WSFS Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 12, 2018
It's a good company. I do all my banking with WSFS. Great company to work for. If you do your role you will have no issues. Great people in the departments.
Great Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 12, 2018
WSFS Bank is a great place to work, it provide great work life balance for family. They provide great training to new and existing employees to comfortably work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
I was as an active member of the event planning committe
Sr. Bank Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 8, 2018
Highly motivated Customer Relations Specialist with broad background in servicing the customer thought written and verbal communications.
Provided support for Branch Teller inquiries.
Handling incoming phone calls for both external and internal customers.
Supported other areas/department as needed. Performed research to determine if a disputed transaction is valid or fraudulent.
Overall strong culture and commitment to our associates and customers
Assistant Vice President- Manager Consumer Lending (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 1, 2018
Great Bank to work for and strong culture and environment,
Customer oriented with the focus on strong customer service and commitment. Really enjoy working at WSFS Bank
Don't do it if you have a family
Personal Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 20, 2018
WSFS was not helpful in anyway when it came to family. They only cared that they had coverage for the branches. The sales were so bad and the stress to sell accounts was overwhelming. They made you feel like they were doing you a favor by paying you peanuts.
Pros
I had a job
Team Work Driven
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DEMarch 12, 2018
This company was a team work driven company that made their employees feel appreciated for small accomplishments. They had the best training I have ever been through for a company.
Poor incentive program
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 7, 2018
This company has a incentive program that doesn't incentivize and they will strip you of any bonuses if customers don't use the accounts how the bank wants them to be used after you've put your time and energy into selling the product or service to the client. Why even have an incentive program?? Give employees better raises and you will see that the Wells Fargo culture that his been brewing within WSFS will dissipate.
I wasnt comfortable there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 5, 2018
I was excited to work for the bank. However after training i felt the manager didn't a lot times when I needed assistance. I didnt fell comfortable and was often afraid to ask questions.
Pros
n/a
Cons
to many to mention
Wsfs bank
eBanking Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 5, 2018
The job is good, the coworkers are good, however finding someone to help you advance and teach you what you need in order to move forward is tough. I would recommend this job to someone who is not interested in moving up or is just planning on using this position as a stepping stone.
Stressful
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 5, 2018
I'm excited that I will only be working for this company for 1 more month. The worst experience I've had at WSFS would be how rude some of the customers are and how management expects you to be ok with blatant racist customers.
Fast Pace, Long Days, Great Environment
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Camden, DEFebruary 15, 2018
WSFS bank is the best bank to work at and to bank with. From the customers to the employees, you instantly get a family feeling. Everyone is a team and looks out for one another even beyond the workplace.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short 30 min lunches at some branches
Super Culture
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 15, 2018
One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Management is careful to balance life/work & respects employees needs. People here are certainly great to work with and there is a caring environment for both clientele and other business partners
Pros
culture
Cons
pay, but in-line with industry
Lacks diversity & Real Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 23, 2018
WSFS has a problem creating the culture they say they’ve already obtained. They’re not clear and candid about anything. Horrible incentive program and racist management (possibly unconscious bias) nevertheless they need to check themselves. Glad I’ve moved on. They’re plenty of other banks out there who pay puch more to put up w/ the stresses of hard selling bank products that people don’t want. I would consider that before you take a position w/ this company.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 22, 2017
Love the people I work with everyday. You have the ability to grow with in the company and people are willing to help you grow. They provide great deal of training to help you improve.
Lacks diversity
Personal Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Sussex County, DEDecember 4, 2017
Company was an ok place to work for initially, the focus was selling through service but that was just a facade. They want you to sell everything you can to customers even if they don’t want it. If a customer comes in for a checking account , they want you to tell them what else they will be receiving which really doesn’t give them an option to say no. This improves your cross-sell in order to try to meet performance standard which is a definite struggle to make if you’re a Personal Banker 2 or higher. Oh, you also get no incentive for meeting performance standard. One of the biggest challenges the company has that I see is a lack of diversity. If I had to guess, I’d say the make up is about 95% White, 3% Hispanic, 1% Back and 1% Other. The company needs to address this issue along with making sure the bank operates the same way in all of the regions. In addition, they also need to revisit their incentive program so that it works for every branch and just the busier ones.
Pros
Hourly rate was decent
Cons
Senior management, incentive program, lack of diversity, pushed to hard sell
One of the best places I have ever worked.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 1, 2017
Ive worked for national and international companies who claim to be so collaborative and caring, but WSFS Bank proves those attributes every day. I would love to continue working here.
A Nice Place To Work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 27, 2017
Nice environment. Nice people. Good pay. Good Benefits. Room for advancement. Understanding management. Great customers. sense of community. Plenty of personal time off if you need it.
Pros
It's a growing field.
Cons
Standing on your feet for long periods of time.
Working with WSFS
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 6, 2017
I did not enjoy my working experience. There were a lot of staffing shortages, the job description was misleading, i dealt with racism from customers as well as some co-workers. I learned a lot in terms of banking. I do like their training program it was very detailed, however there were some things that should have been included.
Settlement Specialist/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 9, 2017
Interacted with customers daily while making deposits and withdrawals. I implemented goals each week to promote new products to customers. This job was a great first internship opportunity.
Great Work Culture and Upper Management
Corporate Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 6, 2017
One of the bets places I have worked at. my manager and seniors were very helpful and provided guidance every step of the way. The company have excellent work ethics and a great group of associates.