the workers against the front office workers. the people in the front office think they are helping when implementing a new piece of equipment and then in turn take one guy and make him have to do three jobs when the original job they already were doing, was hard enough as is.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

terrible ethics, they dont follow their policies.

good enviroment

I loved working there, even though half the people on the paint line where actually rude and huge drama starters, I mainly kept to myself. The days went by pretty fast, there wasn't really much overtime when I was there. I would love to go back there if I had the chance!!! definitely a great place to work. Oh the main bad thing is you have to wear a jacket every day all day for the first 90 days even in the burning hot weather!!! also the benefits are great the insurance for the health care is also good.

Pros

good people

Cons

only two breaks. and having to wear a jacket in the summer.

Group lead 18 people daily. Did daily turn-ins for production Had daily control of inventory Worked the paint line for 15 years. Made use of lean management and 6S. Powder coat and pre treatment daily Daily interaction with entire plant Enforced safety at all times Worked with upper management daily to get orders complete Use of FIFO Training through the company was great. Moved from floor employee to middle management and supervisor within 5 years. I loved the job I did. I was able to interact with management. we brainstormed daily and they listened to my ideas. I was involved in many cost savings projects. Thinking outside the box was used daily.

Pros

Advancement for your work ethics

fun place to work for

Had a blast learning and contributing. Safety is a main priority there. If your lucky enough to get into the company, the benifits are a plus.

Pros

free lunches and t-shirts

Cons

18 months probation period.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight