WSFS Bank

WSFS Bank Employee Reviews

United States117 reviews

bankbranchbankingcustomerdepartmenttrainingbalancecustom

Eh

Decent hours&pay, lots of distractions /tension in office. A lot of misinformation given during training/nesting.

ovarall good company to work for

Overall good company to work for - great benefits, PTO, etc. Just to be clear, when you work in the branch it is a sales job. You're expected to upsell bank products (account, loans, debt cards, etc.) along with various other duties. If you're not good at selling, I would consider another position. Some of the best managers and co-workers I've ever had. Great work culture who does really believe in the well being of their employees.

WSFS Bank insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Very community spirited company

Excellent company I was remote but communication was 👍great The management surely cares about employees and them personally as well as professionally

Horrible benefits and terrible policies

Horrible benefits- they refuse to cover spouses if the spouse could obtain health insurance literally anywhere else. The benefit information provided was different than what was actually offered and it wasn’t clear during open enrollment (the out of pocket max was 5 digits more than they had originally said!!) which was never apologized for or explained why the info packet was different. I did not receive a cost of living raise (let alone an actual raise!) but they insisted I return to office after being fully remote. But the department is spread across several offices so collaboration is still onlineI was being underpaid for my experience to begin withUnclear policies on PTO (they only pay out the entire month worked upon leaving) and how much PTO is needed to be used during disability. My boss definitely tried to be flexible for things like docs appts but corporate clearly tried to limit their ability to be flexibleRelatively high turn over, which they seemed unbothered by. Management/corporate is a major issue here

Pros

Pet insurance

Cons

Healthcare, Pto, pay, lack of flexibility

Its ok. Most departments take advantage of the call center.

Call center is a revolving door. Upper management refuses to hear the complaints of call center employees which come directly from customers. Not recommended!

Pros

Time off is good

Cons

Bad Upper Management

What stands out is a warm and caring culture at WSFS bank.

I enjoy working with the staff at WSFS bank for multiple reasons . They have quality service for the customers. The management team engages in employee appreciation. The hours are flexible and cater to you professional and personal life balance.

Pros

Gifts cards

Cons

N/a

Productive & welcoming environment

This is a great place to work. I find myself having a perfect work life balance compared to the previous employers. The management team is so awesome, and are helpful.

Pros

You get 5 days off, the pay, and the staff is not in competition

Great place to work for!!!!!

Training is across the board when it comes to assisting customers financial needs. Everyone goes through a 6 month training and on the job course. You are always encouraged to ask questions. If you work a Saturday shift you either get a weekday off or a 1/2 day off during the weekday. It is up to each manager at the location you work at. Overtime is a hit and miss. If you work for the Valley forge region you will not get over time. Great equal opportunity company to work for. The company does offer great bonuses anywhere from $100 to &1,200.

Pros

Bonus, covid pay, training and flexibility

Cons

Short breaks, locations far for traveling.

Decent place to work, but must be good at sales

First of all, the job was presented in interviews and onboarding as a much different experience that it actually was. The primary difference was the pressure on sales. I was told that sales were included, but not the most important thing. In reality, you are expected to get multiple referrals resulting in closed sales if you want any chance at advancing. Also, your schedule changes each week depending on if you are working that Saturday. If you work on a Saturday, your lunch breaks are 30 minutes that week. No Saturday, lunch breaks are an hour. And you never have the same day off from week to week.

Pros

Free coffee, equipment provided

Cons

Short breaks (10 minutes), alternating meal break schedule, sales pressure

I didn't know what I was doing

Manages were nice but too busy to train me. Completing tasks with no bigger understanding of their purpose. I often felt isolated. Little effort was made to build a sense of culture/teamwork in the office I worked at.

Very cliquish like high school.

I would not suggest this company there is little to no diversity & it is like high school . The company claims to be family oriented but they are not , if you are from a lower class they look down on you .

There is a lot of potential for growth and the culture can be intoxicating. If the financial world is your dream, absolutely consider WSFS Bank!

