Woundtech Employee Reviews

Clinicians unappreciated
Field Clinician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2019
Significant mileage on personal transportation, no support or management of schedule, travel time between patients impractical . Jacksonville is the largest city land mass and you will drive all day from Nassau, North, West, East and South each day . Increased patient seen per day, unsafe work conditions. Management support poor. Poor training, very unorganized . Visits assigned whether initial , follow up, or readmit has same time allotted ; also same pay rate per visits. Numbers > patient care.
Pros
Care to community in which you live
Cons
More driving less care provided, horrible management, poor training, No control of number of patients versus miles traveled, no chance for pay increase however increased patients seen per day
Great Company
Field Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL 33021February 26, 2019
I enjoyed the work. Great staff! The company is very helpful with clinical guidance. The EMR is easy to use . The onboarding process is 2 weeks long and very informative.
A great place to work
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Hollywood FloridaDecember 27, 2018
I have been an employee with this company for over 5 years. I have seen many positive changes during that time:
401 K instituted.
Increased health benefits.
Pet insurance.
Liberal working hours.
I also know that other benefits are in the works.
This is a corporation that acts like a “Mom and Pop” business in that they take care of the employees both professionally and personally.
I have seen the plans for the new office which includes a lactation room for new mothers and a nondenominational prayer room for the staff among other things.
The employee committee has increased morale dramatically by holding luncheons – parties-contests -etc.
Pros
None to speak of as the management addresses any employee concerns swiftly.
Cons
Keep doing what you are and keep listening to your staff.
Love working with a company that's really making a difference
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 17, 2018
The best thing about working at Woundtech is that I can stand 100% behind the products and services we sell. I have such a high level of satisfaction knowing that I would recommend my entire family to be seen by any one of our clinicians for wounds and related issues.

I have a good understanding of what I do and how it impacts our patients and love getting letters back from patients when we heal previously unhealable situations. Honestly it's the best company I have worked for and leadership is supportive. I disagree with a lot of the negative reviews as I have not experienced any issues.
Pros
Lots of events for employees, good benefits, fun people
Cons
Sometimes too busy but not so much that it's unmanageable
Great company with great morale
PR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 13, 2018
Woundtech is expanding very rapidly which is great for job security. We are constantly hiring, looking for great talent and the employee morale because of it is definitely changing for the positive. The management team is listening more, there is a new suggestion box, there are more activities being done as a company and philanthropy is starting to evolve into more here. There is an employee committee that has been working to bridge the gap between what the employees are looking for and what management knows about. THey even started offering pet insurance. The place is really becoming a great place to work.
Pros
PTO (more than I've ever had starting with a company), 401K, good benefits, employee morale and fun activities
Cons
We work in a few different offices right now but we are merging into one brand new office next year
Great job with a growing company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2018
I have worked as a nurse practitioner with other companies. This job is unlike any others I've had as I have more control and autonomy. With my patient load, I am able to set my own schedule for the day. As a single mom, I have the flexibility to be there for my kids after school. I am not tied to a clock. I enjoy that.

I also like to take care of my patients from the time they start treatment until they are discharged. We create strong connections and I enjoy that. That's why I became a nurse practitioner. It is all about the patients and providing excellent care.

I also like that I am paid per visit. I can scale up when I want to and see more patients and earn more money.
Pros
Flexibility and Financial Autonomy
Excellent place to work - ideal for a working mom
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
Woundtech has a unique model which allows for a lot of flexibility in the life of a NP. I have been here for years and recently I have seen a lot of things improve with the company. I really feel that the company is starting to listen to all of us in the field. It's been long over due, but I'm happy that they are doing it now.

Like other jobs, charting is the worst part of it, but overall I love what I do and the fact that I can see the same patients and see them healing is amazing. Most places I've worked in the past, you see whoever comes through the door. This is the most rewarding job I have ever had.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, Benefits, Management
Cons
Driving
Worst management ever
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLOctober 27, 2018
No support from management. Training program poor. Assistance with charting very helpful. Planning my own schedule was the best part.Spending time with my patients I really enjoyed.
Pros
Planning your own schedule, assistance with charting
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, no retirement plan
Fun work place with lots of opportunities
PCC (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 12, 2018
A lot has changed since I have been with the company and it's all for the good. Health insurance was improved this year compared to last year. Company is really focusing on improving employees lives. I'm really enjoying working here.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, fun people, and a fun culture
Exciting place to work
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 27, 2018
Stability for the person who desires long term employment. Nice, warm and friendly environment. Open door policy. Upper management are approachable and appreciates helpful suggestions for staff improvement and moral.
Very unorganized corporate company.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2018
WoundTech is first and foremost a corporate company. They care more about the bottom line than patient care. During my two years with the company I can not tell you how many times the staff in the Florida office turned over. The nurses in the call center did not know wound care. Many were difficult to understand because English is a second language. Company policies would change overnight without adequate explanation. Supervising physicians are in name only. Corporate office would demand you see patients not in your territory. I do not recommend working for this company at all. Since I worked for the company all of the clinicians except one has left the company.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Everything about this company
Any 7 days of the week you chhose
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Little to no training, minimal support from main office in Florida for work in California. East coast hours for West coast expectations. Daily pounding from Case Managers who are nurses practicing medicine without a license to do so from their office chairs. Meanwhile my medical license and hands expertise is responsible for decisions on patient care.
Pros
Opportunity to learn advanced wound care. Expect to teach yourself.
Cons
See above.
Great company doing a lot of the right things
Patient care coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 11, 2018
I've been here for over a year and the company has certainly evolved. Change is always scary, but as the growth has been happening, things have improved. For example, we now have better benefits, better access to tools, and a more structured work environment.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to move up and learn things.
Cons
constant change
Tempting but probably not idea for most people.
ARNP Nurse practitioner wound specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
I was attracted to the idea of working hard and making more money on a flexible schedule, but looking back I regret taking the job and I do not want others to walk into this without their eyes open.

