WoundCentrics Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2019
Providers are expected to falsify records in some areas. Management is poor. Rarely responds to questions, concerns. Training was fair but felt unprepared
Poorly Managed Company/Poor pay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXNovember 16, 2017
Management is young and inexperienced, doesn't know how to effectively resolve conflict. Management also not truthful to employees especially regarding pay and raises.
Pros
Working Hours/No Weekends
Cons
Poor Management
great company to work for
Wound Care PA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2018
After being hired, you go to training for approx 1 week. All is paid for. You then get training by current empolyee at your location who helps become established in your facility with all policies and procedures. Schedule is very flexible. There is PTO and paid holidays. Supervisors are very active and helpful.
Poor upper management and zero employee appreciation or loyalty
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 15, 2016
Upper management are all friends and play favorites. Double standards throughout the company. Their expectation of hours worked by salary employees is unrealistic. Total disregard for an employees family life. There is no verbal or monetary appreciation of their loyal hard working employees. The company is to to top heavy with upper management which leaves nothing for the employees that keep the company going every day.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Upper mgmt, disregard for patient care or employee moral
Incompetent Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 28, 2015
Management is concerned about one thing and one thing only and it's not patient care. This company is so distracted by numbers that it has forgot what pays the bills. Clinics are in a downward spiral due to the poor quality of care. Your work day is driven by the billing cycle. If you have a family you will be passed on any advancement. Travel is 100%. The deception starts even in their job posting. Outstanding case management dept.
Pros
Exceptional coworkers and patients
Cons
Long hours, no lunch, deceptive hiring techniques and poor communication
No Job Advancement
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 8, 2014
I have learned a lot in my current position; however a typical work day is very stressful with no compensation.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Short breaks and over worked
great environment and friendly coporation
Wound Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 23, 2013
excellent job with wonderful benefits
.........
great co workers
Poor Upper Management
Wound Care Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 10, 2013
Upper management is totally out of touch with clinical teams. They only care about $$ and the number of pts that can be admitted. All clinical field educatuon has been eliminated. Company wide lay offs have stretched the clinical teams to the max. Many good people have been let go, and the same incompetence remains at the top. Managers are hired based on business experience. They prefer not to hire nurses. There is a general lack of respect for the nursing profession in general.
Upper management does not grasp the idea that happy employees, equal happy customers, equals increased profits.
Horrible corporate culture for nurses to work in.
Pros
Excellent team of nurses, who genuinely care about patients.
Cons
Non clinical managers. Focus is on number of pts admitted, not on quality care. The new CEO is clueless about what made the company successful.
Do not work for these people
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 27, 2015
Typical day of work involved managing the schedule which changed every hour on a daily basis.
Upper management is verbally abusive with no repercussions. Back stabbing is a regular occurrence from upper management.
Upper management does not understand what goes on in the trenches.
They expect hours of work that is not compensated for. Spending your own money on supplies.
People working in clinical roles that have absolutely no clinical experience whatsoever.
People without clinical experience making decisions for patients and their care.
Expected to work holidays unless the physician cancels clinic and then that is questionable.
Pros
If you want something that is days, this is perfect.
Cons
Only two weeks vacation. Upper management.
Great Place to Work!!!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma, TexasJanuary 27, 2016
WCS has an amazing group of clinicians, management, and support team as a whole. I have worked for this company many years and although companies do transition and changes are made from time to time as they grow I can not imaging myself working anywhere else. The support system here from our C level executives is wonderful and the high level of expertise and hard work from all of our clinicians and seeing these patients heal is beyond words. I love my job here and everyone I work with!
Pros
Amazing clinicians, great team, great upper management support
Cons
horrible work conditions, NO support from management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 28, 2015
This company does not value their employees. They fight with each other at corporate and take it out on their employees. Expect no breaks and to run your patients through like cattle. They do not care about outcomes, all about the $$. Then they will lie to your face and fire you for no reason or lie about firing you. Sure they pay well, but it will cost you. Go find another place to work. Do not sell your soul to the highest bidder. The team is beaten into submission and are not allowed to contact you post employment. Some work days are 16 hours long with NO breaks, no food. Salaried positions WILL work 50-60 hours a week and even then corporate will still complain.
Cons
nice to work with friends on a daily basis we gave awesome care to our patients
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 17, 2012
be at work 30min before patients to set up clinics:we used certain areas at every clinic so we brought all equipment with us.
continually learning new things due to every patient has a different type of wound.
my co-workers were the best
con: people come to assist in clinic and don't think the flow of the clinic is good; however, its just new and change is good
hardest part was the # of people who lost their jobs
pro's: main office in metarie all the staff were wonderful, Regional boss great person.
Pros
working with a small group of people, the doctors are friendly, the patients were wonderful
Cons
driving daily to different clinics, favoritism, they make decisions without observing but by he and/or she said
Great company
Wound Care/ Hyperbarics Community Educator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2017
They were bought out and it ruined everything! The management and all the old staff members from CEO, upper management, etc were AWESOME. Then they were bought out :(
Great job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2014
Our name is what we do, as wound care specialists we focus solely on wound care and hyperbaric medicine. We are the leader in the treatment of outpatient wound care …

Wound Care Specialists is one of the fastest growing outpatient wound care companies in the country, our unique approach and vast experience partnering with all types of healthcare facilities also makes us one of the most successful. Our partners cut across a wide range of healthcare facilities including: critical access hospitals, acute care hospitals, long-term care rehabilitation hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 5, 2015
A typical day at work is always busy. I have learned how to do medical billing and coding.

The management team works together and my co workers are very informative and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is that I am the only one in my current position.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the vendors and everyone is satisfied with my work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
temp work
Pay well but...
RN - Lead Wound Care RN (Former Employee) –  MSJune 8, 2015
This company pays well but could care less about quality patient care or outcomes. Sure, at the corporate level, they preach all the right things, but at the clinical level it is all about moving patients through the clinic like cattle. A pure numbers game. Nurses are EXPECTED to work without lunch or a break in order to keep the flow going. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Quality patient care isn't even a consideration.
Good Services Keep Clients Happy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 21, 2014
Making the Patients feel welcome in being able to have the ability help someone in a special way makes my day amazing in a true blessing .
Pros
Coming early to get them check in and out from their appointments
Cons
Having to stay late until the patients are seen, but I it was great long as their wait was not very long I was happy .
Venture Capital Owned
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 24, 2016
The management of this company was constantly turning over. I did not get guidance on my job. They are owned by a venture capital firm that is looking to cut cost which affects patient care.
great concept. provides much needed service to rural population.
Wound Care RN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 3, 2014
no weekends or holidays. work hours vary day to day and clinic to clinic.changes to scheduling and clinic start ups need to be addressed
Pros
no holidays or weekends
Cons
expected to purchase much needed equipment and supplies up front and be reimbursed.
Great Company- Great Wound Care Nurses
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2016
Based out of Louisiana great cultural- training provided- a lot of paper work and confusion when managing a clinic in another hospital when their rules are different from WCS
Pros
Great pay
Cons
owned by a investor groups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WoundCentrics. Our community is ready to answer.