Play YouTube video button

WSP USA Employee Reviews

Ok work place
Plumbing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2019
Could have better management
Generally good staff to work with.
Office environment could be better
Projects are generally interesting to work on and the teams are generally pretty easy to work with
fast-paced open office environment
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Great people for the most part, competitive salary. Demanding workload and long hours expected. Mostly my issue was with management who were most often unavailable and unable to provide the resources needed to cope with a very demanding work schedule. People in my department started leaving and soon it was gutted to half it's original size while the workload never relented. Too many meetings to attend and office distractions usually made it impossible to catch up and the quality of work usually suffered. Work/life balance is of no concern to your superiors and senior staff. Overtime is not required, unless you want to be successful. "Balance is not a goal, success is a goal." - CEO
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours and stifling corporate environment
Good work environment
Owner Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2019
High qualified colleagues and good management
They also offer training and career growth
Very good workplace culture
The hardest part of the job is that we have to work at client's office
Pros
Good management
Cons
No possibility of banking the overtime
Great Place
Electrical Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 1, 2019
Worked as an intern and enjoyed my time there immensely. The management was great and and set you up to succeed. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.
Productive, Flexible and Friendly working environment
Planner I (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2019
A typical work day at WSP Lenexa was great. Friendly and fun working environment. Flexible work hours. Great Supervisor. Organized and competitive. Management should be more responsible and informative about their employers and future needs.
Great Place to work
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 28, 2018
Good place to work, people are easy to work with and everyone gives their support to anyone who asks for it. I had the opportunity to work as an individual with little to no supervision which I am grateful for.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Large Company
Laid back but can get boring
Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 15, 2018
We process license plate numbers at a high speed and with high accuracy. It's an easy job, very repetitive which can make it boring at times. We've recently experienced a lot of changes in the company. However, it's nothing that can't be accommodated to.

I like that even though you may only work part-time they still provide great benefits and decent pay rate for the position. As image processors we are able to listen to music or podcasts, or whatever we feel like with headphones, or we can listen to the music that plays out loud (there are speakers installed in the ceiling). It is a different environment working in the evening than in the morning. I've worked both shifts, and prefer the evening shift due to the environment; it is more relaxed. There really are no difficulties in this position. If you are flexible with change it is even easier.
Pros
Listen to music, Benefits, Take breaks when you like
Cons
Gets boring, The day can drag
WSP is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90071November 12, 2018
WSP is a great place to work. WSP formerly known as Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms - WSP.
Pros
Learning all the functions of WSP
Cons
I was brought on to fill in as a Long Term Temp Position
Terrible middle management.
Senior Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2018
Do not work at this company if you are entrepreneurial, a woman, or a minority. If you have an inexperienced manager, make sure to communicate and document issues, and if you are unable to make headway, get out fast.
Could be better
Billing Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAOctober 29, 2018
The company has made changes to many of the benefits we used to receive. We no longer have a flexible work schedule, which was one of the benefits because the pay is not that great.
There are not many opportunities for career advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
WSP was a great work environment and the people are amazing.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 25, 2018
Working at WSP USA was gratifying. I would start my day by going over my calendar of tasks that needed to be taken care of that day. Customer Service /Front office worked closely with clients, scheduled appointments and meetings, organized special events, arranged for travel, record keeping, expense reports, employee time-sheets , ordered supplies for the office and handled FedEx account.
Hurricane Maria
House Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 21, 2018
I worked after hurricane maria in puerto Rico. It was great to help so many people and be part of the relieve. Working with WSP is a great opportunity I hope it was a permanent job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary job
Good Company
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 17, 2018
Leggette Brashear & Graham Inc., was Acquired by WSP. Duplication of jobs resulted in company lay off. In the little time there the Company was good company to work for
I learned how we need to help others after a disaster
FEMA Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 9, 2018
My tipical day of work was over 10 hours traveling through Puerto Rico doing house inspection for FEMA under strong situations. No electricity, traffic lights and bad streets conditions.
Pros
Help others after a disaster.
Cons
Bad street conditions
Good company
Principal Consultant, Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2018
The company is global and is staffed by fully competent management and employees. The work is good and challenging and there is an ongoing effort to improve on the quality of its submissions.
was excited about the job
apprentice home inspector (Former Employee) –  winchester va (remote)September 13, 2018
very slow process in getting multiple backround checks, after about 5 months of ol training and getting prepared to start hurricane season. was told fema had budget cuts , had to turn in badge.
General Overview
Designer / Revit Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2018
The company is constantly getting new projects. The work flow can vary depending on employee. The company has a lot of events through out the year, as well as a few sporting leagues (Softball, Golf, Basketball). The office is right on Boston harbor, and has parking available on site, but it can be a bit pricey.
Amazing company to start the career
Project Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 3, 2018
It was a great experience and I learned a lot during my stint here. I got a wonderful manager under whom I was able to perform really well and I was able to work as per the expectation of the people there.
Its a real challenge of work in a short period time
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 15, 2018
I love to work as a dwelling inspection, was very good experience and im willing to work anytime they need my services, the pay is very good and the people of personnel is very helpful anytime any hour,
Pros
Earnings so good
Cons
Lack of free time
Engineer. Bad Place to work for new engineers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2018
The company is too large, it brought out two of the largest engineering firms in the USA ( Sells and Parson Brinckerhoff) and is now buying up smaller firms left and right. Great for the for the company, but what about the local/regional offices? All they care about is billablitily or you will be on the "red list". To make matter worse they say they we are "one" company, but when your office are acting as single individual business units and the regional departments are siloed in their own region and everyone's worry is the bottom line. Not really "one" company, but dozens.
Standard Benefits. 401 K is poor, barely match anything and there is also a vesting period. For my junior engineers, learn to network and follow where the work is.