WR Systems Employee Reviews

Logistician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2018
WR has managed to balance professionalism with great work environment. The compensation is great to balance the fast pace detail oriented workload. Everyone is willing to help when they can and the management team is very employee focused.
Productive and pleasant work environment
Sr. Administrative/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 17, 2017
WR Systems is an innovative and productive Virginia based company. I have been with WRS since 2013. During my time with WRS I have grown both professionally and emotionally.
Pros
Personable Management
Cons
N/a
Temp Assignment
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 21, 2017
Signed onto job with hopes of continuing to other projects. But due to conflict with client and management we were laid off. Great benefits! Wish other projects would have been made available before we were laid off so that we could advance within the company.
Fast paced and intriguing work
System Administrator/IA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2017
Working here I was hands on with a lot of emerging technologies and was allowed freedom to find solutions to problems that may have come up. I was able to implement open source software in some things and create custom OSes, which was very fun and fresh to do.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2017
WR Systems is a very friendly environment with extremely flexible work-hours. The Norfolk facility is outstanding with ample parking, great benefits, amenities, and no cubicle farms. Coworkers and managers are always willing to stop and help, explain things, or even help you find where you are going when needed. I have worked at other companies where management avoided interacting with their people, this is not one of those places. From day one, I was encouraged to give input to the process to make it better. To this day, I still feel comfortable recommending changes and asking questions. In fact, great ideas are not only considered, they are frequently compensated.
WR provides performance management at all levels of the company. If you are willing to work hard and take on new roles, they will be very supportive. I have worked for other contractors that always went outside to fill positions, WR is willing to promote from within, I started out in a different position, and through hard work and focus was able to get promoted to a management position, as many have over the years. I really enjoy working with the people here and the challenges of the position. It isn’t the same thing every day. While WR does face the challenges of government contracting, they try very hard to keep people even if the contract ends.
I’ve learned a great deal about Government contracting, and financial management as part of my job. The company offers a variety of online training, job related courses, college assistance, and monthly lunch and learn training. It’s a great place to work, but it is a
  more... business, you are expected to perform and come ready to work.  less
Pros
facility, flexible hours, job satisfaction
Not Good
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 28, 2017
Computed and processed semi-monthly payroll and associated taxes for 450 employees, addressing any changes in salary, insurance coverage, job titles, and department/division transfers. Maintained employee files and time sheets, processed employee deductions, and managed various financial accounts. Reviewed and generated manual checks and off cycle payments as required. Participated in and completed CostPoint software training, thereby managing date importing/exporting utilizing various software packages.
Government contractor experimenting with a commercial division
Field Representative Principal (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 29, 2017
More managers than actual managed. Knew more about PR than anything else. Would hire them as a PR firm if I ever needed one.

Hired me for a New Orleans present yet did not promote local work / projects. And instructed me to leave that to the sales team which didn't exist. All my work was overseas, and the rest of the United States.
Pros
Home office
Cons
everything
Great culture and flexible schedule but offset by serious mismanagement and financial trouble
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2013
Company has gone the wrong direction over the past couple of years.

While they attempted to deversify and emerge in the commercial market, mismanagement at the higher levels has put the company is serious financial trouble.
Pros
Great culture, flexible working hours
Cons
financial mismanagement causing loss of jobs at all levels