Worthington Industries

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Productive work environment

Worthington is a good place to work overall. They have a small company feel for a larger company. Profit sharing is nice and they appreciate you're hard work.

Pros

Profit sharing

Cons

Ups and downs of steel prices

August 12, 2021
Thanks for your review! We’re glad you enjoy the people you work with, our dedicated focus on continuous improvement and our profit-sharing program. Keep up the great work in Monroe!

Can make good money. Too much politics

Worthington in Monroe Ohio use to be a good place to work but the culture has gone down hill too much politics and favoritism in that plant. Seen a lot of good hard working people get passed up because they are not part of the “it crowd”. Nobody to trust in that plant to talk to about the issues that going. I really think corporate needs to dig deep in that plant especially when you have people that’s been there for 22 years and they end up quitting seen people with more than 5 years and up quit that place. Has to be a sign for corporate but then again who knows. I was a crane op for many years and seen so many great people leave that place.

Pros

Healthcare profit sharing when good

Cons

Culture going down hill

August 26, 2021
We’re sorry to hear you had concerns about the culture at your facility. We hope you shared or addressed any concerns while you were working here. Our Open-Door policy is intended to provide an outlet for addressing concerns, which includes any level of management, all the way up to the President & CEO should it need escalated. These can be shared in person or through written statements. The Company also offers a confidential third-party reporting line and website should any employee wish to remain anonymous.

Very politicial

If you was not in the in crowd .. You was a waste .. And if you did your job excellent and work all the ovwr time avabile and never missed or was late a day .. They would find a way to let ya go and that is a fact did ot to there truck drivers and long time employees and seniority does not mean a thing with this company.. And that could be the people they have in charge there . . Worked there 10yrs know what im talking about

Pros

Money

Cons

Politics favortism unfair lie to your face

April 21, 2021
We’re sorry to hear you had these experiences during your time with Worthington. We hope you shared or addressed any concerns while you were working here. Our Open-Door policy is intended to provide an outlet for addressing concerns, which includes any level of management, all the way up to the President & CEO should it need escalated. These can be shared in person or through written statements. The Company also offers a confidential third-party reporting line and website should any employee wish to remain anonymous.

Great company

A great company that treats you really well. The wage is fair, but the culture and people make up for that. Overall a good place to work. Great management.

Pros

The people

Cons

The pay

August 28, 2020
We agree – our people are awesome! Thanks for your review; we are glad you enjoy working at Worthington.

Excellent place to work

It is an excellent company with great culture. Tough industry, highly competitive market. The company is well diversified within the industry however the market is impacted by macroeconomics like tarif and imports.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Difficult industry higly impacted by gobernment policies...Tarifs etc

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fast pace and taxing

Worthington Steel industries paid very well with great benefits. The only down sides were no being able to advance until someone was fired or quit. The most taxing thing about the job is swing shifts. They take a toll on your health and schedule. Every two weeks you have to swing shifts.

Pros

Great pay and benifits

Cons

Swing shifts

not a bad place to work

Not a bad company to work for. Good pay for the work. Can be demanding at times to make sure the work is completed on time, but then again a lot of companies are like this in order to be successful.

Pros

good pay

Cons

not very flexable when it comes to scheduling

Family Friendly company

Love working at Worthington Industries. Love the people and the work. My boss is the best boss I've ever had had down. My work crew is awesome and great to work with. Just wish they had better competitive wages.

Pros

Benefits, Environment, HR management, Schedule, Overtime, Training

Cons

Hourly wages!!!

Great place to start and gain experience

I really enjoyed working here. Excellent culture, but the compensation was not anything to write home about. During my time, profit sharing was a key part of the compensation structure, but the company failed to turn a profit during my time there. Thus, the compensation was lacking. I gained some excellent experience, and the company treated me well. There has been some restructuring since I left, so I don't know how the culture is at this time.

Loved that job

Was a great job I worked 7-12 hr shifts for a few months my checks were so nice and then when I need off they worked with me. A great company and over times 2x pay so really paid off made a boat load of money.

Sweat shop!

The Columbus facilities may be great places to work, but the Monroe location is not! Swing shift, low wages, pretty much a sweat shop. Co-workers would throw you under the bus in a second. One of the worst jobs I ever had, and I have worked in manufacturing over 30 years. Steer clear of Worthington in Monroe, Oh.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Everything else

production above safety or happiness always

You got through a lot to get on there. And you stay broke for almost a month waiting on the first paycheck. Plus having to buy boots. Some people work very very hard. And others do not. Which is terrible and makes the hard workers burned out. Beware if you get hired for production they will throw you anywhere they want. And if you don't like it there's the door. Very unsafe.

Pros

Some very good people. Not all but some. Ok money

Cons

management don't want to know how things get done. Not really. Watch your back always.

Productive Work Place

Worthington Industries is a great company to work for. Daily I handle quality issues with material for various lines and blanking presses. Also I enter quality results for testing and run a CMM machine to check dimensions on blanks and various tooling.

Pros

People

Cons

Lack of opportunities to grow within company

productive and interesting

always had a good working environment loved the people I worked with enjoyed coming to work. I learned something new every day.

Worst job I ever had

Out of touch management, rotating shifts, 2 weeks then go next shift 1,2,3. Low pay bad benefits.

Pros

Cons

Swing shift, 2 weeks first, 2 weeks second, 2 weeks third. Supervisors are lost, one operation to the next has no clue what is happening.

Productive days with good people

It's a Good place to work at any level. You'll be learning about different types of Machinery

Pros

Profit sharing

Cons

bi-weekly paychecks

having to take a lunch

a typical day at work starting on what was ordered out to do, then following and finding things to do until time to get off of work. co workers were easy to get along with for the most part. hardest part of the job would be the computers im more of a hands on guy. loved the over time and weekend hours.

Pros

overtime, working weekends

Cons

hired on full time with the company

A good job !

I worked at Worthington Steel 24 years. I worked in maint.for 2 yrs. production for 10 yrs. and tool crib for 12 yrs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with other employees.

Pros

lots of overtime

Cons

had to work overtime to make enought money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss