WTS INTERNATIONAL, INC. Employee Reviews

Worst Company to Work For
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 4, 2018
With poorly trained management who constantly change after three months, you are better off managing yourself and your team. No one knows how anything works. Their main concern is the budget; they constantly go over due to ridiculous spending habits and excessive complimentary services. None of the directors or managers care about their employees who are in physical and mental pain from overworking in poor conditions.
Don’t work here, they are terrible.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami BeachOctober 2, 2018
Specially in Miami Beach, they make you work like a slave.
The Spa director treats you nice but she tells to WTS everything she might thinking you are doing wrong and forgets de good things.
Two faces maybe three faces.
You are just another employe, be aware of the lack of respect over there.
Not enough hours, trying to keep everyone at part time as to not pay out insurance for all employees
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Lack of respect and bulling.
Don't work here
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 7, 2018
Director has no experience and makes concierge do everything since she's clueless with her first time directing. WTS doesn't care for its employees!!!
Pros
Cons
poor management, no listening, too corporate
Ulitmate Best Job Ever
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 26, 2018
The management provided excellent online webinar training for the software system and senior staff was kind enough to review when we had evening down time at the desk.

The atmosphere of the spa was like walking into a mini vacation every day when I opened for work. The aromatherapy, soft lighting, music, and feel was so relaxing and soothing.

The island itself is alive with relaxed and easygoing people who want their island to be a key vacation spot. Locals and mainlanders were so welcoming and with it being so remote you learn to work together and help eachother out.

Best place I have ever lived hands down but my manager and director were long time island transplants that were very easygoing but made sure that we focused on the customers and held WTS mission statement to all things.

It was easy when you spa is gorgeous and the resort that is located in is happy to have you there. We had amazing amenities in trying out the new massages and being guineu pigs for new products. So hard to stop what you are doing to go get a mini 15 minute massage or your nails done.

After working in corporate accounting with crazy deadlines it was absolutely the best job hands down to relax be present for the customer but ensure they destressed and enjoyed their stay.e
Pros
Relaxed setting, great training, great staff, team spirit, bliss, great benefits & salary
Cons
Not really a next step for this position. Island costs are high
Fun place to work
LIFESTYLE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  MILLVILLE BY THE SEAJune 12, 2018
Fast paced in the summer months. Learned importance of interacting with homeowners and importance of follow through. Club house and resort culture. Hardest part of the job was being on my feet sometimes 8 hours a day. Best part of the job was being with the homeowners
Pros
Homeowners
Cons
Complaints
Very unsuppportive and fake promises
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2018
Unfortunately, I read all the bad reviews and moved forward anyway as the position seemed perfect and it was close and $ was decent.

It started out OK, and I liked my boss and the client. But when things got challenging, WTS only cared about saving their relationship with the client, and even though it was their forecasts and plans that were off and under-performing, they will throw you under the bus, fire you without warning to salvage the client. They tell you to ask for hep, l but when you do, it never comes. They make your job harder not easier and they will blame you for everything. Learned about how fake they can be when they appear to have your best interests. They do not and never will, they want their money and their clients and care little for you as a person. I should have stayed clear as many reviews indicated. I hope you do you HW and find a better place to work. I am only sad to have hired a great team and they are left there ...Was not worth the duress and anxiety and 60-70 hours week that was necessary to even try to meet expectations.
Pros
Cons
lack of any support and help
Love/hate relationship with WTS
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2018
Started out as fair compensation for the DC area, however there is always a push to discount the services which impacts our pay due to being commission based. Current pricing is on par with with unlicensed "massage parlors" in the area. Tips are reflected in these lower prices (if we are lucky enough to receive them). RMP/LMTs did not get into this career path to be treated like unskilled (and illegal) labor as we have to keep up with our licenses, CPR/FirstAid/BLS, continuing education and board certification.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people
Cons
Always discounting services impacting pay
Nice Teamwork
Licensed Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Marksville, LAApril 9, 2018
Very nice people to work with, but no room for advancement. The directors change quite often, pay seems to change everytime a new director comes in. Not too busy of a area to work in, not much educational training either.
Love WTS what a great opportunity
Spa Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2018
WTS is a management company that assists hotels in developing or increasing Spa performance, sadly the hotel that I was placed in seemed to drag their feet a bit and were not open to new ideas. I love WTS
Pros
Opportunties, my direct COD, benifits and pay
Cons
hours
Terrible place to work.
Membership Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 14, 2018
I have NEVER worked for such a childish, dishonest general manager in my entire life. The way this place is being ran is quite amusing really. If you enjoy working for a general manager who lies about everything, doesn’t do their job, shows up late, leaves early, doesnt handle any kind of situation, and doesn’t acknowledge that you even work there, then you should apply at Premier.
Pros
Pto, holiday pay, members.
Cons
General manager. Fitness instructor.
Encouraging Environment
Spa Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2018
My typical day at work included either opening or closing the facility; this included cutting fruit for the water, starting up the computers, turning on the music, folding laundry, and making sure that the spa was organized, clean and ready for guests.

