Wright's Barbecue

Working at Wright's Barbecue: 1 Review

United States1 review

3.0Pay & Benefits

Showing the only review

Pay is good and food is great, but the owner, not so much.

I was paid 10 an hr plus tips. Tips were pooled and split between the employees. Never really knew if it was split evenly or based on amount of hours worked. Tips were added to your paystub as a bonus. 80hr pay periods netted me 1k after taxes and insurance. 40 percent of your check is your "bonus". But good luck getting a pay stub. They aren't given to you, unless you ask, but even then it takes 3 or 4 times of asking to finally get it. When my son was born I asked for a raise, after 9 months of employment, but was told there wasn't enough money at the time, but perhaps in 5 months. One month later he gives a raise to a coworker because he didn't want to her to leave. At the end of my time there, I was injured and not as mobile, which they knew, but I received a write up for not being productive enough. I got into an argument and was subsequently let go for my disrespect. There is no advancing from within as he hires management from outside. Most of my coworkers were amazing and loved them. Some were too stuck up the owners rear to see daylight. I would eat here, but I wouldn't recommend them for employment.

Pros

Pay is good. Food is delicious. Easy job.

Cons

No advancement. No standard for raises. Poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright's Barbecue. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 review