Wright Medical

Wright Medical Employee Reviews

United States46 reviews
Good Company but inventory issues, poor management, compensation problems
Fun company to work with - the corporate atmosphere is great. The downside is inventory issues on a day to day basis. Trays arriving late, unable to provide surgeons the necessities needed for each case. Management constantly with turn over and seen managers performing deals with other companies without informing the representative. Most days consist of finding inventory throughout the country - with little help. Compensation can be a laughable subject. Small base salary plus a compensation plan that is based on quota achievement (for example you can have a $2million territory, but you are not given a commission on each sale but hitting overall quota). Also, when you sign, you might be looking at a compensation plan that is $120,000 ($55,000 and Variable Compensation of $65,000). If you grow the territory a $1,000,000 - your compensation plan does not change and stays static. The incentive to grow is costly on the back end.
Wright medical
I love weight medical great place to work with good benefits and you can work to your best ability but also in a matter of time and it’s a place with nothing but positive people . Wright Is a growing medical device company. The provide new innovative products to market annually. Sometimes keeping up with the pace is a struggle, but my management team is knowledgable, responsible , and diveres. The company is culturally sensitive, and rewards hard work and woth ethics in most roles.
Hostile Environment, Horrendous Management
I can't express how terrible my experience was while working here. My boss called me names and harassed me. He was extremely moody and made for a very tense work environment. The culture here is terrible. Employees are constantly on alert and afraid to speak in anything but hushed tones. A job is a job nowadays, but be warned. Make sure you really feel out your boss/supervisor before committing.
Inexperienced Management
The team off sites and picnics in the parking lot don’t make-up for Managers (Directors) that undermine their own employees. Calling everyone to ask about each other, crying and chastising us like we were children. Manager wasn’t there 3 years and she lost 6 people.
Lacking experience, they can’t support or go to bat for you when they don’t even understand the job you do.
Not a good place to work
Wright Medical has a culture that does not lead to success. Wright has not been able to meld the Wright Medical business with the Tornier side of the business. The inventory and logistic support and process are poor. Lack of inventory and failure to make needed inventory is an constant issue.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great place to work.
Wright Medical cares about training you into a better employee. they hope that you move into a better position. They have created a pathway from point A to B in order to get you there.
laid back and fun work environment
Typically engineers arrive between 7-9am. Managers are pretty relaxed on tardiness as long as you complete you work. Dress is pretty casual (jeans and a collar shirt). Management is really nice. Lots of work activities, contests, carry-ins, games, etc. Culture is very diverse and collaborative.Hardest part is dressing up when corporate visits the office or an audit is happening. Most enjoyable part is the non-stop contests/food/ways to keep everyone having fun and working together.
Pros
Laid back, casual dress, lenient tardy policy
Cons
location in Columbia City
Interesting place to work
Coworkers are a fantastic group of people who really just want to do good in the world overall. Whether you enjoy the work depends on your management chain. The surface culture is pretty and fun, the underlying culture is disorganized and chaotic.
Pros
Work location flexibility
Cons
work life balance
Clueless
I work with fabulous group of people inside the hub that i work in. Outside of that i dont think any body has a clue or even knows who works where. Under paid over worked. I think we are pandering to the stockholders. The stress is unbelievable. We have lost three people in the last few months and its hard to replace them with the salaries they are offering. The guys down the street offer much more fo the same experience. The only good thing i can say is the time off is good..
Pros
Time off
Cons
Inadequate compensation.
great workplace
I wanted to stay here forever.

email customers and request payments. Call customers request the reason for late layments and attempt to solve the issue.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Wright Medical gives you positive training class in a group environment. It also allows you to run your territory with minimal oversight depending on your territory.
Pros
Allows you to work independently
Cons
some travel is required
I love what the company stands for
Unfortunately what the company stands for and believes in does not trickle down to the department level. Some of the current management in our department make the day to day enviroment very uncomfortable.
Motivation
We work very hard to make sure surgical kits make to every facility on time and intact. Everyone in the company gets compensated for kits arriving ontime and being used except for the team that is actually delivering and getting the kits to where they need to be. It would be nice to receive compensation to help keep people motivated and appreciated.
Innovator in this business segment
Pros
There is a lot of room for growth and promotions from within
Cons
My current job role is consistently changing
Top Tier Medical Device Company
Wright Medical provides surgeons with dynamic, innovative, high quality surgical devices and instruments that allow for excellent patient outcomes. Wright Medical is a forward thinking company.
Competitive but relaxed environment with great caring leaders
The industry itself is very competitive, but Wright Medical knows how to have fun while working hard. For the past few years, one of the company's focus was to improve employee satisfaction. Also, the management is great. They are caring and really want the best for you.
Don't even think about working for this company!
Wright Medical does not invest ANYTHING into their reps. Managers will use you for your industry knowledge to serve their own selfish purposes and then throw you out. Worst management ever....Worst culture ever. Being in the industry over 20 years and this is the WORST company I've ever encountered. Management has zero integrity. Your career will take a turn for the worse...and it will happen behind your back.
Pros
Cons
Inexperienced management. Lack of integrity, lack of transparency. Doesn't invest in their people.
No communication whatsoever to get the job done. Disorganized.
A typical day at work:
5:30 A.M. driving to work and the company phone starts blowing up with do this and do that and do this and if that's not that then do this and this?

6:00 A.M. arrive at work. Forgot one of the details. Call the boss for clarification and am reproached for not listening. Ever tried driving in Houston at 5:30 and remembering blah blah blah on the other end of the phone?

8:00-9:00ish. The overseer arrives and put the hands in everything which leads to to total confusion and a communication breakdown, but wait, there was no communication to begin with.

3:00 P.M. Thank God I could leave. Unfriendly, uncomunicative, employees. Total half-arsed operation.
Pros
money, benefits
Cons
everything else under the sun
Fair managment but non- collaborative and suspicious co-workers
Excellent wages. I spent several years working for Wright Medical.
Co-workers non-collaborative and suspicious. Department Manager condoned employees informing on each other on documentation errors. Hostile atmosphere. Excessive overtime to meet company goals.I worked hard and in a professional manner but was never adequately recognized , compensated or promoted.

If you do not like like to be constantly judged or have someone looking over your shoulder then this is not the company for you.
Pros
Frequent company lunches
Cons
competative atmosphere
they are prejudiced
they are prejudiced. the owner gave me a dollar more per hour when she found out how old i was. she said sorry you look younger than i thought you were
Challenging, Fast Paced
Wear too many hats
Not enough resources

Change every year (internal & external)

Fun, fast-paced environment

Ok culture- depends on department

Becoming more political
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright Medical. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9