Throughout the day, our duties were to answer phone calls, help solve guests needs, sell products, fold laundry and make sure all of the guests are having a pleasant experience.

The pay was fair for the job I was performing. We were acknowledged for accomplishments, such as if we had a good retail month, and that encouraged us to work our best and sparked friendly competition.

The hardest part of my job is when it becomes very busy at the spa. When you are the main person answering multiple calls, checking out guests, suggesting retail and cleaning up after guests at the same time, it can become daunting and a little overwhelming. Though that also brings up the most enjoyable part of the job: the friendly coworkers and high morale. Every employee works to the best of their ability, and pitches in where they can to help the spa run smoothly. When everyone pulls together to keep the spa a relaxing place for others, it's an awesome feeling! You also can see a change in guests when they first walk in, to when they have finished a service. Knowing you helped make a difference in someone's day definitely encourages me.

The manager is extremely encouraging, always building up the employees and offering constructive criticism when needed.

I wish that I could stay at this location. Unfortunately they are not looking
  more... for full-time positions at the moment. But I will always look back on this job, and think of it as a positive experience.  less
Pros
Free Lunch, Encouraging Manager, High Morale
Good culture, strong support, and good benefits
Membership Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Expectations are reasonable, and support is strong. Continually working to improve the facility which makes it easy to sell. They are also big on supporting the community. I really enjoyed the people I was able to interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
people, culture, benefits
Cons
hours, but typical for a fitness job
Good company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Decent pay, good benefits, and good PTO accumulation right from day one. Good training and support provided, and leadership is strong. Plenty of opportunity for advancement as WTS prefers to promote from within.
Pros
Pay, benefit, Pto, training, and leadership
Cons
Work life balance
fun work place, busy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  the spa at Trump. Las Vegas NevadaJanuary 28, 2018
I liked working for this company. my first manager/ supervisor was great. the second one was terrible. the other staff were great. free lunch, vacation after 1 year.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
if no clients no money
First time managing was a success!
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2018
After working for 3 months, I was promoted to Lead Supervisor. I learned the most I've ever learn about myself as a leader. I managed the staff, I handled the inventory, and was the person to go to when anyone had any questions. The best job I've ever had.
Pros
Management was Perfect!
Laid back, easy and straight to the point with an honest and kind manager.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 24, 2018
Full disclosure: I was fired. It was transportation issues. It isn't anything I hold against the manager, I understand her decision. This practical and honest nature is common at the simple receptionist job, and as long as you dont slack off entirely, you should fare well. Just be warned thaf the pay isn't amazing, but the job is also easy.
Pros
Easy, Relaxed, Straightforward
Cons
Low pay, easy to slack off too much
Aesthetically Pleasing
Staff Massage Therapist, Spa, Health & Beauty (Former Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesJanuary 20, 2018
My role over my last 8 years of employment varied from full-time with benefits to part-time on call. Some of the benefits early on were the use of the gym facility and pool. I always appreciated a discount on skin care and sundries, which varied.

When hired, there were 3 separate facilities managed by WTS in Greater Los Angeles. I worked mainly from 1 property but covered shifts in others. The consideration of an opportunity to open a Spa in China was exciting but it didn't materialize.
I had 8 Spa Directors which include interim managers, so being flexible with management style was crucial. It forced me to learn Non-Violent Communication, an attribute of being a well-versed communicator.

I developed trusted, personal and therapeutic relationships with the patrons, some of which I continue to see in my private practice.

Eventually, WTS lost their last property in LA County early in 2016 and we were all displaced.
Pros
SkinCare Discounts!
Cons
Fluctuating Cancellation Policies
Management is dishonest and doesn't care about employees
Lifestyle Director (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 15, 2018
Upper management is full of themselves and horribly dishonest. I would never work for this company again. I contacted corporate about the dishonest and abusive behavior of Management, and instead of looking at facts, and listening to feedback from the Client staff and residents, they did a coverup. So crooked.
My experience has been top notch!
Spa Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2018
I started out as a massage therapist. Very quickly, I was afforded the opportunity to move up within the company into a management position. I have received great training to prepare me for my new role and I am offered additional training in any area that I request. I have found the company to be supportive and encouraging. I'm also able to transfer within the WTS world to any other facility as positions and opportunities become available. This is a definitely a place where employment growth and movement is possible!

I've worked for other entities, like the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Advancement was next to impossible, HR support was non existent and work/life balance was not a factor for staff or management. Everyone was stressed out, all the time. That is not the case at WTS International. I have had nothing but positive experiences and rapid career evolution. This truly is a great place to work!
Beautiful spa, wonderful guests, great managers
LMT (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 2, 2017
I've been working at SpaOceana for the past 9 years. I love this spa! It is a wonderful place to come to each day, right on the ocean, a relaxing environment, great people to work for and with. All the managers are very supportive and fair. The only negatives I can think of working here are that we have not had an actual pay raise since we've opened based on our job performance. There is a pay raise structure but it's all based solely on our retail sales. So if you are great at sales, you could make a great living working here. All in all, I would recommend working at this location!
Pros
Free lunches from the hotel, beautiful hotel and spa on the beach