Wright State Physicians

Working at Wright State Physicians: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

greatmanagementtimeemployeejobpeoplemanagerdepartment

Very wishy-washy and sometimes negative, a good amount of co-workers quit due to workload and horrible management

I loved how this job went for me, but the management style is so hot and cold, and HR is not stable. I did not feel welcomed as a younger person with no medical experience, and my boss had said things that influenced me to be upset on multiple occasions. Quite frequently for that matter. My co-workers were nice for the most part, but were not understanding. Overall a VERY pessimistic environment with LITTLE opportunity for raises and/or growth unless you left your department. I would not recommend this job to my friends not because the job is hard, but because the management and attitude surrounding me was absolutely horrible often times. It was even common for my own coworkers to talk about how much they hated their jobs, and disliked people.

It's a good place to work if you can ignore the gossip and drama of stabbing each other in the back. Some of the doctors are great to work with and have good bedside manners. They are short staffed when it comes to clinical staff in most departments and are severely disorganized when it comes to task delegation. Managers constantly come and go and sometimes the administrator staff collide with clinical staff. But overall it is a good place to work.

Wright State Physicians insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Awful place to work

A total toxic unorganized organization. No one is held accountable for their actions. If you are not a suck up then you get treated differently and some have been let go cause management made it known they were going to get rid of who did not suck up to them.

Eh

I worked hard, did my best and tried to be the best employee I could be. No one can figure out who the actual manager is and there is a high turn around rate. Regardless of your work, you can be tossed out at any moment without any warning. This is also odd because they are extremely short staffed. I loved my job but management and consideration for employees is very poor.

Cons

Nobody knows what's going on

Lpn

● Pay & benefitsNot many pay increase options. Great group of Drs to work with and for though. Great 401k and 403 plans● ManagementNever saw the CEO on the clinical floor seeing how things were groing from our perspective.● OverallI enjoyed my time at work because of the Dr I worked for and the patient population. The teamwork is lacking. They tend to dump most of the work on the people they know will get it done instead of making sure everyone did their own work when they didn't not have a day with patients. Needs better management and not just feel like your filling a spot, a warm body

Do Not Work Here

Your boss is best friends with her supervisor. Everything will be blamed on you. Target on your back. No one to complain to. HR knows. Nursing Supervisor "supervises" from home. Very unprofessional.

Challeging to fit into the enviroment of the Orthopedic officee.

The office manager was not supportive of my role. She created a very bias atmosphere with my role and the other office support. Everyone gave me the impression I was truely not welcomed including the Chair of the department. However, I gain my experience in office management / supervising

Pros

Gain office management and supervisory experience

Cons

Very uncomfortable atomosphere.

Micromanagement and Disorganization

The company has struggled in last five years with multiple layoffs and budget cuts. Management is disorganized and information is poorly disseminated. Example- a layoff of all middle managers occurred in September 2017. The CEO sent an email explaining the layoffs and stated that further information would be forthcoming. There was no communication for over six week. That communication included a new organizational chart. This should have been prepared before the layoffs. For six weeks employees had no idea who to go to for time cards, reimbursements, and day-to-day questions. New structure has employees in the same department reporting to different managers. Each manager chooses which policies to enforce and this has created hostility within formerly high functioning teams. One manager watches time cards like a hawk, while another lets hourly employees work from home. One encourages employees to utilize cell phones for clocking in while another will write up employees for doing so.

Pros

Discount for attending WSU

Cons

Poor pay. Poor managers.

Dangerous Company

Company was in such a flux, no one knew what was going, they were being controlled by suspected purchase from another company and attempted to get in the black on the books by laying off the old higher paid/more trained and seasoned employee's. They did not back fill the positions, so therefore more work placed on those less able to go what the managers and long term staff were able to handle in quick time. Then when they couldn't show enough black on the books, they trimmed the staff to the skeletal they could operate by and ran with that. Seems many people were aware of how the administration ran the company if you speak to anyone outside in the same field.

Pros

Cons

Administration, wages, no support, rules constantly changing, short staffed

Shadowing a physical therapist

I learned a lot while I shadowed Iva Staats at Wright State Physicians. I got to understand and experience the diverse spectrum of how a patient deals with their post-op surgery and their goals throughout rehabilitation. By the end of my experience at Wright State Physicians I acclimated an average understanding how programs of rehabilitations with various injuries were tailored to each person, executed day by day and filed for easy-access.

Pros

one-on-one communication with physical therapist

Faculty practice plan undergoing transformative change in its business model. Affiliated with Wright State University- Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio

Corporate Restructuring

Great people in Charge Entry to work with. Cross training provided to be able to work in all departments. Supervisors are open door policy and help to provide work assignments that are within scope of your work day. Typical day is checking coding on encounters by physicians in clinics, setting up charges and making sure the drop with no issues on the front end. Hardest part of job is dealing with continual change from administrative level on where the corporation is headed. Possible sale of corporation? Enjoyed working with peers and communication and helping one another was pushed by supervisor.

Pros

free to modify schedule if needed during times bldg open

Cons

lack of job security, drop in hourly wage rate

Faced paced environment

If you enjoy working with surgeons, you will enjoy this job! Fast paced environment and tasks change daily. great benefits like tuition assistance. Room for advancement.

Productive, laid back, friendly environment with welcoming and helpful employees. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for employment or a physician.

No longer a practicing office

Was a great place to work at first, the people were great and then management changed and the office was in chaos, employees left, remaining employees were overworked, overwhelmed and chastised for it. The physicians left for another practice and it eventually went from a 14 physician office to a two physician office.

Pros

We were invited to department functions and there were rep lunches, Christmas parties, pizza parties from physicians, fall picnics, basketball and baseball games

Cons

Went from an hour lunch to 15 minutes. no time to get work done due to being over worked.

Disorganization at it's finest

This office started off rocky, and ended even worse. There were so many management changes, no one knew who to go to for anything. The last office manager was horrible. She took more away from us, and expected the same amount of work. Then benefits were taken away. Office perks were taken away. Then our working areas were taken away. I could go on, and on, but I will stop there. Nothing positive to say about this office.

Pros

There aren't any pros to mention.

Cons

Basically everything

WSP was a wonderful experience.

WSP was a wonderful experience. WSP is a non profit corporation supporting the School of Medicine for Wright State University located in Dayton/Fairborn Ohio.

Great place to work but not any room to move up

Love my job but they do not offer any advancement to move up in the company. I'm looking for a career not just a job to get me by.

Pros

Great team to work for. I love the staff I see everyday

Cons

No paid holidays, no vacation time, sick, or personal

Busy palce to be

Working with a diverse group of people - working with resident family physicians - preparing their monthly schedule Work as a team and an opportunity to meet new students.

Bad place to work

Maybe the worst place to work I have seen. The work environment is toxic and hateful. Administration is unresponsive to concerns about patient's well being of it gets in the way of money and the business. The worst thing is the administration is dishonest. Beware!

Productive and great place to work

A typical day at work answering phones, scheduling patient's, registering patient's, everyday I learned something new expanding my skills, my co-workers were helpful and we work together getting the job done, I enjoyed help the patient's

Pros

great benefts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright State Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Wright State Physicians Reviews by Location

Learn about Wright State Physicians in popular locations

• Wright State Physicians
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?