Overall, working for WSFS Bank was an amazing experience. It was my first and only time working in the world of banking and started out incredible. As a Personal Banker, the Retail Office Manager I had guided me in the right direction. She sent me to the right networking events, gave me insight on how she climbed the ladder to success, and genuinely cared about my career growth even if that meant losing me to another branch or department. I was promoted three times within the first year - year and a half, including a department switch. There was occasionally a lack of communication between departments, but that can be common especially as companies grow and it rarely hindered the customer experience. Outside of the branch, however, management seemed to be very political, definitely showed favoritism, and some supervisors/managers seemed to care only for their own career goals/advancements... even if that meant throwing you under the bus or claiming your ideas as their own. During COVID is when that side of the card started to shine through. It became a very stressful and somewhat hostile working environment. That may only be my perception, as these things are often subjective and I absolutely know the part I played leading to my leaving the company. Regardless, to this day I still recommend people to apply to the company as well as continue to refer clients to conduct their finances at WSFS.

Pros

Culture, work-life balance, opportunity for career advancement, pay, training, management

Cons

Management, inter-departmental communication

Not your traditional Customer Service Dept.

Decent pay for an easy phone job. The queue is manageable and you aren’t back to back calls your whole shift. Moderate sales but easy quotas to meet to get incentive.

Pros

Ojt, monthly incentive, needs based selling

Cons

Short breaks, too many systems to learn.

Working at wsfs bank

Great opportunity for growth within your role as well as job advancement and security. The trainers are very thorough and go above and beyond to make sure you understand the training materials to be successful. WSFS peers you with a mentor after training to not only make sure you succeed within your position but, to also prepare you for your next role within the the company or another financial institution. The only downside is pay however, as long as you’re meeting your goals you are eligible for extra monthly paid out incentives as well as yearly bonuses. Overall a great company to work for.

Pros

Your branch is like your second family.

Cons

The pay isn’t the greatest for the job duties you’re required to do

Great culture but a lot of micro managing

The company as a whole is great. It is a happy and personable organization and as far as benefits go WSFS is top notch. They really helped out their retail banking sector financially during the pandemic lock down which was great. With that being said depending on the branch you work at you can expect to be micro managed almost to a breaking point. It is stressful at times having management hound you on your sales goals and it takes away the enjoyment of the job. Customers in my experience have been relatively good. Overall it is a great place and retail is even better if you enjoy sales.

Pros

Benefits, work-life balance, internal growth

Cons

stressful sales goals, micro managing

Great Environment

I love my job!! I look forward to work everyday. My regional manager gives me all the support i need and more. My co-workers andI all feel a sense of purpose. We are a community bank that cares for our customers co workers and our community. Best place I have ever worked

Pros

awesome work culture

Cons

cant think of any

If you want pay commensurate with experience and education look somewhere else

Management is a joke. They are so out of touch with reality because they are in their positions only because they have worked for the bank for so long they keep getting promoted. Don't bother going to HCM (HR) because they are as useful as a one-armed paper hanger. If you want a job where you can post on Instagram all day about getting your hair and nails done during work hours, then this is the place for you. If you want to have a job that you actually care about and get rewarded for doing well, then go somewhere else.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Poor pay, employees know more than management

Okay

It's an okay place to work. They will sell you in the interview that it's a good place to work and maintain a good work/life balance. It's not. Management rides you for sales in a short staffed branch where customers wait forever because some transactions take a while to complete and it's tough keeping up when there's only 2 people in there. Personally, I think they need to vet their managers a little better because the one I have is very disrespectful, condescending and not helpful at all. When your employees dread going to work every day then maybe take a look in the mirror. When you leave for the day you don't want to talk to or see anyone because you're drained and stressed from disrespectful customers to a manager that you're afraid to ask questions or for help. If you plan on having a life outside of work you probably shouldn't try to work here.

Pros

Some coworkers, decent incentives

Cons

Terrible management from top to bottom

Great environment but low pay

The work environment is great and everyone is friendly and willing to help. The pay and benefits aren’t the greatest and neither is the technology, especially if you started your career at a bigger bank.

Pros

Cons

Pay and benefits

Engaging Environment - IT Associate

My role is equal parts working with internal employees and working with outside vendors. Heavily involved with both day-to-day operations, as well as projects regarding updates, upgrades, and transitionary tasks. Management is very supportive with further developing and enhancing skillsets via education and certification. Culture within the company is very family-based. Strong support for all communities.

Pros

Culture, responsive management, learning environment

Cons

nothing comes to mind at the moment

Solid place to start

I have a really great manager but not so great assistant manager. Work is often passed off and customers can be hard to deal with. Also incentives became much harder to achieve.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSFS Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits