Woundtech Employee Reviews

Great job with a growing company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2018
I have worked as a nurse practitioner with other companies. This job is unlike any others I've had as I have more control and autonomy. With my patient load, I am able to set my own schedule for the day. As a single mom, I have the flexibility to be there for my kids after school. I am not tied to a clock. I enjoy that.

I also like to take care of my patients from the time they start treatment until they are discharged. We create strong connections and I enjoy that. That's why I became a nurse practitioner. It is all about the patients and providing excellent care.

I also like that I am paid per visit. I can scale up when I want to and see more patients and earn more money.
Pros
Flexibility and Financial Autonomy
Excellent place to work - ideal for a working mom
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Woundtech has a unique model which allows for a lot of flexibility in the life of a NP. I have been here for years and recently I have seen a lot of things improve with the company. I really feel that the company is starting to listen to all of us in the field. It's been long over due, but I'm happy that they are doing it now.

Like other jobs, charting is the worst part of it, but overall I love what I do and the fact that I can see the same patients and see them healing is amazing. Most places I've worked in the past, you see whoever comes through the door. This is the most rewarding job I have ever had.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, Benefits, Management
Cons
Driving
Horrible employment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2018
This company was a private equity buyout, there is no career growth or advancement for any current or future employee. There is no interest or caring for any employee, The company only has one goal to grow numbers in order to sell and re-cope their investment. There are a bunch of cut-throat employees and new people brought in from the private equity company that know absolutely nothing of corporate operations, clinical competency, wound care or the basic ability of customer service satisfaction. This company is a looser! Strongly suggest you pass them by as they will surely sink due to poor management. Recently they have fired many of their key personnel responsible for generating business and have proven in the past of no bonuses paid even thought numbers were achieved.

