WPS Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 15, 2019
Poor management, Inconsistent and inadequate training. One week of training tried to get help on a system that I wasn't trained on... My Supervisor would ignore me.I just wanted to help the military veterans she would say transfer them back in the Queue!!!! I felt really bad because I couldn't help due to no training. Lack of communication was extremely stressful. WPS don't deserve the contract with Humana because from the Director,Managers and Supervisors are unqualified in all areas of business. They try and treat you like a child. Very unprofessional Company!!!!! I have never experienced anything like this!!!! The Pay is ridiculous full grown adults getting paid as if we don't have Big Bill's. The Temporary Company knew how bad management was and they didn't try to help employee's with their complaints. Humana need to go to WPS and speak with the Employees and really see how management is treating the Employees, because it is horrible.
Pros
I have nothing
Cons
Poor management
A good place to work at
Claims costumer service rep (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 13, 2018
Supplied a good experience with customer interactions. Gain good experience with health insurance doing adjustments and recoupments, and processing claims
Poor management
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 10, 2018
Sadly used to be a pretty good company. Changes in upper management has lead to many good employees looking else where or leaving. Upper management has limited knowledge on processes and poor management will continue to impact the future of this company.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Rapid turn over of management and exempt employees, leading to shakey work environment
I love my job and it’s environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 6, 2018
I have been with WPS for 4 years and have loved it. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and I enjoy coming to work everyday. This is a great place to start a career and to give back to our veterans. I am proud of what I do and enjoy everyone I work with!
Pros
Flexibility, work from home, Pto, advancement opportunities
Worst Management
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 6, 2018
This company will fire you if you look for better opportunities. If you work there do not expect to use them as a reference. They will lie to make you look bad so you won’t get new job and then fire you . 4 minute bathroom break . Managers sleep with employees don’t lock computers . Training was one week then they won’t help with questions because you know more then managers . The job was easy just the employees make it hard. Also as a temp I witnessed two fist fights . Very unorganized and distasteful.
Pros
Pay was ok but I work through a temporary agengcy
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, company does not care about outside life
Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 4, 2018
Worst, unorganized place I've ever worked in my life. Unnecessarily stressful, the pay doesn't equal to everything they expected of you, and the training was useless. You'd have more order and organization at McDonald's!
Pros
Schedule, Triple pay on Black Friday was nice!
Cons
Everything else
Low pay and poor training
Provider Certification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 2, 2018
Poor training! Disrespectul trainer cursed to much during training. They are not flexible when it comes to you and your family life. You still have to come to work if a hurricaine, snow storm, or any hazardous weather may be going on. They do not care if you make errors they just want the numbers. Very unprofessional sups. Nightmare!!! I've ben there for over a year and I still havent had a pay increase or performance review. Underpaid and under appreciated. God has something way better out there for me. Do not waste your time.
……..Current employee
Pros
Cons
Non
Bad Place To Work
Postal Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 24, 2018
Management is Backstabing, Pay is very low, Management does not follow their Values and Rules for the Company, but do expect the employees to follow the Values and Rules!
Unethical, uncaring, and bullies
Claims Processor 1 (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2018
I was always confused how this company won so many ethical awards. Management cared only about pushing work out not if it was right or not. They act nice to your face for information then use any vulnerability against you. I am a former employee and was diagnosed with PTSD from working there. Between stress of management, management also allows bullying amongst co workers. It has turned cut throat. As a claims processors my stress should not have been what it was.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Everything else
Awesome place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VANovember 8, 2018
Perspective is everything! I enjoy my job! You get out what you put in. There's always room for growth. My team including my supervisor works together. We don't let bad apples spoil our bunch!
Great place to work at
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 30, 2018
Really enjoyed my job and I personally had great managers that assisted with any concerns or issues. Wps is a great company that provides a safe working environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
High Tech Slave Pit
Lhe Messenger and Lhe Clerical (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIOctober 28, 2018
High tech slave pit, numerous layoffs. Too many managers just looking to cause problems for employees. Behind the times with many practices and a dead end employer
Pros
Cons
Too Many Managers looking to cause problems, NO future
This job treats employees like robots not humans
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 28, 2018
HR IS THE WORST !!! Training is very poor , they throw you out there with little to no knowledge . Supervisors will do anything in their power to avoid sup calls . Help chats are unresponsive for the most part . You really have to demand help .Pay was very good . Job can be stressful.
Pros
pay
Cons
Training is no help
Controlled Bullying System
Military Veterans Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 27, 2018
From top to bottom from Sea to Shining Sea management is a controlled bullying system that continues to harass daily with their imaginary matrix performance system that has never been accurate, that they themselves could never achieve, since they could never answer any questions put upon them. The pillar's of disgrace and deceit instead of integrity and respect.
Pros
Cons
all
God awful place to work, unethical,
Claims processor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 26, 2018
IF YOU HAVE ANY ETHICS OR MORALS DO NOT WORK AT THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE UNETHICAL, DISHONEST, NO MORALES, AND ARE BULLIES. The supervisors that are there are THE WORST sups that I have ever seen. They gather information about personal stuff they find out about the people they supervise and use it against them. They lie about things that are happening and gets HR to back up the lies because they are buddy, buddy with HR. The supervisors blame computer issues on the employees saying that the employees are not working hard enough. They belittle and degrade the people they supervise in e-mails that they send to their unit. WPS is supposedly an ethical company but they have no ethics whatsoever. The hardest part of the job is always having to watch your back and to cover your butt against the supervisors. The Management at WPS does not respect the employees. They bully you if you have different views then they do or if you are smarter then they are. I have learned always listen to the information that is posted about a company because 99% of the time it is all true. They only promote BULLIES. You have no chance of getting a better paying job in this company unless you are a bully. THEY THINK BULLIES ARE THE GREATEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND will promote them any chance they get. This company cares nothing about the Veterans of this country. They are only out to make money like any other insurance company. They make up stupid reasons not to pay claims. The pay, and the benefits are very low on the scale. There is nothing positive about working for this company.
Pros
There are no pros working for this company, they degrade and belittle thier employees.
Cons
Low pay, they blame the employees for computer issues that the employees have no control over.
Nice,quiet, secure place of employment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 20, 2018
I love my job at Wps in Marion IL. They pay great for this area, they offer amazing benefits and they give you two different types of pto. They are extremely understanding when it comes to having issues at home or issues with transportation. I couldnt ask for a better employer. Training needs to be improved but other than that, its I think the perfect job.
Pros
Pto, insurance, discounts, friendly environment
Cons
Short lunchs, training
Negative Atmosphere
Overseas Claims Entry (Former Employee) –  MadisonOctober 19, 2018
If you work processing overseas claims, be prepared for an unsupportive and unwelcoming atmosphere. They don't appreciate hard work, and your supervisors will completely ignore your questions. Training is a joke, and you should be prepared for very little training. I was trained for about 20 minutes and expected to start processing overseas claims immediately. My questions were actively ignored, and my co-workers acted like I didn't exist.. I never received feedback on how I was doing. I dreaded going to work every day because the atmosphere was mentally draining.

Please don't waste your time and energy on WPS. There's a reason why they're constantly posting job opportunities. If you value your mental health, you will not work here. I quit after a week and chose to become unemployed. Avoid working in overseas claims. entry, The supervisors are terrible and will make you feel stupid for asking questions. You can do much better.
Pros
consistent income every two weeks
Cons
Your overseas claims supervisors, your mental health
You will be treated better in a jail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 17, 2018
Just don't. Any of their customer service or claims processing positions will ruin you as a person. The people who "enjoy" working here seem to be lonely, maladjusted people with little to no personal life and who live for food days.
Lack of Positive Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2018
WPS is a “use them and toss them company.” There is no support from HR (a poorly run area) however if you are best buds with the CEO then you can do whatever you want including outrageous behaviors to staff members. Senior executives are clueless of true environment as they listen to their clones in HR and the wrong senior executives.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Long hours, poor executive direction / leadership
Lack of communication
Cusotmer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 27, 2018
We were barely trained after 5 days they put us onto the floor not knowing anything and punished us for doing incorrectly doing things . Communication was horrible they didn’t adress problems through employees they went behind and addressed it to third party
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WPS Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4