WSP
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

WSP Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work. Lots of interesting projects to work on, and technical/soft skills to learn. Management is super supportive and encouraging. Compensation is good. Benefits are below industry standards, but they're working on it. There are some opportunities to grow, especially at junior levels. It is what you make of it.
Pros
Great work culture, good management, job security provided you're good at what you do
Cons
Benefits are expensive
There are so many diverse opportunities at WSP - it seems as though there’s something for everybody here! I had a wonderful team that welcomed me on for a few months. I learned more in those months about engineering and architecture than I ever did in years of school.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind people, learn a lot
Good job during disasters. This is temporary work during peak disaster time. Flexible schedule, nice people. Facility is nice. No benefits, pay bi weekly
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary
he Navigator (or Front of House/cashier) has multiple important responsibilities at a Wingstop franchise, one very important responsibility includes Wowing our guests. The Navigator spends more time than any other position interacting with guests, including greeting guests when they arrive, answering the phone, taking accurate orders, and delivering completed orders—all with a great attitude and a smile. Doing these tasks are crucial to providing hospitality to our guests and ensuring they want to come back. A commitment to teamwork, a clean professional appearance, enthusiasm, and a high energy level are expected throughout each shift.
Friendly team members, just not enough work to go around. There was some down time to study for your career advancement and catch up on professional reading.
Pros
Nice coworkers and team environment
Cons
People are political fanatics, talking about politics at work
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The work environment was pretty subtle, and the people working there were great. However, there's very little room for mistakes, and the company's management/leaders do not take the employee's side of an argument—contract-based employment.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Poor management, little room for mistakes, no job security whatsoever
Solid job if you are into cliques. Constant changes keep you on your toes. Lack of advancement unless you are in the "in" crowd. Skills and ability are irrelevant.
Pros
Quitting time
The accounting women were not professional. They gave women in a corporate environment a bad name. Three of them were "screamers". Who can possibly work at their best in that kind of situation? And yes, I did remain professional through it all. Threatened women are bad for any environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Environment not conducive to clear thought.
Great pay and the office was a good environment to work in. I enjoyed my role and position at the company and would recommend this company to other future job seekers. There is room for advancement as well!
The compensation at WSP is good. This is a great place to work after you've finished school and try to get into the field you want. They are pretty flexible. The project managers are pretty great at teaching you how to do things the correct way and lots of patience which is nice as a young engineer just starting off. I get along with everyone at work. The problem I have is with the LOA that works there. Wow is she rude. She is on some sort of power trip and yells at employees in front of other colleagues. Which is completely humiliating for the person's involved. Never have I seen anyone being treated so badly. Someone needs to teach her how to be a kind, patient, and understanding LOA or get her out of there.
Pros
Project managers are professional and respectful, fun environment, great colleagues.
Cons
The management needs a lot of improvement and re-training.
Lots of changes due to the COVID-19. This is a good Company to work for. Good for new Engineers. Room to grow and opportunities to move to other locations. Stable for long term employment.
Pros
Benefits and great people.
Cons
Communication from upper management
My experience with this company was disorganization and manipulation. I was recently furloughed due to a supposed lack of work. I see now in my job search that they have posted a position similar to the position I have been furloughed from. I believe the real reason that I was furloughed is because I have a mental health disorder and I had to take some FMLA leave and I have been having other health issues that I had to take time off from work. I was under the impression that using FMLA was job protection when one has to miss work due to a health condition. It became clear as I was trying to file my claim for my FMLA that mental health issues were not regarded as an actual health issue and I feel that this is the reason that I was furloughed. The management was dishonest and led me to believe I had a future and was doing a good job, there was absolutely no organization to anything, and the training was horrible when I started. The workplace was like being in high school again and there were times I felt intimidated and taken advantage of, being expected to work into all hours of the night because of a managers disorganization. I initially thought this company was a good one but my experience has been horrible and I would not recommend working here unless you know someone in management. Being good at your job is not enough here if you do not fit the personality type and are not the cookie cutter person that they want in their office.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Discrimination against sufferers from mental health conditions and disorganization and dishonesty
I developed carpal tunnel as a result of my job, then fired after filing a work compensation claim.i was REFUSED reasonable accommodation request for ergonomic equipment to minimize pain. I found out i was fired when i showed up for work and badge didnt work!!!
Cons
The management, where I worked, was disorganized and lacked direction. This condition created a most chaotic work environment. This doesn't describe the company as a whole. I worked in the Substation/Transmission department. Between departements, there is a significant and deliberate segregation inertia to overcome.
Somehow miscommunication seemed to be an issue when working from a remote area such as Bishop. No cell phone Service in some remote areas. God Bless WSP!
Pros
Management Team
Cons
Can't think of one?
I was hired in March, furloughed after 2 weeks and permanently separated. I'm inclined to think they knew lay-offs were imminent yet they didn't mention anything when I received my offer. I am now unemployed. Thanks WSP.
Enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Colleague's helpful to discuss problems. Good availability of supervisors, as well. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Willing to take suggestions
Cons
Micromanagement at times
large company, with large resources. capable of working on very interesting projects. long hours. have concerns about buying many companies, as company from PB to WSP has become very large. recommend to younger engineers to start somewhere else, and then join a large company after you have learned the fundamentals of the discipline you want to pursue. doesn't feel like a team environment when working on projects.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
subpar benefits
A typical day at work is mostly sitting on AutoCad or researching different types of plants to create planting sheets. People will be on their computers most of the day, and not take lunch breaks some days.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very formal dress
Worked for 2.5 years at WSP Charlotte as a Traffic Engineer and I've faced favoritism and discrimination in every turn. Worked for a toxic manager, who harasses her employees if she has any conflicts with her superiors. Came to know how bad it is to work here after I moved out of the company. I will never in good conscience, recommend this group to anyone.
Pros
Great administrative staff
Cons
Disruptive and discriminatory local management
The people in the office was good because they are from the LBG USA before takeover and when WSP did takeover they laid off the people that had some age on them. WSP made it sound like they had a lot of work but the truth they wanted to takeover LBG The management was not every good people and really didn’t care itabout it people
Pros
Not many good thing to say about WSP
Cons
Not a very good place to work for
  1. Employee Reviews