Wright Medical Employee Reviews

Don't even think about working for this company!
Wright Medical (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 27, 2018
Wright Medical does not invest ANYTHING into their reps. Managers will use you for your industry knowledge to serve their own selfish purposes and then throw you out. Worst management ever....Worst culture ever. Being in the industry over 20 years and this is the WORST company I've ever encountered. Management has zero integrity. Your career will take a turn for the worse...and it will happen behind your back.
Pros
Cons
Inexperienced management. Lack of integrity, lack of transparency. Doesn't invest in their people.
No communication whatsoever to get the job done. Disorganized.
bobo doll (Former Employee) –  TXApril 19, 2018
A typical day at work:
5:30 A.M. driving to work and the company phone starts blowing up with do this and do that and do this and if that's not that then do this and this?
6:00 A.M. arrive at work. Forgot one of the details. Call the boss for clarification and am reproached for not listening. Ever tried driving in Houston at 5:30 and remembering blah blah blah on the other end of the phone?
8:00-9:00ish. The overseer arrives and put the hands in everything which leads to to total confusion and a communication breakdown, but wait, there was no communication to begin with.
3:00 P.M. Thank God I could leave. Unfriendly, uncomunicative, employees. Total half-arsed operation.
Pros
money, benefits
Cons
everything else under the sun
Fair managment but non- collaborative and suspicious co-workers
Quality Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 18, 2018
Excellent wages. I spent several years working for Wright Medical.
Co-workers non-collaborative and suspicious. Department Manager condoned employees informing on each other on documentation errors. Hostile atmosphere. Excessive overtime to meet company goals.I worked hard and in a professional manner but was never adequately recognized , compensated or promoted.

If you do not like like to be constantly judged or have someone looking over your shoulder then this is not the company for you.
Pros
Frequent company lunches
Cons
competative atmosphere
they are prejudiced
Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 15, 2018
they are prejudiced. the owner gave me a dollar more per hour when she found out how old i was. she said sorry you look younger than i thought you were
Challenging, Fast Paced
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2018
Wear too many hats
Not enough resources
Change every year (internal & external)
Fun, fast-paced environment
Ok culture- depends on department
Becoming more political
Do not work for this company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SE USJanuary 22, 2018
Run. This company is a mess and management is terrible. They will work you to the bone then keep what's yours. Toxic.

They do not care about people. Take my word for it.
Pros
The money that used to be possible
Cons
Poor Management, inventory issues, broken logistics
Worst Medical Device Company in the Market
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 26, 2017
This was once a great company, they do have exceptional products, however management is the worse I've seen in industry. The upper extremity RM is horrible.
Pros
Great Products...pay was fair until they cut commissions
Cons
Management is living in a box, a foot and ankle company running a shoulder company, it just doesn't work. The upper extremity regional manager is the worse person I've ever worked for, he is a liar, backstabber, and should not be working for the company. If you report bad behavior, your out, its that simple. I'm so thankful I found a way out.
No Work Life Balance
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2017
Good luck-work a lot and don't get anything in return. Most people here are literally married to the company. It is exhausting. But best of luck-because they won't listen if you have an issue.
Excellent company to work for
Foundry Technician II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work was very enjoyable. I learned a lot. Management was good. The culture was excellent. My job was not hard. A good place to work.
no comment
Aggressive growth plan
Internal growth opportunities
Very good benefits package
Opportunities
Sr Manufacturing (concurrent) Engineering (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeAugust 30, 2017
Opportunities of growth with the company with multiple tools. Strong values and recognition
Professional but laid back atmosphere. Treats employees/contractors well, and company is gaining momentum in market
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 18, 2017
My experience was pleasant with this company. Professional atmosphere, while still promoting fun for the employees. This corporation is on a growing trajectory, and actively works on growing talent within the company.
Pros
Lots of food, good culture, and upward mobility
Cons
cubicles
Ok place to work
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 27, 2017
Pro: They do try to build a team spirit.
Con: Management needs to impliment positive management techniques. Yelling at an employee doesn't foster positive change.
Machinist III
Machinist III (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNApril 19, 2017
I loved working for wright medical. I considered my coworkers to be family. My only complaint was the revolving door of Management that had no idea what Machinists do that liked to micromanage every small aspect of the job. I work very hard I loved my job and I gave my all everyday but management has no idea what we are doing.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad Management and too many managers micro managing
Political, biased, unmotivational, and poor management.
Instrument set controller (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 29, 2016
Politic cultured, Good few people, and most will portray as a friend but only to get what they need. Unable to create drive in their employees by the lack of management to utilize each potential. Management will make the necessary adjustment even if they have to bend the rules. Will approve for negative time off but only for certain individuals. DC are always sidetrack. Some co-workers makes the unnecessary remarks in a daily basis and management in DC are very unprofessional with the lack of knowledge of the business.
Pros
Decent pay and good benefits.
Cons
Unprofessional, "start-up company, " too many leads, supervisors, and managers that misdirect their focus and energy in the wrong executions.
environment
instrument set controller specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 20, 2016
conducive environment to work that requires extreme attention to detail. Light industrial tech department work involving quality and inventory control.
Wright Medical, Inc has been a challenging but humbling experience in my medical billing journey. I appreciate the experience.
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 5, 2016
A typical day begins with greetings among staff members and quickly dispersing to individual work stations. A staff meeting is generally scheduled once per week but if there is something new to share with staff members, management does so at this time. Absences are discussed so that cross-trained staff know their roles and responsibilities. And the day begins! I have received a wealth of knowledge and gained so much experience working at Wright Medical. The management is a "Mom & Pop" style; yet, determined to produce quality durable medical equipment and services for the community. My coworkers are respectful and diligent workers. The hardest part of my job is that there seems to never be enough time in the day to do all that I am committed to do. The most enjoyable part of the job presently is the knowledge that I am assisting this company in weathering the storm of Medicare audits and cuts! It is appalling what is happening to the DME industry.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Dramatic Cuts in Reimbursements
They want it, they just dont want to do the work
West Coast Medical Sales, Northern California (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 23, 2016
Too many people that do not know anything about how to treat people, espically a co-worker, someone that is in trench with or for them.
Pros
good money
Cons
If you want to be olympic athlete, you have to train
Mismanaged
Master Hub Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2016
The wrong people were high up in management only because they had been there for awhile/politics. They were not receptive to good ideas to improve business function, efficiency, cost reduction, or general process improvement.
Pros
wages were above average, benefits were great
Cons
management had no idea what was happening at floor level
Fantastic co-workers
Agent Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 3, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. We are able to make a difference in peoples lives on a daily basis. The company is a big family and even the CEO is approachable and willing to listen to any employee.
Pros
Many fun events throughout the year. Amazing people to work with.
Cons
Very high stress environment with high rate of turn over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright Medical. Our community is ready to answer.