Wright State University Employee Reviews

Very flexible
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2018
A typical work week usually involves me waiting for the assignments to be turned to be graded and I provide necessary feedback to the students. I learned that students do indeed apply there own creative thinking as well as critical thinking to the issues of today regarding technology. The most enjoyable part the job is reading different responses from a group of students based on the topic of the week.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 28, 2018
I was an adjunct professor. I taught mostly online classes. The management is good and they are supportive. Company parties. I have to teach for a weekend a year
Adjunct Professor Saturday Enrichment Program (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2018
I loved teaching at Wright State as was humbled to be a part of the students learning process for the future of their life. There was not a day I did not want to go and teach.
Pros
Watching the students grow as well as myself in the learnng process.
Too much favoritism and politics
END USER SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2018
I think that this is worse in certain departments, but the department I was in was awful. I was "not allowed" to speak to others and ask questions of others, even though the person who I was assigned to work with wasn't teaching me anything. There was no knowledge transfer and nothing defined or planned in order to train me on the job I was hired to do. So essentially I wasn't given any direction, training or assistance. I believe this was mainly due to the person who was supposed to train me really didn't know some things herself. Very bizarre work experience. I would not recommend.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
No direction, lack of job training, lack of knowledge transfer
Giod
Hospitality Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2018
It’s a good place to work except all the lay offs
But I enjoyed my time there ready to move on thank you it had its ups and downs like working with the students
Pros
poii
Cons
nnn
Good for student
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tissue BiologyOctober 30, 2018
Easy to get employed as student. Pay is ok. Professors are flexible. Not expected to work full part time, often can navigate around your schedule easily.
I enjoyed the career I had At WSU. I put my three sons through college with the employee discount.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Wright State. I meet and formed long friendships.
I was in charge of the Board of Trustees and Admin. Assistant to the Secretary to the Board and Vice President to the President.
Relaxed work environment. Good part-time opportunity.
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2018
My responsibilities as the Sports Information Analyst included entering sports statistics into Excel, writing recaps of the events for the school athletic website, worked the score board for baseball/softball games, etc. My part-time position at Wright State University was a great learning experience. I got exposure to various individuals in the Athletic Department, had the opportunity to work in a sports-related capacity and improved my writing skills by writing the website articles.
Pros
Attending sporting events, relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Not enough hours, inconsistent hours.
Fun workplace!
Paid Event Coordinator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2018
I learned how to effectively run a baseball camp and do so in a way that everyone involved will be used to their full potential and have fun! I would highly recommend to a friend.
Writing and Editing Intern
Editing Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 19, 2018
The ONEIL Center at WSU provides me a great opportunity to get relevant experience working with clients, both from within the university and outside clientele. I've editing government proposals, completed a pitch deck for a social media client, improved intern resources, and worked as a team with other interns to produce technical communication projects.
Pros
flexibility
Love this workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 5, 2018
Workplace, working culture is really good. Workplace flexibility (scheduling, telecommuting, working arrangements) has the potential to provide employees with the ability to succeed at work while fulfilling personal needs such as family obligations or educational pursuits. Many studies have suggested that workplace flexibility is linked to greater employee productivity and retention, though concerns often arise related to the effort required to manage a system fairly and effectively. So, In my opinion write state is the great place to work in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Enjoyed my job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Wright State has changed significantly over the past 14 years. Im thankful for the many opportunities WSU has afforded me over the past 15 years. As I look to grow professionally its time to spread my wings and soar.
Pros
students
Cons
Budgetary crisis
Not Recommend
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
It is the worst place to work but affordable life. Not recommend it at all. Management is worst you can check internet. They fired many people in 2017 because of the financial problem.
Student Worker - Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 25, 2018
My schedule varied with the intensity of the semester. During exam weeks, there was more time spent tutoring. When the semester was less intense and no one showed up, I studied.
Good educational opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I was a Master's degree candidate with an opportunity to work at Wright State to help fund my education. This was a great opportunity and allowed me to acquire my Masters degree.
Productive and Fun workplace
Researcher, Dept of Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Got to learn a lot about 3D printing.The Professor i worked under was very helpful and friendly showing me the right direction to work on to obtain the necessary results.
Wright State School of Medicine was a great place to work.
Business Manager 3 (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Benefits were great! Boss was great! Opportunities for advancement or transfers. Flexible work hours, some ability to work form home. Friendly environment.
Volunteer position
Fundraising Chair, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This was a volunteer position. It was a great experience. This is not a position obtainable outside the Univesity of Dayton Community. This is a volunteer position.
Great place to gain experience.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This is not a position obtainable by people outside the graduate programs within the Wright State University community. The anatomy department is a great environment.
I worked this position as part of a thesis.
Principle Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This was an awesome experience. This is not a position obtainable by most people. This is not a review. I worked here as part of completion of my degree.