Wounded Warrior Project Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fundraiser
Fundraising (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
Received support in the beginning but then it went downhill. Lack of communication between teams and internal team moral was low. A lot of assumptions.
Philosphy good but not consistent in whole company
N/A (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
Company good, my division of the department has a poor manager
work could be more challenging
benefits good
pay lower than market but it is a not for profit
Great Place to Work
Warrior Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2018
If you are looking for a positions that will require the most out of you, this is your company.

As with most non-profits, you will get a chance to work on huge tasks with little prep time, but thats what made my time there so much fun. Your efforts are highlighted and your applauded.
Fulfilling position to help others
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2018
This was a learning experience. I was able to provide care for a loved one. Assisting in any way to help a person thrive to their fullest potential is a rewarding career.
Volunteer for the Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Point, NYFebruary 1, 2018
This is a wonderful place to volunteer. I prepared and distributed meals to wounded warriors at West Point Military Academy up in West Point, New York.
Disorganized. Poor Management.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2017
I thought WWP would be a well oiled machine but it was a disorganized mess. Manager in charge of the department had no experience in that departments function.
Pros
Free snacks
Warrior in Transition
Warrior in Transition (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 30, 2017
Over three years in a hospital to either heal me so that I could return to the fight protecting our country or medical retirement. Ends in medical retirement.
Pros
Addressed my injuries for the best outcome.
Cons
Long and tedious process to heal and retire.
Great mission, poor leadership
Soldier Ride Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
WWP provides good benefits and a modest pay range for their staff. Due to FLSA managers make less than the staff they supervise. All the staff working with the warriors are amazing. However, there is questionable middle and upper management. Since the fake news scary in 2016 by CBS leadership care more about outside perception and the image of the company over taking care of warriors. The organization has become highly bureaucratic and leadership doesn't share anything with their first level leaders. Opportunities for development for the manager and their teams are nonexistent. The staff that has been with WWP for years have been leaving in waves in the last 12 months due to the shift and lack of trust in upper leadership. There is very little growth available with the nonprofit.
Honorable place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2017
WWP is such a honorable experience, whether its being part of the career team or just having opportunity of meeting the members.
The management team is helpful on all levels & very much informative. Working for WWP knowing you are helping, even in the smallest way, to our Warriors that protect us is a proud & endless feeling.
Very great place to work..
Non-Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2017
This is a very great place to work. being able to help wounded soldiers and their families. This job makes you appreciate the life we live and provides you with free trips.

Want to know more about Wounded Warrior Project?

Ask a question
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Welcome Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2017
Everyone is committed to the cause of helping veterans. These are a group of young adults who are very passionate about their work. And solving problems that may arise. The office ran better before the female leads came on board. But I still love my environment here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancements
A New Foundation
Cohort Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2017
Brought me into the civilian world. I attended college, participated in physical development, social development, and cognitive training five days a week. I learned many coping skills as well as social skills.
Challenging and competive enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Very interesting place to work. It kept you on your toes, throughout the day, as you encounter soldiers with different problems that had to be addressed. As the day continued you found yourself not only being a driver but sometime as a listening ear for someone who need somebody to talk with. Sometime you could give advice being a much older disabled veteran, then again you knew from experience
not to say anything just sit there and lend a ear.
Pros
Made you feel you made a difference in someone life.
Cons
Sometimes encounter veteran who were in very bad condition.
Wounded Warrior Project
Cohort Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
My experience at Wounded Warrior Project was an absolute blast. I enjoyed every second I attended WWP and I learned various skills while I was there. I would recommend WWP for anyone who wants to learn how to communicate and network.
Lack of communication
N/A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2017
I have applied with company several times on different levels, I have never heard anything back. I know that I am qualifies experience and education I have heard negative things about this company and their hiring policies that does not match how they hire or consider people for employment
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2017
WWP Talk was chatting it up with any Wounded Warrior regarding any issues they may have and to talk about whatever they needed we would refer out if we felt the need to.
Pros
Massages, snacks, breaks as needed
WWP great at reinventing people
Alumni Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Wounded WArrior Project helped me to adjust back to civilian life again after i was injured in the line of duty twice and forced to retire from the Navy. They helped me to adjust to struggles i was having and helped me connect to similar stories and amazing people.
Pros
free lunches and vending machines
Cons
no breaks, too many drug tests to count
So so
Track (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
It was an ok environment lacked good leadership and people of high moral character. Needs improvements in how they serve veterans. Currently not all about the veteran and more about their own brand
Pros
Free lunch and location
Cons
Negative and not all about the warrior
Fun and rewarding place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Wounded Warrior Project is a great place to work. Every day is a rewarding experience with great teammates. The finance department is a fast-paced environment.
I love my country
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2017
I served my country to give back to it. There is nothing more to say other than I loved it. Even the bad days were good. Now I'm just adding words because there is minimum of 20 words, but for some reason the counter is off or they just want more material. So I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I have a great day.