Wright Patterson AFB

• Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Place to work to gain new skills

My experience thus far has been incredibly positive at wright Patterson. Currently a contract specialist in the research lab and find this career change so far to be incredibly fulfilling.

Excellent career awaits, great place to work

Retired after 40 years of civil service. Many opportunities for advancement in most career fields. Great people to work with, I had excellent supervisors, co-workers, and team members. I miss them and my work.

Pros

Pay, benefits, advancement opportunities

Cons

Some people are difficult to deal with, I believe that’s true anywhere you work.

Good work / life balance, excellent job security and benefits.

Excellent place to work for somebody with a family. Excellent benefits and job security. Pay is good for the hours. Co-workers are mostly supportive. Opportunities for advancement.

Advancement

Difficult to get promoted unless you are a part of a certain group of individuals. Nepotism was a large part of getting promoted there no matter what your credentials were.

very low professional level

a waste of public money. incompetent people in management positions, care about their carrier after 'retirement' from civil service.criminal allocation of public funds (the contractor companies make big bucks, so they hire the former civil servants "as consultants").

Pros

safe job

Cons

see above

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Like the work environment

Overall, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is a good place to build a career in program management. Training is available to help a PM succeed. Good job satisfaction.

Great Place To Grow

I went to work for WPAFB when I was still in high school. Great opportunity and advancement that last a lifetime. Benefits are the best around. Professional but friendly atmosphere.

Temporary Position

This was a one year paid internship position. Benefits were good. Work environment was slow-paced. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Provided good work experience.

when it comes to them trainning theres very little they rather you dont ask

If your not included on what's going on there and your not playing games with them going to lunch then you will not advance . Lets just say there not fair when it comes to asking for help because if you do they will look at it as your not doing your job . they will not give you the correct training . they rather you mess up so they can replace you with someone that does not ask for help.

Pros

Cons

30 min. breaks

Productive and a fun place with great people

I loved my job there. Worked with alot of different people. Learned alot of customer service with all types of people. Sold tickets for the military and civilians on and off base. Traveled to Florida and California for my job. I had recieved all kinds of rewards for my services throughout my employment there.

Pros

Traveled for work to great places free

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wright Patterson AFB?

Ok

Was glad to leave military, but had many great opportunities to advance my nursing career. Glad to be a part of it, but also glad to be a civilian now.

Productive and fun place to work at

Great place to work at with friendly employees. I learned many new computer skills and how to engage better with customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with something new every day.

Outstanding managers. Numerous training opportunities. Management backed their employees and worked with the employees as well as managed them. Answered any questions that came up and always had an open-door policy.

Pros

Hours of work, Location

Cons

Transportation

Fast Paced

This was a very rewarding position, but it is a very fast-paced environment. There are multiple opportunities for learning, advancement and growth. Great career.

Wonderful place to work

Most people I came in contact with were very polite and respectful and happy to be at the Base. I worked as a civilian contractor and would love to go back to work on the base.

Pros

great people

Cons

contract work

Fun

Basically Design of systems. Check the consultants work. Prepare report for management. Attend meetings and show the details of progress. Report to supervisor if project is getting late.

Pros

learn technology

Cons

short breaks

Stepping stone if one wants to excel in the Government.

It can be a great place to work. It is up to the individual. Great culture. Nothing much happens at the Air Force Base. It is a easy job. Great experience.

Relaxed environment

Environment is very relaxed. Easily helps you focus on the task at hand. Pay and benefits are great and includes a percentage matched retirement plan.

Night shift was a fun place to work

I loved working for the IRS it was an offsite to IRS Covington KY. Every team competed against the other to see who was the best at processing the most work. We had great managers that were very involved in their team. Loved the performance awards.

Review

-excellent management and peer monitoring -clean environment -I enjoyed working with active duty men and women on a daily basis and providing patient care

Great place to work.

I loved it here. The work was fast paced an fun and so was the people I worked with. I learned how to have fun and work hard at the same time. the hardest part was checking on customers that had been there awhile they didn't like to be botherd.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright Patterson AFB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2