WS Packaging Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Downhill rapidly
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 30, 2018
This place has changed over the course of my decades+ career there. Management is all about the almighty dollar. Incentives they offer are slowly discontinued, raises are rare; last one we all received was in 2014 or 2015 and I left in 2018. In the end, my final day was confirmed in an email. If you're looking for a job that views you as a warm body and a '$', this is the place for you!
Pros
Co-workers are about it
Cons
Just about everything else
Productive environment with a relaxed feel.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  McRae, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Working at Ws Packaging was a nice experience that I would not mind reliving but the only problem I had was sometimes our boss was just a little to nice to the point where some employees would always get there way and leave the workload for the next person to cover.
over all a decent place to work
Track Operator (Current Employee) –  Goodview, MNJanuary 24, 2018
ws packaging has its days just like any other factory. but for the most part its not too bad. when you come into work theres a mandatory 15 minutes stretching period which is enjoyable. there are longer days through the week so that friday can be a shorter day.
Pros
give employees food quite often and reimbursement for footwear
Cons
safety concerns
Terrible Management
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2018
No good managers in this plant, HR never gets back with any questions or concerns. No straight answers given, rules change daily, repeatedly lied too, and trying to get any issue resolved is pointless.They are reactive not proactive, nothing matters until the last minute when a machine is broke.
Pros
Super relaxed.
Cons
No one cares what is happening.
Horrible company management
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 30, 2017
Some great production employees, management in the offices up through corporate are horrible. It's another black hole of money only landing at the top. High pressure, fast paced, and fill positions with bodies that aren't trained
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No training, doesnt listen to suggestions. Threat tactics
Poor management
Mark andy Print press operator (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHOctober 2, 2017
Job pay is decent but they promise raises after you hit progression but then find reason not to give it to you. Manager on 3rd shift doesn't explain anything just drops you at machine and if he talks to you it's because something is wrong.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good company needs some improvemnet
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 17, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. A constant change to management makes it difficult to keep a consistent work productivity.
Communication is lacking which makes it difficult to understand the issues that are happening in other departments, and is the reason for defects in the product to keep reoccurring. There is little to no room for growth, available jobs are not posted internally for someone within the company can have an opportunity to apply for the position.
The people that work at WS packaging make it successful, through hard work and dedication to getting out a quality product.
Worked for them when they took over another print shop.
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 8, 2017
They took over our company they then told us we are getting folded into another company and we are going to move. But they werent going to take everyone. As soon as they told us that the dynamic of the shop changed. Management was only looking out for themselves, the people they brought in were jerks , and the stress mounted up.
Pros
3 day work week for weekend shift
Cons
Everything else.
plenty of work and overtime
fork lift driver materal handler (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 7, 2017
always work to do. they request that you work weekends. You get a day off every other weekend. Management will work around home problems and allow you to temporarily switch shifts. Pay rate is not that good. Employees use this for experience for a better job.
Pros
8 hr days
Cons
not enough time off
Worst run business in mason
Plate mounter/plate maker (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 25, 2017
Very poor management. Corporate offices have no idea what they're doing. Too many negatives to list any positives. People who do the actual work are good people to work with. It's a shame it's ran so poorly, it could be a nice place to work. Chaotic environment in every department. Work lots of hours for bad pay. Not worth the headache.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Everything else
Poorly run company
Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 9, 2017
Too many problems with supervisors down to Human resources. No organization whatsoever. Large office with many workers doing nothing at their desks, while main manufacturing floor is in chaos. Lot of finger pointing going on. Very sad situation
Pros
Cons
OK pay
Fun, creative artistic environment
Preflight Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 25, 2012
A typical day consisted of receiving customer design files and going through each part of the file to ensure readiness to submit for printing. The best part of my job was being able to utilize my design skills and see how many product labels were created. The hardest part of my job was also being able to utilize my skills and having to correct some of the design flaws that would not work when printed. It was challenging but very exciting.
Pros
paid holiday
Cons
long work days