Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Company
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great pay and management. I was given the chance to move up with fast results. I recommend working there for anyone wanting a good career.
Not the best option of employment
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 14, 2018
The job itself isn’t too bad. The worst part about the job is the favoritism shown towards certain employees. They have some of the most ridiculous rules I have ever seen, (wearing hard hat and safety glasses in parking lot). General Foremen could careless about your well being, they just want their production. 95% of the equipment is junk, especially the chainsaws. It’s like pulling teeth to have chainsaws repaired or replaced. You’re lucky if you can even get a bar or chain for a saw when you need it. And it’s honestly a very underpaid job, for the work that we do we should be paid a lot more.
Pros
Work week, long weekends
Cons
Ruthless management, strong favoritism, underpaid
stressfull
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2018
this job start fun but when bosses come around they start to stress you on the mos simple things even if you are fairly new. some of there oldest workers can be fired over practically nothing. a very unfair workplace.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
stressful, picky
Poor Management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Workers were great but management was horrible. Fine until new person came in and became a babysitter and very intimidating. Power trip!!! Knew it all and very overpowering. It’s like they were just looking to write people up. Part time job but full time work and unwilling to accommodate with more hours when requested as more work kept being shoved down your throat. All was peaceful and workload perfect until new person came on. Good luck is all I can say! I loved what I did but the new person had management brainwashed and made work miserable not just for me but for others who also felt the same. They are going to keep loosing good people if that person keeps treating people bad. The new person had a bad attitude very snotty and cold and like they were above everyone and I know for a fact many others felt the exact same way. Would have loved to stay but that person was the only reason I resigned!
Pros
Benefits for part time workers
Cons
Two faced
Cut throat company
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVApril 15, 2018
Horrible leadership, very strong favortism, dangerous work when raining, lack of structure, write ups over everything under the sun, absurd rules i.e wearing hard hats and safery glasses in parking lot.
Pros
You have a job, thats bout it.
Cons
No sick days, operating equipment in the rain, favortism, lack of leadership
The best training and experience in the area.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 14, 2018
A good place to work. Good benefits. Union pay scale and promotion program. Plenty of overtime when needed. Nice per diem package. Sometimes very cutthroat competition for promotion.
Pros
overtime available when wanted
Cons
some discrimination
Productive but strict and damanding. Un fair treetment
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYApril 9, 2018
It was do this now and my way from the start. Favoritism was played. Unfair treatment and talked down to. Workers where pushed to the max daily with no sympathy
Pros
Work week schedule.
Cons
Pushing qorkera paas breaking point
productive worplace
Electrical Line Clearance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 6, 2018
stressful all depending on who your working for. knowledgeable employees but poor management hurts the production of new fresh employees willing to work, learn, and give it their all.
Pros
relaxed pace
Cons
short breaks
This place is crazy! Lots experience... Very low ball offer!
Head Monkey (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 13, 2018
14.33 hr offered for 5 yrs exp. Class B air brakes. Line clearance certified. Good luck hiring in the future with all the button pushing millenials!! oijvfodkf
Pros
Sore back... Bad knees... Broken bank account!
Cons
Long drive, wear & tear on vehicle, dangerous work, low wages
High Expectation- Low Compensation
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2018
Payroll dept. gives little to no training. You are required to basically teach yourself. But be careful- do it wrong and you’ll get in trouble. My supervisor did not know how to do the work I was assigned and had to ask others (who didn’t have time to help). Office has a lot of cliques- makes it hard to be social, ask for help or get anything done. Management is constantly watching you- trying to catch you in a mistake before you have the chance to correct on your own. Other departments are much more lax with their employees which makes it feel like harassment in payroll. Benefits are OK. Pay is low for the experience they required.
Pros
Nice, clean office
Cons
Required to work Weekends and Holidays
Good job. Hard, physically demanding job.
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Good job, physically demanding. Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Our operations are guided by a set of values: safety, integrity, quality, teamwork, innovation, and family.
Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our “Brother’s Keeper” pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002.
Pros
Good Co-workers and retirement
Cons
All about production
Management need more knowledge of the tree industry.
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Unknowledgeable of updates in the advancing climbing industry techniques. Management likes to throw their own team under the bus. Management is concerned more about their bonus than the equipment that they put on their crews trucks.
Looks can be deciving
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 19, 2018
When I started out there it was fun and it helped me out for a bit and the workers were great to be around with. until they started to put the wrong people in charge and then nobody want getting a fair shot to improve and alot of power trip people were there as well . Not a place I would never go back to
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Good place to work learn how to climb trees get to stay out in a hotel sometime work emergency storm hours really helps and fun if u like the rain and storms
Unrealistic expectations, little to no training, caddy environment and very "clicky" like high school.
Payroll & Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Pay is low, unrealistc expectations from management, little to no training. I was trained less than two hours and expected to have 100% accuracy after 2 days. Does that sound realistic for a new job? No matter how skilled you are there is ALWAYS a learning curve, the management there doesn't care. You're not allowed to be a part of any company activities. I was pulled in by managament and told I can't participate in Wellness. They are strictly worried about production, little to no breaks and 30 mn lunch with no services close so you're pretty much trapped on their property. This is not a job for an educated professional.
Pros
Owner is great.
Cons
Payroll department management has unrealistic expectations.
would not reccomend
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Nepotism/good old boy favoritism is rampant in this company. I enjoyed the work, but management leaves much to be desired. If you're not in the "in crowd" they won't lift a finger for your hiring full time or advancement.
Fun
Labor Hand (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 14, 2017
Good place to work for. You get to travel and home on weekends. I would like to say if youmlike the out doors and cutting trees its the job for you. The crues are grate and the job is fun.
Ask Questions before you are hired,
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 18, 2017
Interviewed and was hired on as "Groundman" . 3 days in I was told that EVERYONE was going to be climbing in our area. I am not able to climb which is why I applied for a GROUND job
Pros
Great crew members
Cons
Poor communication, spent to much time looking for access points
Horrible place to work.
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVOctober 15, 2017
Gives kids management positions. Horrible place to work. No sick days, no personal days, it's never the management fault. Can't tell it's the management, instead always wanting to blame the workers.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everhthing.
Its a great job
Ground clearance and tranning to climb (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2017
I loved working there I got in a car accident that held me away from being able to work but I would love to go back if there was a way to I would in a heart neat
Pros
Cons
I cant think of any