Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

Wright Tree
Goundsman (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GANovember 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Wright Tree Service. Great pay, great opportunity for pay raises. Wonderful management. If they were still within the area I would definitely still be working for them. They have good equipment to work with.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Higher pay
I love my job at Wright. My crew is very easy to get along with, we treat each other as brothers, and act as a brother's keeper.
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, WVJuly 30, 2018
I love the work, I love the scenery, commradeory, the energy, and last but not least the competition. My only complaints are low pay, rarely do you get a raise when it's due , there are many men who have been with the manual crew longer than I have and still make less than I do, and the equipment situation is deplorable, many times these defects and shortages have been reported with no adequate response, I had to use retired tag lines as work position lanyards/buck strap fliplines.
Pros
Free adrenaline rush daily, good atmosphere
Cons
Many unsafe working conditions, pay not scaled to risk/benefit ratio
Poor Management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Workers were great but management was horrible. Fine until new person came in and became a babysitter and very intimidating. Power trip!!! Knew it all and very overpowering. It’s like they were just looking to write people up. Part time job but full time work and unwilling to accommodate with more hours when requested as more work kept being shoved down your throat. All was peaceful and workload perfect until new person came on. Good luck is all I can say! I loved what I did but the new person had management brainwashed and made work miserable not just for me but for others who also felt the same. They are going to keep loosing good people if that person keeps treating people bad. The new person had a bad attitude very snotty and cold and like they were above everyone and I know for a fact many others felt the exact same way. Would have loved to stay but that person was the only reason I resigned!
Pros
Benefits for part time workers
Cons
Two faced
not for faint of heart for working aloft or exclusively outside all year
Line Clearance Trimmer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 20, 2018
Climbing and clearing trees in easements of transmission power lines, traveling across the state. Working for tight knit small crews 10 hours a day and 4 days a week. Not recommended for those who have issues with heights or working outside and in every weather condition with exception of lightning.
Pros
great benefits, weekly pay, long weekends
Cons
no per diem for intrastate travel, long commutes possible
Hard mental work with little reward
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 28, 2018
Some areas General Foreman have a relaxed atmosphere. All areas tend to have the same atmosphere as the utility. Great safety culture and the main office does a lot together.
Pros
decent pay insurance
Cons
division management
High Expectation- Low Compensation
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2018
Payroll dept. gives little to no training. You are required to basically teach yourself. But be careful- do it wrong and you’ll get in trouble. My supervisor did not know how to do the work I was assigned and had to ask others (who didn’t have time to help). Office has a lot of cliques- makes it hard to be social, ask for help or get anything done. Management is constantly watching you- trying to catch you in a mistake before you have the chance to correct on your own. Other departments are much more lax with their employees which makes it feel like harassment in payroll. Benefits are OK. Pay is low for the experience they required.
Pros
Nice, clean office
Cons
Required to work Weekends and Holidays
Good job. Hard, physically demanding job.
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Good job, physically demanding. Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Our operations are guided by a set of values: safety, integrity, quality, teamwork, innovation, and family.
Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our “Brother’s Keeper” pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002.
Pros
Good Co-workers and retirement
Cons
All about production
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 8, 2018
Worked long hours and the pay was decent. I learned a lot by being in supervisory position. Management of company was great except for outer offices. They had their own set of rules to go by. They treated employees that had worked for company many years by awards given out at yearly banquet.
Pros
time off if needed for family
Cons
too many bosses
Great place to learn safety and an interesting field
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
If you are looking for a new filed of work and do not have experience then this is a great place to start. The pay is decent and the benefits are top notch but costly. You work outside every day rain or shine. that's a good thing as well as a bad.
Pros
Many talented and skilled people eager to pass on their knowledge
Cons
Not very good at looking into the future of the company or its employees
Productive and competitive work environment.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for wright tree service but I don't feel like they were paying me for what I was doing. I was climbing for them for over 6 months straight and was still being paid as a groundsman but that may have been because I never got around to taking the written test to advance to a trimmer but my skills were there. I liked the hours and being outside. It had good benefits.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
weather
Not the best option of employment
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 14, 2018
The job itself isn’t too bad. The worst part about the job is the favoritism shown towards certain employees. They have some of the most ridiculous rules I have ever seen, (wearing hard hat and safety glasses in parking lot). General Foremen could careless about your well being, they just want their production. 95% of the equipment is junk, especially the chainsaws. It’s like pulling teeth to have chainsaws repaired or replaced. You’re lucky if you can even get a bar or chain for a saw when you need it. And it’s honestly a very underpaid job, for the work that we do we should be paid a lot more.
Pros
Work week, long weekends
Cons
Ruthless management, strong favoritism, underpaid
Excellent Company
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great pay and management. I was given the chance to move up with fast results. I recommend working there for anyone wanting a good career.
good schedule questionable management
Line Clearance Foreman (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 8, 2018
very enjoyable work great skills to learn, perfect schedule for family life. questionable management choices, made it hard to listen to management knowing they couldnt perform the job that you were doing every single day. amazing group o people to work with arborists are family oriented.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no long term outlook for work, no variety in work
The best training and experience in the area.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 14, 2018
A good place to work. Good benefits. Union pay scale and promotion program. Plenty of overtime when needed. Nice per diem package. Sometimes very cutthroat competition for promotion.
Pros
overtime available when wanted
Cons
some discrimination
Ok place to work
General Foreman/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2018
It was a good company with good benefits just the management wasn’t up to par. It’s all on who you know and what clicks you’re in. Other than that it was a great company to work for
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Terrible hours
Good place to start a career.
Foreman A (Former Employee) –  Abilene tx.January 24, 2018
Good place to start your career decent start pay , really good benefits after 90 probation, lots of opportunity to move up / pay grade wise & job title wise.
Pros
Weekly pay, $85 daily perdiem when traveling . Travel places all over for work.
Cons
Lots of traveling, long hours if on storm restoration
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2018
Productive keeps you busy with staying home on weekends. Get offered overtime if available. Team members are very welcoming and it's a great career to have
Very quick paced, hard work
Groundsman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Working here you have to be ready to learn, stay alert and be ready for whatever tasks are assigned that day, good people are ready and willing to teach you how to be safe an good.
Pros
Good work, set hours
Cons
Outside year round
It a cool place you make real good friends alot of adventures
Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2018
It was a point that i loved my job but not no more i feel like they are not paying me enough for the jobs we do there and the risk we take every day i mean we work near power line and the lowest pay there its 12.30 to a ground man i just think thats not enough
Pros
You get alot of hours
Cons
They are not paying right for the jobs people do there
Fast pace
brush remover (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 4, 2018
I could only look at this job as temporary nothing more if you are not restricted to a job like this keep looking for a better job for yourself if you do work for this company
Pros
It's a job
Cons
favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright Tree Service. Our community is ready to answer.