Worthington Industries
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Worthington Industries Employee Reviews in Taylor, MI

Taylor, MI6 reviews

steelsharingprofitindustrygoldenphilosophyplantovertime

Great pay, Decent benefits, Not much else going for it.

This place isn't half bad if you are in need of cash quickly and able to work constantly with rotating shifts, It pretty much demands a total sacrifice of personal freedom and life but in exchange provides you solid compensation, Management and leadership aren't as good as they make themselves out to be, But the crews are typically great people.

Official response from Worthington Industries

May 12, 2022
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with your coworkers and supervisors. If you feel there is an issue that needs addressed, we encourage you to speak to your supervisor, HR Partner or use our Open Door Policy.

Not for everybody

A decent place to work, potentially a career you have to find your place in there. If the person training your gets fed up than its on you or someone else who decides to help you IF.. Your work schedule and breaks and life is decided on your Operator, I had to work an early shift because my Operator had a dentist oppointment smh. People work hard in there and some have to talk to management to be compensated on there work and skill. If you get your crane license or forklift license you don't get a raise for it either. Its petty people who will do petty things and get your fired but its good people there as well. Oh yeah 20 min lunches for 8 hour shift 20 mins...

Official response from Worthington Industries

April 21, 2021
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honesty and take your comments very seriously as we continuously work to provide the best environment for our employees.

Worthington Industries insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Awuful Job

This place puts you in a class for two weeks to learn just all the paper work and groups who have to join or you won't work there. Then they put however many is in the class on the floor with a guy they call a training Buddy, But how is one guy going to show a group how stuff is supposed to be done?This job is bogus!

Pros

Cons

Hot, under trained, broke equipment that gets bandaid treatment from their maintenance, and they push donating your own money to adopt a family and other programs they run, place is a joke

Management is a joke

Management is a joke the lie to the employees almost on a hourly basis they have no clue what to do the area manager is completely stupid and the HR is incompetent

Pros

The employees

great place to work

WSP Taylor is a great place to work. The good people and management listens very well. It just takes a while for changes to happen but they do happen in this plant and the people are very good to work with you are basically family when you work there

Pros

profit sharing and easy to move up if you are driven

Cons

hours can be long and endless when the business is picking up

Productive work environment enabling me to grow and learn with great management.

Work with various steel sheet sizes. Consistently enforced safe work practices in compliance with OSHA. Great relationship building with co-workers and upper management. Efficiently completed maintenance logs daily. Went over and above job description duties in preventative maintenance on machines. Assisted cut-to-length operator as needed. Was able to complete daily job duties yet was able to take great initiative on my own. Learned efficient multi-tasking skills Was able to continue building relationships through my time at Worthington Steel. Was able to use detail-oriented skills in day to day. Enabled me to stay organized and efficient. This job was enjoyable yet pushed me everyday to exceed expectations; which were always met. Great management, great co-workers, great overall experience.

Pros

Great relationship building, could take initiave on my own while completing niormal job dutuies.

Cons

Not enough room for growth and leadership positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Worthington Industries with

Learn about Worthington Industries in Taylor, MI

Worthington Industries reviews by popular job title

• Worthington Industries