WSECU Employee Reviews

Good Work/Life Balance
Business Analytics Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 19, 2019
WSECU is a good place for work/life balance. It's a tough place to advance and grow in a career. Good place to wind up your career once you've already gotten to the job you want to stay in for a long time.
Amazing
Contact Center Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 18, 2019
The best company!The culture is fun, supporting, and goal oriented with multiple training and advancement opportunities. This company is constantly striving for improvement in all aspects, and every opinion matters- top to bottom, internal and external.
Pros
Business culture, benefits, schedule options
Cons
Working Saturdays
Great mission not a lot of opportunity for growth
HQ Employee (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 3, 2019
Very hierarchical. Change moves at a snail's pace and politics rule the day. Amazing benefits and decent pay. Nice enough people. The vision is there, but leadership do not allow staff any autonomy and they hire based on experience, rather than capability. They lose out on dedicated internals because they'd rather hire someone who looks good on paper.
Pros
Paid healthcare and 8.5% 401k contribution, community engagement
Cons
No flexibility, no parental leave, slow to change, few opportunities for growth and a dismal inclusion record.
A great Business to work
Held Senior Teller Position (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 24, 2019
I was a Bank Teller & made deposits for our Customers on a daily basis.
Sold products for the Credit Union such as debit cards, all types of accounts,offered loans etc. cross selling was a big part of our job.
Pros
Located close to my home
Cons
Don't have any
Greatest company I've ever worked for
Contact Center Member Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 11, 2018
My CEO once adjusted the blinds for me when I was on the phone with a member. This company knows how important its employees are to their success and they treat you as such. The contact center could be stressful and crazy sometimes, and working on phones is never the most pleasant experience, but this company knows that and has a very supportive culture as a result of it.
Pros
Culture, Salary
I love wsecu
Member Consultant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 9, 2018
I worked for WSECU for nearly 15 years. The only reason I left was because of family issues and the need to be home more. I miss the culture and it is difficult to find jobs close to what WSECU has to offer.
Good place to work however
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 6, 2018
You are micromanaged , there is no time to yourself and when you do take breaks you are penalized for it if it is not within the set times. It is very nit picky , I understand the high volume needing people on the phones at all times but part of a floor for a whole company fielding all the calls isn't sensible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful job, micromanaged work style
WSECU Summary, they said I was rehirable, wont hire me back.
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, WAMay 31, 2018
The best part of the job was being the best in the contact center, and still being pulled into that tiny little room for some reason, with negative feedback.
Its ok
MORTGAGE ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 7, 2018
There are pros and cons, the benefits are great. There seems to be no real structure or road map for what you can do or need to do for career advancement.
The best credit union in the state
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 21, 2017
8.5% company paid contribution to employee 401K plan.
Semi and annual evaluations tied to merit increase.
Discretionary annual incentive up to 12% of base salary.
Loved my job!! Best place to work in the Northwest!!
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 15, 2017
What hasn't been said about WSECU!! Great place to grow and learn. It's not work when you love it! Great vision, great manager, great benefits! We have fun and get the job done!
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, lots of incentives
Cons
Would love to work remotely out of state
Fair, friendly environment, competitive pay and good bonuses
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 8, 2017
If they were in the state I am now living in I would have never left! Great Company to work for. Would be nice to have more training or shadowing in other departments.
Cons
part time health care for 1 and a child is completely unafordable
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 3, 2017
The people are amazing. It really feels like a family. The company treats it's employees right. They pay for Health Care and contribute a fair amount to your 401K.
Great Company
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 25, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced but could be a fun environment to work in. I learned many new skills including leadership development while working with WSECU. Most managers are leaders at WSECU and are there to help you succeed and move forward to reach your goals. The hardest part of the job was not having very many opportunities to have 2 days off in a row and the scheduling make it difficult to have a healthy work-life balance if you have children.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Scheduling conflicts with family life
Best place I've ever worked
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 7, 2017
I looked forward to going to work everyday. My team that I had was the best around and I loved my managers. My favorite thing about coming in was seeing all my regular members. I loved talking with them, learning about their lives and being their Member Consultant/Personal Banker. I was there for 5 years and knew everyone who came in everyday. Every consultant had members that would specifically ask to work with and I had numerous members asking to see me. This was the best job that I have ever had and I would work here again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Members, co-workers, managers. Just everything.
Cons
None.
Accounts Control Officer II (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 27, 2017
It was a fun place to work with many very smart people.In our department, there were many different positions so I got to work with many different aspects of the credit union.
Pros
Loved my supervisor
Cons
had to drive 45 minutes to and from work
A fun and friend environment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 23, 2017
WSECU is a delightful place to work. The fun and friend environment of the work place brings a plethora of culture which feels like one big family. Daily activities consist of working with members with their financial needs from simple task such as moving/transferring money to helping our member with loans to help achieve their needs.
Pros
401k, heathcare, general leave
Cons
limited advancements
fast paced work environment
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 24, 2017
Learned to multi-task well and provide excellent customer service. Hardest part of the job was the changing schedule every three months. the most enjoyable part of the job was the other employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
micromanaged breaks, long hours
WSECU is absolutely amazing!
BSA Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 31, 2017
WSECU really cares about their employees. They have unparalleled benefits and 401k program. Accrual of vacation and sick leave was great making work/life balance less stressful. I always felt supported and cared about. They regularly ask for employee feedback and really seemed to take the provided feedback seriously.
Pros
Avanti Marketplace, great parking, regularly scheduled breaks and lunches, amazing benefits, great co-workers, happy employees, great leadership
Inovative work environment but not work life balance
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 17, 2017
I learned a lot from working at WSECU but it was a very stressful environment caused by the management and job expectations. There isn't much room for advancement unless your willing to go to another department located 30+ miles away.
Pros
Inovative forward thinking environment
Cons
No work life balance, stressful unrealistic job expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSECU. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight