WSP USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its a real challenge of work in a short period time
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 15, 2018
I love to work as a dwelling inspection, was very good experience and im willing to work anytime they need my services, the pay is very good and the people of personnel is very helpful anytime any hour,
Pros
Earnings so good
Cons
Lack of free time
Engineer. Bad Place to work for new engineers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2018
The company is too large, it brought out two of the largest engineering firms in the USA ( Sells and Parson Brinckerhoff) and is now buying up smaller firms left and right. Great for the for the company, but what about the local/regional offices? All they care about is billablitily or you will be on the "red list". To make matter worse they say they we are "one" company, but when your office are acting as single individual business units and the regional departments are siloed in their own region and everyone's worry is the bottom line. Not really "one" company, but dozens.
Standard Benefits. 401 K is poor, barely match anything and there is also a vesting period. For my junior engineers, learn to network and follow where the work is.
Great opportunity and environment.
Assistant Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 1, 2018
It was the best opportunity I've ever have to help my Island. I visited lots of families with different kinds of needs; families that lost almost everything because of Hurricane Maria.
Nice place to work but management has issues
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
There is a great culture at WSP with a wide range of people who work here. The work life balance and compensation is not the best but being able to work on a variety of cool projects slightly makes up for it.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Work life balance, compensation
Productive and synergy environment
FEMA CONTRACTOR INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Florida DR4337 and Puert Rico DR4339June 19, 2018
This is a company with a great macro-management to develop synergy in a competitive and enjoyable environment. People helping people with values, compassion and love all the time.
Great company when there is work
WSP FEMA housing inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2018
I loved the work and the feeling of helping others. Many more employees are hired then are needed, so work doesn’t last as long as expected. Knowing the right people could make a difference in advancing to permanent status.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No days off
The best company that help Puerto Rico recovered.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 13, 2018
The best experience in my life career helping Puerto Rico and the people recovered from the disaster of Hurricane Maria. Would love to work again if neccessary to help others.
Very professional environment
Tech Analyst II, Server, Storage & Virtualization (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2018
WSP USA is a company that takes work / life balance seriously. Excellent professional environment where every one in the office cares very much for the well being of all others. I've worked in 2 offices and visited many others and the culture seems to be the same at every office I've visited.
Very interesting engineering projects through out the country that can be and are worked on by people with the expertise around the globe. Great place to network
Pros
flexible work schedules, professional environment
Cons
little room for advancement, little to no career training
I loved working for WSP.
Construction Project Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10119May 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for WSP & will recommend the company to my friends.
I worked from 8 to 10 hours per day.
I learned how manage new school buildings construction.
I worked in great workplace culture.
Achieve Temporary Certificate of Occupancy prior to school opening.
Watching little kids entering the new school building for the first time.
Very Productive Workplace
Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 14, 2018
Typical day is fast paced, you are taking information via phone and PC. Must be able to Multi-task, speak and write clearly and take orders without hesitation. Must be willing to come to work on a 24 hr notice or less at times. Emergency Management Services is high demand when disaster strikes. Management is fair and always willing to help out as needed.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
High Demand
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
Working at WSP is fast paced and challenging. The associates are friendly and helpful. The work varies enough to keep you interested throughout the day.
excellent but stressfull job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22602April 30, 2018
this job is extremely good and satisfying with your duties, but for me the work hours were too much and the stress level was to high. Also i was still in school and could not balance both of them and my transportation vas a big issued for me at the moment.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work hours
Excelent job
Inspector Services (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 7, 2018
I like so much working for wsp and I wanna working again with then because you learn so much. Is a great company and they have good benefits and good professional people.
Great place to work.
Permanent Temporary Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 4, 2018
The permanent full-time employees are awesome. They are willing to answer questions. The training leaves a lot to be desired. You are expected to dive in and learn as you go.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal training
Post Hurricane Relief
Disaster Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 29, 2018
Long hours and much devastation. My work days were spent visiting homes that were damaged by Hurricane Maria. I then assessed and reported the damage.
Great Company
FEMA Home Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2018
Love the company, great pay and great leadership. I would recommend to any one who doesn't mind working contract work. The company has great structure and had their employees in mind...
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Contracted job
Inspection Services, Contractor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2018
This job is contracted and is a call out status due to a natural disaster. The area must be deemed a State of Emergency by the President and the Governor in order for WSP to be called upon. Then adjusters are deployed to certain disaster areas.
Pros
Great work experience and the ablity to help people.
Cons
Need to pay your living expenses a head of time. And then be reimbursed.
fun and very interesting pac to work.
Inspector(fema contractor) (Former Employee) –  hato reyMarch 21, 2018
very challenging work and creative good supervisors good ambiencei learned how to work as inspector identify needs of apps learn work on excell sistem and adp program.
Wsp
Assistant Track Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 20, 2018
WSP USA is a great company with plenty of opportunity for advancement. WSP provides quality work and establishes and maintains good client relationships.
The worst place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
WSP building department is the worst place in the world to work. Very aggressive and unpleasant culture...lots of discriminations from managers, insane working hours ,etc.

Upside is the high key projects one would get exposed to.
Pros
High Key projects
Cons
Aggressive culture, discrimination, insane working hours