I had this ideal vision of walking into nice little old peoples homes, I did not care about social class, or culture (I can take a bit of dirt and clutter,) and sorting out their venous ulcers and swiftly helping them to better health.
Perhaps 10% of my patient s fit that nice neat plan. The rest where mentally ill or extra ordinarily dysfunctional people.

Sooo not a bad job if you don't mind visiting roach infested homes, or psychiatric shelter homes with no real recourse to decline, or to accept 50 mile drive for one client who declines when you arrive, which can happen.

It is flexible, the owners really are not too bad, and reasonably professional and efficient but its definitely a business model, they are getting extremely rich on back of ARNP's hard work re reimbursement really does not reflect what money they are making, You are defiantly told you cant decline unless perhaps you feel your life is in jeopardy, a card I did not play but would probably require a police report lol.

Looking back to my experience I cant un-see the nasty situation I had to view, and they became a kind of trauma amusing though it might sound , ( a dog bowl moving with cockroaches a foot away from an infant crib, a leg wound full of maggots which I had to remove, a man emaciated living alone with his dog defecating on the floor, homes with results of incest, etc etc)
  more...

Unlike hospital experiences,these are experiences you have to deal will ALONE, and you have to repeat the visits unlike a random EMT visit which you can put behind you.
No one there to hold your hand or have a laugh about it or to debrief. RN Case workers are decent enough but they live in the comforts of the office and are under stress to take your wound notes fast, not to debrief you on the visual trauma you sustain lol, or to manage social needs of these patients.
I stayed longer than I should as I was promised a large volume of patients therefore a higher salary but the company never produced enough patients to produce the salary they had promised me.

If a wound healing is intellectually sufficient for you, (decision tree is what dressing to use on a wound that may not heal for 6-12 months with repeated visits), and you dont mind driving hours in heat or rain for the sake of being a flexible schedule, and having your only social interaction for repeated visits be with patients who are often psychiatrically extremely ill, AND you dont have to make a max ARNP salary, this just could be your job.

I hope this helps, I don't want to sound angry, just part of my therapy to finally debrief :)
Pros
Some flexibility is you dont need to make a lot of money.
Cons
Brain numbing and nasty work.
a great place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoy my job as a Nurse Practitioner with this company. Pay is per patient and competitive in pay. The hardest part of the job is, like always, the charting. It is not difficult just time consuming but that is health care in general. It is where we are at. The management is available at any moment to answer questions or assist in any way. The case managers and schedulers are there to help you in any way possible. Most are very nice. The executive team is also available and easy to approach if necessary. Flexiblity is key to this job. We see patients in their homes, so start and end times are up to you. No need to hurry to drop off the kids at school to punch a clock.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This business does not conform to any form of basic human resource practices such as job postings for promotional benefits. Those that are in the click are the only ones that are told or molded and then promoted without even having to compete or interview anyone else that may have better job qualities or experience. The morale for advancement is non existence. Policies are not thought out and handed down without any employee input. Employees are kept out of the loop on important decisions that effect their job performance nor are they recognized for the hard work they put in.
Awful place to work
Telehealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 18, 2017
Management is awful, from the top down. They were not supportive of the staff at all. The company makes many promises that they have no intention on delivering on. You're lucky if you get a raise every two years.
They have started to outsource some of their work to India, so I would wonder about job security.
There is no room for growth and you are NOT a valued employee there.
Should you have any issues, don't expect Human Resources to be of any assistance.
The field employees receive minimal training. Many of them have zero wound experience. Would you want your elderly mother's wound being treated by someone who has no knowledge in wound care?
The only plus is that it's a steady job with a guaranteed paycheck.
Pros
A steady paycheck
Cons
Too many cons to list
"The perfect mom job"
Wound Care Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2017
This is a great position for someone who is not able to work long hours or has children to tend to at home. You make your own schedule and you are your own boss. However, there is no growth or room for a lot of learning - it is extremely specialized. But will highly recommend for any practitioner needing a more relaxed lifestyle, and doesn't mind driving a lot.
Interview process leaves alot to be desired...Unprofessional
LPN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Interview process is pretty much a sham a waste of time . Im sure they dont treat there nurse practitioners like that. As a casemanger its a very different story.. I tend to lean towards the fact that if its bad in the beginning than its just a bad place. As much as I love wound care (and all that it encompasses) this place really disappointed me. Finally when you negociate a salary Stick by it dont waffle around. It makes you and company look bad.
Pros
The water
Cons
The Administrative Manager not a professional
no job advancement
Wound Care ARNP (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL (home base)August 14, 2017
it was a nice environment to work in but no job advancement. No raises given. no retirement plan, no ceu monies, ended up still finishing computer work on days off.

Management thinks about management!
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no advancement, no retirement plan, no raises, many mis-communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woundtech. Our community is ready to answer.