WSP USA Employee Reviews

Good Company
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 17, 2018
Leggette Brashear & Graham Inc., was Acquired by WSP. Duplication of jobs resulted in company lay off. In the little time there the Company was good company to work for
I learned how we need to help others after a disaster
FEMA Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 9, 2018
My tipical day of work was over 10 hours traveling through Puerto Rico doing house inspection for FEMA under strong situations. No electricity, traffic lights and bad streets conditions.
Pros
Help others after a disaster.
Cons
Bad street conditions
Good company
Principal Consultant, Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2018
The company is global and is staffed by fully competent management and employees. The work is good and challenging and there is an ongoing effort to improve on the quality of its submissions.
was excited about the job
apprentice home inspector (Former Employee) –  winchester va (remote)September 13, 2018
very slow process in getting multiple backround checks, after about 5 months of ol training and getting prepared to start hurricane season. was told fema had budget cuts , had to turn in badge.
General Overview
Designer / Revit Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2018
The company is constantly getting new projects. The work flow can vary depending on employee. The company has a lot of events through out the year, as well as a few sporting leagues (Softball, Golf, Basketball). The office is right on Boston harbor, and has parking available on site, but it can be a bit pricey.
Amazing company to start the career
Project Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 3, 2018
It was a great experience and I learned a lot during my stint here. I got a wonderful manager under whom I was able to perform really well and I was able to work as per the expectation of the people there.
Its a real challenge of work in a short period time
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 15, 2018
I love to work as a dwelling inspection, was very good experience and im willing to work anytime they need my services, the pay is very good and the people of personnel is very helpful anytime any hour,
Pros
Earnings so good
Cons
Lack of free time
Engineer. Bad Place to work for new engineers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2018
The company is too large, it brought out two of the largest engineering firms in the USA ( Sells and Parson Brinckerhoff) and is now buying up smaller firms left and right. Great for the for the company, but what about the local/regional offices? All they care about is billablitily or you will be on the "red list". To make matter worse they say they we are "one" company, but when your office are acting as single individual business units and the regional departments are siloed in their own region and everyone's worry is the bottom line. Not really "one" company, but dozens.
Standard Benefits. 401 K is poor, barely match anything and there is also a vesting period. For my junior engineers, learn to network and follow where the work is.
Great opportunity and environment.
Assistant Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 1, 2018
It was the best opportunity I've ever have to help my Island. I visited lots of families with different kinds of needs; families that lost almost everything because of Hurricane Maria.
Nice place to work but management has issues
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
There is a great culture at WSP with a wide range of people who work here. The work life balance and compensation is not the best but being able to work on a variety of cool projects slightly makes up for it.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Work life balance, compensation
Productive and synergy environment
FEMA CONTRACTOR INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Florida DR4337 and Puert Rico DR4339June 19, 2018
This is a company with a great macro-management to develop synergy in a competitive and enjoyable environment. People helping people with values, compassion and love all the time.
Great company when there is work
WSP FEMA housing inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2018
I loved the work and the feeling of helping others. Many more employees are hired then are needed, so work doesn’t last as long as expected. Knowing the right people could make a difference in advancing to permanent status.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No days off
The best company that help Puerto Rico recovered.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 13, 2018
The best experience in my life career helping Puerto Rico and the people recovered from the disaster of Hurricane Maria. Would love to work again if neccessary to help others.
Very professional environment
Tech Analyst II, Server, Storage & Virtualization (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2018
WSP USA is a company that takes work / life balance seriously. Excellent professional environment where every one in the office cares very much for the well being of all others. I've worked in 2 offices and visited many others and the culture seems to be the same at every office I've visited.
Very interesting engineering projects through out the country that can be and are worked on by people with the expertise around the globe. Great place to network
Pros
flexible work schedules, professional environment
Cons
little room for advancement, little to no career training
I loved working for WSP.
Construction Project Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10119May 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for WSP & will recommend the company to my friends.
I worked from 8 to 10 hours per day.
I learned how manage new school buildings construction.
I worked in great workplace culture.
Achieve Temporary Certificate of Occupancy prior to school opening.
Watching little kids entering the new school building for the first time.
Very Productive Workplace
Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 14, 2018
Typical day is fast paced, you are taking information via phone and PC. Must be able to Multi-task, speak and write clearly and take orders without hesitation. Must be willing to come to work on a 24 hr notice or less at times. Emergency Management Services is high demand when disaster strikes. Management is fair and always willing to help out as needed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
High Demand
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
Working at WSP is fast paced and challenging. The associates are friendly and helpful. The work varies enough to keep you interested throughout the day.
excellent but stressfull job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22602April 30, 2018
this job is extremely good and satisfying with your duties, but for me the work hours were too much and the stress level was to high. Also i was still in school and could not balance both of them and my transportation vas a big issued for me at the moment.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work hours
Excelent job
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 7, 2018
I like so much working for wsp and I wanna working again with then because you learn so much. Is a great company and they have good benefits and good professional people.
Great place to work.
Permanent Temporary Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 4, 2018
The permanent full-time employees are awesome. They are willing to answer questions. The training leaves a lot to be desired. You are expected to dive in and learn as you go.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSP USA. Our community is ready to answer.