Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Produtive, well competitive,
Power line clearing (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 30, 2018
I loved working at Wrights. Learned .alot. Had a good group pf guys to work with. They treated you like you were actually someone that matters and there was room tp.advanced
Pros
Cared for employees and their families
Cons
Lay offs
I love my job at Wright. My crew is very easy to get along with, we treat each other as brothers, and act as a brother's keeper.
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, WVJuly 30, 2018
I love the work, I love the scenery, commradeory, the energy, and last but not least the competition. My only complaints are low pay, rarely do you get a raise when it's due , there are many men who have been with the manual crew longer than I have and still make less than I do, and the equipment situation is deplorable, many times these defects and shortages have been reported with no adequate response, I had to use retired tag lines as work position lanyards/buck strap fliplines.
Pros
Free adrenaline rush daily, good atmosphere
Cons
Many unsafe working conditions, pay not scaled to risk/benefit ratio
Hard mental work with little reward
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 28, 2018
Some areas General Foreman have a relaxed atmosphere. All areas tend to have the same atmosphere as the utility. Great safety culture and the main office does a lot together.
Pros
decent pay insurance
Cons
division management
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2018
Productive keeps you busy with staying home on weekends. Get offered overtime if available. Team members are very welcoming and it's a great career to have
Productive and competitive work environment.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for wright tree service but I don't feel like they were paying me for what I was doing. I was climbing for them for over 6 months straight and was still being paid as a groundsman but that may have been because I never got around to taking the written test to advance to a trimmer but my skills were there. I liked the hours and being outside. It had good benefits.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
weather
Great place to learn safety and an interesting field
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
If you are looking for a new filed of work and do not have experience then this is a great place to start. The pay is decent and the benefits are top notch but costly. You work outside every day rain or shine. that's a good thing as well as a bad.
Pros
Many talented and skilled people eager to pass on their knowledge
Cons
Not very good at looking into the future of the company or its employees
good schedule questionable management
Line Clearance Foreman (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 8, 2018
very enjoyable work great skills to learn, perfect schedule for family life. questionable management choices, made it hard to listen to management knowing they couldnt perform the job that you were doing every single day. amazing group o people to work with arborists are family oriented.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no long term outlook for work, no variety in work
Log cutting
Trimming Trees away from power lines (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2018
Cutting down trees was great. I learned to keep trees from getting close to power lines to prevent injury. I learned how to use multiple tools for getting the job done.
Pros
Cutting branches
Cons
Wage
Work Somewhere else
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVMay 30, 2018
Its a job and you do what you have to do to survive but if you can find employment elsewhere do so because the management will have favorites and fire you if youre not well liked
Pros
Cons
Hard work, Drill sergeant for a boss
Fast paced work environment. work in all weather conditions
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2018
Most people hear only speak spanish. Suggest to be bi-lingual. Some downtime each day, as you drive to different job sites. Be ready to work in 100 degree weather, rain sleet or snow.
Stressful manual labor
Line Clearance Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2018
Typical workday starts at 5am and ends after 6:30. Show up early for meetings, off the clock, not paid. Start time begins after the meeting and must bring lunch. Unable to stop for restroom breaks or lunch. Working under power lines in extreme weather conditions (Hot & Cold) for line clearance (trees/shrubs/bushes). Most of the time you are on travel.
Cons
Work in extreme weather conditions, manditory overtime, mandatory emergency managment and most time on travel.
Excellent Company
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great pay and management. I was given the chance to move up with fast results. I recommend working there for anyone wanting a good career.
Not the best option of employment
Line Clearance Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 14, 2018
The job itself isn’t too bad. The worst part about the job is the favoritism shown towards certain employees. They have some of the most ridiculous rules I have ever seen, (wearing hard hat and safety glasses in parking lot). General Foremen could careless about your well being, they just want their production. 95% of the equipment is junk, especially the chainsaws. It’s like pulling teeth to have chainsaws repaired or replaced. You’re lucky if you can even get a bar or chain for a saw when you need it. And it’s honestly a very underpaid job, for the work that we do we should be paid a lot more.
Pros
Work week, long weekends
Cons
Ruthless management, strong favoritism, underpaid
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 8, 2018
Worked long hours and the pay was decent. I learned a lot by being in supervisory position. Management of company was great except for outer offices. They had their own set of rules to go by. They treated employees that had worked for company many years by awards given out at yearly banquet.
Pros
time off if needed for family
Cons
too many bosses
stressfull
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2018
this job start fun but when bosses come around they start to stress you on the mos simple things even if you are fairly new. some of there oldest workers can be fired over practically nothing. a very unfair workplace.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
stressful, picky
Poor Management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Workers were great but management was horrible. Fine until new person came in and became a babysitter and very intimidating. Power trip!!! Knew it all and very overpowering. It’s like they were just looking to write people up. Part time job but full time work and unwilling to accommodate with more hours when requested as more work kept being shoved down your throat. All was peaceful and workload perfect until new person came on. Good luck is all I can say! I loved what I did but the new person had management brainwashed and made work miserable not just for me but for others who also felt the same. They are going to keep loosing good people if that person keeps treating people bad. The new person had a bad attitude very snotty and cold and like they were above everyone and I know for a fact many others felt the exact same way. Would have loved to stay but that person was the only reason I resigned!
Pros
Benefits for part time workers
Cons
Two faced
Ok place to work
General Foreman/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2018
It was a good company with good benefits just the management wasn’t up to par. It’s all on who you know and what clicks you’re in. Other than that it was a great company to work for
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Terrible hours
Cut throat company
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVApril 15, 2018
Horrible leadership, very strong favortism, dangerous work when raining, lack of structure, write ups over everything under the sun, absurd rules i.e wearing hard hats and safery glasses in parking lot.
Pros
You have a job, thats bout it.
Cons
No sick days, operating equipment in the rain, favortism, lack of leadership
The best training and experience in the area.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 14, 2018
A good place to work. Good benefits. Union pay scale and promotion program. Plenty of overtime when needed. Nice per diem package. Sometimes very cutthroat competition for promotion.
Pros
overtime available when wanted
Cons
some discrimination
Productive but strict and damanding. Un fair treetment
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYApril 9, 2018
It was do this now and my way from the start. Favoritism was played. Unfair treatment and talked down to. Workers where pushed to the max daily with no sympathy
Pros
Work week schedule.
Cons
Pushing qorkera paas breaking point