Wright State University Employee Reviews

Temporary job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHAugust 1, 2018
The staff was cooperative. They were helpful. As I was new to them all of them tried to help me in one or the other way. The work was interesting and I learned a lot in their company. The boss was always lending a helping hand.
Pros
Good environment of work.
Cons
Was a part time job.
Quick-paced fast changing workplace
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 25, 2018
A typical day does never look the same. It requires flexibility, collaboration, and time management skills to be successful. The workplace culture is very relaxed, and laid-back.
Pros
Managed working time around class periods
Cons
Can be stressful
Good work/life balance
Project Manager, Facilities Planner (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2018
Fantastic benefits for families. Good work/life balance. Poor administration - once current fiscal crisis is over, will be a decent place to work again.
benefits
Fun, easy job for students
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2018
It’s a good job for a student. Minimum wage and no way to work upwards. Work around your school schedule. Hours 8:30-5 M-F. Weekends and nights off. Good people to work with.
Fun and energetic, but a lot of politics.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
Wright State was a great place to work for the first 50 years. Lately budget problems and politics (both work and government) have made it less enjoyable. Most employees are very entrenched leaving almost no room for advancement.
Pros
Free education and lots of time off.
Cons
Dealing with overly-sensitive academics, political agendas over sound business practices.
wright state
Graduate Assistant/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great university with many opportunities. Can stay here and advance as much as you'd like. Great environment to be in with great people. Would work here again.
Fun place and productive
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 4, 2018
I had a great time here and learn a lot. Wright State University was named to honor aviation pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright, who invented the world's first successful airplane in their Dayton bicycle shop.
The best
iOS Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 16, 2018
WSU gave me the opportunity to work and confidence that I can work effectively. It is the best place to work, the faculty here encourage every student.
They provide opportunities and they encourage. This the best university in Ohio and the best place to study.
good place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2018
It was a good place to work. I worked for my friend so it wasn't so bad to work there. I was a personal assistant so I only worked a couple hours a week.
Pros
free food
Cons
only worked a couple hours a week
Student Worker
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2018
I was a student who worked with fellow students and I enjoyed it. It was a nice environment and fun. I worked a couple hours a day with students helping them get ready in the morning and the evening.
Atypical Job
Model (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 24, 2018
I was hired because I knew the class instructor, he had been my professor in a prior class. This job is mostly aimed at students as it can be fit into a class schedule exactly like a regular class.
Work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2018
Let talk about my supervisor first.
She was wonderful flexible women. She helped me to achieve what I have now. Even if the salary was not satisfied to me , but flexibility of the schedule pushed me to stay for 3 years
Relaxed and Professional Atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 16, 2018
I was a front desk receptionist at Wright State for the College of Education and Human Services. I would answer phones, run errands, answer questions about the department or the school in general. I made spread sheets, and informative documents for fundraisers, donations etc. My manager was fantastic, she was very professional and was always there to help. She was very encouraging and a great motivator. The hardest part of the job was reviewing different scholarly journals for one of my bosses when he needed specific information but it was informative. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and the other staff members, everyone was always in a good mood.
Fantastic Learning Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russ engineeringMay 14, 2018
The laboratories and other resources makes the university a great platform to learn and implement your ideas practically in an effective manner. The staff are really accommodating and are always willing to help guide you should the need arise. My adviser was great to work with.
great environment and good coworkers.
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2018
it was front desk setting and research job. most of my responsibilities were easy to take care of including running errands and simply staying at an office so that it is not empry.
Adjunct Faculty Work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2018
Though the teaching experience was great, I could not pay my bills on the adjunct faculty contract-salary arrangement. I enjoyed the support system that was offered by management.
great school and great people
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 24, 2018
I have so many amazing people that i work with in the COSM. The college of science and math student services provides help for students to have meeting with their advisers.
Pros
inside school and hours to work around class
Cons
short hours
Friendly and helpful staff
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 24, 2018
Wright State is a great place to work. I had the opportunity to work as a group fitness instructor for the school and it was a fun experience. Staff was very friendly and knowledge-able. Recreation center was organized and flexible especially with student hours.
Student working is fun
New Member Educator (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 9, 2018
Was actively involved within the sorority on campus and creating and growing within the chapter had to create a dynamic experience while still keeping things mellow for everyone else
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Manager in Dinning Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2018
The workplace was fun and friendly. Management was receptive to feedback from its employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around such a diverse group of students and staff.
Pros
Enjoyed working with an international and diverse group of students and staff.
Cons
Non-applicable