WSP USA Employee Reviews

I loved working for WSP.
Construction Project Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10119May 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for WSP & will recommend the company to my friends.
I worked from 8 to 10 hours per day.
I learned how manage new school buildings construction.
I worked in great workplace culture.
Achieve Temporary Certificate of Occupancy prior to school opening.
Watching little kids entering the new school building for the first time.
Very Productive Workplace
Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 14, 2018
Typical day is fast paced, you are taking information via phone and PC. Must be able to Multi-task, speak and write clearly and take orders without hesitation. Must be willing to come to work on a 24 hr notice or less at times. Emergency Management Services is high demand when disaster strikes. Management is fair and always willing to help out as needed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
High Demand
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
Working at WSP is fast paced and challenging. The associates are friendly and helpful. The work varies enough to keep you interested throughout the day.
excellent but stressfull job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22602April 30, 2018
this job is extremely good and satisfying with your duties, but for me the work hours were too much and the stress level was to high. Also i was still in school and could not balance both of them and my transportation vas a big issued for me at the moment.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work hours
Excelent job
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 7, 2018
I like so much working for wsp and I wanna working again with then because you learn so much. Is a great company and they have good benefits and good professional people.
Great place to work.
Permanent Temporary Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 4, 2018
The permanent full-time employees are awesome. They are willing to answer questions. The training leaves a lot to be desired. You are expected to dive in and learn as you go.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal training
Post Hurricane Relief
Disaster Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 29, 2018
Long hours and much devastation. My work days were spent visiting homes that were damaged by Hurricane Maria. I then assessed and reported the damage.
Great Company
FEMA Home Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2018
Love the company, great pay and great leadership. I would recommend to any one who doesn't mind working contract work. The company has great structure and had their employees in mind...
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Contracted job
Inspection Services, Contractor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2018
This job is contracted and is a call out status due to a natural disaster. The area must be deemed a State of Emergency by the President and the Governor in order for WSP to be called upon. Then adjusters are deployed to certain disaster areas.
Pros
Great work experience and the ablity to help people.
Cons
Need to pay your living expenses a head of time. And then be reimbursed.
fun and very interesting pac to work.
Inspector(fema contractor) (Former Employee) –  hato reyMarch 21, 2018
very challenging work and creative good supervisors good ambiencei learned how to work as inspector identify needs of apps learn work on excell sistem and adp program.
Wsp
Assistant Track Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 20, 2018
WSP USA is a great company with plenty of opportunity for advancement. WSP provides quality work and establishes and maintains good client relationships.
The worst place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
WSP building department is the worst place in the world to work. Very aggressive and unpleasant culture...lots of discriminations from managers, insane working hours ,etc.

Upside is the high key projects one would get exposed to.
Pros
High Key projects
Cons
Aggressive culture, discrimination, insane working hours
Good Place To Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAMarch 17, 2018
Enjoying my time here, projects are great and CIO is supportive. IT PMO processes very strong. Co-workers excellent and intelligent. Pay is good, so are benefits. Fast paced environment with average pressure.
Rewarding opportunity - helping people!
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  Texas and FloridaMarch 13, 2018
There are a lot of hours required on this job, we typically work 7 days a week over 60-70 hours, there is no work/life balance, good pay but extremely slow on expense and per diem reimbursements. The opportunity is an intermittent opportunity, depending on what job you have, management seems overwhelmed and field training is minimal but classroom training was quick but extensive- lots of testing required and you must pass to remain with the company. However, the job was very rewarding because you meet great people and if you have the heart and love helping people who have experienced probably the most devastating thing in their life, having lost their homes due to disaster.
Pros
You schedule your inspections on your own
Cons
No days off
Excellent places.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 12, 2018
an excellent place to learn new branches in life and have new experience Very Good Partner and supervisors and manager.
Wsp is a very large company with good benefits. I only have 7 months as an employee and I can not say anything negative about this company.
Overloaded employees
Engineer (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 6, 2018
Worked overtime without pay, no appreciation or recognition.
Management doesn't care about employees, only numbers. You will never advance if your manager doesn't want you to.
Straight forward, employment for the independent, progressive
Contract Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 23, 2018
This was the best suited work for me. I felt they expected employees to do their homework and learn the job without, having to hold the hands of people looking to make a quick buck.

Some may have felt more supervision was required; I don't agree as I believe employees need to explore job requirements before, during and after employed. Employees need to learn to be self-sufficient in a job related to human tragedy and natural disasters.

The long term folks at this company were some of the most out- standing people I'd had the pleasure to meet. Unsong heroes.
Fast Pace and Fun
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Great opportunity for anyone with good people skills. Very fast paced work environment with ample support from peers. Reimbursements could be sped up.
Pros
Cons
None to mention
Contract Inspector for FEMA
Disaster Housing Inspector Part Time Temporary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Pureto RicoFebruary 15, 2018
It was a great opportunity and a great experience. It opened doors for me in other areas of a work career. And has encouraged me to proceed with opportunities in inspection and as an Adjuster.
Pros
Great training before and during my career with WSP
Cons
Inspectors must be financially capable of out of pocket expenses, which can be up to $2000-3000 for first month.
WSP is a wonderful place to work
IT Service Area Manager - Northeast Region (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Very nice place to work and with job security and advancement as long as you are working hard. So they really do notice their hard workers and give them opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSP USA. Our community is ready to answer.