Wright State University Employee Reviews

Love this workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 5, 2018
Workplace, working culture is really good. Workplace flexibility (scheduling, telecommuting, working arrangements) has the potential to provide employees with the ability to succeed at work while fulfilling personal needs such as family obligations or educational pursuits. Many studies have suggested that workplace flexibility is linked to greater employee productivity and retention, though concerns often arise related to the effort required to manage a system fairly and effectively. So, In my opinion write state is the great place to work in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Enjoyed my job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Wright State has changed significantly over the past 14 years. Im thankful for the many opportunities WSU has afforded me over the past 15 years. As I look to grow professionally its time to spread my wings and soar.
Pros
students
Cons
Budgetary crisis
Not Recommend
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
It is the worst place to work but affordable life. Not recommend it at all. Management is worst you can check internet. They fired many people in 2017 because of the financial problem.
Good educational opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I was a Master's degree candidate with an opportunity to work at Wright State to help fund my education. This was a great opportunity and allowed me to acquire my Masters degree.
Productive and Fun workplace
Researcher, Dept of Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Got to learn a lot about 3D printing.The Professor i worked under was very helpful and friendly showing me the right direction to work on to obtain the necessary results.
Wright State School of Medicine was a great place to work.
Business Manager 3 (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Benefits were great! Boss was great! Opportunities for advancement or transfers. Flexible work hours, some ability to work form home. Friendly environment.
great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Time spent in the lab learning from a variety of colleagues was a great learning experience. Schedule was flexible & projects were always interesting.
Great place by the lake
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHAugust 27, 2018
Id start my day by clocking and setting up our cold bars,filling fountain machine,make coffee,do prep food work,check dining room stock area..I learned a lot from the Mgr at that time and he was a nice guy. The culture was nice and people understood that they had to wait at times in most cases. Hardest part was repeat difficult customers. Most emjoyable getting to know the customers a bit more so we wern't treating them as just a number..
Pros
free food for my break
Cons
mishandling of my personal info.
work environment
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 21, 2018
Wright State University is a very nice place to work. The main work hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday thru Friday. Many offices are very flexible with the work schedules
Tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 9, 2018
It was ok working at WSU. I didnt like how they thought it was ok to split our hours like they did. I wish the promises they gave us, they would keep. I didnt get a pay raises when I was supposed to.
Temporary job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHAugust 1, 2018
The staff was cooperative. They were helpful. As I was new to them all of them tried to help me in one or the other way. The work was interesting and I learned a lot in their company. The boss was always lending a helping hand.
Pros
Good environment of work.
Cons
Was a part time job.
Quick-paced fast changing workplace
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 25, 2018
A typical day does never look the same. It requires flexibility, collaboration, and time management skills to be successful. The workplace culture is very relaxed, and laid-back.
Pros
Managed working time around class periods
Cons
Can be stressful
Good work/life balance
Project Manager, Facilities Planner (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2018
Fantastic benefits for families. Good work/life balance. Poor administration - once current fiscal crisis is over, will be a decent place to work again.
benefits
Fun, easy job for students
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2018
It’s a good job for a student. Minimum wage and no way to work upwards. Work around your school schedule. Hours 8:30-5 M-F. Weekends and nights off. Good people to work with.
Fun and energetic, but a lot of politics.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
Wright State was a great place to work for the first 50 years. Lately budget problems and politics (both work and government) have made it less enjoyable. Most employees are very entrenched leaving almost no room for advancement.
Pros
Free education and lots of time off.
Cons
Dealing with overly-sensitive academics, political agendas over sound business practices.
wright state
Graduate Assistant/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great university with many opportunities. Can stay here and advance as much as you'd like. Great environment to be in with great people. Would work here again.
Fun place and productive
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 4, 2018
I had a great time here and learn a lot. Wright State University was named to honor aviation pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright, who invented the world's first successful airplane in their Dayton bicycle shop.
The best
iOS Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 16, 2018
WSU gave me the opportunity to work and confidence that I can work effectively. It is the best place to work, the faculty here encourage every student.
They provide opportunities and they encourage. This the best university in Ohio and the best place to study.
good place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2018
It was a good place to work. I worked for my friend so it wasn't so bad to work there. I was a personal assistant so I only worked a couple hours a week.
Pros
free food
Cons
only worked a couple hours a week
Student Worker
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2018
I was a student who worked with fellow students and I enjoyed it. It was a nice environment and fun. I worked a couple hours a day with students helping them get ready in the morning and the evening.