Do re-think employment with this company and check {x} Pass!
You'll save yourself the grief of micro management no raises or career advancement.
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst management ever
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLOctober 27, 2018
No support from management. Training program poor. Assistance with charting very helpful. Planning my own schedule was the best part.Spending time with my patients I really enjoyed.
Pros
Planning your own schedule, assistance with charting
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, no retirement plan
Fun work place with lots of opportunities
PCC (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 12, 2018
A lot has changed since I have been with the company and it's all for the good. Health insurance was improved this year compared to last year. Company is really focusing on improving employees lives. I'm really enjoying working here.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, fun people, and a fun culture
Cons
Very unorganized corporate company.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2018
WoundTech is first and foremost a corporate company. They care more about the bottom line than patient care. During my two years with the company I can not tell you how many times the staff in the Florida office turned over. The nurses in the call center did not know wound care. Many were difficult to understand because English is a second language. Company policies would change overnight without adequate explanation. Supervising physicians are in name only. Corporate office would demand you see patients not in your territory. I do not recommend working for this company at all. Since I worked for the company all of the clinicians except one has left the company.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Everything about this company
Any 7 days of the week you chhose
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Little to no training, minimal support from main office in Florida for work in California. East coast hours for West coast expectations. Daily pounding from Case Managers who are nurses practicing medicine without a license to do so from their office chairs. Meanwhile my medical license and hands expertise is responsible for decisions on patient care.
Pros
Opportunity to learn advanced wound care. Expect to teach yourself.
Cons
See above.
Great company doing a lot of the right things
Patient care coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 11, 2018
I've been here for over a year and the company has certainly evolved. Change is always scary, but as the growth has been happening, things have improved. For example, we now have better benefits, better access to tools, and a more structured work environment.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to move up and learn things.
Cons
constant change
a great place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoy my job as a Nurse Practitioner with this company. Pay is per patient and competitive in pay. The hardest part of the job is, like always, the charting. It is not difficult just time consuming but that is health care in general. It is where we are at. The management is available at any moment to answer questions or assist in any way. The case managers and schedulers are there to help you in any way possible. Most are very nice. The executive team is also available and easy to approach if necessary. Flexiblity is key to this job. We see patients in their homes, so start and end times are up to you. No need to hurry to drop off the kids at school to punch a clock.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This business does not conform to any form of basic human resource practices such as job postings for promotional benefits. Those that are in the click are the only ones that are told or molded and then promoted without even having to compete or interview anyone else that may have better job qualities or experience. The morale for advancement is non existence. Policies are not thought out and handed down without any employee input. Employees are kept out of the loop on important decisions that effect their job performance nor are they recognized for the hard work they put in.
Awful place to work
Telehealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 18, 2017
Management is awful, from the top down. They were not supportive of the staff at all. The company makes many promises that they have no intention on delivering on. You're lucky if you get a raise every two years.
They have started to outsource some of their work to India, so I would wonder about job security.
There is no room for growth and you are NOT a valued employee there.
Should you have any issues, don't expect Human Resources to be of any assistance.
The field employees receive minimal training. Many of them have zero wound experience. Would you want your elderly mother's wound being treated by someone who has no knowledge in wound care?
The only plus is that it's a steady job with a guaranteed paycheck.
Pros
A steady paycheck
Cons
Too many cons to list
"The perfect mom job"
Wound Care Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2017
This is a great position for someone who is not able to work long hours or has children to tend to at home. You make your own schedule and you are your own boss. However, there is no growth or room for a lot of learning - it is extremely specialized. But will highly recommend for any practitioner needing a more relaxed lifestyle, and doesn't mind driving a lot.
Interview process leaves alot to be desired...Unprofessional
LPN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Interview process is pretty much a sham a waste of time . Im sure they dont treat there nurse practitioners like that. As a casemanger its a very different story.. I tend to lean towards the fact that if its bad in the beginning than its just a bad place. As much as I love wound care (and all that it encompasses) this place really disappointed me. Finally when you negociate a salary Stick by it dont waffle around. It makes you and company look bad.
Pros
The water
Cons
The Administrative Manager not a professional
Horrible work environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 12, 2017
No one wanted to train because of the in and out of employees who don't stay , the employees there are to comfortable and are even rude to there supervisor, & the People who train you don't even train properly and are disorganized, when you go to a supervisor nothing is done . When you get hired they don't even tell you half of the things you will be doing so when you start your overwhelmed and over worked and under paid .
Pros
Cons
Under paid no 401k
Flexible job withscheduling and 4 day work week
Nurse Practitioner, FNP Wound Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2017
Very independent job with flexible scheduling. Minimal micromanaging, must drive to the patients home twice per week. Relaxed environment with extra personal time with each patient.
Pros
Flexibility, 4 day work week, Good supplemental income, good job for working mothers
Cons
lacking benefits, PTO below pay rate, documentation time consumming
Rewarding speciality that enhances my nursing background
Wound Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2017
Woundtech provides high quality care to patients allowing the NP to work autonomously. When I started, decent support was available to assist in treatment of wounds and documentation. Great flexibility with hours. Am able to spend time with my kids even going to their school events. Decent pay for the amount of flexibility, especially here in CA. Would like a 401K plan. Good PTO benefits.Training is paid for although could be at higher rate.
Pros
Flexibility, understaning management, pay
Cons
no 401K; need to have improved pay for holidays and PTO
Mid level practioners treated like servants
employee (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 26, 2017
No independence in decision making. protocol dictates that mid level practitioners consult with case managers who are registered nurses or LPNs. good pay but be ready to be be a slave. This company is comprised of mean spirited individuals . Holidays are always an issue. Supervisor dictates that clinician see all patients on case load on one day when a holiday is taken. Poor communication. patients can't get hold of people. clinicians can't get hold of people in the corporate office . EMR sucks .
Pros
good pay
Cons
Poor management. Nasty supervisors and managers.
Hard working place with bad staffing and management
Assist patients ADL's and physical therapy (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day at work is clock in and do my work and assist other coworkers who are in need, as well as the patients. I learned to work with people from different cultures and be accepting and understanding of diversity. I learned how to maintain a calmness and be professional at all times even in uncomfortable situations. My co-workers are not as helpful and they are not really good team players. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting the patients and being an advocate for them and their families.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
unprofessional staff management
Wound Technolgy helps the elderly
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 1, 2014
Wound Technology has dedicated nurses and providers who care about their patients. This company has great leadership.
Pros
daily interaction with pateints, and employees
Cons
turnover of employees
wound technology
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 16, 2012
great company, great benifits, great management, great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woundtech. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9