Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

Its not for everyone
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
The company is ok my boss was great he did a lot for me and had patience he inspired me to climb. But after a few slips on the climbing rope i was done
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo, calmado y seguro
TA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 18, 2018
Es buena compañia porque El trabajo pasa rapido y pagan been hay buenos compañeros de trabajo
Pros
Seguro medico dental y vision
Cons
Ninguna
A good paying and decent place to work
Tree Trimmer/Climber (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 12, 2018
I had a good foreman and have learned alot from him about tree work.We usually had good equipment to use and work with. We uses top of the line saws and climbing gear .
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks
Cons
Extensive travelling
It a cool place you make real good friends alot of adventures
Climber (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2018
It was a point that i loved my job but not no more i feel like they are not paying me enough for the jobs we do there and the risk we take every day i mean we work near power line and the lowest pay there its 12.30 to a ground man i just think thats not enough
Pros
You get alot of hours
Cons
They are not paying right for the jobs people do there
awesome place
Tree Climber (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHAugust 5, 2018
helped with clearing the trees from a power line, and making the trees look good, climbed trees and chipped brush, and needed driving a bucket truck and did storm damage help
Pros
the coworkers
Cons
the volunteer of storm control
Produtive, well competitive,
Power line clearing (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 30, 2018
I loved working at Wrights. Learned .alot. Had a good group pf guys to work with. They treated you like you were actually someone that matters and there was room tp.advanced
Pros
Cared for employees and their families
Cons
Lay offs
I love my job at Wright. My crew is very easy to get along with, we treat each other as brothers, and act as a brother's keeper.
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, WVJuly 30, 2018
I love the work, I love the scenery, commradeory, the energy, and last but not least the competition. My only complaints are low pay, rarely do you get a raise when it's due , there are many men who have been with the manual crew longer than I have and still make less than I do, and the equipment situation is deplorable, many times these defects and shortages have been reported with no adequate response, I had to use retired tag lines as work position lanyards/buck strap fliplines.
Pros
Free adrenaline rush daily, good atmosphere
Cons
Many unsafe working conditions, pay not scaled to risk/benefit ratio
Hard mental work with little reward
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 28, 2018
Some areas General Foreman have a relaxed atmosphere. All areas tend to have the same atmosphere as the utility. Great safety culture and the main office does a lot together.
Pros
decent pay insurance
Cons
division management
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2018
Productive keeps you busy with staying home on weekends. Get offered overtime if available. Team members are very welcoming and it's a great career to have
Productive and competitive work environment.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for wright tree service but I don't feel like they were paying me for what I was doing. I was climbing for them for over 6 months straight and was still being paid as a groundsman but that may have been because I never got around to taking the written test to advance to a trimmer but my skills were there. I liked the hours and being outside. It had good benefits.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
weather
Great place to learn safety and an interesting field
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
If you are looking for a new filed of work and do not have experience then this is a great place to start. The pay is decent and the benefits are top notch but costly. You work outside every day rain or shine. that's a good thing as well as a bad.
Pros
Many talented and skilled people eager to pass on their knowledge
Cons
Not very good at looking into the future of the company or its employees
good schedule questionable management
Line Clearance Foreman (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 8, 2018
very enjoyable work great skills to learn, perfect schedule for family life. questionable management choices, made it hard to listen to management knowing they couldnt perform the job that you were doing every single day. amazing group o people to work with arborists are family oriented.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no long term outlook for work, no variety in work
Log cutting
Trimming Trees away from power lines (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2018
Cutting down trees was great. I learned to keep trees from getting close to power lines to prevent injury. I learned how to use multiple tools for getting the job done.
Pros
Cutting branches
Cons
Wage
Work Somewhere else
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVMay 30, 2018
Its a job and you do what you have to do to survive but if you can find employment elsewhere do so because the management will have favorites and fire you if youre not well liked
Pros
Cons
Hard work, Drill sergeant for a boss
Fast paced work environment. work in all weather conditions
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2018
Most people hear only speak spanish. Suggest to be bi-lingual. Some downtime each day, as you drive to different job sites. Be ready to work in 100 degree weather, rain sleet or snow.
Stressful manual labor
Line Clearance Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2018
Typical workday starts at 5am and ends after 6:30. Show up early for meetings, off the clock, not paid. Start time begins after the meeting and must bring lunch. Unable to stop for restroom breaks or lunch. Working under power lines in extreme weather conditions (Hot & Cold) for line clearance (trees/shrubs/bushes). Most of the time you are on travel.
Cons
Work in extreme weather conditions, manditory overtime, mandatory emergency managment and most time on travel.
Excellent Company
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great pay and management. I was given the chance to move up with fast results. I recommend working there for anyone wanting a good career.
Not the best option of employment
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 14, 2018
The job itself isn’t too bad. The worst part about the job is the favoritism shown towards certain employees. They have some of the most ridiculous rules I have ever seen, (wearing hard hat and safety glasses in parking lot). General Foremen could careless about your well being, they just want their production. 95% of the equipment is junk, especially the chainsaws. It’s like pulling teeth to have chainsaws repaired or replaced. You’re lucky if you can even get a bar or chain for a saw when you need it. And it’s honestly a very underpaid job, for the work that we do we should be paid a lot more.
Pros
Work week, long weekends
Cons
Ruthless management, strong favoritism, underpaid
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 8, 2018
Worked long hours and the pay was decent. I learned a lot by being in supervisory position. Management of company was great except for outer offices. They had their own set of rules to go by. They treated employees that had worked for company many years by awards given out at yearly banquet.
Pros
time off if needed for family
Cons
too many bosses
stressfull
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2018
this job start fun but when bosses come around they start to stress you on the mos simple things even if you are fairly new. some of there oldest workers can be fired over practically nothing. a very unfair workplace.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
stressful, picky

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright Tree Service. Our community is ready to answer.