WOW! Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Please to work
Field Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work, also provides good benefits for all employees. Paid time off and has a yearly Christmas party. The leadership team is awesome and helps you get through your day.
Pros
Free Services
Cons
None i could think of
Lots of down time between calls sometimes up to 20 minuets if you like doing nothing and making 11$ an hour this is for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 19, 2018
If you work a morning shift there is opportunity for sales but if u work a closing shift good luck meeting your goal, also get a sup that will coach you not be your friend
Cons
I wouldn't work there again
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 31, 2018
Wide Open West is a typical call center that doesn't really care about its employees. It's really difficult to get an approved day off. Management is terrible and unorganized.
Good company, sucky pay
ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  GAMay 9, 2018
Good company. Great people. Need better jobs in Augusta. Better compensation and the pay structure is out of wack. There has been a lot of changes recently that has made things tense. Has to do better to compete with better call centers.
Cons
Pay, benefits, call center has to do better
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80920May 3, 2018
Leadership was strong and approachable. I always felt supported. The environment was fun and at the same time productive. It was a pleasure to work at WOW.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Only if you need a job so you don't have to starve!
Loyalty/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 1, 2018
WOW is a third rate cable company ran people with very little morals or business ethics. They're currently in the process of outsourcing most of their staff and setting up cut throat sales policies that will damage the companies reputation and customer rapport. The culture has declined severely since new leadership has taken place at the call center and executive levels. They've hired all their current management that has been terminated by Comcast.
Pros
You'll work with some very cool people. Very good reps.
Cons
Everything that can go wrong with a call center is happening.
Great Culture
Supervisor of Technical System Support (Former Employee) –  Potterville, MIApril 26, 2018
Wow has core values that i agreed with and thrived in. This was a great place to hone my skills.
I was in charge of the the warehouse and the local router and our QC technician.I also managed the Contract partners. This included reviewing their billing, sending jobs to them or damage complaints for resolve. I created new tech numbers and ID's. I ran a monthly report on their stats for missed time frames, jobs completed with in the time frame and customer survey responses.
I managed the vehicle fleet for repairs and scheduling with a third party we used. I managed the Better Business Bureau and Michigan public Service issues that couldn't be resolved at a call center level. working with the customers until final resolve. Management team was usually pretty busy so we had one on one meetings once a week to cover all the Must do's and what has been completed list's. The hardest part of my job was having enough time in the day. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with all departments and customers giving the support needed. Unfortunatley Once our new CEO took over the whole company changed . There were corporate layoffs due to budget cuts. I was one of 500 people whom lost their job all on one day. I was told during my exit interview i was the model WOW employee and i did everything right. I would be hired back immediately at a beginning position and wage once one opened up.
Pros
Great people and career opportunities
Cons
continuous business changes
Work place Nice
Loyalty Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2018
Would have still be working with WOW-but new upper management is laying off whole depts and people.typical call center... so answers calls and go home. But you can color or read when calls are slow and your desk are bigger and nicer than most call centers.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Lay offs
Terrible place to work
Sales/Retention Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2018
Starts off as rainbows and butterflies but then you quickly realize that the company is shady and will throw its employees away and turn their back on them if their needs deem it fit.
Pros
Decent pay
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at WOW. Many opportunities to make extra money. They had a great incentive program. The environment was great. Always a lot of fun activities going on.
Pros
Great incentives
Pretends to be the "best" place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 30, 2018
Overpromise of commission expectations. Oversells its products and satisfaction of customers' satisfaction of it's services.

Expectations set too high and unattainable for 90% of the sales force.
Pros
Health care and reduced stock buying options.
Cons
The management is either dillusional about WOW, or they know better and are just not telling the truth.
n/a
Billing Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2018
Good Company to work, 8 hr shifts, set schedules, nice supervisors, managers. take inbound calls all day, answer customer concerns regarding billing and service
Severe underpay for workload
Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverMarch 8, 2018
WOW! has some of the best people to work with. There is a severe need to hire more people. The amount of work each person takes on is difficult to manage and the pay is not comparable. If you were hired recently you are probably getting paid more and receiving more benefits than someone hired a year ago. The job growth is also stale. They do not focus on career growth and development. Overall an ok place to work and hopefully the new ceo can make a difference. I wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, management and lack of growth, low 401k matching
very corporate now
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 7, 2018
Worked there for a long time got let go because of downsizing, Company used to be great but then with acquisions and a new CEO it became very corporate not the family atmosphere it once was
Pros
none now
Cons
to coreporate
Wow!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 6, 2018
Great people great employees!! It’s like a big family the people I work with are like brothers and sisters !!! Very good job but you have to keep up or your gonna get left behind cause you need to pull your own weight .
Cons
To many landmines to effectively make money from sales
Marketing & Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 5, 2018
I was very excited to start my employment with WOW, but I quickly experienced a company in disarray with missing management support and delay after delay to receive effective training.
I've experienced a CEO replaced and witnessed many upper management positions replaced as well, The Sales Comp Plan was replaced for the Sales Force multiple times and is still flawed! The reputation of the company is very bad for reliable service and customers experience constant billing issues .that the sales reps have to deal with on a daily basis, The upper management who direct
the sales reps treats the life line of the business like a bunch of robots; infact, this was said that if sales reps could be replaced by robots WOW would be better off and able to satisfy the stock holders for WOW!
Pros
Everyone Needs Cable, Internet, sometimes Phone
Cons
Many Pitfalls for a sales rep
ok place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MA 02368February 26, 2018
WOW is an ok place to work at. It is a laid back environment but it can be stressful some days. I usually work 8 hour days there. The management is awesome and the staff is awesome as well. I work there as a sales coordinator and also help out cleaning and maintaining the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laid back environment and having fun at times with other co-workers. The hardest part is when it gets stressful with some difficult people.
Pros
awesome management
Cons
no benefits for part time
Awesome Co-Workers
System Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2018
WOW! has an excellent culture. Working here you will meet some of the greatest people, and many will become lifelong friends. Local management is awesome as well and the insurance is very good. The problem, in my eye, is that they do not pay you fairly based on your skills, knowledge and tenure. Employees are grossly underpaid for the amount of work that is expected of them. Especially the higher you go i.e technician, system tech, lead etc. Their whole thing is to "do NCTI's" however a lot of individuals have a hard time studying, and taking tests at home, especially with all of life's distractions. I think most would learn more by spending time in the field with an experienced technician. You can only do two courses a year, and the raise you get from them is a slap in the face. You also get yearly raises of around 2-3% of what you make. Yet you hardly ever get the full amount, because you haven't meet all of the unrealistic metrics they require of you. Again, a slap in the face. In my honest opinion I believe corporate makes it intentionally hard to get a raise because they want to pay you as little as possible. If they paid us fairly then WOW! would, without a doubt, be one of - if not the best - place to work.
Pros
Culture, Good Insurance, Family atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, long hours
a decent job
CABLE INSTALLATION TECH (Current Employee) –  metro detroitFebruary 7, 2018
its a decent place to work, but its very physical and nothing I can do for the rest of my life, hence why I went to college and am now looking at other things. it pays the bills though.
The hardest part
Telecommunications/Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Pressure from higher ups to upsell a product that had poor customer support. Lack of support from management to work with seniority when choosing shifts and teams.
Pros
Independent work structure
Cons
Micro managing and lack of growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOW!. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight